Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79233 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #2070 on: December 30, 2023, 11:29:40 am »

Never mind, I just missed your reply.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: December 30, 2023, 11:55:53 am »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal: "Just a pit stop to find a survivor, don't mind me, not here long, anyone got a map or a survivor?"
What precisely does this mean? Do you think I'm looking too much towards others?

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal:

I have a reason not to be extremely explicit.  You and everyone can read all the words in the thread.  That is my summary of my read of you, equivalent of my read of everyone else personalized to you.

How I would interpret what I said if I were not the speaker:

Esteemed Imp may think you are a survivor-hunter, or otherwise more interested in finding third parties than 'usual'.  That worthy has placed you in a 'not sure what to think' category, so may not be sure what to think about you.

As to your other question, "Do you think I'm looking too much towards others?" - oh wow, heck no!

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal, very, very few possible alignments can win without looking towards others, a lot.  Maybe a survivor (maroon) could get away with that, but they'd stand out.

The other possible alignments:
Town (green)
Mafia (red)
Other scum team (red)
Serial Killer (navy)
anything-ally (orange, maybe something-orange)
anything-hunter (cornflowerblue, maybe something-cornflowerblue)
cult (purple)

All the rest of the rainbow has to look towards others.  Their wincons lie in looking into others.

I still think your wincon is acceptable to mine, that is, I do not think you are anti-town.  But I don't know what to think about you.  The more I see that I think I understand of your goal-seeking behavior, the more comfortable with you I'll become.

I confirm I have not observed you do anything that I believe to be done for anti-town reasons.

That includes your decision to roleblock me and mark me N1.  Seen from what appears believably to be your viewpoint, that's a reasonable action for you to take, based on both your claims and the evidence we have about you, for that to be town-aligned or neutral-aligned (for example, survivor-hunter) play.  I also strongly approve of your decision not to roleblock Esteemed Lenglon and the reasons you gave.  Some have mentioned they don't see the point of that - I state I see the point of that, and am extremely glad you decided not to roleblock, and accept that you decided to mark that one.  I'm not sure of them either, and your reasoning makes sense to me.  I also state I see reason for you to roleblock me N1, instead of leaving me free to do whatever - it's believable 'not anti-town' play to me.

For all of those reasons, I'm content with you being in play past D4, and lean towards wanting you still in play, though I do not know what to think of you.  I strongly encourage you to play towards your wincon, directly and boldly.  I am.  I confirm again, I am town and my wincon is a town win.  So I will be pretty happy with everyone I think is playing towards the town wincon, however direct or devious that is.

Esteemed notquitethere, are you willing to say more about this?
I'd be happy eliminating BlackHeartKabal in particular.

I remember reading or maybe even being part of a game where there was an arsonist.  Yes, I have something like PTSD from that, whether it happened or not, but happily I'm all calm and kind.  Is that the reason why?  Is that the only reason why?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: December 30, 2023, 12:01:33 pm »

If Esteemed Knightwing64 doesn’t post can we have a modkill? He hasn’t been on in two days, which is how long the days are now. Can’t be having that.

Esteemed hector13, if you are more than speculating here, you likely need to use the Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist's name and enlarge it too.

I don't know your preference, just mentioning in case you didn't think of it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: December 30, 2023, 12:11:12 pm »

Okay let's tie it 4-4

Secretdorf

See what happens.

If we went to the end of the day and nobody did anything (uh-huh, that's gonna happen, not).

I think Esteemed Knightwing64 is more likely to be town than anti-town.  For that reason I would not, myself switch my vote to them, or switch my vote off of Esteemed Secretdorf.

I favor an elimination, but I will never favor an elimination I believe is incorrect.  I'll take a maybe correct elimination, but I think it's the holidays and players may legitimately have some extra challenges to their availability now.

Given all factors, if entire decision was in my hands (And I know and am glad it's not) if that was what I faced, I'd take the tie.  Because we do have inspects and I suspect Esteemed Knightwing64 is our banisher of CrystalizedMire, and while that's a very meaningful action to take, it's not much worse than Esteemed Elephant Parade's repeat roleblock, as Esteemed CrystalizedMire is fairly high on my scum reads.

While the power to banish is huge, I don't object to the target.  I'm also not certain that I am right about the cause/source of the banishment of Esteemed CrystalizedMire today.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: December 30, 2023, 12:32:09 pm »

Availability issues are one thing; missing an entire 48-hour day is another. Besides, KW is an infamous lurker.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: December 30, 2023, 12:41:29 pm »

(...)

I wanted to mark them, but then I figured that they'd be lynched soon, and it was a waste of a mark and commentary following that logic. I thought that letting someone sit by and build up votes with their almost mercenary attitude regarding us would be a foregone conclusion to lynch them, so I just figured "this will sort itself out, I can factor out Secretdorf regarding my theories and focus on potential leads after the death of Secretdorf." I presumed too much thinking ahead and lost track of the present. Accordingly, we're "behind time", so to say, regarding their elimination.

The fact that they remind me of how I won the last game I was in as a third party also has me extremely on edge with them to begin with, but it's not like I can make a judgment on them based on that alone. I should have just used my words instead of operating on an assumption I thought was so utterly inevitable that I could consider it to be a future set in stone.

Apart from the above, I thought I got it across in the two mentions of Secretdorf that you're quoting that they're a suspect to me.

(...)
This is plausible, especially given your low postcount, and the second mention does imply Secretdorf is relatively high on your list. I don't follow your logic re: Secretdorf's lynch being a foregone conclusion—didn't a lot of people townread them for non-role-related reasons, implying that they wouldn't be lynched no matter how many votes they grabbed?—but I still mostly buy it; Secretdorf probably isn't just a wagon of convenience for you. I still think you could be an SK.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 30, 2023, 12:52:07 pm »

Also, if you marked Lenglon, doesn't that mean she might not have targeted you with her inspect? Are you still confident that Lenglon targeted her, MaximumSpin?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 30, 2023, 12:52:52 pm »

MOD, please prod Knightwing64, with all available methods, including being a dick to him on Discord.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 30, 2023, 01:05:52 pm »

Wait a second. This doesn't make any sense. BHK, you've claimed to be auto-roleblocked by anyone living visiting you (with a possible flavor exception?). If Lenglon really visited you, you shouldn't have been able to action her. Even if her visit somehow didn't roleblock you, she should have gotten two stacks of Marked by Death: one from visiting you and one from your mark action. (I say this because FoU says my bomb status stacks despite additional stacks having no practical effect. It's possible Marked by Death works differently, but I doubt it.) So either Lenglon didn't roleblock you and Marked by Death doesn't stack, or we've made a mistake somewhere.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 30, 2023, 01:10:21 pm »

There's no question of it in my mind. Esteemed BHK was one of Esteemed Lenglon's targets. I admit I am using the dreaded skill of inference here, but I have really good reason to think so.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 30, 2023, 01:20:36 pm »

OK, then this is wack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 30, 2023, 01:24:06 pm »

Well, if Esteemed Knightwing64 is a potential modkill there’s no point leaving my vote there.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 30, 2023, 01:25:06 pm »

For the record, I don't think either FoU or the OP say anything about modkills. It would be sweet and fair if it happened, but I wouldn't count on it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 30, 2023, 01:26:50 pm »

I’ll wait to see what Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist has to say about it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 30, 2023, 01:51:53 pm »

I've been pretty sick since last night. I don't think I can contribute anything else today.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 207