Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79018 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2023, 01:00:36 am »

@Secretdorf: Other than me, whom else do you think looks scummy?
Webadict, Jim, Lenglon, Elephant Parade look townish to me. I cannot think of anyone who seems scum to me. I think I'll do a reread of the thread later.

Instead, I will UNO Reverse the accusation onto you to explain how Jack could be scum.  There is insufficient evidence to backup your claim.
Fallacy said pirates are the second scum team. Jack said he is pirate captain and was supposed to recruit 3 pirates. I'm not very brilliant, so I can only conclude that Jack  is the second mafia team. Am I missing something?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 16, 2023, 01:03:24 am »

I'll give you a reason to insult me then.

If your role says that you inspect as pirate, then you know that pirate is red. I think it's more likely that you knew that already and were just assuming that none of US knew.
Alright, you're an idiot.

If my role says that I inspect as pirate, BUT my role does NOT say that pirate is red, then how would I know that pirate is red?
Because the word pirate is in red in role PMs.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 16, 2023, 01:08:59 am »

Instead, I will UNO Reverse the accusation onto you to explain how Jack could be scum.  There is insufficient evidence to backup your claim.
Fallacy said pirates are the second scum team. Jack said he is pirate captain and was supposed to recruit 3 pirates. I'm not very brilliant, so I can only conclude that Jack  is the second mafia team. Am I missing something?
You did, but I'm willing to explain it later.  For now, I am willing to believe that you didn't realize exactly why what you said was suspicious, but would you be willing to vote Egan_BW on the condition that I will explain why Egan is likely to be scum later?  If you think I'm Town, would you be willing to let me borrow your vote?  I believe there is a solid lead worth exploring.

Because the word pirate is in red in role PMs.
:) You're digging yourself into a hole, Egan.  I actually am about 99% sure you're Mafia.  Your best way out of this is to convince other people that I'm not Town OR to find someone that is scum.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 16, 2023, 01:10:04 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Egan_BW          --2-- webadict*, EuchreJack*,
-> EuchreJack       --2-- Egan_BW*, Maximum Spin*,
-> Jim Groovester   --2-- BlackHeartKabal*, ToonyMan*,
-> Maximum Spin     --2-- sofanthiel*, Crystalizedmire*,
BlackHeartKabal     --1-- hector13*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- notquitethere*,
Lenglon             --1-- TricMagic*,
Crystalizedmire     --0--
hector13            --0--
Imp                 --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
sofanthiel          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
TricMagic           --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --7-- Elephant Parade*, Imp, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Lenglon*, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten,

10 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~67 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one has determined what happens.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 16, 2023, 01:13:38 am »

A bit-flip caused a thought to cross my mind as I spent the last 8 hours sitting motionless and processing all of the thus-far-available information.
Well, I'm not completely unkillable, but I'm not going to give away the situation in which I can be killed.
What if this is pure, concentrated bluffing?  An attempt to prevent us from lynching Spin by portraying it as a complete waste of our precious votes, perhaps?

I like the initiative in going after more experienced players, but do you have a question or something you could ask that might prompt a response? I'm pretty sure Esteemed Maximum Spin will ignore you otherwise.

I mean, he might (will probably) ignore you if you ask a question anyway but you at least have an excuse not to move your vote if he ignores you with a question than without.
That's the fun part!  As time begins inevitably running out, even the most mind-tampering-capable among the eighteen of us start getting desperate, and, just like in any good interrogation, asking questions becomes an optional formality.  In fact, Max might actually be more likely to speak if I don't make what I want to hear so obvious. ;D

"The Law has little bite out here, little one."
I step forward, take a heroic pose, and say, "Then I have no choice but to take on the duty of enforcing it!"
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 16, 2023, 01:17:20 am »

Imp: No

Web: I have a minor case on secretdorf, but it's not worth voting over yet. The key tells haven't happened enough to be a consistent pattern. Egan isn't setting off my alarms at the moment, but I think I know what you're referring too. Assuming my guess is correct but that you don't want me to say what the tells you're looking for are I'll not be specific about pretty much anything, but I would expect you to also be considering Imp. Why not Imp?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 16, 2023, 01:21:40 am »

I'm gonna make a really weird guess right now.  It is entirely likely that I am wrong here.  But, I'm making a guess nonetheless.

