Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35045 times)

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #495 on: February 01, 2024, 05:29:33 pm »

She gave a quick glance towards Seitaro - sizing him up. Having heard of the nature of his Mirager, she could feel how her necklace nudged her towards him. She sighed, shaking her head as if attempting to shake the thought of challenging him right there - the mental image of conjuring her bow and recklessly swinging it without a care - away. "So, have we shown the ropes of the work to the newbies yet? I'll be damned if I miss this."
"Not yet. It's pretty much a formality at this point considering we're in on the whole story, but until we signed the contracts, we're technically not idols."
Seitaro stands up and points in Hikari's direction.
"We've been thinking about costume designs though thanks to little miss artist here."

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 01, 2024, 06:44:38 pm »

Briar looks like he's about to make a smarmy comment, but thinks better of it in this moment. "Sorry to hear. They a'int easy questions. It's never easy to fight for your life, even if you got a knack for it."

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 01, 2024, 07:17:19 pm »

"Hah. For technically not idols, you all sure did rock the stage yesterday." Abigail rubbed her neck as she arched her back, letting a soft chuckle. "So... costume designs, huh... Well, I took inspiration from my Mirage, speaking plainly. If a bound relic makes you the big ol' favor to dress you up when you gotta do hero stuff, might as well honor it on the stage, ain't that the thought."

Abigail then relaxed her posture, hiding her hands on her pockets before addressing Hikari, a low smirk crossing her face. "So, what's the thought, artist?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 01, 2024, 08:02:22 pm »

"Eh? Well...um," Hikari rubs the back of her head, chuckling nervously before turning a page to a pink and white ensemble, a giant ribbon attached to the waist.
"This one's my favourite. I sorta based it on Setsuna's stagewear at Makuhari Messe last year, and I think it'd really go with my Mirager outfit, because it's the same color and everything. It's uh...one of the only ones I felt confident in taking inspiration from...because all her dresses are so revealing..."

She further flips through another few, including a red dress, with a rainbow-colored tie and white highlights, and a black and red crop top, scarf and short skirt.

"I went through a few concepts trying to see which one I liked the most or felt really comfortable. I-I mean, I didn't actually MAKE them, y-yet, I didn't really have any the materials to do it."
"I mean, I also had a few designs based on your stage outfits too, Abbie-senpai. I always thought your aesthetic was really cool! Your songs are also really strong, too....I actually used to follow reposts of your singing, when I was starting out on my Youtube channel."
"ImeanyouallweresuchinspirationstomesoIcan'thelpbutbealittle-ohwaitI'mbabblingaren'tII'mreallysorry!"
"Good grief, Minase. It's a wonder you can even sing so well if you talk a mile a minute."
"I-I babble when I get nervous!"

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 01, 2024, 08:47:02 pm »

"The Makuhari Messe..."

Abigail takes a look at the designs, her narrowed eyes slowly widening. "Wait. Hold on. These aren't bad." The pages and designs join into a blur, many of the details and intricacies of each dress evoking old feelings. Although less convoluted, it would've been a fit for the wardrobe of back then - specially the crop top.

Yet, sweaters and rugged jeans were her bread and butter now. "Could lay them over a contrasting color if it being revealing is..."

"Well, I'll be damned, this is..." Abigail then took a deep breath, trying to quench her own enthusiasm, aided by the mention of the reposts. Guarded, Abigail gave Hikari an approving nod. "They're pretty alright, I've got to say. You've got eye."

"I hope she hasn't seen the first videos. Or at least that she hasn't connected me to back then. One can only pray."
"Hah, as long as you don't start babbling on stage... shouldn't worry much."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 08:51:03 pm by LyfeldLesk »

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 02, 2024, 12:20:19 am »

Momiji arrived at Fire Soul's building surprisingly earlier then she expected given she stopped to to grab a cup ramen to eat as she walked.

"Of course no one is here to greet me." Momiji said with a sigh before taking the final slurp of noodles. Tossing the now empty cup Momiji takes her phone out and sends a text back to the number that contacted her earlier. "Okay I'm here now what...also you better be paying over time. Since I was suppose to have the day off"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 03:16:56 am by rustytengo »

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 02, 2024, 03:58:08 am »

"Heh. Adorable."
It is rather unclear if Seitaro is refering to Hikari's babbling or to Abigail supressing her excitement to appear professional. He then raises his right hand to form a fist with a self-confidently extended thumbs roaring upwards.
"If she blabbers on stage, I'll just rip her spotlight away and distract the audience with my magnetic allure until she calms down. How's that for teamwork ☆"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 02, 2024, 05:53:48 am »

"I don't know about that one. Cute clumsy girls are in vogue for idols."
"Who said I was clumsy?!"
No response. Momiji figures; they never reply, usually because Kazuma or Haruka gives the marching orders.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 02, 2024, 06:24:49 am »

"Hah, already got the competition mindset on." Abigail chuckled at Seitaro's remark, crossing her arms.

