Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is Santa Claus a snatcher?  (Read 1377 times)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is Santa Claus a snatcher?
« on: November 21, 2023, 07:34:03 pm »

*points to title*

I mean, he is carrying a sack around all of the time…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Is Santa Claus a snatcher?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 09:07:00 am »

Goblin Christmas implies Goblin Claus, though he might be an overlord rather than a snatcher.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 09:13:05 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 01:23:51 pm »

I honestly doubt it just because I imagine he probably knows better than to edge in on Krampus's territory...  :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 04:52:35 am »

I'd think he'd be the opposite since he sneaks in and leaves stuff behind rather than takes it away.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 12:13:55 pm »

I'd think he'd be the opposite since he sneaks in and leaves stuff behind rather than takes it away.

Whereas the Grinch is a kobold.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 03:44:03 pm »

this is a fun creature concept. "A small, bearded humanoid with an enormous belly found in Arctic Good Biomes. Known for sneaking into fortresses and leaving artifacts and toys."

they would path to nearest containers or pedestals and place objects.

Randomizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2023, 09:30:09 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Traditionally, he would also carry a birch rod (Dutch: roe), a chimney sweep's broom made of willow branches, used to spank children who had been naughty. Some of the older Sinterklaas songs make mention of naughty children being put in Zwarte Piet's bag and being taken back to Spain. This part of the legend refers to the times that the Moors raided the European coasts, and as far as Iceland, to abduct the local people into slavery. This quality can be found in other companions of Saint Nicholas such as Krampus and Père Fouettard.[9] In modern versions of the Sinterklaas feast, however, Zwarte Piet no longer carries the roe and children are no longer told that they will be taken back to Spain in Zwarte Piet's bag if they have been naughty.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 01:48:46 am »

I've always felt that kids wouldn't be such little bastards if they thought Santa would beat the shit out of them.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2023, 05:17:35 am »

Fact: the children unlucky enough to be snatched by Santa are immediately imprisoned in his workshop and forced to make toys. Haven't you ever wondered where he gets his "elves" from?
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2023, 10:30:30 am »

Fact: the children unlucky enough to be snatched by Santa are immediately imprisoned in his workshop and forced to make toys. Haven't you ever wondered where he gets his "elves" from?

So he's a type of night troll that turns children into elves?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2023, 04:42:26 pm »

So he's a type of night troll that turns children into elves?

Which, let's be honest, is an even worse fate than becoming another night troll.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2023, 03:54:16 am »

Truly a fate worst than death.

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 11:51:13 am »

*points to title*

I mean, he is carrying a sack around all of the time…

Umm... yes.

Although, hypothetically, the snatching behavior would need to only target Elf civs during world gen.

Otherwise, the Santa Claus would act much like a semi megabeast, who paths into your fortress, like a normal attack trigger event.

He'd also have a defend AI intetaction, which spawns random value items. Thus rendering him as a vulnerable big red pinata in fort mode, who attacks your fortress with presents. Who might also occasionally steal Dwarven children, due to a bug.

To ensure accuracy though, Santa may need to be treated as a Dwarven snatcher noble, who continually spawns presents.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 04:45:57 pm »

Krampus is the the snatcher.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2023, 06:36:55 pm »

Pretty sure its established that the ambushers/invaders goblins are the santas as they give us goblinite on goblin christmas.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 06:45:56 pm by Findulidas »
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...