Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 78993 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2023, 01:27:19 pm »

It seems like pirates has a convert role and are most likely cults:
EuchreJack: under what circumstances would you use an ability that forced the mafia to kill you, while simultaneously making you impossible to watch or protect?

I would quite readily use that ability. A 18 player game is crazy.

Also: Who wants to be a pirate?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2023, 01:33:36 pm »

If there's a cult in this game, I got ripped off and I will be speaking with the manager.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2023, 01:36:44 pm »

@Crystal, just an fyi, that is more of a rephrasing of content that might be called Activelurking.  It doesn't have any of your own remarks or insights, so it might be better to put your thoughts on whether that might be true or not and how this affects your view on the players or the game!

Here, let me show you.

Personally, I would be okay if we voted out Max.  I think his Miller claim and his unkillable claim in a game with potentially multiple factions is far more likely to be a scumtrait than not, and I also dislike his attack on Imp.

This reiterates pieces Max did (claimed Miller and unkillable and voted Imp), but I put my insights in (these feel quite likely to be traits a scum player might have).  Now you try!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2023, 01:41:06 pm »

@Crystal, just an fyi, that is more of a rephrasing of content that might be called Activelurking.  It doesn't have any of your own remarks or insights, so it might be better to put your thoughts on whether that might be true or not and how this affects your view on the players or the game!
I didn't see Tricmagic's post when I posted it.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2023, 01:41:42 pm »

I volunteer as tribute, your thoughts on me Crystal?

Nin..

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2023, 01:42:18 pm »

Well, I'm not completely unkillable, but I'm not going to give away the situation in which I can be killed.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2023, 01:52:35 pm »

Imp: the auto-clear I'm referencing is the simple fact that you know your own alignment. A townie knows that they are themselves a townie, and will not sḥot themselves. The lynch can hit anyone at all. a random-lynch is therefore less accurate than a random-shot.

BHK: You pulled a 180 on voting Jim awful fast there, what specifically changed your mind?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2023, 01:53:29 pm »

I volunteer as tribute, your thoughts on me Crystal?

Nin..
So a multi-faction game.

To Imp of the Rings, I dream a dream of dominion, lording over my subjects. I am not cult, counted among town. And yet I inspect as SK. What am I?
Okay, so you aren't cult and you investigate as a serial killer. Clearly you're a serial killer who wants to kill all players with roles that specify that they're a leader.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2023, 02:05:37 pm »

Interesting, but no. What's your read on me as a player? Rather than the mask I put on.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2023, 02:27:22 pm »

Interesting, but no. What's your read on me as a player? Rather than the mask I put on.
I do think that you are right about Sofanthiel role fishing and you seem to be attempting help town so I'm inclined to think you're anti mafia at the very least
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2023, 02:38:11 pm »

Also, the only reason I'm not voting for sofanthiel is because I'm waiting for them to post more so I can analyze them more.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2023, 02:42:07 pm »

Also, the only reason I'm not voting for sofanthiel is because I'm waiting for them to post more so I can analyze them more.
You can always unvote!  I would recommend that you do vote.

Anyone else while you wait for sofa?  You can even point out why you think someone is Town, if no one seems like scum.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2023, 02:42:59 pm »

Don't be afraid to vote. It would take 9 people to actually hammer, if hammers were a thing. Your vote is a weapon and a tool. Assuming you aren't voting Jim anyway, and that somehow got a reaction out of him.

Ninjad. Question to Crystal, who do you think is towniest right now, with the limited data at your perusal.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2023, 03:25:18 pm »

TricMagic
To Imp of the Rings, I dream a dream of dominion, lording over my subjects. I am not cult, counted among town. And yet I inspect as SK. What am I?

I haven't dreamt of an answer yet.  It seems you must be TricMagic, but what that means, I don't know yet.

Yet perhaps it serves, as so many make claims even Day 1... to state a riddle that is true of me right now:

I am town and inspect as town.  But with my death, some dreams will end.  I may seem a tempting fruit for those not town, but you should beware, for in my dreams, my killer's ship is beset by storms - I have some goods and more each day, but taken from my corpse, they become accursed and help your enemies more than you.

Each day I live, new wonders may grow, and maybe help for those with various problems bestowed.  I mean to help only town - I probably can't manage that, but I mean to try.  While I live, I probably can't avoid helping anyone, possibly everyone else alive at various times.  I could turn this role selfish, but I'm not interested.  I'd rather play it to help.  I also don't actually have direct control of what wonders come, I just get to try and call them.

