Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78372 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #345 on: December 16, 2023, 01:51:44 am »

@Esteemed webadict

That’s acceptable. I currently don’t really have any reason to believe you’re scum, but the aforementioned disagreement means I also currently don’t think you’re right, but we’ll see what you have to say.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 16, 2023, 01:53:15 am »

Well I say that, I think I see what you’re doing, and quite frankly that is two thumbs up town, but that doesn’t make you right about Esteemed EuchreJack.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 16, 2023, 01:56:55 am »

Egan_BW
Haven't finished the thread, but I saw what web said and I do understand why.

And also I don't like RTDs.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 16, 2023, 02:10:01 am »

However, when Maximum Spin said this:

I think Imp is a badguy.

Well, it could be coincidence.  But I'd already made my first post that gave away, to anyone smart and scum, that I had that ability they were told to watch for.

And it doesn't have the word(s) villians in it.  But it does have the word(s) 'badguys' in it, though that's still not exactly and perfectly a quote.
Sorry, but I genuinely just pulled that out of my ass on a whim. If Fallacy really used that word, that's a weird coincidence, although if you mean he just said "bad guys" or something, that doesn't impress me much, because a badguy is clearly something specific. I also have zero desire to lynch you and was actually going to go along with your request for protection. I still will if you want.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 16, 2023, 02:48:51 am »

I finished reading. My grasp of the later parts of Day 1 is pretty flimsy.

You're missing out on all the banter I wanted to make but I ran out of energy.

Arrr, shiver me boots Jack. What say we both vote the Navy Officer Jim Groovester an' let the man shoot one of us to see our REAL colors? If he shoots me, then you'll see I'm town and yer definitely pirate scum. If he shoots you, then, well, we'll see how red you really are and can find more mafia instead today. Maybe we'll even get more self-admissions, like fish in a barrel!

But, ToonyMan, what if I did shoot you right here and now? You make a very reasonable case for shooting you even if Jack doesn't join in on voting me. Solving two slots with one shot is better utility than most vig kills.

Reads and general feelings:

BlackHeartKabal - Level 1 reads and analysis (i.e. bad and wrong) but I don't feel like it's being done maliciously. Probably town.
Crystalizedmire - Scum or possesses Knightwing64-esque levels of innocence regarding mafia.
Egan_BW - I groaned when I saw the RTD stuff. Jim's class: GRUMP. This is more activity than I'm used to seeing out of Egan_BW for a Day 1 (perhaps a mistaken impression, don't fight me on it), and some of it is even game related even if it's disguised by the RTD facade. Not ready to commit to a read.
Elephant Parade - Isn't immediately opposed to becoming a pirate. Not sure what to make of this.
Capting EuchreJack Sparrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuYf0taXoNw If I look at how all the pirate shit developed I find it difficult to believe that Jack isn't a pirate who can convert people to a pirate faction. Being able to do a N1 triple conversion is kind of insane though, but a N1 triple chat invitation doesn't seem out of the question.
hector13 - Gentleman. I'm tired and just going to leave it at that. Not ready to commit to a read.
Imp - Wordy. Third party of some sort. Third parties are usually bad news even if they say they're going to work to a town win condition. Probably not worth a Day 1 lynch, however.
Jim Groovester - Jimmy's got a gun
Knightwing64 - Perfectly fitting my expectations of how Knightwing64 would play. Probably town.
Lenglon - Being Lenglon. Can't read one way or the other yet.
Maximum Spin - Being Max. Proposing to protect people makes me want to arbitrarily decide he leans town, but I am bad at reading Max because that is how he intentionally plays.
notquitethere - Showed up early, can't make an opinion about him, nothing offensive yet.
Secretdorf - Showed up relatively late (whoops, actually showed up early), can't make an opinion, nothing offensive yet.
sofanthiel - Scummy but I can't remember why. Has nervous moments. Only really has an opinion about Max but the opinion has developed in a weird way.
The Canadian kitten - Scummy but I also can't remember why. Oh, yeah. 'I will inspect as town' Very curious phrasing.
ToonyMan - Might be just as burned out of mafia as I am since not as much content or as thorough as I've come to expect and appreciate from him. Can't make a read yet. Will he agree to me shooting him?
TricMagic - Non-teamed TricMagic. SK miller is kind of suspicious. Probably has literally the same role he had in the FBYOR with the dragons which he won as an SK. Trying to bait me into completing the meme.
webadict - Has made one very bold claim (well even then it's not particularly bold for a BYOR so it rings pretty truthful), but hasn't made a string of very bold claims that nobody could challenge him on. Has also tried to call a team already. I'm guessing town webadict but I have been known to have the exact incorrect opinion about webadict on several occasions.

