Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14442 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 3: Quarque No More
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2023, 04:37:45 pm »

Well, I know I'm not the cop, so Canadian must be telling the truth and the last scum must be Crystalizedmire. Hard to see any other explanation.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2023, 04:48:56 pm »

If I was scum, why did I start the Sofanthiel wagon when I could've easily voted you out and won the game?
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 09, 2023, 12:24:11 am »

Yeah, this is too much of a "shoot the other guy" choice here for me

Maxspin: like any analysis? For this entire game, you were pretty out of it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 10, 2023, 03:20:35 am »

Yeah no, I don't think i can grab much more from rereading this thread, and just have to guess/trust my gut

Time to disappoint Quarque and the rest of town!

Crystalizedmire

Honestly, high chance of being wrong (more like 50/50) but, I rather not go more insane than I already am from these Mafia games.

If Max is scum, GG because this was just screwing my brain around.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 10, 2023, 03:23:33 am »

Too bad no hammers in this game

I mean, this is still 5 days right? I don't think the other two would respond much to justify waiting it out till the end.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 10, 2023, 11:49:58 am »

Yeah, this is too much of a "shoot the other guy" choice here for me

Maxspin: like any analysis? For this entire game, you were pretty out of it.
Honestly, it seems like it's past time for that... any analysis I could give would be tainted by the fact that, from your position, it's a 50% chance whether I'm trying to help or snow you. I think you just have to trust yourself, and I just have to trust you.

Is what I was going to say, but then it turns out you made the right choice anyway. Which is good because it means less work for me.

We can vote to shorten starting tomorrow. I don't know if Tric would let us do it earlier.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 10, 2023, 03:35:29 pm »

Yeah no, I don't think i can grab much more from rereading this thread, and just have to guess/trust my gut

Time to disappoint Quarque and the rest of town!

Crystalizedmire

Honestly, high chance of being wrong (more like 50/50) but, I rather not go more insane than I already am from these Mafia games.

If Max is scum, GG because this was just screwing my brain around.
Why would I bus my partner on ELo then? Also, why would I kill the townie that believes that I'm town? It would make way more sense for me to not be scum. Also, despite sofanthiel stating that they believe scum team is Maximum Spin and Quarque, sofanthiel didn't vote Maximum Spin until the day was almost over. And Maximum Spin's response to the sofanthiel bandwagon was this:
Oh, everyone's voting for sofanthiel? I thought people were still voting me.
Max was also the last one to vote sofanthiel so I think that these two are the scum team.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 10, 2023, 05:23:38 pm »

Max was also the last one to vote sofanthiel so I think that these two are the scum team.
I waited to vote because I knew some people still suspected me, and I didn't want to mess it up for town by making everyone second-guess themselves.

As for why you'd bus your partner, I can think of a few reasons, like that you were afraid Quarque or I would turn out to be the cop and TCk was obviously completely townie and un-voteable, or you might have panicked that the cop could have checked him and wanted to get out ahead of it. But I don't really know what went through your mind. You certainly weren't getting anyone else out yesterday. You may not have even intended to bus, if you didn't expect to set off such a big wagon and just wanted to distance, then got stuck with it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 10, 2023, 06:03:56 pm »

I waited to vote because I knew some people still suspected me, and I didn't want to mess it up for town by making everyone second-guess themselves.

As for why you'd bus your partner, I can think of a few reasons, like that you were afraid Quarque or I would turn out to be the cop and TCk was obviously completely townie and un-voteable, or you might have panicked that the cop could have checked him and wanted to get out ahead of it. But I don't really know what went through your mind. You certainly weren't getting anyone else out yesterday. You may not have even intended to bus, if you didn't expect to set off such a big wagon and just wanted to distance, then got stuck with it.
First of all, Canadian Kitten already claimed cop with no one challenging them. That is why I voted Sofanthiel. Once I narrowed down the possible scum combinations to Maximum + Sofanthiel, Quarque + Sofanthiel, and Quarque + Maximum; I decided that Quarque and you can't be the scum duo because they've been at each others throat for pretty much the entire game leaving only combinations that include sofanthiel.
Second of all, if you think that I didn't intend to bus, then what was my intentions of voting sofanthiel? Why didn't I vote you?

Also, at first I thought that it was stupid for the scum to not kill the confirmed townie but now I realize that if you did then Quarque and I would correctly assume that you're scum.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 10, 2023, 06:48:09 pm »

As for why you'd bus your partner, I can think of a few reasons, like that you were afraid Quarque or I would turn out to be the cop and TCk was obviously completely townie and un-voteable
Wait, why would of you guys turn out to be a cop worry me? The game was at ELo at that point so regardless of what role you guys had, a miseliminate would end the game.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 11, 2023, 02:26:02 pm »

you might have panicked that the cop could have checked him and wanted to get out ahead of it.
Here's the post where The Canadian Kitten claims cop and states they checked Imp:
This just further proves I need to massively chill out, much more than here at least.

I might just be playing this game as town with the mindset of scum sorry

also unvote because i did it in a fit of anger.
So, is there a living cop left? If so, now would be the time to speak up. I am not a cop, I am a regular old dog. I don't even really know what the role does, so if you could please explain it, thank you.

I am the cop, I investigate players and find out whether they are suspicious or not. The problem comes from the fact I investigated Imp, and whaddya know? Imp dies.
Here's my post where I voted sofanthiel:
Also, from my perspective, assuming that the Canadian Kitten is indeed telling the truth, then Sofanthiel must be scum or Maximum Spin and Quarque were bussing each other.
As you can see by the time displayed, I posted my vote after TCK claimed cop and claimed to have investigated Imp. So your theory that I panicked because I was afraid of the cop checking them is incorrect as I already knew who the cop checked. And the reason why you couldn't make up a convincing reason for why I threw my partner under the bus is because you are scum and knew that I was a townie trying to vote out scum.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)
« Reply #326 on: November 13, 2023, 04:34:22 pm »

I'll pot the end scene tomorrow. For now, the Cats have won.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 13, 2023, 05:22:21 pm »

TCk, hugs and cuddles.  Welcome to heaven.  Please keep playing in future games if you want to.

What made this game awful for you?  Is it possible to help you and make it better feeling and thinking?

Why did you just stop and go away, could that have been helped, prevented, corrected?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 13, 2023, 05:35:07 pm »

I should've stuck with my vote on Maximum Spin.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 13, 2023, 05:47:09 pm »

I should've stuck with my vote on Maximum Spin.
So should I in day 1.

Was really surprised you voted Crystal day 3, Canadian. During day 2 I wanted to eliminate all doubt that Crystal really had to be the other dog, but paradoxically this might have made you doubt. :( Would it have helped if I had left a better explanation at the end of day 2?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23