Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Roll to Quest: Land of the Crate.  (Read 13924 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Quest: Land of the Crate.
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2024, 08:39:13 pm »

"I wonder where this leads!"

Continue to be a fancy hat.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2024, 10:32:06 am »

Continue to stab in the gap.
she/her

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2024, 01:49:10 pm »

Gnwbimbar resists the urge to follow it onto the elevator.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2024, 04:19:30 am »

Xin: Charge at robot with greatsword
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2024, 05:08:26 am »

Well, that worked.

I walk close to the box but make sure to not touch it, and renew my gravity reduction. If (and only if) it worked, then I'll try to jump over the box without touching it. If I do end up touching it I immediately get off it and away from it as fast as I can, but if possible I'd like to regroup with my teammates.

Most of your teammates are well ahead of you, close to the hexa-bot.  You settle down and try to regain psuedo-flight, by reducing your weight.

(3+2) (9+3)  Not this time.  Ahri feels the spell misfire, shooting out behind her before she can gather and shape the energy into one effect.  It arcs up into the sky, hitting nothing but air.  While the fighting is going down, she's stuck outside the cratewall.. unless she climbs the staircase right there.

Continue to stab in the gap.

Xin: Charge at robot with greatsword

Yes.  That.  Assist the murderbear.

(Automatic hit) (4+4) (12 vs 10+12, 22) (8 vs 4+10, 14)

Stabbing in the gap doesn't seem to do much more.  The leg is disabled, and stabbing up is blocked by a fresh steel barrier with little leverage in.  Indeed, the top of the joint seems more fortified than the rest of the robot.

..But if you take out a second leg, the robot will fall, unable to continue walking.  Moving on up, Terinas stabs at the front leg, and begins tearing away a second gap, making progress.  The greasy oil/blood stuff makes this quite disgusting, but progress is being made.

(1+6)

Xin is a little late to the party, and can only manage one attack.  If he wasn't undead, he'd be huffing and puffing.  As is, he is chugging away juggling his weapons as he closes the ground less than optimally.

(2+1)

Still, he's just in time to make a sliding two-handed stab at the damaged front leg.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of oil on the ground, and the dullahan gets tangled up in the broken leg, sword coming about a foot away from scoring a hit.

(Berzerker bonus applies.  Combat now at +2.)

"I wonder where this leads!"

Continue to be a fancy hat.

Gnwbimbar resists the urge to follow it onto the elevator.

It is perhaps a good idea to not follow it on the elevator.  As it rises into position, it isn't unoccupied.  On it are two more hexabots, each slightly smaller than the missilebot.

They look dangerous.  Each one has two extra limbs out the front, ending in round thin disks which can only be buzzsaws.  Very fast, surprisingly quiet, buzzsaws.  Their legs are thinner than the heavy, chunky ones on the missilebot, but they are still metallic and look strong.  Their tops aren't smooth, with steel loops sticking out at multiple locations on top of them.

The missilebot hasn't walked onto the elevator yet.  Perhaps it's waiting for the two sawbots to get off the platform?  There's certainly space for all three of them, but proximity to the sawbots looks hazardous.

Spoiler: Ahrian (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terinas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gnwbimbir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noodles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2024, 04:30:39 pm »

calm down, take your time, do it right.

I take a couple moments to slowly breathe and steady myself, then Attempt to renew my gravity reduction once more.

If I'm successful, then I'll jump over the box wall once again. Still trying to avoid touching it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2024, 11:47:37 pm »

"Oohoohoo! Thrice as many machines means triple the useful scrap!"

Throw an adhesive at one of the buzzsaws to jam the mechanism.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 11:53:36 pm by Wolfkey »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2024, 11:42:13 pm »

Wave cheerfully to the sawbots, who are clearly only interested in industry and the betterment of all. Keep riding the missilebot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 07, 2024, 08:02:37 am »

Keep stabbing
she/her

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 07, 2024, 08:46:21 pm »

"...Oh.  I see."

Sheath weapons.  Climb atop the missile robot.  Wait.

Check what the hexacopter's doing.

The missilebot doesn't resist you, and you climb aboard.  The squid waves jauntily at you.

Hexacopter.. is it a hexacopter when it doesn't have legs?  Well, that name will do as well as any other.  It's just floating there, in the air above you.. doing nothing.

Upon looking up, you notice that your pants are no longer on your head.  They're missing.  Fortunately, you've been undead long enough that you remain mostly family-friendly.

calm down, take your time, do it right.

I take a couple moments to slowly breathe and steady myself, then Attempt to renew my gravity reduction once more.

If I'm successful, then I'll jump over the box wall once again. Still trying to avoid touching it.

(11+2)

This time the spell catches, you lighten yourself, and you leap over the crate, slowly and gently.  You're still a long way away from the middle, but you have successfully crossed the barrier without touching it.

"Oohoohoo! Thrice as many machines means triple the useful scrap!"

Throw an adhesive at one of the buzzsaws to jam the mechanism.

(12+2)

(4)(10)

There's nothing immediately apparent, but..  well, you nick Xin's pantshat and throw it at the nearby buzzsaw.  This works out great, as the pants wrap around the buzzsaw, causing a horrible whining sound, and getting properly stuck.  After a few moments, one of the buzzsaw bot's buzz arm begins smoking, causing it to start cutting its arm off.. with the other buzzsaw.  It won't be doing anything for a while.

Wave cheerfully to the sawbots, who are clearly only interested in industry and the betterment of all. Keep riding the missilebot.

One hexacutter steps off the elevator.  Then, the missilebot walks over to it's place, right next to the second buzzsaw bot.  That one does seem to be looking at you, raising its buzzsaws happily.  Behind you, Gnwbimbir does something to the other bot which causes it to start whining.

Keep stabbing

The damaged missilebot or the new buzzcutter robot?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2024, 10:48:30 am »

I look over at the multiple giant mechs, and at my companions riding them, in a mixture of confusion, amusement, and concern. Still, if Ì want to realistically help them, I need to close the distance, and so I hurry as best I'm able, despite the drag of my current state.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 11:24:09 am by Lenglon »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2024, 11:17:57 am »

Keep stabbing

The damaged missilebot or the new buzzcutter robot?
Missile bot
she/her

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2024, 12:07:51 pm »

(Automatic Hit) (12+4) (2+8) (9 vs 4+6) (4 vs 5+4)

Terinas tears away at the hole, revealing the internals of the joint, the ends of the hydraulic actuators and manages to crack one of the flat metal bits encasing the actual round spheres making up the upper joint of the second limb.

It turns out the inside is two round sleeves, and it is now visible and you can see the cracked casing leaking oil.  But for now it's just moving around, still barely functional.

The damaged missilebot makes it onto the elevator, which starts going down.  For the moment, any of you on the elevator can jump off.  It is being shared by the damaged missilebot and a fresh buzzsaw bot that seems to be eyeing the Questers riding said robot eagerly, despite not having eyes.

The second bot is finishing up with its arm cut, near to Gnwbimbar.  Ahrian is quite a ways away, having just crossed the crate wall.

Spoiler: Terinas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gnwbimbir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Xin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Noodles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party Inventory (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:27:54 pm by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11