I wish to proactively bring up that my role is themed around defensive abilities and I have one moderator confirmed ability demonstrating this. I wish for players who would mean to do me harm to contemplate what other defensively themed abilities that our moderator could dream up.

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.

I am worth protecting.

Let's go with Egan_BW because of webadict and Maximum Spin but I will admit I don't see what they see.

I'm tired and have been feeling worse as the night has gone on.

Forum mafia is incredibly demanding, even at the relatively (for 18 players) slow pace of this game so far. I've got Christmas shit to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2023, 03:04:34 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 16, 2023, 05:23:18 am »

Too many replies and questions aaaaaaaa
I lack the brainpower to process this many players

"Hi everyone"
The Canadian kitten: Under what circumstances should people no-lynch? under what circumstances should people policy-lynch?
No-lynch at any circumstance doesn't seem like a good idea. Not much clue what policy lynch is good for unless getting rid of players that seem very anti-town/toxic with no sign of them letting up. But then, those players would probably be taken care of by the mod anyways.

Why would you put up a SHOOT ME NOW sign like this?
Its called being a dumbass, I don't think I ever made an intelligent town move ever yet.

Esteemed The Canadian kitten

I will be inspected as town
Why did you put it like this?

I'll second this question.
I was in a rush while typing that on my phone, plus I saw everybody else claiming what they inspect as, which retrospectively was another dumbass and unnecessary move on my part.
Maybe I should change my personal text to "Amateur Dumbass" instead...

No strong opinions so far while reading and trying to make sense of thread.
I do feel quite annoyed at Egan just for the RTD part.
I also do not understand the whole EuchreJack and the pirate thing, other than pirates are another scumteam and EuchreJack is claiming to be a pirate king that can convert/invite to pirate chat.
Could be my mind operating slower than koala though

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 16, 2023, 05:59:18 am »

Spotted this as I was trying to see who was watching the watchers.  Could be coincidence, making sure it's noticed:
Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.

At the time, Max had said this:
I think Imp is a badguy.

At the time I considered it RVS.  Later, I wondered spoiler 1.  Exactly the same observations, considerations, and concern applies to Crystalizedmire for the same reasons - because Crystalizedmire seems to react to this in a strong, possibly informed fashion.

The two discuss a little:
I feel like there's a decent chance at least some players here would shoot themselves if the kill action is self-targeting.

Well, I can't decide between voting sofanthiel, Euchre Jack or Maximum Spin at the time but Maximum Spin trying to discredit Imp is pretty scummy.
Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

I need to pick someone to protect. Please vie for my affections in an orderly manner.
I can't believe I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia. Oh well, I guess claiming protector and miller is still a little suspicious
Crystalizedmire was quick both to jump on and off that 'discrediting Imp', and states having had genuine thought about Maximum Spin believing that imp is mafia.  I don't know and it could be coincidence, but there could be connection between 'badguy' and my first post and what appeared in scumchat(s) as well as in my role PM.  They did get told it appears in all existing scumchats (again not a direct quote), so I am so touchy about that possible connection.  Calling me a badguy and voting me is easy to see as coincidence.  I thought nothing of it until after I got answers (and then needed to ask even more questions) from FallacyofUrist, though I did wonder and ask about why Crystalizedmire was so intense about that belief.

I can't believe I genuinely thought that maximum spin was being genuine when he said that they believe that imp is mafia. Oh well, I guess claiming protector and miller is still a little suspicious
Max is known to make wild early D1 statements, including direct lies, as town or scum.  That said, it's very, very early in the game to believe anyone is scum, no?  Curious if you'll share your thoughts about this.  That said, it's no biggie, I'm just surprised.

