Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: Risky Space Vikings: Still Accepting Raiders! Turn 7  (Read 13331 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Vikings: All Players Welcome!
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2023, 03:03:46 pm »

I will buy some berserkers from you next turn (kinda need all my money to go to Gangs this turn) How much do you want for them?
I'll take 3k credits and a cold steel per berserker or straight 4k credits(I prefer having a cold steel to train more but will take just credits). I'll have 1 next turn.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2023, 03:58:16 pm »

I believe you need the Cold Steel to be worked into Berserker weapons first too, instead of just being raw Cold Steel.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2023, 03:59:41 pm »

Oh crap your right. Care to make some for me?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2023, 04:10:43 pm »

Unfortunately I am pre-disposed this turn, but I am very happy to do so after the raid.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2023, 04:12:59 pm »

Turns out I have a training slot open if anyone wants it?!?!
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2023, 04:27:33 pm »

I believe you need the Cold Steel to be worked into Berserker weapons first too, instead of just being raw Cold Steel.

Correct, sorry I should have pointed that out earlier. But as long as you got an agreement, you can train the berserkers the same turn as when the Cold Steel Arms are produced.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2023, 04:41:12 pm »

Correct, sorry I should have pointed that out earlier. But as long as you got an agreement, you can train the berserkers the same turn as when the Cold Steel Arms are produced.
Good to know. Thanks
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2023, 08:26:06 am »

Seems like Egan_BW is out for good. Ungift the 3k credits (and the cold steel) you gave him this turn and train more regulars*.

(*) I still don't actually want to buy/rent them, but they are on the way to berserkers, which I will buy. Also you should consider charging more than 4k per bear squad, as it takes 3k materials and 2 actions to make them. (this does not constitute financial advice, do your own market research.)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2023, 10:00:10 am »

Seems like Egan_BW is out for good. Ungift the 3k credits (and the cold steel) you gave him this turn and train more regulars*.

(*) I still don't actually want to buy/rent them, but they are on the way to berserkers, which I will buy. Also you should consider charging more than 4k per bear squad, as it takes 3k materials and 2 actions to make them. (this does not constitute financial advice, do your own market research.)
I have edited my action post.

Will do a bit more calculations.

Kashyyk how much will each cold steel arms set cost me?
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2023, 10:15:53 am »

My current rate is 1k Creds and a Raw Cold Steel, or two Raw Cold Steel.

Might have to change those numbers, but that's them for now.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2023, 12:30:25 pm »

Turn 4
Quote from: OP Blood for swords
14A/16D/62H/1.2 vs 9 militia (9A/18D/90H)

An isolated town was unprepared for the Viking's Raid. Mustering their defenses, they fought hard in the street before falling to their fury. In the fighting, Freja slew 13, and  Adun 14.

Raid Success! Spoils-11.2kc and 1 Class-0 Reactor
Freja loses 2 viking gang. Gains 2 prestige.
Adun loses 1 viking gang. Gains 1 prestige.

Quote from: Aiven Finally Shows You How It Is Done
64A/79D/312H/6.3U vs 25 milita and 5 soldiers (35A/65D/300H)

Port Iscariot lay quiet the morning of the raid. The outskirts of the town were guarded by the impaled bodies of the Vikings who raided the town before hand. Outraged by the desecration, the Vkings charged with a fury.

Dozens were cut down by the first volley, but led the charge, his demon-clad armor scatting laserfire, and his hammer smashing through whole squads. the raiders charged in his wake. The defenders of the town could do little but break and die beneath the onslaught, and the port pillaged for all its wealth.

The raid leader Aiven slew 6, but the champion Th­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­orbjørn crushed 25 with his Combi-hammer in the charge.

Raid success! Spoils: 36 kc, 2 Class-0 Reactors, 1 Class-1 Reactor and 2 Cold Steel
Aiven loses 4 Viking gangs. Gains 3 prestige.
Th­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­orbjørn suffers no losses, gains 2 prestige.

With the fall of Port Iscariot, the clans have risen up in rebellion and claimed the fallen city as their own. Which clan claims it? (Open bid using prestige to convince your clan leader to settle the city, winner renames it.)

The organization of the north has begun to collapse. Already those who can flee. and valuables worthy of raiding has become scarce.

With the taking of the Class-1 Reactor, the shipwrights and designers have unearthed an old design to make use of them. The Karvi-Class, a quick, light ship perfect for zipping up to unsuspecting transports and boarding them. A light laser cannon provides some armenent.

KARVI-CLASS: Requires Class-1 Reactor and 6kc. (2A/2D/10H) 3 Units of Space. Raiding. 

-Light, fast and perfect for boarding transports. Armed with a light laser cannon.

The Market has now expanded, with the yards of (formerly) Port Iscariot providing the ability to take some ship orders, if you have a reactor for them.

New Unique Target! Mercy City, seat of the Republic Government. If the City falls, Jotuun will be yours. Guarded by 20 soldiers and 30 militia. Requires a ship to reach.

New! Piracy:Board a random passing transport! Requires a raiding ship.

Targets:
Jotuun-Wide
Refineries:
Large refineries taking in thousands of tons of ore. As of now, lightly guarded. Requires ship.

Military Outposts: A small garrison guards the scanning equipment and other valuable gear the Republic has stashed away. Requires ship.

Coastal Ports: Recipients of the great barges from the north, guarded by sleepy constables. Requires Ship.

Local-
New! Countryside:
With the collapse of Port Iscariot, the towns and camps have dissolved. Spread apart, there are few tempting targets to raid. Organized raids can still pick up loot, but the best opportunities lie further south.

Spoiler: Market (click to show/hide)
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2023, 04:18:46 pm »

Spoiler: Aiven Aesdottir (click to show/hide)

So we have  2 Class-0 Reactors, 1 Class-1 Reactor and 2 Cold Steel on auction today.
here's the MD5 Hash of my bid:
Code: [Select]
62422bee577248e2f2069492687f16fc (a copy was also sent to the GM)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2023, 04:20:46 pm »

What are the benefits of settling a city?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2023, 05:48:49 pm »

Quote from: OP Blood for swords
14A/16D/62H/1.2 vs 9 militia (9A/18D/90H)

An isolated town was unprepared for the Viking's Raid. Mustering their defenses, they fought hard in the street before falling to their fury. In the fighting, Estrid slew 13, and  Adun 14.

Raid Success! Spoils-11.2kc and 1 Class-0 Reactor
Estrid loses 2 viking gang. Gains 2 prestige.
Adun loses 1 viking gang. Gains 1 prestige.

Loot division
The raid leader will receive any equipment or items recovered
Shares will be 2 each for the vanguard and 1 for the main line.

We each had equal shares  and 11200 / 2 =  5600 credits each.

Estrid  will buy 5 Viking Gangs

Quote from:  Fire to the farms!
These Vikings swear to the undertaking of the raid of Countryside.
The raid leader will receive any equipment or items recovered
Shares will be 2 each for the vanguard and 1 for the main line.

Vangaurd

Estrid Skull Blaster (1A/2D/1H)

Estrid Skull Blaster's battle dogs,
  6 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)

Sub Total 13A /14D/61H/1.2U

Mainline

Total

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 12:28:10 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2023, 05:53:55 pm »

What are the benefits of settling a city?

Hmmm… mostly a sense of pride and accomplishment?

Also note, anybody can bid on that, not just those who raided the city.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22