Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79030 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead
« Reply #3045 on: January 04, 2024, 04:06:12 pm »

CM did a pretty good job of distancing a little bit on D1. I looked back on it and felt a bit more confident about them being town, and then I was further convinced by Jim basically confirming they couldn’t have performed the kill N5.

I was going to just make Jim kill immune, but decided to be more decisive about it because technically the kill immunity thing is a three-step process (post restriction > upgrade > sticking to the post restriction) so wouldn’t actually stop him getting killed if he was targeted.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 04, 2024, 04:16:14 pm »

@Imp: Sorry if I was rude at some point. Could you please post your role here? I for one was hoping to see it, but it was not revealed.

And yeah Lenglon did a pretty good job.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 04, 2024, 04:24:52 pm »

Good Game everyone, it was fun seeing how we were on the roll and almost screwed up, along with the suspense for the result of the final night with the ever slim possible chance of Mafia victory.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 04, 2024, 04:32:22 pm »

I would be lying if I said I didn't have fun playing this game, although it was a disaster is many ways.

Disasters happen.

If you hadn't swapped me, we might have had one, because of me, this game, for reasons Fall hasn't revealed yet.

Fallacy — 12/28/2023 6:25 PM
Imp's posts are a bit dense, but they never really complexified the night results
Maybe if her original role survived into the late game
Warehouse 13 had the most raw potential of all the roles.
And Imp was fully intending to exploit that.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 04, 2024, 04:33:19 pm »

@Imp: Sorry if I was rude at some point. Could you please post your role here? I for one was hoping to see it, but it was not revealed.

And yeah Lenglon did a pretty good job.

I actually already posted it in Dead Chat, an image at least.

Is Fallacy going to reveal all at some point, or is that on us?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 04, 2024, 04:35:20 pm »

He’ll do it, I imagine he’s busy at work or school or something, though there’s nothing stopping you doing it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 04, 2024, 04:36:07 pm »

Basically, for all you people who say I never explained why I kept that PR.

I chose to hold to the old role, in case the old role did somehow still exist.  I said that.

I also was sending in my day actions, in case that role somehow still existed.

I was playing both.

I'm a newbie that chose not to let go, at all.  I knew my items could be auto, I saw one that was.  I also knew that my old items might be lost, off in banished-land, but that if that's where my disappeared role was, maybe new items created might actually be designed so that they can work from being banished.

I'm a newbie, who saw what I saw.  It made sense to me.  For the sake of my lost role, just in case, I was never going to drop that PR inside the game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 04, 2024, 04:36:56 pm »

My role at start of play, it was much longer by the time I lost it D3:

Imp:

Everything looks to be in order. The energy fields are balanced and stable, the neutralizer is well stocked, and your artifacts are all in their places. Nothing's missing.

Now, what will you bring to the table? Only you can decide that. Only you can decide how much risk you're willing to tolerate for the sake of the Town.

Warehouse 13 (Town)
(Innate, Auto) The Bad Guys Win: Why is everyone always after what you’ve got? If you are ever killed by a player with the alignment of Mafia, Pirate, or Serial Killer, all your Item abilities are transferred to them. Additionally, any scum teams that exist gain a (Factional, Info) with the full text of this ability.
(Day) Artifact of the Week []: Describe an item, and cite a historical event, historical figure, folklore, or myth associated with the item. Also, choose ‘stable’ or ‘unstable’. At the end of the Day, you gain an Item ability based around your description. If you chose stable, it will be somewhat useful but not especially powerful, if you chose unstable, it will be more powerful, but have drawbacks or risks to using it.
(Night) Highly Competent Team [target]: Okay, maybe not always, but they do try. If your target has any Item abilities, you steal them. You may optionally also choose up to two Item actions you have and use them on your target.
(Reference, Modifier) Item: A player with an Item ability may give it to any player they share a private chat with. This is done during the Day, and resolves at the end of the Day.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 04, 2024, 07:05:08 pm »

