Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79960 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #615 on: December 17, 2023, 12:03:58 am »

Eurgh I’m in a “Lurking is NAI” phase of my opinion on Lynch All Lurkers, so I’m… well, I was going to say not cool, mostly that I’d prefer lynching someone actually here and doing “bad” things than someone who is “bad” for not being here.

Is there any particular reason that out of the, say *checks player list in OP* let’s be semi-strict and say seven players that are lurking, why Esteemed TheCanadiankitten is the one on the chopping block over the other six?
Literally two posts for the entire game says it all doesn't it?
Not really. The flip side of the coin is the person who posts the most is Town.

Take me as an example. Historically I’m usually among the highest posters as either alignment. Lynch all Lurkers would never work with me in the game as scum.

The best way to avoid Lynch All Lurkers, thus, is to not be the person with the least posts. Yes, I will accept that lurking is anti-town, but anti-town doesn’t necessarily equal scum. Lynch All Lurkers is a horribly flawed way of lynching if your goal is to lynch scum.

Consequently, activity is NAI, so I’m not currently interested in lynching someone if the case is “because they aren’t active”.

I’m with Esteemed ToonyMan: Esteemed EuchreJack has made himself look like scum, and if he flips town it’s going to provide information about a bunch of players, and that fact alone makes him an infinitely better lynch than a lurker.

EBWOP I was in a hurry toward the end of the post so that didn’t come out right.

Esteemed EuchreJack is a good lynch because his flip will be informative about other players whether he flips scum or town, in addition to me thinking he’s scum.

Speaking of:

Esteemed EuchreJack: Why are those five players most likely to be Pirates (scum in general?) than anybody else?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 17, 2023, 12:04:55 am »

[...]

The best way to avoid Lynch All Lurkers, thus, is to not be the person with the least posts. Yes, I will accept that lurking is anti-town, but anti-town doesn’t necessarily equal scum. Lynch All Lurkers is a horribly flawed way of lynching if your goal is to lynch scum.

I’m with Esteemed ToonyMan: Esteemed EuchreJack has made himself look like scum, and if he flips town it’s going to provide information about a bunch of players, and that fact alone makes him an infinitely better lynch than a lurker.
What do we learn if EuchreJack flips Town?  I'd argue we learned nothing.  We learn that same lesson every time EuchreJack acts like this and we vote him out.  We vote for EuchreJack because we can't dig a little deeper.  We vote for EuchreJack because he does things without putting as much thought into it as he should.  We vote EuchreJack and accept the results, in spite of how insane that sounds.  Because it will happen again.

Personally, I would be okay with flipping EuchreJack if, assuming he turned Town, you, Imp, and ToonyMan were directly tied to his fate.  Not because it would be good for Town, but because it would be good for you.  But, that won't happen.  You would accept that EuchreJack shouldn't have done the things that he did.  And I can prove it because you posted this when TricMagic died:
He literally asked for it. Could’ve done with one a bit more informative, but it looks like it was a problem in need of an answer anyway.
Every problem can be solved with death, but the game can't be won by killing everyone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 17, 2023, 12:06:10 am »

Also, what's your angle for why I'd role claim my second post of 'game of the century', if it wasn't, as I claimed, to cover something... really as bad as what EuchreJack did to EuchreJack-self, that I had done to I-self?
I literally do not understand the second line of your post.
[/quote]

I am so glad you told me that.  I'll try again, working to make sense!

I'm trying to ask, do you have an alternate idea to explain why I did what I did?

It's in the past, so it's 'fact'.  I said why I did it (I made a mistake kinda similar to EuchreJack's mistakes).  You seem to think it's probably lies and I should die as scum for it.

Okay, so that's a bad plan for a scum to have, especially if a lot of players think like you.  But if I didn't do it for why I said, especially in a game as special and rare in this one - why do you think I did it?

PARTICULARLY YOU CRYSTALLIZEDMIRE

Oh, sweet.  I do think I outed myself to CrystalizedMire, who revealed that, tried to cover, and now claims can't remember.  I could be really, really wrong.  But that's why I'm currently voting CrystalizedMire, my little confused townie self who doesn't know but has some information I can't imagine having except I do in this weird game, thinks looks so scummy.

