Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35040 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #555 on: February 13, 2024, 08:38:32 pm »

"The evidence suggests that it was an Amanojaku attack. Traces of False Biofold Waves were detected, similar to those emitted by Amanojaku. At the moment, we're operating under the assumption it was an Amanojaku attack."
Suddenly, Kazuma's phone rings.
"Excuse me."
He heads off for a few minutes. Harsh whispering can be heard around the corner.

After a few minutes, Kazuma returns. He looks over at Minako for a moment, before looking towards Miyuki and Haruka.
"Do you two mind accompanying me a moment?"

Javier rubs the back of his head.
"It would appear that...we're neighbours with our EUFON friends for a while, and they'll be training and dancing with us."

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 13, 2024, 09:22:30 pm »

"Woah, woah, woah. Hold on. 'Neighbours'? The hell you mean? Don't we have an okay base already?"

Abigail squints at Javier. "Did they bust a pipe? It can't be that major, can it?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 13, 2024, 10:46:10 pm »

"...I mean it's nice to work with Miyuki but something about your tone says something's up."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #558 on: February 14, 2024, 07:14:11 am »

Miyuki briefly glances at Haruka before nodding toward Kazuma. She wonders internally if this has something to do with her suspicions about what Haruka's sister was up to.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 14, 2024, 07:31:37 am »

Briar felt a strong urge to listen in, but the rest of him knew it would be stupid to try and eavesdrop. He may not care much for strict rules and laws, but there's a couple he'd follow to keep himself out of too much trouble. He gives a wave to the group at large, heading out to explore the Fire Soul side of the building. "Catchya later. You got my line if you need to grab me, Kazuma. Just give it a ring."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 14, 2024, 04:01:10 pm »

"No problem, Kazuma."
Haruka nods, as she and Miyuki follow Kazuma behind the corner, where Kazuma talks in hushed tones.

"...alright. Our employers have asked us to do this, but I want to keep this between the three of us, since I don't entirely trust this and I want to know what Minako knows first."
"Our marching orders, aside from dealing with Amanojaku attacks, is to investigate Fire Soul in connection with the Amanojaku attacks."
"What?!"
"I don't believe it either. Apparently, Professor Ormrsdottir is...well, there's no way to put it. There's only three individuals in Japan with the skill to make Mirages. One is working for the EUFON Agency, and one is operating with the Kazanaris. If that Mirage is something new, Professor Ormrsdottir is one of the only people who could have made it."
"We can't just...there's no way someone like Kumon, or someone like Shirogane would be tied up in something like that."
"Those are our orders. We can't disobey, but...there's something fishy there."
Kazuma rubs his chin.
"You also said you had something you wanted to check with Professor Ormrsdottir. About the Mirager from last night."

At that, Haruka looks as if she had cold water suddenly splashed on her.

"..."
"I can't...shake the thought, Kazuma."
"Professor Ormrsdottir said that Mirage resonance, like what I felt...only happens between siblings or people with natural Biorhythm connections. I know it's stupid, but...Kazuma, that Mirager. If there's even a CHANCE-"
"Haruka, you know that's impossible. You saw it happen yourself. I did too. We were both in that disaster together."
"Kazuma, I..."

She looks to Miyuki.
"You'd understand. My younger sister, Kana...she died in that disaster seven years ago, the one that hit the city. But, before she did...she had this....she found a Mirage, and she used it to try to protect us, but the Amanojaku were too strong for her and..."
Her breath hitches in her chest. She clenches her fist.
"Haruka..."
"I...I think the Black Mirager might be my sister. Or maybe there's something else going on. I...I'm not sure, but with how Professor Ormrsdottir described Mirage resonance, it makes sense-"
"It's been seven years, Haruka. Surely she would have turned up by now if it was her, right? It can't be Kana. She..."
"...Miyuki. You...you understand that feeling. You've always wanted to protect Misaki, right? If there's even a CHANCE that the black Mirager is Kana, I have to find and protect her, and if she isn't, I need to know why it felt like we had some kind of connection. It doesn't feel right if I don't try to figure this out. You get me, right?"

