Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: DIYCCG - Team One  (Read 10231 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIYCCG - Team One
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2023, 11:24:18 am »

Assuming you mean the first batch, you missed it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=182174.msg8510599#msg8510599

Sorry, maybe I should've changed the thread title to make it more obvious.
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2023, 11:31:36 am »

I meant the second batch:

Mind-Link
Endless Bureaucracy
The Blood Engine
Redcoat Regiment
Whaling Ship
Battleship
Called Shooting
Eminent Domain

I noticed Eminent Domain got votes, even though there are no station nor locomotive cards.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2023, 12:02:23 pm »

Oh, in that sense. You don't need my approval to vote for cards. I gave a bunch of feedback on the first turn to give you an opportunity to sorta understand my thought process on balancing cards.
I may give feedback from time to time if I spot something noteworthy, and you can always ask me for feedback on a specific card (although I reserve the right to shrug). If you want feedback on all of those cards, you'll have to wait a bit (busy now).

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2023, 12:15:17 pm »

I noticed Eminent Domain got votes, even though there are no station nor locomotive cards.

I gave The Blood Engine the Locomotive subtype.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2023, 01:28:35 pm »

I've made a version 2 of Mind-Link, as controlling our Deck is pretty critical.
I'm hesitant to allow searching for 0, since it would make for a significant spike in consistency with little investment. This card would be more likely to fly if the 'one Rad to conceal what you fetched' was mandatory (ie the card costs 1 Rad and always conceals).

Name: Endless Bureaucracy
Effects: [other stuff]
If this card is destroyed or discarded it is returned to play under its owner's control
Regenerating indefinitely is one thing (a powerful thing), but "play for free if discarded" isn't something to just tack on to an already decent card.
Other than that, I think this could work. Rebellion Threshold of 4 is maybe a bit high, especially since nothing about the card forces you to use that last activation until it's too late for the opponent to do anything with it.

Name: The Blood Engine
Cost: 5 Rads
Effect:
At the end of each of your turns, you may destroy up to 3 of your Critters and place that many Blood Counters on this Sticky. If there are ever 10 or more Blood Counters on this Sticky, you win the game.
When this Sticky would be destroyed while there are 3 or more Blood Counters on it, remove 3 Blood Counters from it instead. If this Sticky is destroyed, you lose the game.
Rarity: Unique
This is fine, or maybe even underpowered. Your opponent has at least 3 turns to find an answer to it, it has a high Rad cost, and those ten tokens you sacrificed could've gone a long way to winning you the game anyway. The losing-the-game risk factor counterbalances the regen ability. I think I'd let this through as written, and can imagine buffing it after seeing it in action.

Name: Redcoat Regiment
Cost: 1 Rad
Color: Red
Type: Critter - Soldier
Effect:
At the beginning of your turn you may spend 1 tea, if you do not - add a rebellion counter on this card.
Rebellion Threshold 3
Strength-vitality: 50 - 50
Feels a bit hands-on for a Red critter- other than the tea upkeep it's just a bruiser. The Rebellion Threshold is a little high- you get 3 attacks without paying a single Tea, by which time if it isn't dead already you're probably winning by a fair margin.

Name: Whaling Ship
Cost: 0
Effect:
At the beginning of your turn you may spend 1 tea to gain 1 rad, if you do not - add a rebellion counter on this card.
Rebellion Threshold 3
Naval
Strength-vitality: 0 - 10
This is underpowered. It's basically a more vulnerable Sticky, and it costs Tea, and it has a Rebellion Threshold- it's much worse than Old Reactor.

Name: Battleship
Cost: 4
Effect:
Naval
Instead of attacking you may deal 20 damage directly to a critter or player
Strength-vitality: 80 - 70
This is quite strong. Naval is evasion and resilience combined, making it a potent force multiplier, and it has that artillery ability on top. 150 stats for 4 Rads is baseline, and while being Unique provides more potential to work with, not enough for this. I'd probably slash the Strength to 50 if this wound up on my desk- which would also make it feel more in tune with Black.

Name: Called Shooting
Cost: 0?
Colour: Pink
Effect: Each time You or a Critter you control deals damage this turn, instead of reducing Vitality, you may Destroy a target Sticky with Rad Cost no greater than Damage/10
This could have a very high ceiling... but I think I'd let it through without major changes- anticipating potentially having to rebalance it after seeing it in action.

Name: Eminent Domain
Was already discussed.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2023, 10:35:26 am »

Design Phase 2
TURNTURNTURN

I've decided that for this coming turn, I will process three cards instead of two.

One more combat-free turn. Pick your next three card designs.
Each player may submit up to one appeal, although without seeing the cards in action that seems a little premature.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2023, 11:59:40 am »

Probably should've clarified before the turn, but I assume Polluted Wasteland also affects our own Critters?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2023, 12:00:33 pm »

Probably should've clarified before the turn, but I assume Polluted Wasteland also affects our own Critters?
It does, yes.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2023, 12:15:58 pm »

Should probably do something like this then:

Name: Latent Mutation
Cost: 0 Rads
Image:
Type: Trick
Color: Pink
Effect:
 - Up to two Target Critters are considered Green for all further Effects, and gain the Mutant subtype
 - You may pay 1 Rad instead of using an Action to play this Card
 - If this Card is in your Graveyard, you may pay 1 Rad to immediately play it, and then Exile it from the Game
Flavor text: Some mutations have affects that are not easily noticed
Rarity: Rare

Edit to add:

Name: Field Hospital
Cost: 2 Rads
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
Type: Sticky
Colour: Pink
Effect:
 - Each turn, you may use this Sticky to restore up to 50v to Critters you control. This effect may be triggered multiple times a turn, so long as the total Vitality restored is no greater than 50. This effect may be triggered after a Critter is reduced to 0v or below, but before they are sent to the
Flavour: Do you know the original use for Superglue?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 01:58:05 pm by Kashyyk »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2023, 12:22:32 pm »

I am actually looking forward to converting sepoys into rads with that thing.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2023, 01:29:59 pm »

We've got a decent amount of engine, and board control, with token spam and such

But we don't have any good card draw, or trump cards.

