Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35062 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #450 on: January 27, 2024, 10:03:46 am »

"We detected a signature for a minute, yes. Unknown, same type as Imaeda's, Abigail's and the unknown Mirager."

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 27, 2024, 10:13:09 am »

: ... Araki grumbled as deep in thought as he could, before jumping topics again.

: What about the other singer, the one that says weird words sometimes? Her signing during the fight was doing that whole Biorhythm thing too, right?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2024, 10:15:27 am »

"Kamisato Setsuna? Yes, we detected her emitting an immensely powerful Biorhythm signature last night. On par with Minase's before Imaeda and Misaki transformed."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2024, 10:38:37 am »

". . . You found those too. . . ?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2024, 11:41:28 am »

"A unique type, eh. This knife really wants to put me into main character syndrome at this point."
Even though it sounded like a joke, his voice was anything but hinting at that.

"Sure, Professor, I don't mind you experimenting on Nyghthowl. Trying to understand... err, her, it was? Anyway, understanding what's going on there would probably benefit me too."
"And if something breaks... Well, I'm now part of the secret Mirager club, so a secure backstage job does sound nice as an alternative..."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #455 on: January 27, 2024, 12:31:51 pm »

"Wait, if Moralltach and Beagalltach are connected like that, why didn't Moralltach respond to me before?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 27, 2024, 12:44:56 pm »

"Moralltach wouldn't respond to you even if your Mirages are normally linked if she had no master."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2024, 11:34:10 am »

Misaki looked down at the ring on her finger critically. ”I’m flattered you waited for me, but you know Miyuki’s pretty great too, right? Could have given her a go. Or did your sister have dibs?”

”So… what do we newbies do next? Please don’t be a ton of paperwork.”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2024, 02:51:28 pm »

"Paired Mirages can have radically different personalities like their wielders, or very similar personalities. A Mirage seeks out first and foremost a Mirager like itself.

Fragarach, for instance, seeks out wielders that wish to protect someone or something else, even if they don't know it yet."

At that, Tsubasa silently looks at Hikari, before back at Fragarach around his neck, looking visibly confused.

"Yggdrasil seeks out wielders as earthy and stalwart as itself, the essence of the World Tree. Aymr seeks out those who can resonate with its flames and burn as hot as it can.

Brisingamen is a little special because it's the oldest Mirage in existence. The first one, even. In all my years, I've never figured out what she wants in a wielder. She's only ever had one."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Mirages have been around for centuries. But in all the time and records, only one person has ever been recorded to have wielded Brisingamen aside from yourself, Miss Minase, and that was a long time ago."

Professor Ormrsdottir takes a sip of her coffee.

"It's why I took an interest in you. Well, two reasons, Miss Minase. Firstly Brisingamen chose you. Secondly, your Biorhythm levels. Do you remember your audition, the one you failed?"

"Yeah. Miki mentioned it was to test out new Miragers. I failed, right?"

"Correct. Your Biorhythm levels were, at the time, too low to support the use of any Mirage. Not only that, your Biorhythm waveform - like a fingerprint or DNA for Biorhythm - didn't match any Mirage we had on record. However, last night, your Biorhythm levels were among the highest recorded, and Brisingamen resonated with you.

Not only that, you awakened the dormant fold receptors of Misaki, Seitaro and Tsubasa in so doing."

"You saying she's special, teach?"

"Not for certain. I will need to run a few tests. Later, of course."

Hikari looks down at her hands in awe.
"I...did all that? Eh? That's...that doesn't make sense. All I did was sing!"

"So you did, Miss Minase. So...the next thing in question. As soon as Javier is done with Miss Yukine, I will have him take you through and sign your contracts.

You will be expected to be available for practice as singers and as Miragers. You will have full freedom to write, sing and record what songs you wish. We will not stop you from dating or having personal lives - Javier does not believe in that, and the Mirager science supports him. You will also be expected to tour as well, and release albums. Not only because we need money, but because the song of a Mirager can ward off an Amanojaku and make people less susceptible to possession by Amanojaku.

Like I said, it won't be easy, but that's what you sign up for."

Suddenly, Professor Ormrsdottir's phone rings. She sighs.

"I will have to cut our meeting short. Excuse me. If you have any questions, Minako will be here shortly to answer, and Nagisa, Hagane and Azusa will be happy to help."

She storms out of the room irritably, taking the phone from her pocket as she does. Hikari sits down on a nearby chair.
"....I still don't get any of this Mirager stuff. Misaki, do you get any of it?"

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2024, 06:35:56 pm »

"....I still don't get any of this Mirager stuff. Misaki, do you get any of it?"
Seitaro decides to chime in even though he wasn't asked directly.
"I mean, if it was easy to figure out, there wouldn't be a need for specialized scientists. Let's just call it magic until we get it."

