Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35049 times)

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #480 on: January 31, 2024, 07:08:01 pm »

Briar finally got bored of scoping out the streets, having not received any followup message despite expecting it. Therefore he had nobody to bug for the remaining half hour, and dancing on the nearest billboard had gotten stale ten minutes ago. After slipping down to the ground level, he decided it would be easiest to just pay a visit to the Fire Soul crew, see how they were holding up after last night's mess.

It wasn't that surprising to him to see Miyuki there either, considering he knew her sister was deciding on the whole Mirager business. He threw up a hand, giving his partner in Miraging a greeting. "Yo, what's up? Looks like you made it here alright."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #481 on: February 01, 2024, 07:37:41 am »

"Hi, Briar. We just finished talking about what happened at the concert. . ." She trailed off with a sigh. "Misaki decided what I was expecting."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 01, 2024, 07:59:54 am »

"Y'mean she went all in on it like I thought she would. Didn't seem the type to let go of a fist fight if she could get it, and especially not if you were doing it too. Y'don't seem too pleased, though." Briar says, leaning up against the wall next to Miyuki. This might be a long conversation for the both of them. "Spill it, you wanted to keep her outta this, right?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #483 on: February 01, 2024, 08:51:09 am »

"Of course I do!" she burst out, with more vehemence than intended. She cleared her throat, looking a bit chagrined, before crossing her arms and continuing. "This is dangerous. Really dangerous. I don't know if I can keep her safe now. It was one thing when there was just a risk of her being caught in an attack, but now she'll actively be seeking Amanojaku out. It was bad enough when I only had to worry about some goon in an alleyway pulling a knife on her when she didn't expect it. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 01, 2024, 09:02:21 am »

"Ahh, look on the bright side. She's here at Fire Soul, and while they a'int government funded, they treat people right. Yah also get the chance to fight at her side, since we tend to work together with them. Better she learns with a team than her having it come say hi and she goes to fight solo, right?' Briar says, trying to cajole his comrade in arms as best as he can manage. [color-limegreen]"You want me to keep an extra eye on her when we fight? I don't think the dreamers here have a medic, so I can at least do that much."[/color]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 01, 2024, 09:24:06 am »

"It's not that easy to let it go just because you know objectively, your sister might be safe."
Haruka interjects, walking over to Miyuki and Briar. She at least isn't shaking anymore, and seems to be pretty well-put together.
"I see where Mukawa's coming from. It's different if you're the older sibling. It's....not easy knowing they'll be in danger. No matter what we say or do, she's always going to be worried about Misaki."

Hikari perks up at Abbie's entrance.
"Hiiii!"
"Late to the party much? What's up, Abbie?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 01, 2024, 10:08:21 am »

Misaki lets out a quiet sneeze before waving at the new arrival.

"I guess everyone's coming around, huh...?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 01, 2024, 10:36:08 am »

Abigail tilts her head slightly, glancing around the room, seeing Hikari, Misaki and Seitaro before chuckling. Hikari was way too cheerful. Considering that just yesternight the newbies were exposed upfront with the Mirager work - straight from the hands of the Amanojaku - one couldn't help but feel envy for Hikari.

"You know how it is, Ember. A good party never introduces all their musicians at once."

She gave a quick glance towards Seitaro - sizing him up. Having heard of the nature of his Mirager, she could feel how her necklace nudged her towards him. She sighed, shaking her head as if attempting to shake the thought of challenging him right there - the mental image of conjuring her bow and recklessly swinging it without a care - away. "So, have we shown the ropes of the work to the newbies yet? I'll be damned if I miss this."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #488 on: February 01, 2024, 11:12:07 am »

She nods at the pink-haired Mirager.
"She's right. I was trying to keep all this hidden from her so she could live her normal life, but all that effort's been ripped away from me overnight. If she got hurt doing Mirager work, I don't know if I could forgive myself."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 01, 2024, 11:21:58 am »

"Take it from me, Miyuki. Watching your younger sibling getting hurt...you never really forgive yourself after that."
"That said...she's in this situation now, and someone like her's too headstrong to be held back. And she might resent you if you try to hold her back from this. They always want to prove themselves to you, and she probably wants to protect you as much as you want to protect her. After all, she's the type to protect others, yes? Maybe she wants to make sure you won't get hurt either. After all, she just found out her older sister has been getting herself into fights with Amanojaku. Realising that...she might not want to leave you alone."

Haruka ignores the voice of a young girl, clad in silver with a Mirage-formed dagger in her hand, saying she'd protect her big sister.

"I don't like the idea of Misaki being a Mirager either, but I think she might also want her older sister to support her even if she doesn't agree with her choices."
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:28:40 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 01, 2024, 11:44:48 am »

"Good family helps people do what they want and shore 'em up when they need help. It's not just about protecting them 'till they can't move a muscle without an alarm goin' off. And besides... If she was this talented at Miragin', somebody'd find her eventually. Or she'd get drawn to it herself... All of us want to sing n'dance." Briar notes.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #491 on: February 01, 2024, 12:53:35 pm »

She sighed again.
"I know. I'm not dumb enough to think I could actually stop her at this point. I'll just have to work twice as hard from here forward." She nodded to herself. "If it had to be someone other than my bosses, I guess it's best it was Fire Soul that picked her up." Despite her own consternation, it was tough to miss how Haruka was talking. Miyuki looked at her questioningly, not wanting to press the issue, but not wanting to ignore it either.
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 01, 2024, 01:47:12 pm »

"If nothing else, Kumon is probably the best Mirager for her to be fighting under, with her strength. Though her attitude might be a problem..."
"Are you okay, Miyuki? You're giving me a weird look."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #493 on: February 01, 2024, 02:46:02 pm »

"The way you're talking about this makes it sound like you've dealt with this before."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 01, 2024, 04:35:20 pm »

"That obvious?"
Haruka sighs.
"Sorry. I...had a younger sister myself. Had to ask myself a lot of these questions. I was hoping I could help."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 50