Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: DIYCCG - Team One  (Read 10168 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DIYCCG - Team One
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2023, 05:29:42 am »

Name: Carrion Infester
Cost: 1 rads
Image:
Type: Critter - Mutant
Colour: Green/ Black
Effect: Once per turn you may play a critter card from either player's discard pile by paying it's rad cost. This effect cannot be triggered if a card put into play by this carrion infester is still in play. The played card is removed from the game if it is destroyed again. Carrion Infester cannot be targeted, attack or be attacked while that card is in play. Carrion Infester gains 5s 5v whenever you gain rads.
Flavour: In the wastes corpses don't stay where you left them.
Str/Vit: 10s 10v
Rarity: Rare
Name: Bombardment
Cost: x rads
Image:
Type: Trick
Colour: Red/Yellow
Effect: Deal X*10 combat damage spread between any number of critters or players
Flavour: There is little that can't be fixed with enough cannons
Name: Spawning monstrosity
Cost: 5 rads
Image:
Type Critter - Mutant
Colour: Green
Effect: Whenever you gain rads put a spawnling token into play
Flavour: There's a reason the wastes are teeming with monsters
Str/Vit: 70/50
Name: Spawnling
Cost: NA
Image:
Type: Critter -Mutant
Colour: Green
Effect: Whenerver you gain rads spawnling gains 10s 10v
Flavour: Every nightmare starts out harmless
Str/Vit: 0/5
(I don't know why I'm making token generators since they'll be making board clears this turn no doubt)
Name: Ramshackle Reactor
Cost: 0 rads
Image:
Type: Sticky
Colour: Yellow/green
Effect: Quickplay.
Generate 1 rad and put a counter on ramshackle reactor. If the number of counters on ramshackle reactor reaches 4 or more destroy ramshackle reactor.
If ramshackle is destroyed triggger any effect triggered by gaining rads a number of times equal to the number of counters on ramshackle reactor.
Flavour: "Safety? No you wanted fast and cheap, we built it fast and cheap. This isn't our fault!"
Rarity: Common
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 09:46:59 am by Jerick »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2023, 06:58:23 am »

Name: Trading Port
Cost: 3 Rads
Image:
Color: Red
Type: Sticky - Land
Effect:
Salvage - Draw a card.
Once per turn, you may spend 1 Rad or 1 Tea to draw a card. If you do not do this during one of your turns, place a Rebellion Counter on this Sticky.
If you are attacked directly, place a Rebellion Counter on this Sticky.
Rebellion Threshold 4
Flavor: "They don't care where it comes from."
Salvage: Discard this card from your hand to trigger an effect. You may only Salvage one card per turn.

Quote Discord, apparently NUKE thinks this is better as a 1-cost, so 1-cost it shall be

By the way, I also think we need to design one more card that can be a win condition (and capitalize on high Rad/Tea). Gotta diversify here, or we become too easy to predict and counter.

Yeah, you don't want too many boss monsters, but at least a few are necessary to create endgame conditions.

... how are we feeling on Yugioh-like Polymerization, fusing our Critters together into stronger forms summoned from a secondary, non-drawable deck?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2023, 08:03:33 am »

Name: Deck of Minor Arcana
Cost: 0
Image:
Type: Sticky - Deck
Color: ?
Effect:
Deck (gain 1 rad, gain 10 life, deal 10 damage to target critter, gain a 10/10 colorless token, play 1 additional card this turn)
Once per turn you may draw an effect from the deck.
Rarity: Unique

Quote from: Deck
When this card comes into play, destroy the previous Deck, if any, and shuffle these cards into the deck engine
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2023, 08:14:43 am »

a1s: I really like the rifle

However, you never want more than 3 of these in your deck so I would suggest making it rare. And for 2 rad / 1 rad equip, it should really be +20 attack, as 2 Rad is the price of a Pimp Wagon. ;)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2023, 08:17:32 am »

Name: Wife Beater
Image:
Type: Critter
Color: White/Yellow
Effect:
Instead of attacking you may deal 10 damage to target Waifu
Strength-Vitality: 20-20
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2023, 08:26:17 am »

lol

I really want to avoid going into anti-cards, but if I had to think of one..

