Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35063 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #420 on: January 25, 2024, 12:41:51 pm »

"Oh, okay."
Nana seems surprisingly relieved.
"I wonder how they'll audition you? I think there's too few people to do a proper round, so you must really have impressed them, huh?"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 02:38:29 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #421 on: January 25, 2024, 01:47:51 pm »

"Yeah, I just bumped into both of them during the ticket incident. It was kinda hard to miss." She peers distractedly at the behatted stranger. Had she met her before. . . ? "Singing and stuff naturally comes up before a show like that."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 26, 2024, 03:51:59 am »

And the song ends. It was a wonderful duet. At some point, Seitaro simply closed his eyes and let their voices do the rest. He opens his eyes again and a few people look at them from afar, quickly moving on when it ended.
For the first time in a long time, Seitaro feels content.

"That was great, Minase-san!"

If she didn't turn into a Mirager, or if blueberry wasn't there... this moment would have never happened.

"..."

After singing together, Seitaro realizes the true reason his nightmare returned in full force: He cannot forgive himself for his hesitation.

"... Hey, I'm seeing Misaki and Miyuki over there. We should greet them, don't you think so?"
Without waiting for a response, he starts walking towards them.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 26, 2024, 04:10:11 am »

Given the day off Momiji decided her time would best be spent doing extra training. After all she was extremely annoyed at herself for (as she perceived it) her horrible performance in the attack yesterday, and the best place to improve on that would be what ever training facilities that EUFON had.

"Hmmm... who would be around that I could rope into helping." She mumbled to herself as she made her way towards the training center.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 26, 2024, 04:28:28 am »

"Oh, so they are! Hiiiii, Misaki! Hi, Miyuki!"
Hikari practically skips over towards the trio.
Momiji, meanwhile, as she makes her way to the facilities, gets a text message.

At around this time, all the other members of EUFON, except for Miyuki and Abbie, receive one too. It tells them to, in about two hours, meet at the address of the Fire Soul agency. The number, you recognise, is one used by the EUFON high command - individuals that you swear you've never met before. Kazuma, reportedly, is the only one who has, but none of you know where he is at the moment.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 26, 2024, 04:48:26 am »

Momiji frowns as she reads the text message, and considers just ignoring it and just say she was in a dead zone or something.

"Na, that wouldn't work." she sighed before turning round and started to retrace the path she took to get where she was "So much for giving us a day off. I should make them pay me over time for this." she mused as she slowly makes her way out of the building making sure to grab some heavy ankle and wrist weights as she did "Well, I can make the walk into some training at least." she said nod as she made her way to the address.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 04:52:06 am by rustytengo »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 26, 2024, 10:17:27 am »

"Hey Hikari, Seitaro." Misaki says, waving them over. "Lucky we all came at the same time, huh? Honestly after yesterday I nearly just slept in for another few hours, Miyuki had to drag me out of the bed, hehe."

"Oh, and this is Nana. Star student and way better at Judo than you'd expect someone that cute to be, generally A+ best friend material." Got to make sure they're aware that someone who isn't quite in the know is there...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 26, 2024, 01:07:59 pm »

"Honestly? After what happened yesterday, I expect everyone adorable to be able to throw punches at this point."
Seitaro chuckles for a second before raising his hand for a casual, friendly wave.
"Nice to meet you, Nana-san. You here to cheer on Misaki?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 26, 2024, 03:45:26 pm »

"Oh, you're Misaki's friend? It's really nice to meet you, Nana! Misaki's really nice, so you're really lucky to have her!"

"Yeah. I suppose I'm lucky to have someone like Misaki. It's nice to meet you two," Nana answers. "And no, I'm....actually here to apply for a job myself. As a recording intern. I uh...I think I'm only good at singing at karaoke."

Then what Seitaro said clocks in Nana's mind.
"Punches? Did Misaki try to punch the Amanojaku or something? I hope she didn't, but it sounds like something my Misaki would do...."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 03:47:08 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #429 on: January 26, 2024, 03:56:51 pm »

"She did. I had to drag her away before she hurt herself."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 26, 2024, 04:02:00 pm »

“I didn’t think I could actually fight it barehanded you know! I just thought it might give us an opening to get away if I gave it a good whack…”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 26, 2024, 07:43:22 pm »

Nana sighs exasperatedly.
"Take better care of yourself, Misaki. If you got hurt, I wouldn't know what to do with myself."

Just then, Haruka arrives.
"Good afternoon, everyone. Miyuki, I hope I didn't keep you."

Not long after, Javier appears at the front door of the building. You notice that he has his arm in a cast.
"Afternoon, everyone. My name is Javier Luna, manager for the Fire Soul Agency. If you're here for Fire Soul, do you mind following me upstairs?"

At that, the mysteriously behatted lady steps away from the others. Javier gazes at her briefly, as if he recognises her too, but doesn't comment.

"Uh, well....actually, I'm not here for an audition. I heard you had an internship position?"
Javier nods.
"Ah. You must be Yukine Nana. I saw your application. Quite the talented applicant, aren't you? Very well, come up with us."

After you head up to the Fire Soul Agency floors - the unknown lady departing at the floor beneath, you arrive at Fire Soul's reception. The place is simple; the Fire Soul logo behind a desk with a placard mentioning that the reception is closed for lunch, with red and white walls. Seats are placed against the walls.

To the left, platinum and double platinum awards are hung up on the wall, corresponding to the successes of the Fire Soul singers - you can make out Azusa, Hagane and Nagisa's names. To the right, the album covers can be seen. Behind the reception, a group picture can be seen of Javier, Minako, Azusa, Nagisa, Hagane and Tsubasa.

