Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35066 times)

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #285 on: January 10, 2024, 04:05:09 pm »

"Tch. Those who wrong me will not be left unpunished. Brace yourself!"

Conquest recoils after feeling their energy be drained away, and rides towards their target holding their bow high and ready to strike.

Conquest moves to M13 and attacks Elder B, challenging them with Courageous Dominion.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 10, 2024, 08:46:13 pm »

"Hey, I was gonna get that one!" Misaki pouts as Momiji gets in her way; they were going to finish off all the monsters at this rate and she'd barely broken a sweat!

Q12
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 11, 2024, 05:21:23 pm »

"Eh, better this way than having our hands more than full, I'd say."

Seitaro flies forward and finally gets contact with an enemy. He figures he could try to utilize the knife in a more "mundane" way and calls Nyghthowl from under the pauldron into his hand. His guts feeling says it'll return by its own power, so might as well test that theory in an environment where he has backup.

O14, switch to Edge style before throwing Nyghthowl at Elder Leech B.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 12, 2024, 07:52:27 am »

Tsubasa to P15, Drop Hikari on P16.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2024, 08:36:29 pm »

One of the insect-like Hitobosu lunges towards Kazuma, sensing weakness in him. Kazuma, however, is ready.
Quote from: Kazuma vs. Elder Leech Hitobosu E
(Kazuma makes the quick farewell!)
(Kazuma's Imperishable Shield is active! 7 HP)
(Elder Leech Hitobosu E is shielded!)
(Araki's Live [Hard As Rock] is active on Kazuma! +3 DR)
(Kazuma is overflowing with a mysterious power!)

Kazuma initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
(Luna check: 12, pass!)
(Elder Leech Hitobosu E's shielding is pierced!)
Elder Leech Hitobosu E takes 33 damage!

Elder Leech Hitobosu E is defeated!
(Kazuma's Imperishable Shield activates!)
Kazuma gains 7 HP!

With surprising grace, Kazuma swings his halberd around, cleaving the Hitobosu in half even through its hardened shell, causing it to crumble away into ash. Nagisa's calming song helps him steel his mind, despite his confrontation with the black Mirager leaving something broken in him. Another Hitobosu, sensing weakness in him, lunges forward, mandibles ready to tear through his armor...

But Kazuma was ready.

Quote from: Nagisa
(Nagisa will put Kazuma's troubles to rest!)

Nagisa casts Again!
Kazuma may move again!

Quote from: Kazuma vs. Elder Leech Hitobosu C
(Kazuma makes the quick farewell!)
(Kazuma's Imperishable Shield is active! 14 HP)
(Elder Leech Hitobosu C is shielded!)
(Araki's Live [Hard As Rock] is active on Kazuma! +3 DR)
(Kazuma is overflowing with a mysterious power!)

Kazuma initiates!
Hit Rate: Irrelevant
Hit: Autohit!
(Luna check: 2, pass!)
(Elder Leech Hitobosu C's shielding is pierced!)
Elder Leech Hitobosu C takes 33 damage!

Elder Leech Hitobosu C is defeated!
(Kazuma's Imperishable Shield activates!)
Kazuma gains 1 HP!

The Hitobosu impales itself on Kazuma's halberd, struggling before going still, crumbling to black dust. He props himself up with his halberd, breathing heavily.

Meanwhile, one of the remaining Hitobosu rears up, preparing to face a charging Hagane with a loud, chittering screech.
Quote from: Hagane vs. Elder Leech Hitobosu A
(Hagane overflows with a mysterious power!)
(Hagane is a prideful fool...)
(Hagane's Full Metal Jacket activates!)
(Hagane's Heavy Metal activates! +5 DEF)
(Elder Leech Hitobosu A is shielded!)

Hagane initiates!
Hit Rate: 56 to hit
Hit: 29, hit!
Elder Leech Hitobosu A takes 1 damage!

Elder Leech Hitobosu A is defeated!

The bodies of Hitobosu are unnaturally tough. Most human-made materials cannot tear through them with ease; the False Biofold Waves that permeate Hitobosu and Amanojaku render them resistant to anything that does not heterodyne with the waves, such as the Biorhythm frequency that just happens to be utilised by all Miragers. Even so, after considering the power of Biorhythm, Hitobosu are still not always vulnerable. The unique mix of magical affinity and phonic gain that is required to engage the Hitobosu means that the Hitobosu are capable of resisting certain types of Biorhythm assault.

As such, some Hitobosu and Amanojaku are resistant to certain modes of attack. This one was resistant to Biorhythm-based assaults. Moreover, some Hitobosu and Amanojaku are so permeated by False Biofold Waves that their bodies are resistant to assault from anything that isn't actively channeling high levels of Biorhythm.

So it was a testament to Araki Hagane's sheer stubbornness that, despite all that working against him, his assault results in him squashing a Hitobosu flat with a comically large boulder.

Quote from: Briar
Briar casts Salve α!
Miyuki regains 10 HP!

Quote from: Abbie vs. Elder Leech Hitobosu B
(Abbie overflows with a mysterious power!)
(Abbie is under a rapturous rush!)
(Abbie's Thunderous Rider activates! +2 AS, +4 DMG)
(Abbie is being drained...)
(Elder Leech Hitobosu B is shielded!)

Abbie activates Courageous Dominion!
Elder Leech Hitobosu B will attack Abbie until it or she is downed!

Abbie initiates!
Hit Rate: 66 to hit
Hit: 12, hit!
Critical: 12, pass!
(Vengeance check: 12, pass!)
Elder Leech Hitobosu B deals 43 damage!