Sacrificial altar
black sticky, 1 rad

Each player sacrifices a Waifu at the start of their turn if able.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2023, 08:43:02 am »

After Nuke's comments, here's what we settled on:
Name: Burst of Radiation
Image:
Colour: Yellow
Effect:
Quickplay
Gain 2 rads
Lose 20 Life
Flavour: Not great, not terrible

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2023, 08:49:31 am »

Name: Bombardment
Cost: x rads
Image:
Colour: Red/Yellow
Effect: Deal X*10 combat damage to target critter or player
Flavour: There is little that can't be fixed with enough cannons
I think for that price we can have  'Deal X*10 combat damage spread between any number of critters or players'

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2023, 09:48:58 am »

You know, why not. We lost badly in the first round because we were too conservative with our card designs. Edited it in.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2023, 05:07:10 pm »

This is my official Appeal for this turn, against the Keyword "Immutable X".

Immutable X: This card is immune to non-combat effects (that is, it doesn't prevent damage dealt in regular combat) from cards costing X Rads or less. It can still be targeted, but the effect will not occur, nor will any follow-up effects that depended on it. Immutable applies in all zones (deck, hand, discard, board, maybe others), to all cards (in the given price bracket). A card with X in the cost is treated as whatever was paid for it by Immutable.

The ability is too broad reaching. It completely invalidates large swathes of a potential deck. The fact that 0-cost Generic cards that destroy 1-Rad stickies or deal 30 direct damage exist suggests that we can expect low-cost cards to be able to apply effects to high-cost ones in general. Immutable is literally called out in the definition for Steel colour cards, however there is no colour based drawback so the bonus would naturally not be as strong. Additionally, Magic the Gathering has long ruled for Keywords like Hexproof, Shroud and Protection that an effect is only resisted if it "targets" the card/player. Thus I propose the definition is altered to (change emhasised):

Immutable X: This card is immune to non-combat effects (that is, it doesn't prevent damage dealt in regular combat) from cards targeting it that costing X Rads or less. It can still be targeted, but the effect will not occur, nor will any follow-up effects that depended on it. Immutable applies in all zones (deck, hand, discard, board, maybe others), to all cards (in the given price bracket). A card with X in the cost is treated as whatever was paid for it by Immutable.

This would mean Cards like Modest Demolition or Dies to Removal that effect a specific, targeted card would still have to meet the requirements of Immutable, but cards like Polluted Wasteland which trigger on each/any Card rather than a specific target, would not be prevented. Each/any cards, by definition, have broader reach and thus would have a lesser effect than a Target card for the same cost. I feel this still meets the spirit of the Keyword without neutering it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2023, 06:48:22 pm »

Name: Lab Rat
Cost: 1
Image:
Color: Pink
Effect:
When Lab Rat comes into play draw a card
When Lab Rat leaves play draw a card
Strength-Vitality: 10-10
Flavor: Specimen #412's autopsy showed it died from the autopsy
This has strong combo potential with Reality Flicker.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:50:09 pm by a1s »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2023, 07:50:37 pm »

I would like to update Treason to this:
Name: Treason
Cost: 1 rad
Image:
Colour: red
Effect: pay X tea to take control of target critter, where X is its rad cost.
This card's cost is considered to be the sum of it's tea and rad costs.
Flavour: Welcome to the right side of history
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 07:56:07 pm by a1s »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2023, 08:17:53 pm »

Name: Jewel of the Orient
Cost: 1
Image:
Type: Sticky - Land
Color: Red
Effect:
As an additional cost you must pay 2 tea.
At the end of your turn gain 1 tea and put a red 10/10 Sepoy token into play.
This card's cost is considered to be the sum of it's tea and rad costs.
Flavor Text: Wealth beyond measure

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2023, 08:36:31 pm »

Name: Whaling Ship
Image:
Color: Red/Black
Effect:
At the beginning of your turn you may spend 1 tea to gain 2 rad, if you do not - add a rebellion counter on this card.
Rebellion Threshold 3
Naval
Strength-vitality: 0 - 50
Flavor text: Soon may the Wellerman come...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2023, 03:21:17 am »

This is an official appeal against the injustices of Jar of Lightning. It is a 2-for-1 removal card that isn't affected by target cost and even contributes to faster card acquisition. All for 2 rads. We believe a more reasonable cost for that to be 4 rads. Or 3 rads and no draw.
-- Sincerely Team One.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 04:09:46 am by a1s »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16