Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Slaves to the darkness, a 40k SG.  (Read 3993 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to the darkness, a 40k SG.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2023, 03:35:34 am »

1:Sneak away on a ship to a distant world.
There rumours of a rebellion on a distant world and this ship is headed that way.

(Roll 3)

Sticking close behind a large group of pilgrims you approach the shuttle and enter the crowded passenger bay.
Your tech preist garments and followers give you an air of authority and rank , so you find a seat easily.

With a great rubble the shuttle lifts off and takes you to the great hanger aboard the ship.
Its a Havoc-class Merchant Raider, haveing long seen better days, the air stinks of fumigation powders as you enter the hanger bay.
The hanger bay is a hive of activity, mountains of cargo are piled high as gangs of slave stevedores move like human ants, pilgrims and traders walk side by side with troopers and voids men.

In the disorder you slip away from the thongs of people  and down in to a under used area, an old power relay tunnel.
With a few supply's you set down to wait, wait for splinting of reality when the warp drive stabs the ship like a needle thru the warp.

The warp jump is a pain full one, the drive starts with a stutter, kicking you back a forth in and out of the warp.
But finally it enters the warp and stays true, the ships Gellar fields hold firm and after less then 3 full days your spat back in to the real world half way across the sub-sector from your start.

Its easier to exit the ship then it was to board it, for the ship's tariffs are collected before boarding.
And soon your standing on the sands of Tranat VI.

Tranat VI is a world much like any other, some fools think that world are all ice or all sand but most worlds are a mix.
By reading your weathered map on the planet and listening to the vox coms your able to work out the areas held by the rebels.

After considering your next move you:

1: Head to the rebel camp.

2: Set about sabotage of imperial assets.   

3: Try to infiltrate the imperial forces

Followers
Spoiler:  Workshop lackeys (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2023, 03:51:55 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2023, 11:37:10 am »

I guess its 1 then, update will be tomorrow or the day after.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2023, 06:35:22 pm »

2: SABOTAGE!

Just so there is more than one vote, LOL

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2023, 08:03:18 pm »

King Zultan i'm, not going mad here, you did change your post?

well its 2: the sabotage of imperial assets. 

Second did GW just love useing random odd an dice back them, have you ever even seen a 1000 sided dice?
The random tables are recursive and looping too.
-----------------

As it would be unlikely for you to be welcomed with open arms by the rebels based on your word alone, you set out to prove your self, an act of sabotage.

The space port has multiple storages and warehouses, but what you settle on is the promethium storage.   

The walls to the promethium storage are huge, a meter thick by over three meters high and made of solid concrete.
By normal means unbreachable, but melta guns are not the normal means.
With a hiss the ultra hot beams cut the concrete, molten concrete drips from top of the hole as you enter the promethium storage area.

You and your workers blend in to the work gang's, semi slave crews that don't have the will to care as you move thru the maize of pipes and tanks.

You soon reach the control centre, the servitors are blind to you and its easy to rewire them slightly, that's all it takes for the storage to become a massive promethium bomb.
Quickly you leave the  storage tanks behind and head to the hills, a vantage point to see the chaos unfurl.

The promethium storage explodes with a blast the blackens the sky and shakes the ground, even from the distance you can feel the heat of a thousand burning units.

As dark oily smoke rises you head deeper in to the hill after the rebels.
You don't have to wait long until they find you first, from behind a rock a young woman in ragged camo jumps out, levelling a doubled barrelled shotgun at you.

You are taken to a rebel camp, a cave higher up the hills.

As your introduced to the group in a smoke filled cave, you can feel the eyes of the god on you.

In the corner trying to hide in a cloak is a woman.

There are agents, agents told of the darkness an of the ruinous powers, agents tasked to fight it in its endless forms.
But not all of them are truly strong enough to resist it's siren call.
Inquisitors fall often to the lure of chaos and before you is one such agent.

Inquisitor Leia Marple Scully

She has already they have fallen to the gods will, a fact that is clear to see by there body.
half hidden under the rags you can see large ugly warts covering her skin.
on her back is a set of stubby little wings, there far to small to be of use.

She bows to your status in the eyes of the chaos gods, swearing her self as your follower.

As the god have reward you they seek like wise reward your followers, if you had a choice maybe you could direct there gifts.
You watch as your lackys have there arms burst open, thick slimy tentacles replace there limbs.

The camp fires smoke shifts and you can see Slaanesh offering you some thing, a choice but have not graspted it yet.

As drawn rises you start to plan your next move.

(Pick your second reward is a deamon weapon or a magic item.)