I know I gotta roleflip first, before that means much.  And I still could be wrong.  But I'm so glad to add a bit more evidence to the pile.  Course, if I'm scum and lying... again, my claim explains why I suspect CrystalizedMire from the behavior shown.

I wonder if your alternate explanation also covers that, just in case it does.

Oh, yeah, EuchreJack had asked for a votecount, and looks like one's not coming really soon so.... my best read of it is this now:

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --4-- ToonyMan*, hector13*, Egan_BW*, notquitethere*,
Imp                 --3-- Elephant Parade*, Maximum Spin*, Crystalizedmire*,
The Canadian kitten --3-- Lenglon*, EuchreJack, webadict*,
Egan_BW             --2-- Jim Groovester*,
Crystalizedmire     --1-- Imp*,
Jim Groovester      --1-- BlackHeartKabal*,
Maximum Spin        --1-- sofanthiel*,
Knightwing64        --0--
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Lenglon             --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
TricMagic           --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 17, 2023, 12:07:42 am »

Just a heads up, you can ask for a vote count and I'll post one.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 17, 2023, 12:08:05 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack       --5-- ToonyMan*, hector13*, Egan_BW*, notquitethere*, webadict*,
Imp                 --3-- Elephant Parade*, Maximum Spin*, Crystalizedmire*,
The Canadian kitten --2-- Lenglon*, EuchreJack*,
Crystalizedmire     --1-- Imp*,
Egan_BW             --1-- Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester      --1-- BlackHeartKabal*,
Maximum Spin        --1-- sofanthiel*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Elephant Parade     --0--
hector13            --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --3-- Knightwing64, Secretdorf*, The Canadian kitten,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~44 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 17, 2023, 12:08:53 am »

... Hm, Mamobo, why would you make me be voting EuchreJack?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 17, 2023, 12:09:58 am »

Turns out that trying to be in an 18-player is a pretty bad idea for me. I can barely keep up with whatever's happening other than some people want to lynch me because I can be considered lurking.

After the post I quoted Knightwing started posting, though not as effectively as I'd like, they're back in the game. Canadian however doesn't exist. For those that have been here a long time, you might remember that when I first started playing Mafia was back when people spammed Extends and lurking was the primary way to win. I still support using the Day 1 lynch (specifically Day 1, not anything after that) for a policy Lynch All Lurkers lynch as a result of those experiences.
I am going to add that with a link to Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy, in which Canadian Kitten almost was successful in lurking to victory as scum, even though their partner died Day 1 to the lynch.
On Meph's discord is the scumchat, where you can clearly see that Canadian Kitten was actually active and attentive. It was truly lurking to survive.

@Canadian Kitten: Care to elaborate?
I did try to not lurk, turns out spending time with family and school starting during the middle of the game tends to cut into time i have for mafia. I don't think just using one game (and one where it's literally my first game of mafia) is good evidence that this is how I would usually act as scum.

Dear god just having to read a bunch more replies after writing up a post.
17 players are a lot of people, and just having like 9 arguing about something that I lacked understanding and just skimming because walls of text is just intimidating enough that I can't think of a way to barge in and converse.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 17, 2023, 12:10:23 am »

I am so glad you told me that.  I'll try again, working to make sense!

I'm trying to ask, do you have an alternate idea to explain why I did what I did?

It's in the past, so it's 'fact'.  I said why I did it (I made a mistake kinda similar to EuchreJack's mistakes).  You seem to think it's probably lies and I should die as scum for it.

Okay, so that's a bad plan for a scum to have, especially if a lot of players think like you.  But if I didn't do it for why I said, especially in a game as special and rare in this one - why do you think I did it?
I'm going to be honest, that post was long and confusing and I don't really want to reread it. But I guess I probably should.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 17, 2023, 12:10:34 am »

... Hm, Mamobo, why would you make me be voting EuchreJack?
Damn, I even pissed off Mamobo.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 17, 2023, 12:13:27 am »

Turns out that trying to be in an 18-player is a pretty bad idea for me. I can barely keep up with whatever's happening other than some people want to lynch me because I can be considered lurking.

