Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80000 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #630 on: December 17, 2023, 12:23:33 am »

I am so glad you told me that.  I'll try again, working to make sense!

I'm trying to ask, do you have an alternate idea to explain why I did what I did?

It's in the past, so it's 'fact'.  I said why I did it (I made a mistake kinda similar to EuchreJack's mistakes).  You seem to think it's probably lies and I should die as scum for it.

Okay, so that's a bad plan for a scum to have, especially if a lot of players think like you.  But if I didn't do it for why I said, especially in a game as special and rare in this one - why do you think I did it?
I'm going to be honest, that post was long and confusing and I don't really want to reread it. But I guess I probably should.

Okay. I think this is the post in question:
I'm not sure what part of the post you're talking about or how it implies you're town, sorry. This posting restriction is too much for me. Can you quote the section of the post you're talking about?

I don't see EJ's convert already having already happened because I don't see a scenario where EuchreJack lies about his piratizer ending the day. It's incredibly specific, it's a detail that makes him look like scum, and it'll be disproven when he doesn't end the day early. I guess he could have a day piratizer and, separately, an early day-ender, but that seems unlikely. Kind of possible now that I'm talking about it, but unlikely.

I'm going to be honest, that post was long and confusing and I don't really want to reread it. But I guess I probably should.

If you want me to try and offer a shorter, key facts for EP version, I gladly will.  That one you don't maybe wanna read, was written for everyone, and I had a lot of perspectives plus what may or may not be a post restriction related to what I was trying to achieve in other ways at the time I wrote that.  Umm, if I live long enough, at key times I may or may not be behaving as if I may have a post restriction again.

But if I live past that, I can always answer at other times, if I get other times.

Also, anything else you want to ask about I can try to make sense with?
Thanks, please just quote the part of the post you're talking about

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #631 on: December 17, 2023, 12:23:46 am »

[...]

The best way to avoid Lynch All Lurkers, thus, is to not be the person with the least posts. Yes, I will accept that lurking is anti-town, but anti-town doesn’t necessarily equal scum. Lynch All Lurkers is a horribly flawed way of lynching if your goal is to lynch scum.

I’m with Esteemed ToonyMan: Esteemed EuchreJack has made himself look like scum, and if he flips town it’s going to provide information about a bunch of players, and that fact alone makes him an infinitely better lynch than a lurker.
What do we learn if EuchreJack flips Town?  I'd argue we learned nothing.  We learn that same lesson every time EuchreJack acts like this and we vote him out.  We vote for EuchreJack because we can't dig a little deeper.  We vote for EuchreJack because he does things without putting as much thought into it as he should.  We vote EuchreJack and accept the results, in spite of how insane that sounds.  Because it will happen again.

Personally, I would be okay with flipping EuchreJack if, assuming he turned Town, you, Imp, and ToonyMan were directly tied to his fate.  Not because it would be good for Town, but because it would be good for you.  But, that won't happen.  You would accept that EuchreJack shouldn't have done the things that he did.  And I can prove it because you posted this when TricMagic died:
He literally asked for it. Could’ve done with one a bit more informative, but it looks like it was a problem in need of an answer anyway.
Every problem can be solved with death, but the game can't be won by killing everyone.
It depends what you mean by “directly tied to his fate”. I’ve taken a position and I stand by it, if that gets me lynched, so be it, hopefully it proves informative for the rest of the town.

I’ll try to respond to the rest later, posting in between doing other things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 17, 2023, 12:25:14 am »

Also, Imp, I would like you to answer this question:
Well, lookie at these two jumping in jumpies, Elephant Parade and Maximum Spin.  I wonder how their words their help their wincons.
Are you implying that pointing out the same obvious error is a sign of collusion?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 17, 2023, 12:31:30 am »

If you want me to try and offer a shorter, key facts for EP version, I gladly will.  That one you don't maybe wanna read, was written for everyone, and I had a lot of perspectives plus what may or may not be a post restriction related to what I was trying to achieve in other ways at the time I wrote that.  Umm, if I live long enough, at key times I may or may not be behaving as if I may have a post restriction again.

Could I get the short and sweet version of your post, but for every post?

I wish you delivered the point you wanted to make as concisely and efficiently as possible so that I don't have to spend a bunch of time reading your posts and then a bunch of time trying to decipher the point you're trying to make. It would let me get to thinking about other things faster.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 17, 2023, 12:51:46 am »

Turns out that trying to be in an 18-player is a pretty bad idea for me. I can barely keep up with whatever's happening other than some people want to lynch me because I can be considered lurking.

[...]
I did try to not lurk, turns out spending time with family and school starting during the middle of the game tends to cut into time i have for mafia. I don't think just using one game (and one where it's literally my first game of mafia) is good evidence that this is how I would usually act as scum.

Dear god just having to read a bunch more replies after writing up a post.
17 players are a lot of people, and just having like 9 arguing about something that I lacked understanding and just skimming because walls of text is just intimidating enough that I can't think of a way to barge in and converse.
You do realize that it's really suspicious that you showed up once you were being voted, right?  Is there anything you can give us that could make up for that?
I do know, what do you want me to do? Continue lurking after finding out I am being voted because of Lurking? I could reveal more about my role, and why I find getting lynched would be quite rather annoying what I could do with my role? Would that be helpful and advisable to do so currently?

In Armed Forces Mafia: Stormtrooper Academy, you made posts like this.
But you do have a hard struggle, with walls of text and tons of people, so perhaps you could skim a bit and post a list of people you think could be Mafia?
With what I seen so far, I'm thinking something along the lines of Imp, Euchre, and Egan

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 17, 2023, 12:53:45 am »

excuses about why lurking but nothing about the game, what people are doing, reads, claims, votes, or any other form of engagement.
I don't care, and as far as I'm concerned you still haven't posted anything.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh?
more excuses
I still don't care
In Armed Forces Mafia: Stormtrooper Academy, you made posts like this.
But you do have a hard struggle, with walls of text and tons of people, so perhaps you could skim a bit and post a list of people you think could be Mafia?
With what I seen so far, I'm thinking something along the lines of Imp, Euchre, and Egan
Hey look, literally anything!
now then, tell us WHY you think that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 17, 2023, 01:05:26 am »

But, I think you think I was recruited into the Pirates, but that uses information given by EuchreJack.  If I am teammates with EuchreJack, then it would be better to assume I started as such, since otherwise you're assuming that only the part about being able to recruit is correct, as opposed to the part about being able to recruit at the end of the Day.

Hey, my confused thinking is this.

EuchreJack clearly didn't have help.  Or he charged so far ahead of his help that wow.

EuchreJack, I feel huge sympathy for you.  I actually made an equivalent mistake, I just learned about it before my second post (But what other mistakes have I made, that I didn't think to ask about, and nobody's told me yet?  Dunno, so time to sing the smurf song or something, all clueless).

I thought I saw a behavior change in you, Webadict.

I though you went from one stance to another.  I don't currently know what I think.

Also, your drive on Egan_BW looks weird to me, very pro pirate.  Now, Egan_BW also looks really weird to me, but not scum, or very good weird scum, based on what Egan did and didn't react to based on my very limited in the know stuff and stuff I think I can guess based on my role PM.  I really do think, though I'm the only one I saw say it so far, that Egan_BW is likely to be Pirate-hunter.  But I wondered if you were thinking it, and acting on it.  And Egan_BW seems lynchable for me for limited clear pro-town play, but I don't really want a pirate-hunter lynched and I wanted to at least scream my fears so people can do whatever they do about them, whenever.

So, yes.  I am scared, and only scared, not certain, that you were recruited.  It doesn't seem possible to me that you started on the same team.  And the behavior change I marked is why I'm so worried about it.

@Imp:Why are you voting Crystalizedmire? Should more people be voting Crystalizedmire?

I know stuff I was told scum also know, that I didn't know was 'public info' (just to scum teams existing at start of play) so I didn't hide it, like EuchreJack didn't hide his convert stuff.

CrystalizedMire had a very strange reaction to Maximum Spin voting me during early RVS stage.  I think that vote and how Hector said it combined with my reveal and, given this is that player in a 18 player game with so much to watch for, I think it made a light go on in CrystalizedMire's head that would only go on in a scum's head.  And, the recovery and reversal seems possible of someone saying 'stop that'.

Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.
I can't believe I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia. Oh well, I guess claiming protector and miller is still a little suspicious

Is CrystalizedMire actually scum?  I don't know.  But I do suspect because of that behavior and its timing.

Elephant Parade:
I am town and inspect as town.  But with my death, some dreams will end.  I may seem a tempting fruit for those not town, but you should beware, for in my dreams, my killer's ship is beset by storms - I have some goods and more each day, but taken from my corpse, they become accursed and help your enemies more than you.

Each day I live, new wonders may grow, and maybe help for those with various problems bestowed.  I mean to help only town - I probably can't manage that, but I mean to try.  While I live, I probably can't avoid helping anyone, possibly everyone else alive at various times.  I could turn this role selfish, but I'm not interested.  I'd rather play it to help.  I also don't actually have direct control of what wonders come, I just get to try and call them.

My death can't directly hurt town, other than from a townie dead.  If I die to town, or just die, that's fine, my dreams only end.  No harm to town, or benefit to town's enemies, if I am lynched, town-action killed, or just generally die.  If I am killed by certain or most others - oh, some of you were told reason to kill me.  But what you were not told, and what I mean to reveal:

When I die, it's likely everyone will wish I had died later, unless I'm the last kill needed for that side that needs me dead.
If I die by action of Pirate, Mafia, or SK - you benefit your enemies more than you benefit yourself.  I predict you and your team (if you have a team) will wish someone else had killed me, and killed me later in the game at that.

Well, lookie at these two jumping in jumpies, Elephant Parade and Maximum Spin.  I wonder how their words their help their wincons.
Are you implying that pointing out the same obvious error is a sign of collusion?
No.  My error or not, I was trying to get an answer out of Lenglon.  My response was purely based on, I see you two interposing between my question of Lenglon, and I wanted his answer whether you gave yours or not.  Also yours seemed to me at the time like just an attack.  I now understand a little more about masons in general.

Could I get the short and sweet version of your post, but for every post?

let me explain no there is too much let me sum up - I wish I knew how to be short and sweet.

Analogy, not factual but summation-close and leaving key essentials out:

I seem like I'm a treasure map, with a legend on the side that was given to existing start of play scum teams.  I didn't know that.  I revealed my legend Post 1 - to scum eyes like Jack revealed Pirate to my/Toony/Egan eyes.  Posts 2+ have been dealing with that and trying otherwise to play for my wincon around that omg oops.

I'm actually more like a sentient gift box, and if handled exactly wrong, poison to the handler.  Otherwise useful, if interacting by choice.

Or I can also be safely disposed of, by town means.  But I am town, inspect as town, and don't have a 'change alignment' in my role.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 17, 2023, 01:12:04 am »

Also, I'm probably extra useful as a miller, if we could actually have millers.

I am sure I qualify to be a miller.  What Jack's offering, if it's real, could be partially made to interact with me.  Which makes me wonder if there's an ideal other two for the team.  They would be people relating to items.  Based on TricMagic's roleflip, that was not one of the 'ideal other members', hah.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 17, 2023, 01:12:27 am »

Oh sweet, more talking to do

Are you willing to take this as an answer?
That Imp's posts and "Posting Restriction" is very annoying to read and decipher? (Admittedly not the best I am already tired of how Imp writes)
That Egan barely does anything other than comment on the recent happenings and more focused on trying to make a RTD inside Mafia?
That Euchre seems very quick to insult (Would add something but already forgotten)
Apologies that I can't seem to come up with more concrete evidence, most of this is flying over my head

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 17, 2023, 01:19:45 am »

That Imp's posts and "Posting Restriction" is very annoying to read and decipher? (Admittedly not the best I am already tired of how Imp writes)
That Egan barely does anything other than comment on the recent happenings and more focused on trying to make a RTD inside Mafia?
That Euchre seems very quick to insult (Would add something but already forgotten)
Apologies that I can't seem to come up with more concrete evidence, most of this is flying over my head
Since you're mostly responding to players that are "annoying" rather than "scummy", could you come up with a couple more suspects?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 17, 2023, 01:22:46 am »

Riiiiiiiiight. So you expect me to buy that you post only after you get voted by coincidence, at which point you post three times in rapid succession. Your only comment about the game is to say that the most popular scumpicks of others are your scumpicks, because of reasons that are nonsensical nulltells, one of them even being able to be summed up as an active-lurking accusation!