Think there was anything I could have done on that day 2? I realize that the general advice in these games is to never, never, never ever give up but I really couldn't think of anything to do other than shut my trap and deny town anything more to go on.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 04, 2024, 07:13:27 pm »

Not sure my advice is very useful, but I would have tried to do anything.  Pretended I was town from the start, and played on as I thought town-me would do.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 04, 2024, 07:14:27 pm »

Sometimes that’s what you have to do. Mechanically discovered baddies tend to get got, so the only other option was to say the people claiming you were bad were lying, and fakeclaiming having done something else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 04, 2024, 07:19:27 pm »

I don't really have a good view in my head of the fakeclaim space, and that's made harder when someone claims knowing the exact text of what I did. I never really suspected that Max was anti-town, though, maybe I could have tried a little harder to push him if I'd considered that a possibility. Then his flip would show that he probably wasn't lying about me, though, since SK is also anti-mafia.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 04, 2024, 07:26:54 pm »

Usually the only means the town has of getting rid of scum is the lynch, so anything you can do to make them use that on someone who isn’t mafia is a good thing, even if it does’t move suspicion from you that much.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 04, 2024, 07:33:19 pm »

Think there was anything I could have done on that day 2? I realize that the general advice in these games is to never, never, never ever give up but I really couldn't think of anything to do other than shut my trap and deny town anything more to go on.
A couple of things, actually!

You could do one of the following:
- Tell the truth!  "Yes, I performed a Mafiakill, because my Role allows me to do so."  It's a BYOR, that's not even the first time it's happened.  Confuse them.  You can even turn it around and say "Look!  sofanthiel was ALSO hit by a kill!  That was probably the Mafia!"  Sometimes, this works, sometimes, it doesn't.  But, a good outcome could've been getting Max to spill more information about how his Role works, so you can use your death to get intel at the very least.  Knowledge is power, after all.

- Tell a small lie!  "That's impossible.  I used my Action to confirm that Knightwing64 and Lenglon targeted webadict and whoever."  You use existing information to try and cement yourself in the Town with some fake information.  Occasionally, you can borrow results from your teammates and pass that off as your own.  This one tends to be the least effective way, but also could get you extra information, as well.

- Tell a big lie!  "Someone framed me last Night.  I have an Ability that sees what Abilities target me and one of them copies my Role flavor to generate a Mafiakill off of it."  This gets people pretty paranoid and could cause them to rethink their strategies, and you, again, might find information!

- Tell the biggest, fakest, stupidest lie ever!  "So, it was you, Max?  You're the one that framed me?  I gained an Ability last Night that causes the Day to be skipped if I'm voted out."  This, uh, works best when everyone is completely baffled, around Day 3 or 4.  At that point, EVERYONE gets paranoid as all heck and starts factoring that in.  "Oh no, webadict, you need to use your Simplify on them!  We'll vote someone else instead."  This one really just makes the Town confused, angry, and scared, which is good for you!  People overthink really hard in this game.

Those are my suggestions.

I don't really have a good view in my head of the fakeclaim space, and that's made harder when someone claims knowing the exact text of what I did. I never really suspected that Max was anti-town, though, maybe I could have tried a little harder to push him if I'd considered that a possibility. Then his flip would show that he probably wasn't lying about me, though, since SK is also anti-mafia.
Sometimes, you just need one more Day.  If you're not willing to fakeclaim, then it gets harder.  But, Mafia in BYORs is very much a game where the more you fakeclaim, the easier it gets.  Look at how confused everyone was on Day 5 trying to figure out what was going on.  Sometimes, miracles happen!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 04, 2024, 08:03:27 pm »

Given that you were caught because of the pre-game business about flavor between you and Lenglon, too, you could also have thrown Lenglon totally under the bus by saying that, while you obviously love Gate of Dreams, you didn't actually use it for your role so Lenglon probably did (and was projecting earlier). This might get you lynched D3, but might not if you can then argue that anyone else might have referenced it or even that Fallacy might just give someone that reference for fun. Of course, in this case, it turns out Lenglon was still kind of on your team, but a lynched mally is still better for you than a lynched mafioso.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 207