Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80414 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #525 on: December 16, 2023, 08:48:02 pm »

Vote Imp and prepare for death.
My apologies for creating the confusion that is going to lead to my townie death, and detracted from actually finding scum.

At least we have proven that Millers should NEVER claim.
It keeps town from actually scum hunting.

Alright, I am going to look over the thread to see whom I would like to invite to Piratechat.
The "inspect as pirate" is not optional, but you can always just ignore the Piratechat if you want.

Probably going to invite Max and Web.

Mechanically, I give Fallacy a list of three players, and they get the invite along with inspection as Pirate. No alignment change occurs. Just like me, they only inspect as pirate.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 16, 2023, 08:50:27 pm »

I frankly think that Imp is so sure of all the things that he's wrong about that he doesn't realize how wrong he is.

Webadict
Grins  Thanks, I needed that.
Please quote where I said I could remove an alignment, thank you.  I'll give you a hint, it was in my first post where I didn't claim that :)

Back to your actual claim though.  What do you claim now about it?  Still feel the same as you did?  Still claim to have it?
I haven't lied about a single thing I've claimed all game.  There wasn't a good reason to lie this game.

If you invite me, I will have to break my post restriction, which is...  Not what I want to do.  For a lot of reasons.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 16, 2023, 08:53:52 pm »

EuchreJack, is this a day ability or a night ability?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 16, 2023, 08:59:06 pm »

uh, Imp, do you mean the masons question thing? I can repeat what you were just told if you'd like. Masons aren't an alignment, so your question doesn't even make sense.

If you mean the other one, the "do I think Pirates need to die" one, I think the Pirate alignment needs to die. I think people that inspect as Pirate may or may not have to die depending on what their alignment is. I think the people that Jack recruits won't have their alignment changed en-masse because that would be absurd, and so their 'need to die' status will be unchanged from before they joined his crew.

Jack: Please do not invite Max or Toony, you inviting someone that is already a miller will make determining if they are miller or scum difficult.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 16, 2023, 08:59:34 pm »

I came back to this

Why has this happened

it’s alright Jimmy boy, we all make mistakes.  :)

Anyways, why is everyone so mad? I mean, sure, Jim killed Tric who turned out to be town, which sucks but why is everyone freaking out because of it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2023, 09:02:00 pm »

???

Who’s freaking out about it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 16, 2023, 09:02:56 pm »

Also dang it Lenglon I’m not lurking my power went out. It’s been storming pretty bad here

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 16, 2023, 09:03:55 pm »

???

Who’s freaking out about it?

Everyone seemed really angry about it and Jim was all like “I’m sorry” and Web said “they didn’t even want to play anymore”

So what’s up?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 16, 2023, 09:05:24 pm »

I came back to this

Why has this happened

it’s alright Jimmy boy, we all make mistakes.  :)

Anyways, why is everyone so mad? I mean, sure, Jim killed Tric who turned out to be town, which sucks but why is everyone freaking out because of it?
I would be okay voting this guy.
I would be okay voting Egan_BW.
I would be okay voting Crystalizedmire.
I would be okay voting notquitethere.
I would be okay voting sofanthiel.
I would be okay voting The Canadian kitten.
I would be okay voting Imp.

These are the only people I would be okay voting Today, without having extra evidence.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 16, 2023, 09:06:20 pm »

Alright, I am going to look over the thread to see whom I would like to invite to Piratechat.
The "inspect as pirate" is not optional, but you can always just ignore the Piratechat if you want.

Mechanically, I give Fallacy a list of three players, and they get the invite along with inspection as Pirate. No alignment change occurs. Just like me, they only inspect as pirate.

Fascinating.

Once upon a time Webadict asked for a vote about something.

Do we all think this claim of EuchreJack's is real?

Some of us are cheering on, protecting, defending EuchreJack, rather intensely.

Others swear he should be our D1 lynch.

I'm interested in hearing how real/true people think this claim is, that EuchreJack's chosen few actually stay town.

Weirdly, TricMagic's roleflip makes even considering this plausible.

Now, I still don't think anything great of EuchreJack's statement.

Especially this:
It keeps town from actually scum hunting.

Ridiculous.  People have been trying to scumhunt in this game in several ways, and denying, disregarding, insulting that is just wrong.  It makes you look bad.  Why would you ever want to look bad?

I note the two you name are among the three I have seen at least 'somewhat request'.  I still think you already have your team in your chat with you but that's from behavior, not mechanics.

I do wanna ask though, is it because they asked, are you limited to pick from those?

I frankly think that Imp is so sure of all the things that he's wrong about that he doesn't realize how wrong he is.

Uh-huh.  I only know what I know.  The curse of every Mafia player, surely.

Turns back towards EucherJack

So, I'm not asking, especially not at this time.  But I am curious what our gathered group says about your claim, town still. Just a chat.  Still looks like bait.  So I'm going to stand near the... is it a trap?  And check around.  Who believes EuchreJack?

We all know, if its a trap, those in it will say nothing's changed.  Sure is tempting though, if it's town.

So, everyone.  If you choose, please state if you believe that this thing that EuchreJack intends to do is just a town chat, just a inspect change, and all's well and good with it.  I may use this in deciding if I choose to state if I have interest in it, which I am still at this time refusing.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 16, 2023, 09:06:42 pm »

EuchreJack, is this a day ability or a night ability?
Triggers End of Day 1.
Will send a PM asking what happens if I am the Day 1 Lynch, although I would rather not use it if I am going to be lynched.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 16, 2023, 09:10:10 pm »

I believe that EuchreJack is likely Town, and that his Ability functions as described.  Unfortunately, I am unable to be affected by how he claims his Ability works without being mean, which would remove things from my role that I want active.  I am explicitly told that I cannot join private chats, so I 100% believe that he's telling the truth.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 16, 2023, 09:12:43 pm »

EuchreJack, you should target me instead for reasons that will become clear if you target me. There would normally be a downside to doing that, but in this case it shouldn't matter.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 16, 2023, 09:13:05 pm »

Given Tric's role, I could mechanically see EuchreJack being a Pirate who turns his Pirate-miller friends into Pirates if he dies, but I dunno if I believe that mechanic would get used twice. However, I don't think EuchreJack acts in the thread the way he undeniably did if (he knows) that's the case. A couple people seem to think his meltdown was "caught scum", but, based on the history of EuchreJack meltdowns, I don't buy it.

Triggers End of Day 1.
Will send a PM asking what happens if I am the Day 1 Lynch, although I would rather not use it if I am going to be lynched.
Guess I can't stop you from trying. If you are going to send one to me, and seeing how web has refused one, send one to Jim. At least that'll be fun if I end up stuck as mafia with him again.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 16, 2023, 09:13:35 pm »

I believe that EuchreJack is likely Town, and that his Ability functions as described.  Unfortunately, I am unable to be affected by how he claims his Ability works without being mean, which would remove things from my role that I want active.  I am explicitly told that I cannot join private chats, so I 100% believe that he's telling the truth.
Ok, no Webs allowed. Got it.

Probably no Max, although if I DO die, so does the "inspect as pirate" affliction on the other players.
Inspects are kinda stupid, and of dubious utility in a Fallacy game, in all honesty.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 207