Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79145 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #495 on: December 16, 2023, 07:10:56 pm »

I lol’d
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 16, 2023, 07:12:21 pm »

I was fairly confident Tric was town, and it annoys me the shot was wasted in this way.

But I can't blame Jim for doing that.

Jack is mafia.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 16, 2023, 07:16:30 pm »

He literally asked for it. Could’ve done with one a bit more informative, but it looks like it was a problem in need of an answer anyway.

But fuck it, I want my Sunday for something other than arguing about colours.

Esteemed EuchreJack
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 16, 2023, 07:16:45 pm »

I don't even want to play this game anymore.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 16, 2023, 07:16:45 pm »

Oh, it looks like Tric could have become a SK so probably for the best.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 16, 2023, 07:17:50 pm »

Yes! Hahaha, yes!

Tric was SK anyways. Basically.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #501 on: December 16, 2023, 07:18:35 pm »

Top vote candidate for being mafia
Jack - outed scum
Nobody cares

laughs gently  Oh bless you, I wish I could.

Let's look for the other anti-towns too?

Oh heck I care about EuchreJack.  I do think it's likely Jack needs to die for town to win, though I see some chance not.  Jack's pirates need to die for sure.

But hey, Quote from OP:
"(Common) The Mafia-Ally simply wins when the Mafia players do, without actively being on their team (and thus gaining none of their special privileges)."

I don't personally think EuchreJack's actually on the scum team.  I don't know what team they are.  I don't....

FallacyofUrist:  Hey, what can we all know about how those ally things work?  What are all the possible alignments of a scumflavor-ally?

looks back to ToonyMan  I'm not against EuchreJack's death, I just think it probably doesn't help town, probably doesn't prevent anything, unless we can prevent him from recruiting before he recruits (which I think may have already happened), and seems very likely to happen at day end no matter what, even if he dies, even if he hasn't recruited yet.

I also suspect his death may have some benefit to the rest of his team, though that water is very muddy.  They could end with him, and if my fears are correct, they're taking risk to possibly die instead of him, work as a team to try and protect him, so that does lean that way.

But I can't get all excited about his lynch, because we have a lot of other work to do.  I don't want us to clean out the Pirates and die to the Mafia, or any of them navy folks that seem likely to be a problem.  Wouldn't it be great if the Navy hunted the Pirates, as Navy are reputed to do?  Ahh, but still too early for another dream, drat.  There's always tomorrow for someone!

Imp, there is a major problem with your reasoning. There aren't any questions being answered. You're replying to those who interact with you, but not putting forth questions to those in the background

I have a lot of questions out that weren't answered.  Not gonna take the time to list them all now, that's a search and stuff is happening.

Consent may not matter, I see from your roleflip didn't matter with you, but a lot of people are offering stuff and I may have reason to refuse.

@FallacyofUrist It appears that TricMagic could have tried to become a SK, or not.  Given he started as town, where's the ethics in that?  Is it considered honorable and reasonable for town to willingly take actions that can lead them to become non-town?  This is possibly not considered playing against one's wincon, it's fine in games like this to play to get a new wincon you like better, or what?

Of note, I am unsure what to think of TricMagic's death.  I think they would have likely, as town, played against town quite willingly.  They sure could have, been flirting with becoming non-town... yeah, that looks familiar.  I'm not annoyed.  But I do look forward to FallacyofUrist's answers.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 16, 2023, 07:18:57 pm »

Sick. What do you want to play instead? Go poke Stirk to get the RT game rolling again.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 16, 2023, 07:21:10 pm »

I'm sorry.

Oh, it looks like Tric could have become a SK so probably for the best.

TricMagic was probably the most likely player who could have become a serial killer given that role.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 16, 2023, 07:24:43 pm »

Oh my god, a sane person showed up named Hector.

@Hector:
Webadict (and Max) trying to push heat off Jack pisses me off. It should be a simple matter of "Yep, Jack fucked up" and then we just look for Mafia today instead of needing to NOT focus on the Mafia.

Are Web and Max just this dumb? I know they aren't aware of the Pirate being mafia thing, but it's not just me. Imp and Egan have confirmed this. It's blowing my fucking mind. And this is before Jim blows my brains out.

PPE:
COME ON JIM
Could you show me which of Egan_BW's posts were the most informative to you?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 16, 2023, 07:25:25 pm »

I'm sorry.
It's not just you, it's everything.

I mean, you got rid of the SK, so that's something. I wonder how that would affect an SK-hunter, though, since SKs can win while dead... but Tric never actually became one... but if everyone died, would that still be technically an SK victory where an SK-hunter loses even though there's no SK faction (allowing town to still win, I guess)?

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 16, 2023, 07:25:45 pm »

Detailed Player Summary for Egan_BW
------------------------
BlackHeartKabal, Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, hector13, Imp, Jim Groovester, Knightwing64, Maximum Spin, notquitethere, Secretdorf, sofanthiel, The Canadian kitten, Lenglon, ToonyMan, TricMagic, EuchreJack, webadict:

Welcome to my exiting new Roll to Dodge game, The Tower-Dungeon of Difficulties! You have been invited, and attendance is mandatory!

You are a brave posse of adventurers who have undertaken the quest of climbing the Tower and braving its many floors and challenges to obtain the Shiny Thing at the top, which can grant any one wish! Naturally, some of your traveling companions probably plan to stab you in the back and claim the prize for their own! They might even be cultists, planning to use the wish for nefarious means!

To proceed, you must pass by the Blind Guardian, an angel who looms over the tower's sturdy gate. The angel has eyes, she just doesn't bother using them.

"Halt." she cries, like a thousand seagulls screaming for french fries, "You must state your Class to proceed."