Crystalizedmire, you've posted twice since I asked that, but haven't answered even to refuse.  Easy to miss in all the conversations, but I'm still curious, and getting curiouser, if you'd share your thoughts about this.  I understand you have your own reasons, and my concern could be coincidence.  Want your thoughts though.

Secretdorf:
Another Dorf hiding the fact that they're playing forum mafia by not posting. Congrats, I almost forgot you existed.
I will also say this: if at some point you need a votecount (and you are not EuchreJack), feel free to ask me, if I see the request before mamobo or fallacy do, I'll do it, you know, out of goodwill.

Being clear I am not asking for what you offer, or asking for anything.  But why did you even say what I quote?  It seems unconnected to what you quote, and the rest of the conversation around your post.  Also, why exclude the offer to EuchreJack?

Egan_BW:
Welcome to my exiting new Roll to Dodge game

Wanting to check here.  'exiting'.  Is that a typo, or do you mean 'exiting'?

sofanthiel:
Role fishing is considered a scum move because the mafia would know who to target. Also, I'm pretty sure we have this kind of talk before
If my role PM is anything to go by, this game seems exponentially more complex than that. :P
This seems impossibly direct if so, but my broadcast-to-scum ability made it clear that scum teams (including mafia) in this case may think they want to target someone they don't know who is.  So maybe coincidence, but putting on record.

What were you thinking about and referring to when you said this?

Elephant Parade:
I have reason to believe that alignments might be mutable.
Ditto.

Finally found this again, had wanted to ask about it several posts ago.  'Ditto' is such a small thing to remember seeing.  Elephant, what are you willing to say about why you have reason to believe that alignments might be mutable?

TricMagic: FYI -
It would take 9 people to actually hammer, if hammers were a thing. Your vote is a weapon and a tool. Assuming you aren't voting Jim anyway, and that somehow got a reaction out of him.
10 votes to hammer.

Knightwing64:
Also, I don’t know if this was stated in the OP, but there’s likely to be more then 2 scum, if that wasn’t obvious.
What are you willing to tell us about why you said that?

notquitethere:
He's ignored

Hey, hi.  Missing you, can you pop in and join us?  With loads of whatever you have to say, would be awesome.  You are notable for being the only one of us that hasn't claimed anything at all about yourself yet, except for your playful poem.  I've ignored you as much as I dare, would you share that Analysis, your reward yet?

The Canadian kitten:
No strong opinions so far while reading and trying to make sense of thread.

Hey, one thing I do to try and keep track - I go to the player, like this is you, and I check their posts:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=125371

Then I can just scroll down and see each post they made, can click on each to go and read the nearby stuff in the thread, what they probably were responding to or ignoring, if I want extra.

One thing I do when I have no idea what to do is check for what claims people made.  And check for anything that seems off, inconsistent, or just catches my eye.

Asking questions is a good thing to do.  Especially if you notice something, but you're not sure what to think or say about it, ask about it.  And if the explanation doesn't make sense, tell them 'It seems like you're saying this, is this what you're saying?  But I asked this other thing, and I need that explained'.  Or whatever.

Just in case you want to use that.

Of the stuff you have read and looked at, what are your current questions? What seems to matter the most to try to figure out?

BlackHeartKabal:
So far from you I see only RVS questions, a prolonged discussion on why you think Jim is town because of the specific mod-claim ability, and you starting to participate in Egan_BW's RtD game.

Where is your scumhunting?  What are you paying attention to in this game?  I note you last replied about 4 hours before your last online time.  Please please, join us when you can.  Say what you can.  Check my advice to The Canadian Kitten right above in this post if you feel unsure what to even do or start with.

---

And then, spun from a dream, this story too:  Royal Fortune was a French slave ship captured by the Pirate Bartholomew Roberts, better known as Black Bart, one of the most infamous and successful pirates of the Golden Age of Piracy.  That Royal Fortune was then used as Black Bart's main vessel as he attracted many pirates to join his crew, offering a code of conduct, democratic decision-making processes, and a share of the loot. Roberts' crew was known for its organization and discipline, especially high among those acting as Pirates.  He's even associated with the creation and implementation of a Pirate code of conduct, which he called the "Articles of Agreement" or the "Custom of the Coast."

