Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: DIYCCG - Team One  (Read 10184 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: DIYCCG - Team One
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2023, 11:03:13 pm »

I thought that was exactly what my original proposition was.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2023, 11:27:09 pm »

I thought that was exactly what my original proposition was.
Rereading it, yeah, that's true, it just wasn't clear. My apologies.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2023, 06:46:26 am »

So, rather than getting bogged down in procedural discussion, how about my favourite thing, compromise?

This turn, I'm sure that those who would rather vote wouldn't object to supporting proposals by two players (as opposed to two by the same player); everyone has plenty of ideas, and it shouldn't be hard to find ideas by different players that are harmonious. Those who want equal division of accepted proposals surely won't insist on following chronological order, as their goal is for things to be equal over the long-term.
You can keep track of how many proposals each player has had accepted. In subsequent turns, greater weight can be given to those who are underrepresented, but with a bit of flexibility- leaving room for a key proposal by Player A to be accepted, even if Player B is one behind, with the understanding that Player B will receive even greater consideration next turn.
I'm sure everyone is interested in having fun together, and won't insist on locking some players out; conversely, I'm sure everyone will be willing to take the desires of the team as a whole into account, and won't insist on going off on a wild tangent which won't match the general strategy.

If it turns out that it really isn't possible for folks to divide their votes equitably... well, hopefully that won't happen, but let's deal with that at the time. Trying to agree on a strict system that might not prove necessary is just a needless distraction at this point.
Long Live United Forenia!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2023, 10:02:16 am »

I say the procedural discussion should continue until the GM declares that it is time to choose the cards, which should hopefully be very soon.
Also, I would like to get the opinion of Jerick and A1s on the matter.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2023, 10:07:19 am »

I say the procedural discussion should continue until the GM declares that it is time to choose the cards, which should hopefully be very soon.
Oh, you can start voting (or whatever) whenever you want. I'll start prodding you towards a conclusion at some point (soonish), but you can reach one on your own before I say anything.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2023, 10:28:44 am »

NAME: Mountain
COST: 0
EFFECT:
- Rebellion Threshold: 5,
- Once per turn put a rebellion counter on this card to gain a red Sepoy token
- Any player may pay a rad to put a rebellion token on this card.
----
Name: Sepoy
Strength-Vitality: 20-20
This is a reasonable concept, although it is de facto a 20/20 Critter for 0 which can spawn up to 5 friends even after it dies. I'd probably up the cost to 1 and reduce the Rebellion Threshold to 3. Or reduce the Sepoy to 10/10.
Let's reduce Sepoy to 10/10.
NAME: Factory
COST: 2
EFFECT:
Choose a critter, that critter may not attack, defend or use abilities until the start of your next turn. lose 1 tea and gain 1 rad. You may use this ability multiple times per trun, provided you choose a new critter each time.
This would work with a cost of 0. While in theory it could get crazy, that would require you to have set up a lot of Tea and Critters, in which case you've earned your Rad bounty.
Changes approved.

NAME: Hot Potato
EFFECT:
- At the beginning of your turn roll a six-sided die, if you roll a 6 - take 50 damage and discard Hot Potato.
- Rebellion Threshold: 0
- Whenever a card under your control gains a rebellion counter, you may place one on Hot Potato.
I'd wouldn't call it 'discard', but 'destroy'. Discarding is from the hand.
This is a weird card. Very swingy, which makes it hard to balance. Some games it will do jack shit, other games it will go off as soon as you pass it over. I'd prefer it to just say "At the beginning of your turn, take 10 damage".
[/quote]
Change approved, but I would like to change the name to "Radioactive Potato" and the colors to red-yellow.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2023, 10:55:07 am »

Well I'd mostly been staying clear till people decided on things. I mostly just want things to be harmonious but both approaches can cause a bit of bitterness. So I think the best approach might be a hybrid approach where each player gets a chance to propose a number of cards and then we as a team vote on which one we want from their selected pool. This way the odds of one player forcing through a card the rest of the team doesn't want is much lower and everyone gets a chance to have their cards made and everyone gets a chance to effect which cards get made. Also if someone is being very slow to respond we could take their previous proposals and select one from them so we don't get bogged down waiting.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2023, 11:01:51 am »

What would be the actual mechanics of that proposal?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2023, 11:23:28 am »

When it's a player's turn to make cards they propose new cards, pick cards they'd already proposed or any mix of old and new. From that they post a list of the cards (at least two) to be voted on and we as a team vote on which one we want with the proposer also getting a vote. When we've all settled on a card the turn for making cards moves on to the next person in line. If it's taking a long time (such as when Nuke is gently prodding us for votes) for the next person in line to post their list of cards for us to vote on, then we vote on a list of all that player's previous proposals.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2023, 11:45:37 am »

Let's just vote like normal.

Quote from: votebox
Tea Plantation: a1s
Factory: a1s
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2023, 12:04:28 pm »

Okay fine. Lets see how this works out.

Devouring Blob: Supernerd
Engines of Infernal Fury: Supernerd
Factory: a1s

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2023, 12:20:39 pm »

Devouring Blob: Supernerd, Jerick
Engines of Infernal Fury: Supernerd
Factory: a1s, Jerick

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2023, 12:35:44 pm »

We're going to want Tea before the Factory, and a way to populate both those generators.

(2) Devouring Blob: Supernerd, Jerick
(1) Engines of Infernal Fury: Supernerd
(2) Tea Plantation: a1s, Kashyyk
(2) Factory: a1s, Jerick
(1) Mountain: Kashyyk

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2023, 12:42:47 pm »

What happens if there is a tie between three or more cards?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2023, 12:47:44 pm »

What happens if there is a tie between three or more cards?
I give the team a disapproving glare until they fix it. Worst case scenario, I pick two of the leading options at random.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16