He then takes a seat for himself nearby. He did his best to listen and to follow along the wordy explanation. He kinda understands it, but it was also still a bit vague where more info would have mattered. It is what it is, in any case. Seitaro pulls out Nyghthowl and looks at it again.
"So you're supposed to be like me?"
"... Heh."
For Seitaro, the irony is incredible. If Nyghthowl is anything like him, she would dislike people in general and hate being forced to do things. And yet, she's attached to someone. Maybe that's why the Professor wants to do experiments?
Then again, he has sworn secrecy over the Mirage stuff before he was allowed to listen. And, he can't lie, he's starting to get attached to a few people. With the newcomers, obviously, Misaki, Hikari and Tsubasa to a degree are in the same boat as him, just with different motivations. But he was impressed with how no-nonsense Araki can be. They were mostly strangers and they still shared a high five like they are friends. It just felt right in that moment.

"Let's look at the good side for now. Full creative control. I like that. My stage persona gotta be the Seitaro way or the highway, heh."
"Although... Collabs could get messy. I assume that, as Miragers even more so than as idols, we all have our own style... That probably will become the biggest challenge for us."
The freshly-minted Mirager looks at the knife once more before returning his attention to the other newcomers.
"But, honestly? For the first time I'm starting to get excited! I don't know why, I just do."

That was a lie. He knows why. He is part of a group, one sworn to secrecy even. They will spend a lot of time together, becoming a real unit on a micro level and becoming part of the idol and Mirager scene on a macro level. There's a real possibility close bonds can develop over time. Something he never quite had. Something he envied other for. For the first time in life, he felt like he belonged somewhere, where he could be himself. Express his true self without repercussion or risking to earn no money.
Plus the whole deal about being allowed to socialize and date in a world primarily occupied by women? Bonus!
"I just do..."
"Ah, that reminds me... Didn't our senpais use codenames in their Mirager forms? I wonder if we can choose our own...?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2024, 07:06:06 pm »

Misaki sat down next to Hikari, thinking.

"Hmmm..."

"Well... I get the 'punch monsters' part? And the singing while we do that part?" Misaki said.

"...I don't super get the being an idol part of that..."

"You'll definitely be good at it though, I think. You have that channel that Tsubasa mentioned right? You practically already have a fanbase."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 29, 2024, 08:34:09 pm »

"Eehh...I guess. It feels wrong to use my channel like that..."
Hikari rubs the back of her head.
"Still, it'll be nice having so much control over our stage personas and stuff! I also have a LOT of song ideas. I wonder if Javier has a look at all of them..."
"Stage personas....damn. That reminds me. What would I even be like on stage? What would I even do on stage again? Shit...Minase, you ever...Minase?"

Hikari suddenly produces a large portfolio, full of drawings of dresses and other stage costumes, rifling through it. Tsubasa lifts an eyebrow as he peers over.

"....these all yours?"
"Mhm! I spent weeks making all of these. For uh....y'know, if I ever got to perform alongside Kumon-senpai on stage. I really like some of these designs. D-don't get me wrong, I didn't think this would ever really happen, but...it was nice to have a costume in mind. I really wanted to impress Kumon-senpai on stage, you know, if I ever got to perform next to her. I never thought I'd really get to use any of these, though..."
"You, uh...know how to sew?"
"Mhm! My dads taught me. We had to do a lot of stuff on our own in the country, so I kinda got good at a lot of stuff."
"Damn. This really was your dream, huh..."
"No shit, you actually had this all figured out." Azusa snorts. "Banjo, Red, you two ever think like that?" She eyes Nagisa and Hagane.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 30, 2024, 06:22:21 am »

Seitaro leans over to get a better view of Hikari's portfolio while listening to where she comes from, letting out a single whistle.
"Wow! That's impressive!"
He scratches the back of his head.
"Am in the same boat as Miki, I still have zero idea what kind of guy I want to be on the stage. Maybe there's some inspiration in there for me...?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 30, 2024, 06:41:14 am »

"Eheh! I'd be happy to help you two brainstorm if you want."
"Look, I look great in a dress - and believe me, I know -, but...I don't think this'll fit me."

Tsubasa points at one specific page, where a black-and-red ensemble can be seen. Hikari snorts.

"Silly, you're not going to be wearing that on stage! I'd be happy to draw up something a bit more....fitting."
"Not sure. Imaeda here still somehow looks like he walked off of some runway somehow."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 30, 2024, 07:54:01 am »

"Oi, Miki-san! I'm not a crossdresser! I'm just saying that different perspectives can be inspiring!"
He then lightly pulls on his vest while swelling his chest.
"The fact that I'm runway material is simply because I pride myself in my looks. That's what people see first, that's what people want to see first in an idol too. Nothing I wear is accidental."
Except the shirt. Never mix white clothing with colored ones.
His short-lived internal distraction put aside, he swells his chest even further while presenting his vest even more prominently.

"I'll happily take the male lead role if you want to keep the baggy lifestyle."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50