Surely, the information in those Articles of Agreement would help us watch the watchers.  Or at very least, limit and restrict the harm that Pirates may cause Town.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 16, 2023, 06:23:15 am »

EBWOP:

Meant to include this in the above.

Sorry, but I genuinely just pulled that out of my ass on a whim. If Fallacy really used that word, that's a weird coincidence, although if you mean he just said "bad guys" or something, that doesn't impress me much, because a badguy is clearly something specific.
Makes sense.  I just wanted it on record and available to be considered.  It also didn't impress me much at the time, and it took even longer for me to notice Crystalizedmire's possibly stronger, but probably still coincidental reaction, to your 'trying to discredit Imp'.  I have no information about you, except what you've claimed and, well, you're Maximum Spin.

I also have zero desire to lynch you and was actually going to go along with your request for protection. I still will if you want.
I am not currently making any direct, specific requests or giving consent to anything.  However, as I said before - and this isn't likely to change as far as I know:

'I'm also requesting to be considered for whatever survival protection others see fit to give' and ' If someone has protection against alignment being mutated, I'm interested in that protection too.'

You and anyone else who can should decide who you protect based on whatever evidence and your own choices.  I may not be an ideal choice for a number of reasons that I don't even know about.  I'm not refusing, and it might be a useful choice, but every day I'm alive probably helps most players, and scum teams know exactly what I can't quote that makes it really sound like if they kill me, game's over.  The rest of my role makes me think that's very much a trick and trap - but not one that necessarily helps town either.  There's more than one enemy, and I don't want the enemy side(s) that don't kill me to get stronger either - town still has to deal with whatever, and it's vague if 'enemy of my killer' actually includes town, at least while other enemies exist.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: December 16, 2023, 08:57:19 am »

Spotted this as I was trying to see who was watching the watchers.  Could be coincidence, making sure it's noticed:

At the time, Max had said this:
I think Imp is a badguy.

At the time I considered it RVS.  Later, I wondered spoiler 1.  Exactly the same observations, considerations, and concern applies to Crystalizedmire for the same reasons - because Crystalizedmire seems to react to this in a strong, possibly informed fashion.

The two discuss a little:
I feel like there's a decent chance at least some players here would shoot themselves if the kill action is self-targeting.

Was sofanthiel trying to discredit me by voting me earlier? Was Lenglon trying to discredit Jim?

Crystalizedmire was quick both to jump on and off that 'discrediting Imp', and states having had genuine thought about Maximum Spin believing that imp is mafia.  I don't know and it could be coincidence, but there could be connection between 'badguy' and my first post and what appeared in scumchat(s) as well as in my role PM.  They did get told it appears in all existing scumchats (again not a direct quote), so I am so touchy about that possible connection.  Calling me a badguy and voting me is easy to see as coincidence.  I thought nothing of it until after I got answers (and then needed to ask even more questions) from FallacyofUrist, though I did wonder and ask about why Crystalizedmire was so intense about that belief.

Max is known to make wild early D1 statements, including direct lies, as town or scum.  That said, it's very, very early in the game to believe anyone is scum, no?  Curious if you'll share your thoughts about this.  That said, it's no biggie, I'm just surprised.

Crystalizedmire, you've posted twice since I asked that, but haven't answered even to refuse.  Easy to miss in all the conversations, but I'm still curious, and getting curiouser, if you'd share your thoughts about this.  I understand you have your own reasons, and my concern could be coincidence.  Want your thoughts though.
1. How could I be sure that you are actually telling the truth about the ability? While I thought you were town up till that point, I'm starting to doubt it now because of the fact of how you know about the bad guys. I have no way of confirming either of you two are actually town currently. And also, I did not know about the bad guys thing, I promise I wasn't lying about genuinely thinking that Maximum Spin was being genuine
2. I was just being tired when I wrote that okay? Also, I didn't realize you were looking for a response, I thought you were just finding it curious
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: December 16, 2023, 09:19:01 am »

Hey, Crystal, how much work would you like to do?  I see you're being a bit defensive, and I think that it does make you look a bit more suspicious, so if you wanted, it would make you look good if you either went on the attack against someone (Perhaps Imp?  While this looks like OMGUS, I think if there's reason that you might be suspicious of them, it's fine to bend a bit of the Mafia faux pas) OR you could give a brief synopsis on how you feel about all the players so far!  I plan to do that rather shortly, but I was hoping that NQT would post since I hadn't heard much from him.

