Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14558 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 1 (7/7)
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2023, 01:47:59 pm »

@Crystalizedmire: If you were cop this game, at this point, who would you investigate and why?
Maximum Spin because they seem to be the hardest to read according to experienced players.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2023, 03:14:16 pm »

Just for the record, I'm not the Dog in the Know. In fact, I'm just a boring regular dog, unfortunately.

For whoever is: just don't specifically say that you aren't.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2023, 03:20:14 pm »

Question to Imp: Why, do you think, would Crystal specifically want the cop to role-claim so early on?

I'd prefer to answer that after more people have answered my related question.  I feel like I've already said a fair amount, and already plan to discuss specifically that before day's end, even if nobody else answers me.

Maximum Dog, you appear to have last been active more than an hour ago.  I'm guessing you're busy, and hopefully not busy lurking, but since we're still in RVS (right?) might as well do some actual voting, and maybe you're looking for pressure.

From me, this is a probe at this point.  But I'm going to be reading your silence, skilled player, as answers if you continue to speak only with silence, how could any of us do otherwise?

a1sdog3god I notice you appear in training to be a professional slow-to-speak player, but you too were active more than an hour ago, and haven't yet spoken in our game at all.  If Max wasn't giving me the heebie-jeebies, I'd have picked a brighter shade of color for your name - not that it seems to matter, given how you act and react in other games.

Back to Max, who spoke as I was writing this:

So, again, whatever your winning strategy is, it doesn't really seem to be answering questions, talking much, scum hunting.  A bit weird from a person who's done pretty strongly in other games, I'm getting really confused.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2023, 03:43:24 pm »

Maximum and a1sdog3god's behaviour doesn't seem suspicious to me since I played 2 games with a lurker who turned out to be town all along. Also, miseliminating now would mean that we're sent to ELo the next day, assuming scum successfully kills.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2023, 03:48:19 pm »

I feel like I've already said a fair amount, and already plan to discuss specifically that before day's end, even if nobody else answers me.

I reckon our frequencies are aligned and wavelengths harmonized (though I hope someone particular is also witnessing these sick lines!), so I will refrain from discussing the subject matter any further and answering the relevant question until the planned conversation takes place.  Meanwhile, is hammer a thing in silly vanilla?  Accidentally messing up the game due to a misplaced pressure vote wouldn't be great.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2023, 04:05:30 pm »

@Quarque: I missed you answering Crystalizedmire's opening question - is that part of your playstyle, or what are you willing to tell us about it?
That was the question about playing style? I haven't developed one really, but tend to trust gut feelings and psychological factors more than logic.

So far my conclusion is that Canadian is almost certainly a true dog. Being scum makes them really nervous and the relatively relaxed attitude so far is a giveaway in their case.

Crystalizedmire is being very normal for Crystal, also reads town. I feel that a scum Crystal would act differently.

Not sure about anyone else yet, what Sofanthiel said about Imp and timing doesn't completely convince me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2023, 04:06:40 pm »

@TricMagic:  Silly me needs a rules clarification, please.  Does this game have a hammer?  If so, is it at 4 votes with the 7 of us currently alive?  Reading general Mafia rules makes me think not all games have hammers.

While we may not want a hammer even if we can have one (I'm open to more discussion, I really want more discussion, actually) the vote pattern that creates a hammer would be informative given that probably very few of us want a hammer at this moment (and if the hammered one proved town, the vote patterns that lead to the hammer might be very informative.

@Crystal:  Hey, Max's done a bit more than lurk.  What's your evaluation of Max's play so far, Have you seen any scumhunting or other attempts to assist in or prepare for a town win yet?  If so, can you help me see it too?

And what's your thought on a D1 no-lynch, do you think that could possibly be helpful for either side?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2023, 04:07:28 pm »

I played 2 games with a lurker who turned out to be town all along.

Is this, by any chance, about Snow?  If so, I think that was more of an anomaly than a legitimate playstyle choice.  In fact, Snow was deliberately trying to get lynched that one time; that's the opposite of Max's (alleged) strategy!!
My playstyle is WINNING.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2023, 04:09:10 pm »

Anyways, the cop should probably roleclaim on the first day since we know that there's a doctor in this game.

@Quarque Thank you so much for the answer!

One other question I already tried to ask you, the quote above, what are your thoughts about that?  Do you agree or disagree, and why?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2023, 04:14:40 pm »

uh, no, I think that roleclaiming on day 1 helps scum more than it helps town. Gives scum a good idea of who to eliminate. I think roleclaiming should wait until later, when it really helps to figure things out.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2023, 04:36:12 pm »

@TricMagic:  Silly me needs a rules clarification, please.  Does this game have a hammer?  If so, is it at 4 votes with the 7 of us currently alive?  Reading general Mafia rules makes me think not all games have hammers.
No hammers this game.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2023, 04:44:38 pm »

Ehhh, I don't feel like talking much, it's the weekend and I'm sleepy.

I guess at this point it's technically optimal to vote out a1s, but we have a lot of time left to make that decision. A couple players are definitely giving me bad vibes. Anyone else care to confirm that you're absolutely not In the Know?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2023, 04:48:57 pm »

Just for the record, I'm not the Dog in the Know.

Maximum, out of everyone here, who do you see as most likely town, besides yourself, that is?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2023, 04:54:09 pm »

Just for the record, I'm not the Dog in the Know.

Maximum, out of everyone here, who do you see as most likely town, besides yourself, that is?
TricMagic, definitely.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2023, 05:11:17 pm »

@Crystal:  Hey, Max's done a bit more than lurk.  What's your evaluation of Max's play so far, Have you seen any scumhunting or other attempts to assist in or prepare for a town win yet?  If so, can you help me see it too?

And what's your thought on a D1 no-lynch, do you think that could possibly be helpful for either side?
Maximum Spin seems to be Maximum Spin but less talkative and he has a mafia game to set up so I think it is reasonable that he's mostly joking. Although, in a previous game his scum partner did make a (false) theory that the scum team consists of a veteran and a newbie so it wouldn't be unlikely that Maximum Spin would set up the idea that the scum team isn't random.
Regarding Nolynching: Nolynching on the first day brings us to MeLo on the second day so unless we're sure that we know who the scum is on the second day we would have to nolynch again. This could backfire on us if Tricmagic doesn't allow us to nolynch twice in a row or the scum nokills leading to the endless loop of both party doing nothing.
I played 2 games with a lurker who turned out to be town all along.

Is this, by any chance, about Snow?  If so, I think that was more of an anomaly than a legitimate playstyle choice.  In fact, Snow was deliberately trying to get lynched that one time; that's the opposite of Max's (alleged) strategy!!
My playstyle is WINNING.
My point is that lurking doesn't automatically mean scum though it probably helps scum more.
she/her
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23