Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: DIYCCG - Team One  (Read 10199 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: DIYCCG - Team One
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2023, 07:46:27 am »

We need more non-Generic Mook Critters. And Godzilla should be a nice ace.

Quote from: vote box
(2)Twisted Hound: Jerick, Kashyyk
(2)Godzilla: Jerick, Kashyyk
(1)Treason: Jerick
(1)Acidmaw Gnawler: Kashyyk

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2023, 03:09:45 pm »

(3)Twisted Hound: Jerick, Kashyyk, a1s
(3)Godzilla: Jerick, Kashyyk, a1s
(1)Treason: Jerick
(1) Acidmaw Gnawler: Kashyyk
(1) Demolition: a1s
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2023, 04:24:18 pm »

Hmm Godzilla is 8 rads. Among the cards created so far I see some combo wombo going on to gain tea / rebellion / tokens / rads.

At first glance this worries me. A complicated combo is easy to disrupt, if you even draw the right cards in the first place (and fast enough to not just die to a more efficient deck). How often did the deck reach 8 rad before the end of the game, last round?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2023, 04:29:50 pm »

(3) Twisted Hound: Jerick, Kashyyk, a1s
(3) Godzilla: Jerick, Kashyyk, a1s
(1) Treason: Jerick
(2) Acidmaw Gnawler: Kashyyk, Fallacy
(1) Demolition: a1s

At first glance this worries me. A complicated combo is easy to disrupt, if you even draw the right cards in the first place (and fast enough to not just die to a more efficient deck). How often did the deck reach 8 rad before the end of the game, last round?
Oh, yeah no, the tea plantation -> factory -> mountain trivium is far too hard to set up and make use of

Just use some Old Reactors and Modern Reactors instead. The Mountain's tokens are at least good for fodder and feeding the Irradiated Wasteland, though.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 04:31:45 pm by FallacyofUrist »
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2023, 04:34:32 pm »

ok.. where are the card designs of Twisted Hound and Treason? Can't find them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2023, 04:40:00 pm »

Name: Twisted Hound
Cost: 0
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Colours: Green
Type: Critter - Mutant
Effects: Gains 10s and 5v every time rad is generated
Flavour Text: Each new mutation made it that little bit hungrier
Strength-Vitality: 20-15
Rarity: Common
My attempt at a card

Name: Treason
Cost: 1 rad
Image:
Type: Trick
Colour: red
Effect: pay X tea to take control of target critter, where X is its rad cost.
Flavour: Welcome to the right side of history
Rarity: Common
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2023, 04:43:46 pm »

How often did the deck reach 8 rad before the end of the game, last round?
This is going to be the first round.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2023, 04:52:58 pm »

Hmm Godzilla is 8 rads. Among the cards created so far I see some combo wombo going on to gain tea / rebellion / tokens / rads.

Keep in mind rads persist between turns so all you need to get enough for godzilla is to have two modern reactors for two turns without spending any rads. Because of green we've kind of gone crazy with rad generation but we don't have all that much spectacular to spend it on at the moment. That said we still haven't played against the enemy so we don't know what they've got.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 04:57:00 pm by Jerick »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2023, 05:26:34 pm »

Ok, how about this? I think it fits the theme.

Quote from: Vile Mutated Spore Colony
Trick
Cost: X rad

Create X green Spore tokens. Each Spore token has 10 strength and 20 vitality. When a Spore token dies, you gain 1 rad.
Spoiler: picture (click to show/hide)

edit: This card is meant to be flexible and serve as oil in the engine - it can both serve as a filler / build-up early, or as a killer card in the late game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 05:30:23 pm by Quarque »

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2023, 05:55:56 pm »

You're missing the colour (though it's pretty clear what that colour is :) ) and you're missing the rariety (Common, rare or unique).
Aside from that; that looks like a fantastic card. I love that as a side benefit it effectively can be used to re-trigger all the 'when you generate rad' effects.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2023, 05:59:01 pm »

Ah yes. Green.

I feel this would probably be a Rare card? Nuke, I could use a little input here.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2023, 02:33:56 am »

After reading the Balance section, I think that Godzilla is badly understatted. As proposed it it would have a starting stat total of 150, which is the baseline for a card costing 4 Rad. The baseline stat total for an 8 rad card is 100 more.

Of course it has some abilities, but those do not make up for it. We got to keep in mind that a card like this can be removed by a single, cheap, basic removal card so you shouldn't think about it like "hey if this survives for 5 turns it's growing massive." Because that will never happen.

So anyway, I think that making it 100/100 is perfectly fine. That is still understatting by 50 points (meaning that the effects are costing 2 rads).

About the spore colony, perhaps the spores would need to be 10/10?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2023, 03:11:47 am »

It is starting to dawn on me that the tea is just a second mana color in mtg terms. As such, I would like to adjust my proposal:

rare Trick
Color: green
Cost: X rad + Y tea

Create X + Y green Spore tokens. Each Spore token has 10 strength and 10 vitality. When a Spore token dies, you gain 1 rad.
Spoiler: picture (click to show/hide)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2023, 03:30:24 am »

It's worth noting that 'stat growth on Rad gain' has the potential to be extremely nutty.

Modern Reactor gives 1 Rad at the start of the turn and 1 Rad at the end of the turn. This isn't actually a nerf over 'gives 2 Rads at the start of the turn', given our synergies. It's a buff. Every single Rad gain trigger triggers 'stat growth on Rad gain'.

If we look at a case like '2 Old Reactors, 1 Modern Reactor' that's 4 triggers per turn, and that's easy enough to achieve.

Additionally, Polluted Wasteland and Mountain effectively grant X*Y (Wasteland count * Mountain count) individual Rad generations per turn, although the tokens created can't attack until the turn after they're created, so there's some minor windup.

The Wasteland and Mountain are both Common, too. While the Mountain will eventually go for a stroll and join the other team, it wouldn't help the enemy that much, especially with Godzilla's trample.

All in all, it would take us a good few turns to get to the point of having many Rad gain triggers per turn, but all those effects that go '+10 Strength, +10 Vitality, every time you gain a Rad' will quickly snowball to the point of massive durability and strength gain per turn.

All of which can be neutralized with clever effects, but rapidly growing bruisers are something, I guess.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2023, 03:36:59 am »

Ah yes. Green.

I feel this would probably be a Rare card? Nuke, I could use a little input here.
Rare could work, though a weaker version could be Common, and a stronger version Unique.

rare Trick
Color: green
Cost: X rad + Y tea

Create X + Y green Spore tokens. Each Spore token has 10 strength and 10 vitality. When a Spore token dies, you gain 1 rad.
Couple of things:
-if it's using Tea, it should probably be Red (Red/Green, I mean). Red also likes tokens, so that fits. If you can find a picture of a fungus wielding 19th-century equipment, it'd be perfect.
-which is the second thing, I'd want a picture for the tokens as well. And ideally both should be cropped/resized to 210x120 pixels.
-the spores generating Rads on death is hard to balance. I mean, it essentially renders this card free in terms of Rads spent over the long term.

After reading the Balance section, I think that Godzilla is badly understatted. As proposed it it would have a starting stat total of 150, which is the baseline for a card costing 4 Rad. The baseline stat total for an 8 rad card is 100 more.
It's worth noting that when balancing cards, I will give things a buff if necessary. I mentioned earlier that Godzilla would get a Vit buff.
(Also, unbalanced cards- in either direction- can get buffed/nerfed as a result of appeals)
Point being, while it is better to propose cards that are already balanced, the more important thing is the concept.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16