Javier shakes his head.
"The Amanojaku attacked their building. Nobody got hurt, but the place is levelled. Everything above the basement got blasted. We think it's related to the black Mirager or whoever she's working for."

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 14, 2024, 04:51:01 pm »

" . . . "

Abigail stopped on her tracks, such news having put her on edge, her hand clenching Conquest's bow with force - as if called in by the grim news.

"This is what happens when you don't finish the job. It always comes back to bite you."

"Tch. Figures." After an aggressive retort, Abigail takes a deep breath and shakes her head, attempting to quell the burning sensation that was starting to itch her chest - as if the pendant, the relic itself, wanted to break out.

"... I'll go on ahead." Abigail then passed around Javier, bolting her way out of the room. Her gaze was only focused forwards as she ran two stairs down at a time, jumping at the end of each segment, as she pulled out her phone, hesitatingly. "I need to get in touch with someone from EUFON. What the hell is this all about?"

"..."

Abigail keeps dashing down the stairs.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #562 on: February 14, 2024, 04:58:51 pm »

"That's. . . troubling," Miyuki says soberly, in response to hearing what their orders were. Her expression only grows even more concerned as Kazuma continues, and Haruka responds. It seems like her and Haruka had similar suspicions about the black Mirager, too.

"I understand. I don't know what will happen if Misaki gets caught up even further than she is already. I know I'd take any chance to save her if she were in trouble like this. And if I were in your shoes. . . yeah, even if it was impossible, you couldn't stop me from trying."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 14, 2024, 05:18:49 pm »

: You're shittin' me. Araki's response not being excessively loud belied true shock.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 14, 2024, 05:20:33 pm »

Javier shakes his head.
"The Amanojaku attacked their building. Nobody got hurt, but the place is levelled. Everything above the basement got blasted. We think it's related to the black Mirager or whoever she's working for."
"Woah. That really sucks for them."
"... Wait. Whoever targeted them, what stops them from trying to flatten this building now that EUFON is here?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2024, 07:56:41 pm »

"Thank you, Miyuki."
Kazuma sighs.
"What do you want to do then, Haruka?"
"While I....don't want to believe that the Fire Soul Agency is involved, I can't not try and look into them knowing it might lead to Kana. I..."
Kazuma thinks briefly.
"Hm. I'll look into the black Mirager myself. You two handle the investigation into Fire Soul."
"Kazuma?"
"Our only leads right now are that the black Mirager might be linked to Fire Soul, but I don't know that for certain. Miyuki, your sister is working for Fire Soul, so this is the perfect excuse for you to keep an eye on her and fulfil our investigation in one fell swoop."
"I don't think we'll find anything, but we have our marching orders. If I find anything, I'll keep you two posted, and you two keep me posted if you find anything."
"...if you can find proof that the black Mirager is Kana...please tell me. I...if it's her, I..."
Haruka exhales.
"I almost don't want it to be her."
"...I know."

"Sadly not, Araki."
"The building was unattended, so, given that this one will have at least one or two Miragers present at any one time, that'll probably keep an Amanojaku away. Also, the Professor has worked on some....prototype anti-Amanojaku protection systems based on..."
He scratches his head.
"...heretical alchemy. I'm not entirely sure what that is, but she says it should work to ward the place against Amanojaku."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2024, 08:27:12 pm »

"Oh crap."

"...Wait hold up, 'heretical?' What makes it heretical? Like, 'organized religions don't like this' heretical? Or does that mean something in Mirager-speak that I don't know yet."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #567 on: February 14, 2024, 10:22:35 pm »

"Of course. I'll try my best to find out what's going on, whichever way it goes. Even though I'm also a little suspicious, honestly. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 15, 2024, 09:51:32 am »

"Hm? What about?"

"It was suppressed by the authorities in olden times as witchcraft, yes. Biorhythm manipulation is often mistaken for "true" magic. Which it isn't. Far as we know, true magecraft died out thousands of years ago."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #569 on: February 15, 2024, 10:58:16 am »

"Just, something about all this doesn't feel right. It's like they knew the building wouldn't have any of us there today."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50