Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: DIYCCG - Team One  (Read 10159 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: DIYCCG - Team One
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2023, 08:35:12 am »

I volunteer as tribute.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2023, 08:57:40 am »

I volunteer as well.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2023, 12:57:46 pm »

I also volunteer. As the three of us are now vets, if anyone else wants a chance, I'll get evicted first.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2023, 02:55:38 pm »

While we wait for the fights there's no reason to stop posting designs.
Name: Scout Drone
Cost: 0 Rads
Image:
Color: Black
Type: Critter
Effect:
Support 2, Flying. Draw a card when scout drone is destroyed
Flavor text: It costs next to nothing, it's basically made of cardboard and is not meant to come back. Yet the soldiers still fear its arrival all the same.
Strength-vitality: 10s / 20v
Rarity: Common

Quote from: Support
This card can only be played when you play a card with greater or equal rad cost to the support value. This card does not count toward your plays-per-turn limit
Not sure if I should separate out quickplay out of support or leave it baked in because there's never going to be a time you want a support card without quickplay.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 22, 2023, 12:50:10 am »

We're dealing with multiple 0-cost critters that can't be removed efficiently. ACSW grants a rad if you destroy it, NIW laughs and comes back.

Starting to feel that this is the medicine we need.

Quote from: Jealous Waifu
White common critter
1 rad

Attack 10 Vitality 40
When Jealous Waifu comes into play, you may banish a 0-cost Waifu.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 12:54:36 am by Quarque »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 22, 2023, 05:15:17 am »

Name: National Museum
Cost: 0
Image:
Type: Sticky
Color: Green/Yellow
Effect:
Whenever you gain a rad, draw a card
Rarity: Rare
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 22, 2023, 05:50:09 am »

Name: Ravenous Swarm
Cost: 4 Rads
Image:
Color: Green
Effect:
Once per turn you may remove two counters from ravenous swarm to put a new copy of ravenous swarm into play.
If there are counters on ravenous swarm equal to the target card's rad cost you may sacrifice ravenous swarm to destroy target card.
Whenever you gain a rad put a counter on ravenous swarm.
Flying
Flavor text: They ate everything, even the foundations
Strength-vitality: 60s / 20v
Name: Subversive Smuggler
Cost: 2 Rads
Image:
Color: Red
Effect:
Rebellion threshold:1
Navel
Pay 1 tea to put a rebellion counter on this card (you may do this multiple times a turn)
This card cannot be targeted by effects and abilities its controller controls.
This card deals 20 damage to its controller at the start of their turn.
Flavor text: "Hey are you sure that ship over there is one of ours?"
"It's got one of our flags don't it?"
Strength-vitality: 0s / 10v
Name: Rampant Mutation
Cost: 2 Rads
Image:
Color: Green
Type: Trick
Effect:
Target card gains the colour green and the effect; "whenever you gain rads gain 10s 10v" in addition to its other colours and effects.
Flavor text: Every living thing is a mutant, sometimes they need reminding of that.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 22, 2023, 06:00:55 am »

Name: National Museum
Cost: 0
Image:
Color: Green/Yellow
Effect:
Whenever you gain a rad, draw a card

We'd need Bubble of Radiation first to make this as insane as GWW, though :P

For Jealous Waifu it is tempting to go with this picture

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 22, 2023, 06:40:32 am »

We'd need Bubble of Radiation first to make this as insane as GWW, though :P
We will have a minimum of 2 cards picks.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 22, 2023, 07:16:25 am »

After testing, this is the deck I will enter the trenches with.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 22, 2023, 10:24:17 am »

I'm planning to use this deck
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 22, 2023, 12:51:55 pm »

After feedback I would propose this instead:

Quote from: Monk Idealist
Common Pink Critter
Cost 1 Rad

Attack 10 / Vitality 30

When Monk Idealist comes into play, you may banish a critter with 10 vitality or less.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 22, 2023, 05:55:06 pm »

Name: Acidic Slime
Cost: 1 rad
Image:
Type: Critter - mutant
Colour: Green
Effect: Whenever you gain rads you may deal 10 damage to target critter. If this damage would destroy the critter it is removed from the game instead.
Flavour text: It leaves nothing but unrecognisable goop in its wake.
Strength-vitality: 30s / 30v

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 22, 2023, 09:18:06 pm »

Alright! Analysis time.