Remember to bold your actions.

The Angel waves you closer.

The Blind Guardian makes a plaintive gesture.
"It is not my Role to play god. If I must, though, I would give the Traitor something strong. For is it not their role to define the proceedings?"

"Cattes are famously murderous creatures. Girls, well, it depends." The Guardian smiles at you with a mouth full of fangs.

Gathered among the others, the penguin fibs. For the god of this world grants no creature on the ground nor in the sky nor in the sea the ability to kill Fun. Will the other adventurers gathered at the entrance to the tower catch this lie, or let it slide?

You get the distinct feeling, tickling at the hairs on your neck, that you should go ahead and shoot. These ruffians won't show you the same mercy if you stay your hand. And what do you owe them anyways, Jim Groovester?

"Is that a threat, little one?~"

tric why the fuck would you quote that entire post

Look, I don't want to break keyfabe too much, but I have no idea how to work this into RP, so: Pirates are red colored. I feel this implicates EuchreJack.

One of my abilities lists a couple alignments. Town is green, mafia and pirates are red, and hunter is blue. So pirates are a second scum team.

"Then step past the threshold, if you dare. The challenges which wait are deadly in character and will test your will, bravery, and brutality, but mostly the last one."

You step into the tower to find a bustling marketplace, because I'm not going to come up with wholly original ideas for this. A couple small stands line the hallway before you, which terminates in a spiral stairway leading up, to further challenges.

"The Law has little bite out here, little one."

"I would protect myself, of course."

"It is unfortunate that we are defined by systems even as we deny them." You walk the path of the Communist.

"All the hope invested in me by billions the world round, my friend. And how can you hope to maneuver inside the dungeon, as large as you are?"

You are the world. This poses certain issues regarding entrance to the dungeon, but may provide certain advantages as well.

It is too late, you have already attended. The brick spire before you reaches to the clouds, your vision of it confirmation that you are part of these proceedings here-on.

You adjust your racing helmet and step inside, standing beside Knightwing the Knightwing up there.

"It's never about the colors themselves. It's about what they represent."

[2]
Your head and neck pass through the gateway, but your shoulders are too broad and masculine! Oh no! And you can't get back out, of course, because the doorway is glamoured to only allow passage in one direction. To tell the truth you're pretty lucky that your blood isn't all getting trapped in your head unable to flow back down your neck. Must be a safety-doorway.

I am soft and cuddly.

I'll give you a reason to insult me then.

If your role says that you inspect as pirate, then you know that pirate is red. I think it's more likely that you knew that already and were just assuming that none of US knew.

Because the word pirate is in red in role PMs.

Hi, wouldn't it be funny if I didn't have anything to say about all that wasted breath? Wuba thinks that my role having the alignment colors in it means I'm scum, which is dumb and needs to be reconsidered.

I'd post an RTD turn but it's too much effort.

I'd also skim back through the thread to see if any scumhunting can be done, but again, too much effort. Got a virtual tabletop RPG session soon.

Because if his PM mentions the pirate alignment at all, then pirate is in color, like this:
"You inspect as the Pirate alignment."

And I poked EJ because I was annoyed that he didn't want to insult me, and to clarify my reason for voting him. He has an ability which says (something like) that, but pretended to not know that Pirates appear as a scum team, and just brazenly attempted to recruit said people to said SCUM TEAM.

If you want to think that me knowing that makes me scum, then fine. But KILLING EJ FIRST IS IMPORTANT HERE.
By his own claims, if you don't launch him day 1, then he'll recruit three players to his pirate-cult.

Yes! Hahaha, yes!

Tric was SK anyways. Basically.

Sick. What do you want to play instead? Go poke Stirk to get the RT game rolling again.

Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 16, 2023, 07:27:45 pm »

Bad bot, no trimming the spoilers

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #508 on: December 16, 2023, 07:30:35 pm »

FallacyofUrist:  [1] Hey, what can we all know about how those ally things work?  What are all the possible alignments of a scumflavor-ally?

@FallacyofUrist [2] It appears that TricMagic could have tried to become a SK, or not.  Given he started as town, where's the ethics in that?  Is it considered honorable and reasonable for town to willingly take actions that can lead them to become non-town?  This is possibly not considered playing against one's wincon, it's fine in games like this to play to get a new wincon you like better, or what?
Please bold and possibly enlarge the text of publicly asked questions to me, if they're just plain text I can easily miss them.

[1]: Well, the total set of scum-allies would be Mafia-Ally, Serial Killer-Ally, Cult-Ally (though I can't imagine ever using that particular variant), otherscumteamname-Ally, and possibly Hunter-Ally, if any Hunters present are hunting Town. Town-Allies and Survivor-Allies would not be anti-Town.

[2]: The usual rule is, play to win according to your win condition. The corner cases of that are... If your role is built to change your own alignment (rare, but as seen with Tric's role, possible), then it's completely reasonable to play into that, but you aren't obligated to. There's also the case where it's become impossible or very unlikely for you to win as your own alignment, but conversion is on the table for you - in that case, it's alright to seek out a conversion.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 16, 2023, 07:35:54 pm »

Web, you're right that reasoning wasn't very good. Two things I want to say: 1. thanks for telling me about your other claims, as I said before, I knew I would have missed a few things skimming to catch up, and I guess that was one of them. 2. I thought it'd be more fun to vote you than EJ. And it was probably more productive? I've learned a few things.

Max, Tric's role does look awfully like a conversion role. Like the kind of cult-adjacent thing I was suggesting could happen.

All to say:

EuchreJack is the obvious choice today, but we've got enough time to shake some more trees.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 207