Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79109 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2940 on: January 02, 2024, 08:42:01 pm »

Well, that was fun.

Traditionally, the day is extended if some big event happens really close to the end, so I'm holding out hope, otherwise, good night.

Well, yes, but you just got hammered, now that I've processed Secretdorf losing all their votes.

Quote from: Votebox
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (0):
Jim Groovester (1): Maximum Spin
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (7): The Canadian kitten, ToonyMan, hector13, Elephant Parade, Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Lenglon
Secretdorf (1): Imp
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

5 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (0):

Quote from: Designationbox
Elephant Parade (0):
hector13 (0):
Imp (1): Secretdorf
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (0):
Secretdorf (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):

Not Designating (0):

Maximum Spin looks up from where he's playing with some oddly named collectable cards. "Look, are you really thinking of executing me? Can't you see how Esteemed I am? All my actions are explained. I'm the towniest of all of you -"

That's about as far as he gets before just about all of you decide you've had enough and bury him in votes. Secretdorf, meanwhile, is chanting ominously in the corner, and glaring at Imp.

Maximum Spin has been executed. Maximum Spin was a Serial Killer.

Quantum Macroshaper (Serial Killer)
(Auto) String Theory: Everything is connected, and only you can see it. Each Night, you may choose a player. Actions targeting you that Night are redirected to them, and vice versa. However, if a kill action is redirected via this ability, the player it would kill is protected. You also gain a (Temporary 1, Free) copy of any action redirected.
(Night) Spooky Action [target1][target2]: A butterfly flaps its wings, and a kingdom falls. Any action used on one of your targets is copied to your other target. You also gain a (Temporary 1, Free) copy of any action copied.
(3-Shot, Superfree, Night) Demon Box [action]: You perpetually unobserve an unstable object. Choose a copied action you possess, and remove any number of modifiers of your choice from it.
(1-Shot, Night) Redshift Room []: Time is a form of light, and what is said to be present is actually past. This Night, you may use every action you have previously lost, once each. Additionally, you cannot be roleblocked, redirected, or have your abilities Disabled, this Night.
(Free, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.
(Temporary 1, Free, Night) Courting the Esteemed [target]: You trap your target in an endless, frustrating web of words. Their targets are randomized to random players that do not possess Court of the Esteemed. While catching them in your web, you learn whether or not they possess Esteemed of the Court. If they don’t, they gain it, if they do, they lose it.
(Temporary 1, Free, Night) Haunting Void [target]: You haunt your target with feline tread, a black-furred void. You learn their alignment. If they use a kill action or visit you, you kill them.
(Reference, Modifier) Superfree: More free than Free. This action may be used any number of times per valid phase without counting towards your actions-per-phase limit.
(Reference, Modifier) Temporary X: This ability is destroyed after X Cycles have passed since its creation.

Secretdorf has finished compressing their votes into a designation, which they promptly hurl at Imp, whose eyes widen in shock before the designation pierces her heart.

Imp was killed. Imp was Town.

The Concept of Simplicity (Town)
(Innate, Auto) The Bad Guys Win: Why is everyone always after what you’ve got? If you are ever killed by a player with the alignment of Mafia, Pirate, or Serial Killer, all your Item abilities are transferred to them. Additionally, any scum teams that exist gain a (Factional, Info) with the full text of this ability.
(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.
(Auto) Contractual Niceness: You are required to maintain a calm and kind demeanor during the Day and in private chats. If you violate this condition, Don’t Worry About It will be Disabled until you follow this condition for a full Day. You are encouraged to take breaks from the game whenever you feel like you need to.
(Night) Basic Inspect [target]: You learn your target’s alignment.
(1-Shot, Night) Simplify [target]: Your target’s role loses all abilities.

Secretdorf's eyes widen in a similar shock. "I-impossible..." they utter, before their heart collapses exactly as Imp's did.

Secretdorf was killed. Secretdorf was Town.

The Hundred Holes Heavenly Votebox (Town)
(Auto) Dao of Votes: The way to the Heavenly Green is lined with a hundred slots for votes to descend. By meeting certain conditions, you may gain votes permanently. If you ever have more than seven votes, temporary or permanent, your cultivation is unbalanced, and you immediately die.
-Heaven’s Par: If a player is executed and the number of votes on them is seven or under, you gain a vote permanently.
-Karmatic Box: If you make a good-faith effort, and provide an unofficial vote count within a given Day when one is called for, you gain a vote permanently. This may only trigger once per Day.
(Night) Line Driver [target]: You use your club and cleave votes from the unworthy! You steal all your target’s votes for the next Day. If they die during the next Day, the theft is permanent.
(1-Shot, Day) Demonic Vote-Eating Technique []: You reject the Green. You lose all your votes, and can never gain any more. You gain one designation, which is used by naming a player in bold purple. If a player is designated at the end of the Day, after the execution, you and the designated player are both killed.

Crystalizedmire is looking at the proceedings in shock (much the same as the rest of you).

Crystalizedmire has been unbanished. (This occurred when Maximum Spin died.)

Despite all of that, the game continues.

Night 5 has begun. Night 5 will end at 8 PM Central time, Wednesday January 3rd, 2024.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (7 / 18) - Night 5 - Rage With / Against The Machine
« Reply #2941 on: January 03, 2024, 08:53:54 pm »

Processing Night actions.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: January 03, 2024, 10:22:24 pm »

Elephant Parade seems to be experiencing a terminal case of bleedout.

Elephant Parade was killed. Elephant Parade was Town.

Bulletproof Miller Vigilante Mason (Town)
(2-Shot, Item, Auto) Bulletproof Vest: Not exactly what you had in mind, but it’ll do the job just fine. You will survive any kill used on you.
(Auto) Multi-Miller: Exactly as expected, but a bit more far-reaching. You and any players you are part of a private chat with alignment inspect as Mafia.
(Night) Vigilante Takedown [target]: Turns out this vigilante stuff is a lot harder than anticipated. You follow your target and knock them out, roleblocking them. You may also choose to give them the 'Attached Bomb' Status.
(Innate, Auto) Standard Mason: Okay, here you go. You are alignment-confirmed as Town to REDACTED. Additionally, your alignment cannot change, and you share a private chat with them. If you die, the player name of your partner will be REDACTED in your roleflip.
(Reference, Status) Attached Bomb: It’s a bomb! Might explode at some point.
(Reference, Modifier) Item: A player with an Item ability may give it to any player they share a private chat with. This is done during the Day, and resolves at the end of the Day.

The Canadian kitten seems to have a bullet in his heart.

The Canadian kitten was killed. The Canadian kitten was Town.

The Cat Came Back Wrong (Town)
(Auto) Astral Tabby: You live in death and die in life. You have free access to deadchat.
(Night) Haunting Void [target]: You haunt your target with feline tread, a black-furred void. You learn their alignment. If they use a kill action or visit you, you kill them.
(1-Shot, Night) Delve The Duat [target(dead)]: Beneath every grave, is a deeper truth. You learn what players visited your target on the phase they died.

Quote from: Votebox
Crystalizedmire (0):
hector13 (0):
Jim Groovester (0):
Lenglon (0):
ToonyMan (0):

No Execution (0):

3 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (5): hector13, Jim Groovester, Jim Groovester, Lenglon, ToonyMan

Crystalizedmire.

hector13.

Jim Groovester.

Lenglon.

ToonyMan.

Which of you stand against the Town?

Day 6 has begun. You are encouraged to vote carefully. Day 6 will end at 9:30 PM Central time, Friday January 5th, 2023.

You may now post.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: January 03, 2024, 10:23:16 pm »

I am confirmed town, you will all shut up and follow my direction.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: January 03, 2024, 10:24:19 pm »

Lenglon, claim your track first.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: January 03, 2024, 10:27:09 pm »

After that, I want to hear from Crystalizedmire and ToonyMan, and then hector13 will claim.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (5 / 18) - Day 6 - Final Exam
« Reply #2946 on: January 03, 2024, 10:27:31 pm »

Jim, I tracked Crystalizedmire. They visited me last night. Since I had no other results, I believe it was probably an inspect.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: January 03, 2024, 10:30:04 pm »

Excellent.

Crystalizedmire, I will need your full claim, so do not omit any details.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: January 03, 2024, 10:34:26 pm »

I am here. Do you want me to claim now Jim?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: January 03, 2024, 10:35:28 pm »

Please do.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: January 03, 2024, 10:40:37 pm »

Jim, I tracked Crystalizedmire. They visited me last night. Since I had no other results, I believe it was probably an inspect.
Nonsense. I attempted to infest Jim Groovester last night. (Infest is an action that allows me to randomly apply infestation onto a targets abilities. It also gives me information on tge infested ability)
she/her

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: January 03, 2024, 10:41:48 pm »

Nonsense. I attempted to infest Jim Groovester last night. (Infest is an action that allows me to randomly apply infestation onto a targets abilities. It also gives me information on tge infested ability)
What did you learn?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: January 03, 2024, 10:42:10 pm »

Excellent.

But I also need your full claim of all your abilities, and what days and nights you used them.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: January 03, 2024, 10:42:33 pm »

What did you learn?
Nothing. It failed.
she/her

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: January 03, 2024, 10:43:18 pm »

I used Radio Knife on Elephant Parade last night to kill him. My role-block also blocks any autos for that night, although I wasn't aware of that bulletproof auto at all.

I killed one of the masons because if they were Pirates then I was afraid we would lose the game, and I wasn't 100% convinced they were Town. I chose Elephant because of their role-block (in case they role-blocked me FoU told me it would come done to RNG at least) although I initially picked Jim because of their multiple votes.

I wasn't going to kill last night but Imp died so I felt it was necessary.

Hector and Jim are confirmed town in my eyes so I think scum have to be Lenglon/Crystal.

PPE:
Well there you go.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 207