Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80423 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #540 on: December 16, 2023, 09:14:20 pm »

Probably no Max, although if I DO die, so does the "inspect as pirate" affliction on the other players.
Inspects are kinda stupid, and of dubious utility in a Fallacy game, in all honesty.
In my case it doesn't matter because nobody's gonna inspect me.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 16, 2023, 09:14:40 pm »

I would be okay voting this guy.

Thanks Web, I can always rely on you whenever I’m in doubt.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 16, 2023, 09:16:29 pm »

EuchreJack, you should target me instead for reasons that will become clear if you target me. There would normally be a downside to doing that, but in this case it shouldn't matter.
It's an open question whether best strategy is for the Piratechat members to be known or hidden. They can confirm one another as members after they are inspected as Pirate. But I am considering your application.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 16, 2023, 09:18:29 pm »

Inspects are kinda stupid, and of dubious utility in a Fallacy game, in all honesty.
Mine are explicitly not, if that explains why I cannot be mean.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 16, 2023, 09:19:06 pm »

You should use your super inspect on me, by the way. I promise it'll be worth.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 16, 2023, 09:19:56 pm »

I believe that EuchreJack is likely Town, and that his Ability functions as described.  Unfortunately, I am unable to be affected by how he claims his Ability works without being mean, which would remove things from my role that I want active.  I am explicitly told that I cannot join private chats, so I 100% believe that he's telling the truth.

Is your posting restriction that you’re not allowed to be mean?

Is that also why you won’t comment on Esteemed TricMagic’s premature flip?

Anyway, your abilities don’t have an influence on Esteemed EuchreJack’s alignment, nor his ability to (mis)read PMs, nor how much of his claim is true.

I mean you’re saying this while three other players are also saying Pirates are explicitly Red, and Esteemed EuchreJack opened the game asking who wanted to be Pirates.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 16, 2023, 09:22:53 pm »

HEY

Web saying he would be down to vote me hurt me right in the soullll

Does that mean he loses his powers? :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 16, 2023, 09:33:05 pm »

I mean you’re saying this while three other players are also saying Pirates are explicitly Red, and Esteemed EuchreJack opened the game asking who wanted to be Pirates.
For what it's worth, I got clarification from Fallacy that my PM was supposed to put Pirates in Red, but did not due to Mod error.
I can only work with what I have.

I suspect you to be scum for pushing this.  You tend to push for lynching as scum.
When was the last time you rolled town?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 16, 2023, 09:34:14 pm »

My inspect is actually a Basic Inspect (That is literally its name.)  It is only modified by my other Ability to be super, so I'm not sure it would be as effective as you'd like it to be, unless you copy other Abilities.

HEY

Web saying he would be down to vote me hurt me right in the soullll

Does that mean he loses his powers? :P
You can be hurt by things that aren't mean.  That aside, why would you want an inspect that can't be wrong to be wrong?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 16, 2023, 09:35:51 pm »

My inspect is actually a Basic Inspect (That is literally its name.)  It is only modified by my other Ability to be super, so I'm not sure it would be as effective as you'd like it to be, unless you copy other Abilities.
Luckily, I'm not an ability copier.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 16, 2023, 09:37:38 pm »

EuchreJack, you should target me instead for reasons that will become clear if you target me. There would normally be a downside to doing that, but in this case it shouldn't matter.
It's an open question whether best strategy is for the Piratechat members to be known or hidden. They can confirm one another as members after they are inspected as Pirate. But I am considering your application.

You should invite me because if it's only an invitation to a private pirate chat I'll publicly brag about being in the cool kid's club, whereas if it's a conversion or anything else I won't say anything.

Wouldn't that be valuable for you? To have someone publicly confirm it does what you say it does?

If you don't invite me I'll assume you're cowardly scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 16, 2023, 09:38:53 pm »

I wanna be in if Jim's going.

Luckily, I'm not an ability copier.
I —

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #552 on: December 16, 2023, 09:40:37 pm »

Frankly, I think the town is ripping itself apart day one again, that all the top lynch candidates are town, and that the best use of the lynch would be to remove players behaving in a problematic way such as the lurking Canadian and Knightwing.
I tend to agree. I would also mention that both Canadian and Knightwing lurk as scum.
However, that sounds like a fairly typical Day 1. Nobody knows anything except what has been posted, and we don't know the accuracy of that.

The question to ask is "Is this chaos mafia-generated, or are they just benefitting?" Are the votes for legit town* reasons?
Lazy voting can be town. Biased voting can be town. Voting for the sake of voting can be town. But is the vote and the reasoning consistent with prior behavior?

You should invite me because if it's only an invitation to a private pirate chat I'll publicly brag about being in the cool kid's club, whereas if it's a conversion or anything else I won't say anything.

Wouldn't that be valuable for you? To have someone publicly confirm it does what you say it does?

If you don't invite me I'll assume you're cowardly scum.
Jim's getting an invite.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 16, 2023, 09:51:32 pm »

I always lurk, intentionally or not. You assigning it as a alignment cue is very offensive  :'(

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 16, 2023, 09:54:29 pm »

I always lurk, intentionally or not. You assigning it as a alignment cue is very offensive  :'(
I clearly have no posting restrictions.
Although I should probably avoid insulting people, or Web won't help me.

Who do you think is scum, Knightwing?
Who would you like to vote? Are you going to vote?
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 207