Name: Fungal Bloom
Cost: 0 Rads
Image: nil
Type: Critter
Color: Green
Effect:
While this card is in your discard pile, and you gain a Rad, you may void this card, then draw a card.
Flavor text: Rot is a form of life.
Strength-Vitality: 10 / 20
Rarity: Common
Void: A voided card entirely ceases to exist within the game state.

Something to run instead of Generic Mooks, fodder that helps accelerate the deck when it inevitably dies.

Name: Juvenile Behemoth
Cost: 4 Rads
Color: Green / Yellow
Effect:
When playing this card, you may destroy two Critters under your control and reduce this Critter's Rads cost by 1, up to three times.
After you've gained a total of 7 Rads after having played this Critter, it evolves into Adult Behemoth.
Flavor text: To this creature, just about anything (or anyone) is food.
Strength-Vitality: 30 / 50
Name: Adult Behemoth
Cost: Evolves from Juvenile Behemoth
Color: Green / Black
Effect:
Whenever you gain Rads, this Critter gains 10 Strength and Vitality for every Rad gained.
This Critter is immune to 'destroy' effects. (It can still be destroyed by damage).
Once per turn, when this Critter is blocked, and destroys the Critter that blocked it, it may attack again.
Flavor text: Growing greater hasn't abated this massive beast's sheer hunger.
Strength-Vitality: 50 / 80
Rarity: Evolves from Juvenile Behemoth

A proper boss monster, fed by our token engine.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2023, 02:24:44 pm »

I am actually looking forward to converting sepoys into rads with that thing.
I mean, that's not a very efficient combo. Like, if you already have a buncha Sepoys on hand, it could be good for a quick boost, but if you're sacrificing them as you gen them, it's only 1 Rad per turn. An Old Reactor would be better than that.
Admittedly, things look different if there are multiple Polluted Wastelands in play, since they would all trigger.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2023, 03:38:08 pm »

A possibly silly card idea, on the theme of Trumps.

Name: Unformed Mass
Image:
Colour: Black
Type: Sticky
Effect:
 - Unformed Mass cannot be removed from play
 - During your turn you may pay a Rad to put a Formation Counter on Unformed Mass. Do this no more than once per turn.
 - Any Attack that can target You may instead target Unformed Mass. Each Attack that does at least 1 Vitality damage removes a Formation Counter from Unformed Mass
 - As your Card Play, you may flip Unformed Mass
Flavour: What secrets do the shifting shapes conceal?
Quote from: Unformed Mass-Reverse
Name: Devouring Swarm
Cost: Flip Unformed Mass
Image:
Colour: Black / White
Effects:
 - When Unformed Mass is flipped, remove all Formation Counters. Devouring Swarm gets 10 Vitality per Formation Counter removed.
 - Devouring Swarm always has Strength equal to its current (not maximum) Vitality
 - For each point of Vitality damage dealt by Devouring Swarm, it gains 1 point of Vitality, increasing its Maximum if necessary
 - Devouring Swarm may attack multiple valid targets simultaneously, by splitting its Strength between each target
 - If Devouring Swarm is ever destroyed, instead flip it and place one Formation Counter on it
Flavour: In the end, nothing will remain
Strength-Vitality: *-*

Spoiler: ChangeLog (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 04:16:54 pm by Kashyyk »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2023, 04:04:39 pm »

A possibly silly card idea, on the theme of Trumps.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I talked about this on Discord, but I'll repeat it here for reference:
On game start, Unformed Mass is immediately put into play under your control
Opinion: frowny face.
It could be a 10/10 with no other abilities and that wouldn't fly.
Being completely indestructible. Gaining 50 stats per Rad invested. Trample and vit-stealing are both force multipliers. It costs zero (to play initially)
You can do all those things (individually, at least), but they are gonna come at a cost. This thing has no downsides.
Quote from: Kashyyk
Looking back at our other cards 25/25 per Rad is a lot more than I realised. Would 10/10pR be anywhere close to acceptable?
Yeah, that's a more reasonable rad:power ratio.

Quote from: Kashyyk
How much leeway does Rarity give?
There's not a hard rule. Like, in terms of raw stats, barely anything (cos I don't want Unique cards with no abilities). But when it comes to adding special mechanics, a bit more. And when it comes to things where having multiple copies is an exponential increase in power, a lot.
In fact, I'm already kinda regretting Polluted Wasteland be Common, since multiple copies becomes significantly more potent... but I'll leave it as is for now (but don't be surprised if it gets nerfed once Team 2 sees it).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 04:09:14 pm by NUKE9.13 »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2023, 04:24:22 pm »

That gives me an idea:
Name: Friendship Bear
Cost: 1 Rad
Image:
Type: Critter - Bear
Color: Pink
Effect:
This card's strength and vitality are equal to 20*X, where X is the amount of Friendship Bears on the board.
Flavor text: Heart is the best power
Strength-Vitality: */*
Rarity: Common

This would play nicely (though I'm already expecting a ban) with:
Name: Mimic
Image:
Color: Colorless
Effect:
When this card enters play, pick a name, color and subtype- that is now this card's name, color and subtype.
Flavor text: It's easy to say that it's not real, but hard to believe as much
Strength-Vitality: 10/10
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 04:52:06 pm by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16