The battles technically still haven't ended, but where we stand, we're at 2 losses and 1 ongoing game, with us having an advantage in that match. What can we learn from our defeats and struggles?

1: They can still just speedblitz us, as evidenced both by Stirk playing his entire hand on his first turn, and their continued abundance of cheap, rapidly-spawning Waifu. Their early game is insane.

2: Their mid and late game are less developed. They have their King of Steam and Assault Unit, but as potent as those are, they don't have the spammable and reliable Rusty Golem, the board-controlling Ushibo, and the unstoppable, undeniable Godzilla. In the ongoing game, the moment Godzilla dropped, the opponent immediately went all in on killing Godzilla.

3: They've focused on developing countermeasures to our token spam capabilities, this turn, with the Artillery Support sticky that clears tokens like nobody's business, and the Radiation Wave trick that hits all Critters for 10. Surprisingly, they haven't gone too hard into destroying our many, many Stickies, but the Raider Waifu does have some of that direction. The fact that it can use Tea to use its ability makes me wonder if they have a way of getting Tea planned - or if they'll just use our own Merchant Marine.

4: We still have no draw or search, leaving us reliant on the luck of the draw.

5: The matches consist of a formula of the enemy team blitzing us with a storm of Waifu, while we try to hold on with our nonexistent early game. Our midgame is much better developed, and we can generate an insane amount of Rads to cast that midgame with, but our lack of early defense and draw/search means that it's a tossup on whether we get there.

6: The Hospital is still great and they're probably gonna appeal it and the Lightning Rod. I anticipate Hospital getting some kind of nerf, but the Rod being fine, due to its limited applicability, and being Rare. They might also do non targeted Sticky removal, but I honestly don't think they'll think of something that indirect. Though we'll never know until we see their next batch of cards.

Our priorities, as I see them:

1: Draw or search. Anything on this front would be an improvement.

2: Some early game defense. I don't think a wall is an incredible idea here, actually, because they generate Waifu fast enough to just batter down a wall, so it plays to their strengths unless we get really creative. In all fairness, being really creative is an option, and always will be. Weird stuff is less likely to be predicted.

And a note - NUKE confirmed that the Fabrication Drone can be expanded to allow 2-cost Stickies and still be Common. So with that in mind, here are my initial proposals.

Name: Fabrication Drone
Image:
Color: Yellow
Type: Critter - Drone
Effect:
When this Critter is put into play, you may search your Deck for a Sticky that costs 2 Rads or less, then put it on top of your Deck.
When this Critter is destroyed, draw a card.
Flavor text: "The harbinger of a consumed world."
Strength-vitality: 0 / 20

You know it, you love it, now with the feature that you all requested.

Name: Ring of Sparks
Image:
Color: Yellow
Effect:
Once per turn, when you take damage from being attacked directly, select a random Critter your opponent controls and inflict 10 damage to it.
When this Sticky comes into play, draw a card.
Flavor text: "An implement of pest control."
Strength-vitality: N/A

A means of teaching them not to rely on 10-Vitality Critters.

Appeal:

The modifier quickplay can currently be used multiple times in a turn. This adds a frightening RNG element to the start of the game - if a player gets multiple quickplay 0 cost cards, they can very quickly fill their board.

Another consequence of this, that hasn't been explored fully yet, is that cards that allow high amounts of drawing are effectively summoning cards as well, so long as a quickplay card is drawn.

For balance reasons, I would like to suggest that quickplay be only usable once per turn. A player could play two quickplay cards by using their regular play as well, if they really wanted to, but that wouldn't be using quickplay, it'd just be playing a card (that happens to have quickplay) normally.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 04:17:55 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2023, 09:12:20 am »

Here's an idea for an early game critter, that conveniently no sells the majority of their cards. Compared to Nearly-Immortal Waifu's regeneration, I think its still balanced.

Industrial Automaton
0-Cost
Black
Critter - Mech
 - Armoured 10
Hammers and Tongs work as well on metal as they do everything else
10/10
Common

Armoured X - Ignore the first X damage from any source

This, plus the Fabrication Drone, should give us a much needed boost to our early game.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:33:41 pm by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16