Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79681 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2023, 09:25:50 am »

@Lenglon:
You should keep your abilities close to your chest and try to use them wisely I guess. You should also claim if you're a miller. Which I'm going to do right now.

Yeah, I'm a miller. I don't inspect as town. But I am.

@BlackHeartKabal:
There are a lot of players. I expect a lot of things will be ignored or missed. I think it's important to keep things as understandable as possible to avoid players masking themselves in pointless banter or being ignored. I highly doubt every player here will be scrutinized fairly on the same level.

@Knightwing:
vote Jim, you won’t. scared?

If I were to be on a scum team, I would want it to be with Web or Toony, they’re busted

Also, I don’t know if this was stated in the OP, but there’s likely to be more then 2 scum, if that wasn’t obvious.
Knightwing looks like town to me. He's pulling my Heart strings, he is.

And yes, I'm busted. Please nerf.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2023, 09:29:54 am »

@web: Obviously, you should default to TricMagic if you see no better options to Null. It would save him from the "Protect Scum, Kill Town" decision.
As for using it on me: I might be mildly annoyed to lose my ability, but frankly it's actually more work than I signed up for, so if you think I look scummy, feel free to scrub my profile. Vanilla Town would be easier, and I doubt anyone would want to waste time lynching or killing a powerless player.

Right, back to work.

@Toony: I don't believe millers should claim. If they don't look scummy, they won't be suspected. It's a distraction in a game with this many players. Why are you trying to muddy up the waters with this many players?  >:(

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2023, 09:32:04 am »

@Jack:
You wouldn't happen to leave behind a...straw hat if you die, would you, Jack?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2023, 09:37:18 am »

I can remove the role of another player once per game.

Yes, this is permanent.  Yes, this is busted.  No, I couldn't not claim it.  No, I can't save it for later.

Please pick who should be the target, because they will be effectively removed from the Night game.
You can't save it for later? You actually mean that?

Secretdorf: What is the purpose of RVS? Does it actually help find scum? How?
Purpose is to start things off. It actually does contribute to scumhunting although the extent is debatable. Conversation generally helps catch scum and and it generates conversation.

I did not ask everyone a question, specifically. If I didn't ask you a specific question, what's your impression of that?
No one can blame you for that in an 18p game.

... and 13 new posts.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2023, 09:55:05 am »

@Jack:
You wouldn't happen to leave behind a...straw hat if you die, would you, Jack?

Pirates don't leave behind straw hats.

Also: Toony is barred from being a pirate. As for why, see Mostly Vanilla Mafia 3, Round 5

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2023, 10:08:30 am »

Why
Guess I walked into that one.

@Toony:  Miller again?!  Dang, my sympathies, you really can't get a break from all those Miller roles, can you?  Personally, I am unsure whether or not I'm a Miller until after someone investigates me, so we both have it pretty rough, eh?  But if you want it removed, I could totally help out, save you the heartache of not being investigateable.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2023, 10:11:00 am »

How many Mafia games have you played?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh. Oh.
I was not suggesting a no-lynch. Now I realize what we mean regarding the lynch, daykills, and Jim - I don't know why I didn't pick up on that earlier.
Yeah, I'm a miller. I don't inspect as town. But I am.

@BlackHeartKabal:
There are a lot of players. I expect a lot of things will be ignored or missed. I think it's important to keep things as understandable as possible to avoid players masking themselves in pointless banter or being ignored. I highly doubt every player here will be scrutinized fairly on the same level.
ToonyMan: I agree with you, regarding player size and scrutiny. Now, onto your miller claim - there's, of course, reasonable scrutiny there to begin with. How do we know that the revelations of the first day haven't emboldened you to claim something that would clear you from later investigation? It would be a very cunning and reasonable play to make the relatively mundane claim of miller on the coattails of webadict and Jim.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2023, 10:24:12 am »

@Jack:
Are you claiming you're a pirate?