"Oh, right. Before I forget - I was told there was something being talked about mirages - how there was some third type or something." Abigail took a step back, sighing as she tried to find a chair to sit on - and spin, most likely.

"Can we take advantage of that in any manner? If this Black Mirager has any tricks..." She shrugged. "I certainly wouldn't mind doing some of that 'cutting the fabric of space to run away from problems' it pulled on me and the others at backstage."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 02, 2024, 06:32:36 am »

"Yeah, that's just Cosmos Biorhythm - I think, that's the formal name fer it. Warpin' space. Pretty damn rare, or so the Professor says." Azusa remarks. "I've only seen it a few times. Never seen someone use it to cut a hole open though like that, but I've seen people use it to like, teleport projectiles and stuff."
"You can have types of Biorhythm?"
"Elements, like some kinda video game. Everyone's born with one even if they don't got the fold receptors to use a Mirage. The Professor says mine's fire, so that checks out. Stuff like Cosmos is freakin' rare. Supposedly if you got that, you have like, alien blood or somethin'. The Professor went on about alternate worlds or realities or whatever."
"Eeehhh? That's a thing?!"
"You gotta ask the Professor. I don't know shit."

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 02, 2024, 06:47:37 am »

Seitaro raises his hand.
"That third type would be me, if I understood it correctly. Don't ask me for details, all I know is that the Professor wants to experiment on Nyghthowl as a result."
He looks towards Azusa.
"I'd be surprised if I would be anything other than Wind. The air bubbles and being able to fly are pretty strong hints in my book."

Placing his fingers on his chin, he thinks for a moment before adressing the more experienced Miragers in general.
"Frankly, I want to fly again right now. Can I transform at will or is there something like a trigger or restriction? Oh, please tell me I can fly without transforming, that would be absolutely bombastic!"

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 02, 2024, 07:10:07 am »

Abigail slowly spun on the chair, looking at her shoes. "Pfft. Alien blood."Then again, it wouldn't be that strange." "Do we know what else these third-types can do?"

She kept spinning at a more consistent rate, kicking her feet against the floor to boost herself around.

"Mhm, flying. Ask blue-hair personally. Landlubbers like me don't bother with... uh, that."

Abigail smirked, stopping her spin as she threw a cocky glare at Tsubasa. "If you can't fly, I fear you can't be defended at the bi-annual Tsubasa council. It's in the name, afterall."

"Then again, if he could "fly fly", he wouldn't need to get on the top of a fence, right?"
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 07:21:28 am by LyfeldLesk »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 02, 2024, 07:44:36 am »

Azusa shakes her head.
"Can't fly without transforming. Can't do Mirager shit without transforming. You also gotta be singing or have someone else be singing to transform, too. Something about fold receptors only being active when they receive phonic gain. I dunno, I ain't exactly the egghead around here."
"As for what else these new spooky Mirages can do, no clue. I've seen them once before, but I ain't got a clue if they're anything special."

Tsubasa thinks about flight.
"You wanna fly, huh? Me too, Imaeda. That was...something else."
Feeling the wind was one thing, but flight? He couldn't just go back to parkour after that.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 02, 2024, 08:12:39 am »

"That was indeed something else..."

When Tsubasa responded and Seitaro looked at him, his enthusiasm dampened instantly. Looking at him while thinking about flight, he cannot help but think about yesterday.
"MINASE!"
Sure, he was an absolute novice thrown into cold water, but he had the hang of flying. He already was fast. But...
"Run or sing."
One single change in how yesterday unfolded and Hikari wouldn't sit here, being silly, being passionate, being excited, being nervous, being bubbly.
"Yeah, I figured something like that, Kumon-senpai."
Sing, or have someone else be singing. He looks at Hikari. His feelings of guilt make it inconceivable for him to have a duet with her. He looks at Tsubasa. He is thankful for what he did, but he is a reminder of his own failures. He looks at Misaki. With his inner turmoil surfacing, having a duet with someone so straightforward and direct now feels... wrong. He can do nothing but wear a mask after all. The happy pretender.

Seitaro looks at his hands, clenching them into fists.
"Don't overthink it... Accel. That is what Nyghthowl tells me."
"And what my heart is telling... for my idol outfit... A stage magician theme."
He looks up to the other Miragers.
"My, Araki-senpai really was right about KISS."

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 02, 2024, 08:26:02 am »

"The council shall decide your fate then, Tsubasa." Abigail grinned, before resuming her spinning.

"Wait. What does he mean with...

"KISS? Like, the band?"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50