Oh, and, last question:  Do you think any of Egan_BW, Lenglon, or ToonyMan might be Mafia?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 16, 2023, 09:20:29 am »

4d 61 6d 6f 62 6f 2c 20 79 6f 75 20 68 61 76 65 20 74 6f 20 72 65 6d 65 6d 62 65 72 21

Lurker Track
------------------------
BlackHeartKabal - 144 147 151 153 160 171 252 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Crystalizedmire - 156 159 176 182 195 198 202 204 205 211 221 224 227 254 261 354 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Egan_BW - 218 231 251 259 278 279 302 331 Last post was 8 hours ago.
Elephant Parade - 183 188 190 191 216 219 244 248 253 255 323 Last post was 8 hours ago.
EuchreJack - 154 161 162 166 169 237 238 239 241 242 246 247 249 250 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 291 292 293 294 296 297 298 299 300 301 304 307 309 314 317 321 327 341 342 Last post was 7 hours ago.
hector13 - 145 229 230 233 234 277 295 340 345 346 Last post was 7 hours ago.
Imp - 185 208 240 262 329 352 353 Last post was 2 hours ago.
Jim Groovester - 180 270 275 315 349 350 Last post was 6 hours ago.
Knightwing64 - 149 157 164 222 268 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Lenglon - 141 142 146 155 158 201 212 220 245 258 265 267 290 324 335 337 338 Last post was 7 hours ago.
Maximum Spin - 192 194 196 200 215 232 243 263 273 344 347 348 Last post was 7 hours ago.
notquitethere - 150 Last post was 3 hours ago.
Secretdorf - 168 312 326 330 339 Last post was 7 hours ago.
sofanthiel - 181 210 223 225 334 Last post was 8 hours ago.
The Canadian kitten - 213 351 Last post was 3 hours ago.
ToonyMan - 165 167 172 186 271 276 308 313 Last post was 9 hours ago.
TricMagic - 173 177 178 184 187 193 199 203 207 214 228 235 256 257 260 266 269 272 274 Last post was less than an hour ago.
webadict - 140 143 148 152 163 170 174 175 179 189 197 206 217 226 236 305 306 310 311 316 318 319 320 322 325 328 332 336 343 355 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 16, 2023, 09:25:58 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW          --5-- webadict*, EuchreJack*, Secretdorf*, Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*,
Jim Groovester      --2-- BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*,
Maximum Spin        --2-- sofanthiel*, Crystalizedmire*,
Crystalizedmire     --1-- Imp*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- notquitethere*,
EuchreJack          --1-- Egan_BW*,
Lenglon             --1-- TricMagic*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
TricMagic           --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --5-- Elephant Parade*, hector13*, Knightwing64, Lenglon*, The Canadian kitten,

10 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~59 hours remaining).
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 16, 2023, 09:35:39 am »

Wake up t act, see Egan is on the chopping block. What happened?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: December 16, 2023, 09:46:30 am »

Wake up t act, see Egan is on the chopping block. What happened?
Brief synopsis:

EuchreJack spouted Pirate propaganda.
Egan_BW claims Pirate is a red alignment.
Two people vote EuchreJack.
EuchreJack attempts to sink his own ship out of temporarily induced insanity.
I slap him a little bit (in a very nice way) to get him to calm down.
I point out that everything makes complete sense from a Town perspective for EuchreJack
Egan_BW grabs a shovel for themself.
I call for a bandwagon on Egan_BW to consolidate Town power into an unstoppable force of evil-destruction in an effort to see who is paying attention, as well as to stop unnecessary chatter about things that I think are both less important and get us to focus sooner than we usually do.
Max proves himself attentive.
EuchreJack proves himself loyal.
Jim Groovester proves himself Town.
And Secretdorf makes a potential misstep that shows he's Third Party, but probably a benevolent one.

All you have to know is that the bandwagon is pure, and that should be all there is to know about this.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 207