Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80105 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #600 on: December 16, 2023, 11:36:22 pm »

Are you going to argue that you are a Town player named Pirate King (a name given to you BY Fallacy...which isn't how it works), and that you hand out Piratechat invites that makes members of said invites Pirate-Millers like myself?
Mostly, because I submitted "Pirate King" as my role.

And Toony: You're a jerk. You know damn well Town isn't going to vote you. You're just picking on me.
I suspect this is the ToonyTunnel, which means unfortunately you are town. Or maybe you've learned to fake the ToonyTunnel as scum?

Do a vote count. You will see I'm already probably going to die. Do try to show some remorse, or you'll look scummy.
Euchre.  Stop.  Anyone that antagonizes you, do not respond.  Anyone that does not ask you a direct question, do not respond.  You are close to being voted out for the same reasons you were voting other people.  There isn't a need to do what you're doing.

Please, do not type back.  Instead, I want you to focus on which other players would be good candidates to investigate.  If you can't handle that, then go play a game instead. :)  We're not getting into a fighting match, or I'm gonna have to give you hard limits on the number of posts you're allowed.  Just ignore them.  If they can't make cases against anyone else, it will show a lack of participation on their part, and shows them to be scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: December 16, 2023, 11:38:24 pm »

Are you going to argue that you are a Town player named Pirate King (a name given to you BY Fallacy...which isn't how it works), and that you hand out Piratechat invites that makes members of said invites Pirate-Millers like myself?
Mostly, because I submitted "Pirate King" as my role.

And Toony: You're a jerk. You know damn well Town isn't going to vote you. You're just picking on me.
I suspect this is the ToonyTunnel, which means unfortunately you are town. Or maybe you've learned to fake the ToonyTunnel as scum?

Do a vote count. You will see I'm already probably going to die. Do try to show some remorse, or you'll look scummy.
Why did you say it as "EuchreJack was given the town role Pirate King"? This makes it seem like FoU gave you the name.

What if I also said your posts early on felt like mafia!Jack to me? Even before I was fully aware of Pirate = Mafia.

Who is or are the actual Pirate if it's not you, the Pirate King?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 16, 2023, 11:39:35 pm »

Just checking, BlackHeartKabal's got friends here, or we like their flavor low effort better?
At least one: Jim
I had BlackHeartKabal on my "kinda scummy" list, but as I was reviewing Jim's post, I decided Jim probably had a point.

@BlackHeartKabal: You want to join the Piratechat?

Ahh, right right.  Oh yeah, makes sense too, the Heart was pretty sure Jim's town real fast, does seem a townie Heart from a view.

Hey, that's maybe even a useful invite, in that we can theoretically lynch one of the supposed invite people and see their roleflip, decide if we think they were actually invited, and go from there.  Might help protect some real pirates if it came down to that.
That is NOT how piratechat works. Lynch reveals actual alignment, members of piratechat only Inspect as Pirate.
Instead, someone has to waste an inspect on a member of the pirate chat to confirm that they inspect as pirate.
Kinda wastes the inspect, when it could be looking mafia or confirming town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 16, 2023, 11:40:21 pm »

Euchre.  Stop.  Anyone that antagonizes you, do not respond.  Anyone that does not ask you a direct question, do not respond.  You are close to being voted out for the same reasons you were voting other people.  There isn't a need to do what you're doing.

Please, do not type back.  Instead, I want you to focus on which other players would be good candidates to investigate.  If you can't handle that, then go play a game instead. :)  We're not getting into a fighting match, or I'm gonna have to give you hard limits on the number of posts you're allowed.  Just ignore them.  If they can't make cases against anyone else, it will show a lack of participation on their part, and shows them to be scum.
I see, the lalalala I'm not listening lalalala~ defense.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #604 on: December 16, 2023, 11:41:27 pm »

Where I disagree with you is that I find a substantial portion of Imp's logic implausibly bad. That might be because this is a complex game with a lot of moving parts and a lot of posts, but I think it's more likely that Imp is just scum. But I do see where you're coming from.