My death can't directly hurt town, other than from a townie dead.  If I die to town, or just die, that's fine, my dreams only end.  No harm to town, or benefit to town's enemies, if I am lynched, town-action killed, or just generally die.  If I am killed by certain or most others - oh, some of you were told reason to kill me.  But what you were not told, and what I mean to reveal:

When I die, it's likely everyone will wish I had died later, unless I'm the last kill needed for that side that needs me dead.
If I die by action of Pirate, Mafia, or SK - you benefit your enemies more than you benefit yourself.  I predict you and your team (if you have a team) will wish someone else had killed me, and killed me later in the game at that.

I'm also requesting to be considered for whatever survival protection others see fit to give.  I'm darn useful alive, but guiding me how to help likely helps more than not.  I could also just dream of self-protection, yawn.  I'd rather be a directly active part of a team win and try to see this game be even more fun for even more of us.

EuchreJack
When I die, I leave behind a hat that is stronger than my ability. While it could help Mafia, a Town player would get more use out of it.

Where, when, how would this hat appear?  Does the manner of your death affect who gains or controls the hat?

How would it help Mafia?

How would a town player get more use from it?

Elephant Parade
Weird question: I don't suppose anyone has a day inspect? If they do, it'd enable something funny.

I don't, right now, have such a wonder.  Yet, I wonder, how would you recommend someone use it, to enable this funny whatever?

I find myself remembering that !!FUN!! can be flaming here, and the long ago 'imp of pranks' who was empowered to make sure death was funny indeed.  What kind of fun might we expect, if someone day-inspects however you suggest?

ToonyMan
And yes, I'm busted. Please nerf.

I meant to list this among those with possible problems they might be asking for help with in my first post.  Adding you to the list now, but were you joking?  What do you mean by 'I'm busted.  Please nerf."?

A townie knows that they are themselves a townie, and will not sḥot themselves. The lynch can hit anyone at all. a random-lynch is therefore less accurate than a random-shot.

I just watched a townie hammer lynch themself less than 24 hours ago.

I don't get your logic here, as sure, a townie shouldn't shoot themself, a townie shouldn't vote themself.  I don't see how a random lynch is less accurate than a random shot, presuming 'self' is off the list of targets.

Noting this as 'you seem to think oddly'.  I don't know what else to do with it, at this time, but mark it.

Maximum Spin
I seem to be a miller again. For real, that's not a gambit. Lot of miller claims this time around, so that's interesting. I also can't be killed.

What flavor of miller?  Someone says they inspect as SK, someone else says they inspect as Pirate.  What do you say?

Elephant Parade did you know they used to parade elephants across the frozen ice of the river Thames during winter festivals a few hundred years ago?

Ahh, our story spins a dream that sees that famous, some say last, Frost Fair of 1814, that incredibly horribly harsh winter.  Chunee, Stephen Polito's elephant, being walked across the river, so deeply did it freeze - though just four days later the ice started to break up and several people drowned.  Frost fairs are unwise now; the Old London Bridge with its piers and arches slowed the river and made it more likely to freeze so deeply.  The new bridge in 1830 was designed to cause less ice.

Would slowing the river again help us now?  Where else could the unstable Old London Bridge lead?  Might it show us who is watching the watchers?

I also expect we shall be speaking as aristocrats before long, and a joyous day it will be indeed when that moment arrives.

I have reason to believe that alignments might be mutable.

Also: Who wants to be a pirate?

Did I miss anyone else referencing possible conversion information?

I have no direct reason, as of now, to think anything about if alignments are mutable or not.  If someone has protection against alignment being mutated, I'm interested in that protection too.  There is nothing in my role that tells me what might happen if I am converted, nothing in the information I have that even suggests if conversions are currently possible or not.  I sure don't intend to dream up any conversion.  Who would watch the watchers then?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2023, 03:33:56 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> Jim Groovester   --2-- Lenglon*, BlackHeartKabal*,
-> Maximum Spin     --2-- sofanthiel*, webadict*,
Elephant Parade     --1-- notquitethere*,
EuchreJack          --1-- Elephant Parade*,
Imp                 --1-- Maximum Spin*,
sofanthiel          --1-- TricMagic*,
BlackHeartKabal     --0--
Crystalizedmire     --0--
Egan_BW             --0--
hector13            --0--
Knightwing64        --0--
Lenglon             --0--
notquitethere       --0--
Secretdorf          --0--
The Canadian kitten --0--
ToonyMan            --0--
TricMagic           --0--
webadict            --0--
No One              --0--

Not Voting          --10-- Crystalizedmire, Egan_BW, EuchreJack, hector13, Imp, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan,

10 to Hammer. Day ends on December 18, 2023 at 20:00 Central Standard Time (~77 hours remaining).

NOTE: In the event of a tie, no one has determined what happens.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 207