Elder Leech Hitobosu B is defeated!
A single rippling shot annihilates the last Hitobosu in sight, as Abbie steps through its disintegrating remains.
~~~~Map Complete~~~~
You will receive 4 level ups.

Just when you believe the battle is over, Haruka sprints forwards, sword at the ready.

"I can still sense that Mirager nearby. I'm in pursuit! Follow me!"
"Gotcha, Shirokawa!"

Azusa surges forward behind Haruka, heading towards the corridor where the Mirager disappeared, dragging Aymr behind her.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2024, 09:34:59 pm »

Miyuki glanced back at her sister.

"Stay here, I'll be back soon! She darted forward on her jets, aiming to use her speed to overtake Haruka - and hopefully the fleeing Mirager, too.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2024, 09:39:18 pm »

"The what- hey, wait up!" Misaki obviously did not in fact stay put.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 15, 2024, 03:20:17 am »

"tsk"Momijji clicked her tongue and pouted a bit as Kazuma finished off the enemy she was heading towards but quickly followed after Haruka in pursuit of the fleeing enemy.

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 15, 2024, 11:42:08 am »

"Hah... insects."

Conquest wheezes, twirling their bow and storing it behind their back.

"So, that pesky one from before still refuses to give up? Hah."

Grasping the reigns of their metallic mount, Conquest bolts forwards, a frenzied grin on their face.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 15, 2024, 11:52:11 am »

While sprinting, Misaki and Miyuki notice a broken piece of metal. It was part of the Mirager's sword, having broken off against Kazuma's Duban in their earlier clash.
Kazuma tries to hurtle forward, but winces. Whatever energies he was exposed to by the other Mirager, it has taken a toll on him. Haruka stops to tend to him briefly.

"Damn it..."
"Stay here, Nago."
"...I'm not letting her get away. Shirogane almost got...damn it..."
"Shirogane can handle herself. So can I. Stay here."

Kazuma looks as if he is about to ignore her plea, but simply sighs, and closes his eyes, as his Mirager form dissipates, leaving him in his civilian form.
As Azusa, Misaki and Miyuki run forwards, Haruka trailing behind, they can see, at the end of a long corridor, the black Mirager about to disappear out of a fire door. She looks back at you, her visor flashing briefly as Azusa feels her eyes on Aymr, before turning back to the door to leave.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 15, 2024, 01:04:19 pm »

Araki grumbled as Azusa and the others chased the other Mirager, but before he did the same, he remembered something.

: Javi! Are you alright, Javi?

Araki looked around, but in the battle, he'd lost track of him. He began gathering air, and if no one did anything to stop him, he'd bellow out loudly like before.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #296 on: January 15, 2024, 02:07:59 pm »

"You can't run from me!" Miyuki shouted, deciding to address her sister in a moment in lieu of chasing the perpetrator of this whole mess. She darted forward once again, hoping that the enemy Mirager couldn't get too far away before she arrived.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 15, 2024, 07:50:15 pm »

Briar skates over to Kazuma, flipping his board up as he settles down next to the wounded Mirager. "Ah you sure as hell don't look good there. What'd you get hit by that big, tough Reaper got knocked on his ass? A sledgehammer or sommat?"

The flippant attitude is perhaps assuaged by the application of healing magic. Briar's a medic first and foremost, and something tells him not even he'd be able to catch that black mirager right now, he was too far behind. Better to make sure nobody's going to end up a corpse on his watch.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2024, 08:51:29 pm »

Mirage Siren pats off her dress, as if congratulating herself on a job well done and pulled aside her skirts and dipped down as if curtseying to an imaginary audience.

"It would seem as though the main acts have concluded but there is still the finale left to be seen. They are still many things left to be revealed. And the heroine shall be there for it!"

And then quickly dashed off to follow the rest in pursuit of fleeing Black Mirager, probably a little behind the others but no worries, she started further back. She'll catch up in time.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 16, 2024, 10:47:38 am »

As Araki bellows for Javier, the old man stumbles out from the wall that had been broken earlier. He looks like he's seen better days, with one arm hanging limply and multiple cuts across his body. Still, he offers a smile as he walks through the wreck. Judging by the lack of other serious wounds aside from the broken arm, Javier gave as good as he got.

"I'll live, Araki."

He bends over to pick up his damaged Mirage, having been forgotten in the chaos.
"Shame I won't be joining you in the field until I can get the Professor to fix this...and uh....the minor factor of the broken arm."

He winces as he leans by a wall to rest himself. He really wasn't as young as he used to be.

"You and Fujibayashi doing fine? I know Kumon probably rushed off after the lady that did this."
"..."
"Their song. Something was...off about it. Like it was draining me. I don't know how the hell that worked. She didn't scratch me but..."

Kazuma sighs, leaning back. The healing waves on him aren't doing much to improve his state, Briar notices, but he doesn't seem to be getting worse, either.
The unknown Mirager, upon seeing Miyuki run at her, stares at her, her visor flashing as she analyses Miyuki's Mirage.

"Analysing threat. Mirage designation "Beagalltach", threat level high."

She turns to face Miyuki, drawing her own sword and begins to sing.

[Now Playing: ~~INFORMATION HIGH~~]

"If we get the transient facts, then we'll feel the info high...."

The Mirager's odd waves wash over Miyuki as she soars at them. As they do, Miyuki senses herself growing weaker; her voice feels quieter, even the output from her jets is lowering, and her speed is decreasing the closer she gets to them.

"If we get the transient facts, then we'll be really free..."

She'd felt the sensation of another Mirager boosting her with their powers, but somehow this was the opposite.  The Mirager was preparing to attack the minute Miyuki got into range. If Miyuki wants to do something, she needs to do something and fast.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 01:48:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50