So, when my roleflip's something else entirely than your expectation, do you have another plan?

Also, what's your angle for why I'd role claim my second post of 'game of the century', if it wasn't, as I claimed, to cover something... really as bad as what EuchreJack did to EuchreJack-self, that I had done to I-self?

You're convincingly not scum though.  Note to self, in case that matters.

Hey, also, we (well, I wasn't one of those voters) had Egan_BW up to 7, at webadict's/EuchreJack's behest.  It's just pressure, right?  Egan_BW seems still alive too.  We can do this, maybe?

Also... no, whoops.  Looks like Secretdorf isn't around now and he did say anyone but EuchreJack that requested the vote count... which I'm carefully not doing right now, just in case.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 16, 2023, 11:41:58 pm »

Why did you say it as "EuchreJack was given the town role Pirate King"? This makes it seem like FoU gave you the name.

What if I also said your posts early on felt like mafia!Jack to me? Even before I was fully aware of Pirate = Mafia.

@EuchreJack:  This is an example of a post you don't interact with.  Why?  Because it's filled with loaded questions.  Instead of doing any leg work on his own, Toony puts the onus on you to prove yourself not guilty of a crime you did not commit.  Even though there are direct questions, these questions are, fundamentally speaking, pointless except to get you with gotcha answers.

The best outcome from engaging is status quo, so there is no point to answering this one :)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 16, 2023, 11:44:32 pm »

Webadict, what am I suppose to do when a player slips that they are mafia?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 16, 2023, 11:46:00 pm »

That is NOT how piratechat works. Lynch reveals actual alignment, members of piratechat only Inspect as Pirate.
Instead, someone has to waste an inspect on a member of the pirate chat to confirm that they inspect as pirate.
Kinda wastes the inspect, when it could be looking mafia or confirming town.

Yeah. But but but... see.  I'm all confused cause....

If you invite someone scum, do they go?  Do they then have 2 chats?  They could, could they?  Would you want someone scum there?  Would you want an SK there?  Would you want town there?  Can you even induct or whatever anyone/everyone?  What's all these folks saying no also saying by not saying?

And right now, I don't have an inspect.  So I'd have to lynch 'em unless/until that changed.  So, save the inspect, and lynch and theorize if they were actually on your crew and if we could tell!

Don't worry, just trying to get back into my dream state, in case there's a day 2 for me.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 16, 2023, 11:46:22 pm »

Webadict, what am I suppose to do when a player slips that they are mafia?
The same thing you do when you're right:  Find another.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 16, 2023, 11:47:02 pm »

Eurgh I’m in a “Lurking is NAI” phase of my opinion on Lynch All Lurkers, so I’m… well, I was going to say not cool, mostly that I’d prefer lynching someone actually here and doing “bad” things than someone who is “bad” for not being here.

Is there any particular reason that out of the, say *checks player list in OP* let’s be semi-strict and say seven players that are lurking, why Esteemed TheCanadiankitten is the one on the chopping block over the other six?
Literally two posts for the entire game says it all doesn't it?
Not really. The flip side of the coin is the person who posts the most is Town.

Take me as an example. Historically I’m usually among the highest posters as either alignment. Lynch all Lurkers would never work with me in the game as scum.

The best way to avoid Lynch All Lurkers, thus, is to not be the person with the least posts. Yes, I will accept that lurking is anti-town, but anti-town doesn’t necessarily equal scum. Lynch All Lurkers is a horribly flawed way of lynching if your goal is to lynch scum.

Consequently, activity is NAI, so I’m not currently interested in lynching someone if the case is “because they aren’t active”.

I’m with Esteemed ToonyMan: Esteemed EuchreJack has made himself look like scum, and if he flips town it’s going to provide information about a bunch of players, and that fact alone makes him an infinitely better lynch than a lurker.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 16, 2023, 11:48:16 pm »

@Jack:
I'm going to get really mean and say FoU messed up coloring Pirate because it's your alignment, which is mafia. This is why you got so pissy around here towards everyone. I don't believe you would have gotten upset like this if you were Town. It sucks and there's ways to blame people about making mistakes, but I don't want to get into that.
Why did you react like this in the part I linked? What were you mad about specifically? Which players (or FoU) were you mad at the most? Why?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #611 on: December 16, 2023, 11:49:38 pm »

Where I disagree with you is that I find a substantial portion of Imp's logic implausibly bad. That might be because this is a complex game with a lot of moving parts and a lot of posts, but I think it's more likely that Imp is just scum. But I do see where you're coming from.