@Webadict:
You know it has to be true. I've never lied about this before so this would be the very first time if I was.

@BlackHeart:
I don't see an argument where I stay quiet about my inspection giving false results. Especially with Jack talking about pirates.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2023, 10:30:00 am »

Tric: If you had Jim's daykill, what would you put into your first post of the game?
Probably this.

More seriously, don't bother inspecting me. I inspect as SK. At least I know who to target tonight. Hey Jim, Dragon?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2023, 10:34:34 am »

True, Toony has never lied to me, so then, honestly, everyone that's posted so far, except Crystal, doesn't feel like Mafia...

Who hasn't posted yet...?

PPE:  Oh, TricMagic just posted, and he's a Miller, too.  So many Millers this game...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2023, 10:48:03 am »

You can't save it for later? You actually mean that?
Hm, I guess not really?  I meant that more as a "I should not let this ability fall into the hands of Mafia" type of can't wait.  I could be roleblocked, redirected, killed, stolen from, etc.  I would rather it be used, because, well, I would rather not think about it, if you catch my super subtle hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, my role is Don't Think, cough cough.

Just, uh, don't think about it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2023, 11:21:27 am »

True, Toony has never lied to me, so then, honestly, everyone that's posted so far, except Crystal, doesn't feel like Mafia...

Who hasn't posted yet...?

PPE:  Oh, TricMagic just posted, and he's a Miller, too.  So many Millers this game...
Can you explain why I feel like mafia?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2023, 11:34:42 am »

TricMagic: If you had a 50/50 shot to win or lose in a single decision, would you take that shot? Would your alignment influence that decision?

I did not ask everyone a question, specifically. If I didn't ask you a specific question, what's your impression of that?
Given the amount of players and people to ask.. Yeah, I'm not doing the RVS questions game, that would be painful.
Myself anyway. To answer your question, in a heartbeat. No, that's not a clear answer~

This is why I think asking basic questions isn't as helpful.   People can adapt to that fast.  A question like "Are you afraid to vote Jim Groovester right now?" though...  THAT is a good question.  It has an easy answer, but far-reaching consequences.  It thinks about the game state.  You have to really question how you answer it.

So, BHK:  Would you vote Jim Groovester right now?
Hmm.. I know this question isn't directed at me, but it would be a funny way to say I'm out.

Jim, what are you hiding from us? Got a defense?

Not-Quite-There, Not-Quite-There
Friendly neighborhood Not-Quite-There
Bogus tells
He's ignored
Analysis, his reward
Look out
Here comes the Not-Quite-There

Two interesting things so far. Jim's ability, and Web's role null claim. Web says it's OP but wiping out someone's role isn't necessarily more powerful than just killing them (though what happens to their wincon?)

Lenglon, we shouldn't give town ally claims a free pass— I've seen serial killers say that they're town aligned more than once! How does your list of questions compare to BHK's?

BHK, I'll certainly give a reads list on D2. How about you?

Tric, do you think your role is going to be decisive this game?

Elephant Parade did you know they used to parade elephants across the frozen ice of the river Thames during winter festivals a few hundred years ago?
Not-Quite-There, on the attack, yes it will, you're a snack.
 :P

EuchreJack: under what circumstances would you use an ability that forced the mafia to kill you, while simultaneously making you impossible to watch or protect?

I would quite readily use that ability. A 18 player game is crazy.

Also: Who wants to be a pirate?
Waves a claw.

Got pirates, mafia, gentleman, dragons, penguins, ghosts. Hats apparently. Also Kabal just voted Jim, welp.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2023, 11:35:44 am »

Eh, what the ell, Jim. Come out and claim rather than hide behind a gun.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2023, 11:39:02 am »

@Crystal:  I would say that you are unassuming and haven't taken a position on anything yet.  I would like for you to give an opinion on who you think might be scum, even if it is wrong.  You just have to defend a position with reasoning so that I can read how you think about things.  You could be hiding something!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 207