No, it's obvious that you are acting entirely to protect yourself, not trying to find scum. You are completely disengaged with the game, attempting to coast by on the sidelines unnoticed and unobserved. You have no real reads, you have no real suspects, you have zero interest in finding scum and aren't even making an attempt at doing so. You are not town.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 17, 2023, 01:24:42 am »

EBWOP: wrong name corrected and bold

CrystalizedMire had a very strange reaction to Maximum Spin voting me during early RVS stage.  I think that vote and how Max said it combined with my reveal and, given this is that player in a 18 player game with so much to watch for, I think it made a light go on in CrystalizedMire's head that would only go on in a scum's head.  And, the recovery and reversal seems possible of someone saying 'stop that'.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 17, 2023, 01:46:05 am »

So here's my current working theory. I think the timing of your arrival is not at all a coincidence, but that you are telling the truth about having trouble following what's going on.

The reason you're having trouble following what's going on is the perfectly reasonable problem of there is a lot of it and you haven't been keeping up with it until now.

However, the level of disengagement shown just now is so extreme that you shouldn't have noticed that you were even being voted... on your own.

In my opinion, your teammates yelled at you in your private chat, warning you what was going on, maybe even suggesting who you needed to be voting.

However, not even they were aware of how thoroughly disengaged you were, and they didn't give you the full cases for WHY those needed to be your scumpicks, trusting you more than they should have.

I also think that the only reason you'd be this fully disengaged with the game is if my theory that the town was turning on itself is correct, and that all the current wagons other than yourself are not on your scumteam.

My current guess is that we've been hunting pirates, and that Canadian is mafia.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 17, 2023, 01:46:52 am »

Riiiiiiiiight. So you expect me to buy that you post only after you get voted by coincidence, at which point you post three times in rapid succession. Your only comment about the game is to say that the most popular scumpicks of others are your scumpicks, because of reasons that are nonsensical nulltells, one of them even being able to be summed up as an active-lurking accusation!

No, it's obvious that you are acting entirely to protect yourself, not trying to find scum. You are completely disengaged with the game, attempting to coast by on the sidelines unnoticed and unobserved. You have no real reads, you have no real suspects, you have zero interest in finding scum and aren't even making an attempt at doing so. You are not town.
You are correct in that I disengaged with this game, I have found out that 18 players is not manageable in my brain and my already dying interest in mafia. Correct about that I have no reads or suspects, and not scumhunting good enough. Scumhunting has never been a strong suit for me, especially with this game where everything moves so quick and large walls of text, and that I am seemingly currently acting Anti-town due to lurking and being terrible at mafia. However I am still town,
Well I'm clearly responding to the accusations and further questions asked by you and Jack. Do you wish for me to keep lurking and never respond or at least engage in conversation to clear my name?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 17, 2023, 01:55:41 am »

So here's my current working theory. I think the timing of your arrival is not at all a coincidence, but that you are telling the truth about having trouble following what's going on.

The reason you're having trouble following what's going on is the perfectly reasonable problem of there is a lot of it and you haven't been keeping up with it until now.

However, the level of disengagement shown just now is so extreme that you shouldn't have noticed that you were even being voted... on your own.

In my opinion, your teammates yelled at you in your private chat, warning you what was going on, maybe even suggesting who you needed to be voting.

However, not even they were aware of how thoroughly disengaged you were, and they didn't give you the full cases for WHY those needed to be your scumpicks, trusting you more than they should have.

I also think that the only reason you'd be this fully disengaged with the game is if my theory that the town was turning on itself is correct, and that all the current wagons other than yourself are not on your scumteam.

My current guess is that we've been hunting pirates, and that Canadian is mafia.
Quite wrong, I would say I only checked in because I knew that the topic have progressed and wish to make another attempt into at least trying the game. I do actually read all the posts, understanding and connecting to the arguments is how I am having problems making heads or tails of it. What would the other members of mafia be then if I was actually Mafia that you claim I am?
By claiming that all current wagons are not on my "scumteam" I feel like is trying distract people from one of the bandwagoned people and move them onto me.
I may be disengaged, but not that level of disengaged, if I truly wanted stopped caring about this game completely, I would have asked FOU about some options for ways out.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 207