Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 35219 times)

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 1: The Song that Connects... (IC Thread)
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2023, 11:30:52 am »

: Who's "we"? Are you two the only ones involved or is there anyone else?

: Either way yer lucky SHE isn't the one coming here or you'd be sayin' goodbye to yer kneecaps, chuckleheads! Araki turned to Nagisa.

: Waddaya think, partner?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2023, 01:44:36 pm »

"I want to hear the other one's side of the story. We've heard Blue's truth, but I don't think Black's is going to match it at all."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2023, 03:40:11 pm »

"Kindred spirits, huh?"

Misaki can't help but whistle.

"Been a lot of places haven't you? I figure Miyuki's been around a bit more since joining up with KNIGHTMARES, but I've sort of always been stuck around here. City kid through and through."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2023, 08:51:47 pm »

"Yeah, our life is pretty quiet, mostly. Getting to see new places is nice, although being an idol and everything is still pretty daunting."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2023, 08:45:01 pm »

At that, Mr. Blue Hoodie visibly cringes.
"Nonono please! Anything but A-Azusa! We promise! We'll even find M-Minase and return it to her!""

Mr. Black Hoodie, however, doesn't say a thing. Indeed, upon examination by Nagisa, he begins twitching slightly. Kazuma doesn't say anything, not at the moment, but you can tell; there's something very, very wrong here.

Tsubasa nods at Miyuki.
"Mukawa, we gotta talk sometime, then, about the places you've seen. Share stories sometime, maybe some tips. I've been meaning to get good at singing."
"Oh, can I come along? I-If that's okay with you and Mukawa-senpai...."
"Sure. Come with. If...Mukawa-san's okay. And if her sister won't mind us borrowing her a second. I don't think she much likes the idea of a guy being alone with her sis."

The loud cry of the audience outside grabs Tsubasa's attention.
"Well, that's our cue. Come on, let's go!"
Tsubasa sprints down the hallway leading to their seats.

The stage is set.

Three spotlights shine down on the stage.

A fiery red for Azusa.

A blinding white for Haruka.

A regal violet for Setsuna.

Azusa strolls forward, with practiced swagger, the aura of the delinquent that had prowled the streets of Sendo and now came to grace the stage with the face of an angel and an aura of a demon.

She grasps her microphone tightly.
Alright, kiddo. This one's for you.

For a moment, she looks over to Setsuna and Haruka. Haruka seems to be staring off into the distance somewhere. Azusa knew exactly where she was looking, of course; somewhere in the audience, trying to imagine that her sister was there.

She knew, because she was looking that way too.

"Alright, everyone! Are you ready?!"

The roar of the crowd. This was what Azusa lived for. She hated every other trapping of fame. She hated the cutesy shit. The forced politeness. But this? This she could never get enough of.

That and planting her fist squarely into the face of an Amanojaku.

"My, my. You're eager, aren't you?"
"Heh. Let's bring down the house."
"Lead the way, Azusa."

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Queens of Music, live at Sendo Arena!"

The clamour of applause drowns out nearly everything as the three women step forward.
"Eeeeh?! We're sitting here?!"
Hikari tilts her head and practically scurries around the small room they've been given. The seats are soft and well-cushioned, with a mini-fridge in the corner full of fairly expensive drinks, alcoholic and not. The room also contains some binoculars, and a few power sockets around the room. The room has about ten seats inside it, each looking more akin to a throne than a seat in a stadium.

"Pretty nice, huh? This is one of the private boxes they only give out to real VIPs. It's nicely hidden, so nobody can see it. The panels have some kinda holographic camo thingy going on. I uh....didn't really listen when the guides told us about it. It's nice and close to the stage, but as far as anyone else knows, we're just part of the stage dressing."
"Is this really okay?!"
"Ehhhh....probably. I mean, they'll have to deal with Kumon-senpai raising a stink."

Hikari has a look of glee on her face akin to that of a child being told they had free reign of a candy store.
"I never thought I'd ever be in one of these! I mean they must be super exclusive and expensive and my family could never afford one of these and...I'm babbling again, aren't I?"

Then, the roar from outside. Hikari's face is practically plastered to the window.
"Ohmygodthey'restarting!"
She squeals in utterly undisguised glee.

As Briar and the others head towards the backstage area, they suddenly feel a familiar and yet strange sensation.

To a Mirager, the ability to sense when a Mirage is active nearby is akin to a sixth sense for them, difficult to describe. Some describe it as being akin to a visible aura, others feeling like the hairs on the back of their head are raised. The Miragers of Fire Soul and EUFON have long since become accustomed to the feeling, but...