Javier nods at the others.
"Miss Yukine, please come with me. I'll need to take things slow, I'm afraid."
"Ah. I'm guessing you got caught up in the incident last night?"
"Unfortunately so. Please, be patient with me."

Nana turns back to Misaki, smiling.
"Guess I'll see you later, Misaki. Good luck with your audition!"
With that, she accompanies Javier into a side room.

At that point, Professor Ormrsdottir shows up. Holding a mug of coffee, she looks even more sleepless than usual. From the looks of it, this is probably somewhere between her twentieth and thirtieth cup of coffee.
"Ah. You're all here. Excellent. Follow me."

Before waiting for a reply, she turns around and heads down a corridor leading to an elevator.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 26, 2024, 07:51:11 pm »

"I was referring to the thug stealing Minase's ticket... but yeah, that happened too. I'll be honest, despite the dramatic situation, I had to hold back a chuckle in that moment."
And then Javier appears to take them all along, followed by the Professor. Fair, it was about time anyway.
"Good luck, Nana-san!"

As Seitaro follows to the elevator, his expression becomes more serious.
"I guess first the explanation, then the question."

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 26, 2024, 08:42:53 pm »

Briar receives the text with a scowl from his current crash pad, but the destination isn't too far. All he knows for sure is that 'two hours' means 'try to make it sometime before then' if he understood them right.

Therefore, he decides to get up, dress up, and get ready for whatever bull they had in mind from the getgo so he can go back to sleep. He puts on his oversized coat, a signature look he never sheds even when it's scorching out. Thankfully, while it's still unseasonable to wear it, the black and green style maker is still cool enough to live with.

He skates down to the Fire Soul Agency, arriving in minutes to its front door. He knows whose place this is, so why EUFON wanted to meet up here was beyond him. He decides to scope the place out, see if he can see anything that'd catch his eye this early.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 26, 2024, 08:47:13 pm »

Freydis leads you down an elevator to a different floor, this leading to a small corridor into what looks like a....very cramped laboratory. An entire hoard of books and other Mirage-related literature is atop most of the surfaces in the room, a good portion of it with the Professor's name on it. One table has nothing but discarded coffee cups and mugs stacked high. A compartment embedded into the wall can be seen open, with wall hooks with the designations of the Mirages wielded by Fire Soul. Most of them are empty and accounted for, except two; AGR-r02 Angrvathall and ISH-r12 Ishtar. In the corner, you see a machine with a greyish diamond suspended in a container in the middle, two robotic arms making contact and sparking at it.

Several computer screens are open across another wall, with a deluge of images, names and academic papers on them. Most of them are incomprehensible to you laymen, but presumably mean something to Freydis. The only screen that has anything of interest is one that lists the Mirages currently active.

Quote from: Active Mirage Database
SONG-type:
BRS-r00 - Brisingamen
AYM-r01 - Aymr
AGR-r02 - Angrvathall
FRG-r03 - Fragarach
TZN-r04 - Tizona - IN REPAIRS
MLT-r05 - Moralltach
YGG-r07 - Yggdrasil
GGN-r08 - Gungnir - ON LOAN
ICV-r09 - Ichaival - ON LOAN
ANH-r10 - Ameno-Habakiri - ON LOAN
SJG-r11 - Shenshoujing - ON LOAN
ISH-r12 - Ishtar - ACTIVE, LOCATION UNKNOWN
KND-r81 - Khanda

EUFON-type:
IGL-e00 - Igalima - ACTIVE, LOCATION UNKNOWN
SHG-e01 - Shul Shagana - ACTIVE, LOCATION UNKNOWN
DBN-e06 - Duban
DYN-e09 - Dyrnwyn
NEM-e10 - Nemea
AGS-e14 - Aegis
GRA-e15 - Gradivus
SVN-e18 - Svalinn
KLD-e22 - Kaladanda
ARG-e23 - Airgetlam - ACTIVE, LOCATION UNKNOWN
BGT-e71 - Beagalltach
RNF-e82 - Reinfleche

UNKNOWN PROVENANCE:
? ? ? -x00 - UNKNOWN DESIGNATION
? ? ? -x01 - UNKNOWN DESIGNATION
NGH-r11/NGH-x04 - Nyghthowl - DESIGNATION FALSIFIED
K0N-Q3St e100/KQN-x05 - Conquest - DESIGNATION FALSIFIED
Freydis takes another sip of her coffee, before continuing.
"Before I continue, I need your answers. What I am about to say, I cannot reveal to anyone who isn't already a Mirager.

I need to know if you want anything to do with being a Mirager. If you don't, it's simple. Hand over your Mirage and walk away. I won't stop you, and we will never contact you again as a Mirager. This goes doubly for you, Mukawa Misaki. I understand your sister has her concerns and I will not compel her to make you stay, nor will I compel you to stay with us. She deserves that much, and I will respect her position on this matter.

If you stay, I will try to answer your questions as best as I can. I have full contracts with Fire Soul, with your names. I will talk you through them as soon as we've explained what happened last night, and you will, from this day onward, be considered one of us. But if you leave, then leave now."

At this, Hikari clenches her fists.
"I already made up my mind. I'm staying! I promised Kumon-senpai and Miki I would, so I will, and that's that!"
"Of course you are."

Tsubasa appears in the doorway, arms folded, leaning against the doorframe.
"Fine. If you're flying high, so am I. Though....I didn't think you weren't."
"Miki! I'm so glad you're performing with us."

Freydis simply nods.
"It's just you two then, Imaeda, Mukawa. I won't compel you to stay, nor will I tell you to go. This will be a difficult path. You will need to both sing for others and fight for others.

Still, I know the song within you both is yearning to get out. It's up to you two if you want to indulge it or not."
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 50