So, when my roleflip's something else entirely than your expectation, do you have another plan?

Also, what's your angle for why I'd role claim my second post of 'game of the century', if it wasn't, as I claimed, to cover something... really as bad as what EuchreJack did to EuchreJack-self, that I had done to I-self?

You're convincingly not scum though.  Note to self, in case that matters.
My plan for if that happens is to be sad I was wrong and adjust my perception of others, particularly the immediate bandwagoners, PARTICULARLY YOU CRYSTALLIZEDMIRE, accordingly. I literally do not understand the second line of your post.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 16, 2023, 11:53:35 pm »

1) Antagonism deserves no response.
2) Antagonism deserves no response.
3) You could be a Pirate. Claiming "inspects as Pirate" would hide that. But then you would know that my flip would reveal that I was town, and people would be looking straight at you. So you're probably not a pirate.
I could see the following as actual pirates: sofanthiel, BlackHeartKabal, The Canadian Kitten, Crystalizedmire, NQT

@ToonyMan: Since you're not going to vote anyone but me, why should I interact with you? What is your theory on the game and how I fit into it?
Who else do you suspect, and why are they not worthy of your attention? You got 48 hours, you can always swing back onto me later.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 17, 2023, 12:01:51 am »

Eurgh I’m in a “Lurking is NAI” phase of my opinion on Lynch All Lurkers, so I’m… well, I was going to say not cool, mostly that I’d prefer lynching someone actually here and doing “bad” things than someone who is “bad” for not being here.

Is there any particular reason that out of the, say *checks player list in OP* let’s be semi-strict and say seven players that are lurking, why Esteemed TheCanadiankitten is the one on the chopping block over the other six?
Literally two posts for the entire game says it all doesn't it?
Not really. The flip side of the coin is the person who posts the most is Town.

Take me as an example. Historically I’m usually among the highest posters as either alignment. Lynch all Lurkers would never work with me in the game as scum.

The best way to avoid Lynch All Lurkers, thus, is to not be the person with the least posts. Yes, I will accept that lurking is anti-town, but anti-town doesn’t necessarily equal scum. Lynch All Lurkers is a horribly flawed way of lynching if your goal is to lynch scum.

Consequently, activity is NAI, so I’m not currently interested in lynching someone if the case is “because they aren’t active”.

I’m with Esteemed ToonyMan: Esteemed EuchreJack has made himself look like scum, and if he flips town it’s going to provide information about a bunch of players, and that fact alone makes him an infinitely better lynch than a lurker.
not really. it's about if your activity level falls below a critical threshold where nobody can form any kind of read on you and your playstyle without any kind of reasonable accuracy or excuse. Being further above that threshhold than necessary means little to nothing. Canadian however HAS failed to meet the bare minimum requirements, and as such deserves a policy-lynch.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 17, 2023, 12:02:01 am »

I could see the following as actual pirates: sofanthiel, BlackHeartKabal, The Canadian Kitten, Crystalizedmire, NQT
I could see all those players as possible mafia. Maybe not as much BlackHeart because they voted Jim.

@ToonyMan: Since you're not going to vote anyone but me, why should I interact with you? What is your theory on the game and how I fit into it?
Who else do you suspect, and why are they not worthy of your attention? You got 48 hours, you can always swing back onto me later.
I can't force you to interact with me but I'll yell a lot.

I think you're the secondary mafia team.

I don't have other major suspects. I've mainly seen a few players as most likely not mafia or probably not mafia. Since I'm not being shot today I can spend time getting actual opinion on players I didn't have opinions of in my 24 hours read list. I will call it...the 48 hours read list.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 207