Looking back at a couple of posts, I feel like Lenglon, ToonyMan, and Egan_BW might all be on the same team.  I actually think there's probably a fourth person, but I can't really tell who...  Is it Crystalmired?  Maybe?

Thus, I will state that it is probably all four of them.  I have no real proof of this, but I'm putting it here just in case.

Imp: No

Web: I have a minor case on secretdorf, but it's not worth voting over yet. The key tells haven't happened enough to be a consistent pattern. Egan isn't setting off my alarms at the moment, but I think I know what you're referring too. Assuming my guess is correct but that you don't want me to say what the tells you're looking for are I'll not be specific about pretty much anything, but I would expect you to also be considering Imp. Why not Imp?
Not only is it not Imp, it is definitely not Imp.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties
« Reply #337 on: December 16, 2023, 01:24:45 am »

Egan: assuming that this is based on Makhios, I'd like to swap over to my character from there. Just seems appropriate and all. Is that acceptable or do I need to stick to my initial character application?

Class: Attuned Orphan

Spoiler: Meleria (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 16, 2023, 01:26:36 am »

Web: In that case I'm missing something, and my guess about what you're basing your cases on is probably wrong. When it's time to reveal I'll be quite interested in what you have to say.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 16, 2023, 01:30:50 am »

I can think of something but I'm not sure that's it. I'd like to hear what you have on Egan_bw.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 16, 2023, 01:31:18 am »

Pfffffffffffteuuuuuuuurgh.

This whole red pirate nonsense is ridiculous, but has been illuminating to some extent. I disagree with Esteemed webadict re: their read on Esteemed EuchreJack, but he plays the long game, so I’ll see where it goes before elaborating.

Unvote because I’ve read up, I just can’t be bothered right now. I’m told I’ll have time tomorrow to be at a computer, so… don’t fill this up because I want to spend some of that time not poring through hissy fits.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 16, 2023, 01:33:01 am »

A bit-flip caused a thought to cross my mind as I spent the last 8 hours sitting motionless and processing all of the thus-far-available information.
Well, I'm not completely unkillable, but I'm not going to give away the situation in which I can be killed.
What if this is pure, concentrated bluffing?  An attempt to prevent us from lynching Spin by portraying it as a complete waste of our precious votes, perhaps?
Max said he couldn't be killed. He might have been referring to the nightkill only.
@Maximum Spin: Can you still be lynched?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 16, 2023, 01:36:11 am »

This whole red pirate nonsense is ridiculous, but has been illuminating to some extent. I disagree with Esteemed webadict re: their read on Esteemed EuchreJack, but he plays the long game, so I’ll see where it goes before elaborating.

Unvote because I’ve read up, I just can’t be bothered right now. I’m told I’ll have time tomorrow to be at a computer, so… don’t fill this up because I want to spend some of that time not poring through hissy fits.
Eh, you typically think I'm scum, and I typically think you're scum. We kinda clash somewhat?
I've been right more often than you solely because you've rolled scum more than me.
But I appreciate you giving me the benefit of the doubt.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 16, 2023, 01:39:09 am »

Web: In that case I'm missing something, and my guess about what you're basing your cases on is probably wrong. When it's time to reveal I'll be quite interested in what you have to say.
That is okay.  I have been wrong many times before and I will be wrong many times in the future.  I only posted my thoughts in case they mattered to anyone in the future looking back at Today.

Jack is actually very likely to be Town, and I would be willing to explain it in 12 hours.  Is that fair?  I'm merely looking to see who will vote Egan_BW with me, either because they believe that I am Town, or because they believe that Egan_BW is scum.

Max said he couldn't be killed. He might have been referring to the nightkill only.
@Maximum Spin: Can you still be lynched?
Jack, would you mind if we didn't do any rolefishing?  I feel as though you don't understand exactly how much power you're wielding, and that we have to be extremely careful with how we wield it.  Our goal is to gather players that are Town and recruit them to our cause.  Town cannot win on their own.  Town MUST strive to work together.  Maximum Spin is not a problem right now.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 16, 2023, 01:51:16 am »

lol, what a jackening
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 207