...this, this is different.

Firstly, every Mirager is accounted for, as far as they know. Two on stage, two having gone off to handle whatever situation that Miki kid had gotten himself into, and the rest having gone off with Azusa earlier.

Secondly, there aren't any Amanojaku nearby. As far as they know.

So the sensation of a Mirager, transformed, walking very close by, is very much out of the ordinary.

And very much not supposed to be there.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2023, 09:29:43 pm »

"I do kinda wish I could be on stage too. It was terrifying at first. . . and it still is. . . but I do like singing and dancing for everyone. Like how we used to as kids," she says, this last directed at Misaki. "Just, you know, more public."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2023, 09:33:47 pm »

"I don't like that thought, no."

"I'll have to tag along too then. Miyuki needs to catch me up on her idol adventures anyway~"

~ ~ ~

"It was a lucky break after all, huh Minase-san?"

Misaki takes a moment to check out the seats - real cushy. She's a bit surprised nobody's in there already; you'd think a concert this big, even these exclusive seats would have sold out in a blink. Unless Azusa barged in and cleared it out or something.

"This is a lot for a concert isn't it? Like, a pretty big concert, but still! These seats must cost like three times the backstage passes, how do you even get in here normally? I didn't even see the option when I was buying..."

She settled down into her own seat and started scoping the view out a bit while the conversation wound on. Ah, opportunity!

"And you didn't even think to ask me to try out with you!" Misaki teases her sister. "What happened to the duets we planned on?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2023, 04:41:54 am »

: Get back! Araki yanked blue hoodie guy away from the other one.

: The hell's goin' on?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2023, 05:43:01 am »

"I didn't want you to go to prison for what you'd do after you met certain kinds of fans," Miyuki responds, trying to regain a bit of ground. ". . . Besides, I was a little embarrassed."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2023, 12:09:55 pm »

"Generally, this is where they have like, CEOs of record labels or family of the performers sit for privacy. I've actually been in here once before."
"Eh, for free?"
"Nah, I was with RITA. As for why this box's for free, this box was actually reserved for uh....what was it, some singer or other, Kazanari, I want to say their last name was? Yeah, they couldn't make it tonight, so Javier had the box reserved for Fire Soul and EUFON instead like a few hours before we got in. Didn't have to pay a cent, either; he's got some pull with the management. They apparently owe him for something or other."

Then Misaki mentions singing.
"Eh, you sing too? Maybe next time auditions open up, we should audition together! I'll make it in this time, surely!"

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2023, 01:10:29 pm »

Briar looked up from his workstation, a deep frown creasing his features as he stands up and thumbs the bracelet around his wrist. He approaches Abigail and Arisu again, not caring about the crash and clang of metal hitting stage floor this time. "Hey, you feel that too, right? That a'int right, right?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2023, 01:35:37 pm »

”The seats for family of the performers? I could get used to this kind of place then~”

"I wonder where the rest are, if this is reserved for you guys. The show’s starting and they’ll miss it.”

"And yeah. Miyuki and I used to put on little performances for our parents when we were younger. Miyuki was always super embarrassed about showing off, so I was actually really surprised when I realized she’d gone for it.” she pauses, rubbing the back of her neck. ”Well, that could be pretty fun if I got to do it like Kumon-san does it and don’t have to act super cutesy.”
Sigtext!

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2023, 01:38:48 pm »

Abigail didn't pay mind to the sudden feeling that came over her - a low shiver that began at the top of her back and spread into her arms - until she noticed that the coffee cup that she was holding was shaking. She was.

She turned towards Briar as he came towards both her and Arisu, while her face shifted into a smirk, replaced quickly by a shit-eating grin as realization struck.

"Wouldn't you see - not one to miss the beat, are you?"

There was something - very wrong - going on, that's what her thoughts were yelling at the top of their lungs. And thinking about it... oh, ho, ho. The possibility of it...

"If it isn't right... then it's on us to make it right." Abbie said, smirking as she turned around towards the source of this... sensation. "With some luck... Conquest will get some spotlight."

GreenKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2023, 01:45:14 pm »

"Okay you can keep the puns for later. Let's go figure this shit out, c'mon." Briar said. He wasn't too afraid of another Mirager when it came down to it, but if this was a completely unknown one, then why were they transformed? Were they in combat or chasing something?

No answers would be found by waiting around. Briar followed after Abigail, still thumbing the bracelet's gemstone nervously.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2023, 10:57:58 pm »

"Such barbarity."

"But, very well. I would love to see who it is that has deemed such a display a necessity
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 50