1: Raid a prison.
2: Assassinate a imperial officer.
3: Assult an imperial base.
4: build some thing useing your Heretek skills.

---------------------------

Followers

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 08:27:12 pm by Funk »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2023, 11:30:13 pm »

d1000 is easy, just roll three d10s as the digits

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2023, 02:12:46 am »

Murdering an imperial officer sounds fun, lets do that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 12:51:01 pm »

your choice on magic item or weapon?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2023, 02:17:21 am »

Lets get a magic item!

King Zultan i'm, not going mad here, you did change your post?
Forgot to mention it but I had not edited that post.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2023, 11:26:20 pm »

magic item
ok the magic item are not a random table, in fact there's  Slaanesh 1 item in the book, the dildo- Rod of command. 
demon weapons? Theres a table of the kind of weapon, tables an tables for the demon , tables for random demons, multiple effects of the demons on the weapon.

-----------

As you gather your things you finds an item you have never seen before, nor anything like it.
It's a short rod of carved bone, one end is still the joint of some fearsome beast.
You run your finger down the carvings, there scenes of man and beast in lustfull debauchery of every kind , the scenes shift move with every viewing, mocking at attempt to catalogue them.
You know on touch that this is a gift, a reward from Slaanesh, with it you can command and order the minds of the lesser.

Murdering an imperial officer sounds fun, lets do that.

With the rod stored away you set about the murder of an imperial officer.

The rebels have set up an ambush, on a mountain road, so its easy for you and your men to wait, hidden covered fox holes.

You an hear the engines of the imperial convey approaching closer.
At the right moment a large bolder is pushed down and a land slide started, you can hear the sound of tumbleing rock , rocks of steel and the squeal of rubber as brakes lock up.

Leapin up from your covered hideing place you find a trio of walkers.
There crude things, not war machines but labour machines.
From each of them two men open fire with heavy stub guns.
The shots shatter the rocks and kick up dust as you dive back in to your hole.
With your face pressed to the rock you consider what to do:

1:Run for the hills!
2:Stand and fight!
3:Cleaver plan (write details plz)

Followers

[/quote]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2023, 05:22:16 am »

Can the rod of command make people do things or is it for animals?

If we can command people with it I say we make one of the guys on the walker shoot his fellows.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2023, 09:55:01 am »

Can the rod of command make people do things or is it for animals?

If we can command people with it I say we make one of the guys on the walker shoot his fellows.
It does people too, getting them to turn on there others will be a hard roll, stunning them will be easyer.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2023, 02:11:27 am »

Then let us stun everyone then finish them off ourselves.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2023, 07:45:29 pm »

Sorry about the long time between up dates, i'm not been feeling the urge to write lately.
Partly as there a lot of book keeping with the rules,

Then let us stun everyone then finish them off ourselves.

As the stub bullets smash down around you sending up a cloud of dust and rock chipping, you reach for the rod.
You fingers work there way down its carvings and you aim it at the gunner, focusing your mind you try to force your will on to him.

His mind fights back, you can feel his thoughts crude an ugly "Kill! Kill! Kill for the emperor!"

As a score of bullets fell one of followers, X jumps in to action, fireing her bolter back, the missiles rip in to the walker and blast ragged holes in the pilot.

The machine staggers side ways, its crew scrambling for the controls, but before they can move it one of your follower manages to open fire with his melta gun, the walker falls as the leg is half vaporised by the beam of ultra heat.

You stare at the second and third walkers, they slowly turning away, fearing your war-bands powerfull anti weapons.

Useing the rod again, you find that the gunner's mind is clouded by panic and fear, for the blink of an eye you gain control of the left hand gunner, its just time enough for you to swing the heavy stubgun on to target.,
With a burst of gunfire one walker turns on there other, the powerfull rounds of the heavy stubber shatter the cockpit of the walker closest to you.

Then the shooting stops, the final walker spasm and staggers like a drunk man before it exploded from the inside.

Victorious but aware that more and better armed troops will soon becoming you quickly check over the walkers for the imperial officer.
You find him in the last walker, he's been killed by a gut full of hand grenade shrapnel.

Quickly you head back to the hills and the rebel camp.
As you climb the hills your warband, night falls and in the shadows your warband is joined by the ragged forms of beast men, 11 more followers.
There not twisted in to any single form but instead have a range of minor mutations.

Checking over your warband you find that your wounded man is only slightly injured and will soon be back on there feet.

-----------
Its reward time, you have two personal rewards  and 2 rewards for your followers, which units gets them?

Followers
Spoiler:  Beastmen squad (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2023, 02:45:38 am »

Give the workshop lackeys the award.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5