Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Feeding a monster  (Read 630 times)

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Feeding a monster
« on: July 27, 2007, 04:24:00 am »

Ive been sending horribly trained adventurers and drunks to their dooms to one cave with a now notorious giant toad named Catpaints (what?) in the hopes of him becoming so strong that not even a serious attack could defeat him. Is this possible? Or am i just making a really bloody cave for nothing.

Also i didnt notice this before but there was another named giant toad in there i was feeding, i didnt catch his name because i accidentally cut his stomach open and killed him instantly, i guess it was Catpaints' brother because then Catpaints became enraged at all enemies and bit my head off.

[ July 27, 2007: Message edited by: ColonelTEE3 ]

[ July 27, 2007: Message edited by: ColonelTEE3 ]

Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding a monster
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 12:21:00 pm »

Hey, this is a cool idea.. let us know how it goes.

Also, talk to the local villagers and see if they have heard of Catpaints. I know that they learn the names of sentient creatures that murder humans, but I don't know if they'd do the same for animals.

Dreamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 02:34:00 pm »

Murderous animals are often the most intelligent: I heard a story about a pair of tigers in India (I think) that would drag sleeping victims out of their tents and far away from the camp so their screams wouldn't wake the others.

I think it'd be cool to give sufficiently intelligent monsters some form of intelligence...  Using weapons, or levers, or some such.  Could be fun.

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲/
◄Nothing Beats Menacing►
/▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼\

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 10:21:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
<STRONG>Murderous animals are often the most intelligent: I heard a story about a pair of tigers in India (I think) that would drag sleeping victims out of their tents and far away from the camp so their screams wouldn't wake the others.</STRONG>

Sounds like Ghost and the Darkness, but that was about two lions in Africa.

A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »

I kept doing this and now it seems theres 2 more giant toads, wintersmiles and some other one with a long long name because he ate 5 of my adventurers. Some of the mud men and lizard men were getting names too but they died fast to the next adventurers. I think i am making these giant toads stronger, and in my mind i always pretend Catpainted is the boss of them because hes always the last one i see enter before i die, like im being devoured by lizardmen and mudmen and toads and then the big message "Catpainted : ..." appears, but he just watches me get eaten alive.
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat