Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35216 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #390 on: January 24, 2024, 05:42:59 pm »

"Well, good morning, Minase-san!"

While he didn't intend to, given the events of yesterday, he appears in his clothing from yesterday. Freshened up, of course, the stain he got is definitely less visible now, but it really is his only good "leisure" suit he currently owns. The rest are casual and a formal suit for if he really needs it. Depending on how getting into the idol business goes, he'll consider a wider variety of fashionable articles. He very much wouldn't dislike that.
One step at a time though.

"Looking chipper as always. Then again, if I heard you correctly, standing before Fire Soul pretty much is a dream coming true for you, isn't it?"

Seitaro is a bit miffed the izakaya gathering didn't happen, but, eh, there'll be more opportunities for one. He hopes at least, he'd really like to get to know some people from last night. Sure, if he starts working at Fire Soul, it'll happen automatically, but nothing like sharing food and having good drinks to open up and see angles on people that would never be revealed otherwise.
Plus, y'know, he very much likes socializing and partying with pretty girls. Even if they're all idols. He doesn't know if he must abide by a "no girlfriend" rule and even if that's not a thing, he is aware female idols often have "no boyfriend" rule for marketing purposes, so he'll have to keep his flirting in check either way. He doesn't mind though.
After all, it's been too long since he had simple, straightforward fun with friends...

"I'll do my best to not outshine you, but no promises ☆"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: January 24, 2024, 06:44:07 pm »

Hikari strolls up to Seitaro, busy bobbing her head to the music on her earphones. So much so that she doesn't actually notice that she's walked into Seitaro.

Indeed, Seitaro feels a light thump, before he sees Hikari looking up at him, tilting her head, as if trying to process what, exactly, she just did.

"...eh?"
"EEEHH?!"

She leaps away from Seitaro, flailing about in an attempt to apologise.
"I'mreallysorryImaedaIdidn'tseeyouthereIwastoobusylisteningtoKumon-senpaissongstohypemeupIwon'tdoitagainIswear!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 24, 2024, 07:07:54 pm »

Misaki had been in a bit of a sour mood going towards Fire Soul - she honestly still hadn't entirely made up her mind but had ended up arguing with Miyuki about it for a good couple hours last night about it. Miyuki didn't want Misaki to put herself in that much danger - oh, so it's fine if Miyuki does it and worries Misaki sick instead?

"Oh, hey Nana!" Misaki said cheerfully, her stormy expression chased off as if it was never there to begin with.

"Oh crap, that's right, I forgot to text you last night. I was going to let you know I was okay but we were just exhausted."

"Not a scratch on me, and Miyuki only got scuffed up a bit. I managed to avoid getting hurt from the fall- anyway we're both good." Oops, nearly went into details. She glanced at Miyuki; she really wanted to tell Nana the whole story, but... figured she'd probably get like, handcuffed and taken to some government blacksite or something if she did. "Guess it's kinda lucky that I wasn't able to get you a ticket like I wanted to, heh..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #393 on: January 24, 2024, 07:15:53 pm »

"I'm just glad people mostly got out okay. Although I didn't realize Misaki was going to be at the show at all." She isn't quite able to banish her conflicted expression, which in all likelihood makes her look sinister and angry.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 24, 2024, 07:23:50 pm »

"Ehh...it's fine. You should take me somewhere nice next time, though, Misaki, to make up for it!" Nana briefly pouts, before sighing. "I'm just glad you weren't hurt. I don't know what I would've done."

She briefly jumps when she detects the aura of irritation from Miyuki, however.

"Eehh...Miyuki, are you...okay? I hope I wasn't interrupting something with your sister."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 24, 2024, 07:24:04 pm »

So that happened. She really is living in her own world.
Seitaro looks at Hikari for a moment, a bit surprised, a bit dumbfounded. He calmly listens to her stammering. Then...

"Ahahahahaha!"
After his heartfelt laughter, he gives Hikari a thumbs-up.
"No, no, no, I should have noticed. Plus, it just goes to show how much all of this means to you. Please, for the pursuit of your passion and your dreams, feel free to bump into me as often as needed."

That girl really makes it easy to not be angry at her for long. If they'll be all in a group together, no doubt to him that Hikari will become the face of them. So much for outshining her, he's already defeated in that department.
As he lowers his hand and returns to a relaxed posture, awaiting her reaction, Seitaro couldn't help but wonder for a short moment: When was the last time he had such an earnest, unconditional, honest laugh?

Was her life always this carefree...?
This sudden thought spurs him to continue instead of waiting for the reaction.
"Being both an idol and a Mirager, thinking about it must be scary, isn't it?"
"Once I calmed down last night and thought about it, I realized I just got swept in the moment by adrenaline and the heat of the moment. I'll miss flying around, but I doubt I'm the kind of talent Fire Soul really wants out of me."

In truth, he was unable to calm down properly during the night. He repeatedly woke up, drenched in sweat, having that time he first held the knife reawaken in vivid details in his sleep, even though he was sure he managed to supress those memories before. Those long-forgotten nightmares returning cemented it to him that he needs to keep his distance from everything that would put him in at the frontline against Amanojaku. And since his dancing is clubbing-level at best and his singing, while refined, is still something he'd prefer to share with people who care, he doubt he could make for a good idol either.
He didn't ask to be anything like that.
He is no hero.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 24, 2024, 07:29:28 pm »

"Eh? I mean...."
"No, actually. I mean...the Mirager part is...a little weird, but...this is all I've wanted to do all my life. I don't even care if I'm not famous, or anything like that. Just getting to sing alongside someone like Kumon-senpai, and getting to be like her and make other people happy with my songs is enough."

Hikari clenches her fists to show off her determination.
"Even if they don't want me in Fire Soul after all that, I don't mind at all. I'll find another way to reach everyone with my music."
"Ehehehe. My answer's kinda weird, isn't it? You'd think someone who wants to be an idol wants to be famous, but....I honestly don't even care about that. Just that my songs can reach someone and make them happy is enough to make me happy. If I get to do it with my friends and my favorite singer, I'll be even happier!"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 07:32:02 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 24, 2024, 07:38:37 pm »

"Who do you think you're talking to? Like I'd let a big monster hurt me that easy."

"Sure, you're on. Let me know when you're free, we can work out when our schedules line up."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 24, 2024, 08:02:02 pm »

"That's definitely my Misaki."
"Actually, I'm free after this. I was just heading up to Fire Soul. They were advertising for paid internships for students, so I figured I'd give it a go, you know?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 24, 2024, 08:25:03 pm »

"I was wondering why you were here. You'll breeze through it, no problem." She wondered if she could put in a word for her... not that she'd need it, Nana was almost unreasonably talented.
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 24, 2024, 08:30:19 pm »

"Heehee, thanks! Maybe I'll buy you a ticket next time there's a concert in Sendo."
Nana pauses.
"Wait, I assume you're here for the internship too, right? Unless Fire Soul wanted to give you compensation or something for last night."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #401 on: January 24, 2024, 08:34:40 pm »

"Oh, no, I'm fine. Last night was just stressful, is all." She waves her hands in front of herself in a sort of deflecting fashion. "I do wish Misaki were a little more conscious of her own safety, though. She can be reckless and it makes me worry." At the mention of why Misaki is here, she glances to the side, not quite wanting to bring the argument up again.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 24, 2024, 08:42:15 pm »

...Oh yeah obviously she'd ask.

"Well, uh, before everything kicked off I got a chance to meet some of the Fire Soul members." Not untrue. "We talked a bit and, uh, it came up that I could kind of sing since Miyuki and I practiced together..." Also not a lie that did come up! And Tsubasa was a fire soul member who heard it! Just a bit of a stretch... "And one thing led to another and after we were all safe they asked me to come by when I had a chance..."
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 24, 2024, 08:53:17 pm »

"I can imagine how stressful it was. Still, with someone as reliable as Misaki, I think it would be fine."
Then Misaki speaks.
"Oh, wow! Uh, congratulations! It must be an honor getting scouted by Fire Soul! I hear it's really tough to get in. They had a bunch of auditions a while back, and I hear there was a bunch of big utaite who signed up and didn't get in. There was this big one I follow, RUNE, who was so excited, she'd been talking about the auditions for weeks on her channel. She didn't get in either."

Thankfully, Hikari doesn't overhear their conversation, or Misaki's cover would be blown.

Nana smiles.
"Anyway, as long as it's my Misaki, I believe you can do it! Especially with someone like your big sister helping you out! Although wouldn't that make you rivals on stage?"
« Last Edit: January 24, 2024, 08:55:18 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2024, 09:24:42 pm »

The coffee cup laid on the ground, alone and cold. The way to the top, born from a desire of pushing her limits, had taken away from her all the warmth. A conqueror's path would cost that and more.

The wind chilled her down to the bone, the fresh weather turning into cold shivers that ran through her sweater, and the sensation that drove her up there - control - seemed to be gone at the first show of consequences. She took a full breath, recovering from the climb, as she sat down on the ground.

At the very least, Abigail knew that the view from the top was one to "bask" at, albeit obstructed by one of the Fire Soul performer's display of balance. She reached for the cold cup, removing the lid and drinking from it.

"I should've grabbed something to eat." She muttered, staring at Tsubasa from the ground, her attention caught by the twirl of his weapon, Conquest's reflexes working overtime for her misfortune.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50