After the post I quoted Knightwing started posting, though not as effectively as I'd like, they're back in the game. Canadian however doesn't exist. For those that have been here a long time, you might remember that when I first started playing Mafia was back when people spammed Extends and lurking was the primary way to win. I still support using the Day 1 lynch (specifically Day 1, not anything after that) for a policy Lynch All Lurkers lynch as a result of those experiences.
I am going to add that with a link to Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy, in which Canadian Kitten almost was successful in lurking to victory as scum, even though their partner died Day 1 to the lynch.
On Meph's discord is the scumchat, where you can clearly see that Canadian Kitten was actually active and attentive. It was truly lurking to survive.

@Canadian Kitten: Care to elaborate?
I did try to not lurk, turns out spending time with family and school starting during the middle of the game tends to cut into time i have for mafia. I don't think just using one game (and one where it's literally my first game of mafia) is good evidence that this is how I would usually act as scum.

17 players are a lot of people, and just having like 9 arguing about something that I lacked understanding and just skimming because walls of text is just intimidating enough that I can't think of a way to barge in and converse.
In Armed Forces Mafia: Stormtrooper Academy, you made posts like this.
But you do have a hard struggle, with walls of text and tons of people, so perhaps you could skim a bit and post a list of people you think could be Mafia?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 17, 2023, 12:14:13 am »

I will call it...the 48 hours read list.

Gosh, you two.  I hope you play a lot more games, I just like reading your writing styles and it's 'nice' to interact with how you're acting this game.

Just a heads up, you can ask for a vote count and I'll post one.

Hey thanks!  Yours is also more accurate than mine, my silly 2 I missed fixing. On wow!  I can compete with Mamobo and see which of us makes fewer, maybe even less scary, mistakes?

I like your style too, even though I'm confused and scared to heck we're not on the same team.  Other than that, I like your style too even though I drove you to cut communication for a time.  Sorry, whoops.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 17, 2023, 12:17:47 am »

Esteemed EuchreJack: Why are those five players most likely to be Pirates (scum in general?) than anybody else?
sofanthiel has not interacted much
BlackHeartKabal has not interacted much
The Canadian Kitten until just now has not interacted much
Crystalizedmire has not interacted much
NQT has not interacted much. And also has PIRATE in his forum profile. And a Pirate Hat and eyepatch.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 17, 2023, 12:19:37 am »

[...]

You do realize that it's really suspicious that you showed up once you were being voted, right?  Is there anything you can give us that could make up for that?

Hey thanks!  Yours is also more accurate than mine, my silly 2 I missed fixing. On wow!  I can compete with Mamobo and see which of us makes fewer, maybe even less scary, mistakes?

I like your style too, even though I'm confused and scared to heck we're not on the same team.  Other than that, I like your style too even though I drove you to cut communication for a time.  Sorry, whoops.
Eh, looks like "The" was found to match with "Euchre" as its closest match.  It's an oddity with how I've written it, since it tries to assume multiple votes always...  I should proooobably fix that.

But, I think you think I was recruited into the Pirates, but that uses information given by EuchreJack.  If I am teammates with EuchreJack, then it would be better to assume I started as such, since otherwise you're assuming that only the part about being able to recruit is correct, as opposed to the part about being able to recruit at the end of the Day.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 17, 2023, 12:20:41 am »

I'm going to be honest, that post was long and confusing and I don't really want to reread it. But I guess I probably should.

If you want me to try and offer a shorter, key facts for EP version, I gladly will.  That one you don't maybe wanna read, was written for everyone, and I had a lot of perspectives plus what may or may not be a post restriction related to what I was trying to achieve in other ways at the time I wrote that.  Umm, if I live long enough, at key times I may or may not be behaving as if I may have a post restriction again.

But if I live past that, I can always answer at other times, if I get other times.

Also, anything else you want to ask about I can try to make sense with?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 17, 2023, 12:23:14 am »

@Imp:Why are you voting Crystalizedmire? Should more people be voting Crystalizedmire?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 207