Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

Author Topic: Risky Space Vikings: Still Accepting Raiders! Turn 7  (Read 13405 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Vikings: All Players Welcome!
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2023, 05:36:39 am »

The oath wasn't designed in any way to reward bringing extra firepower, and you already got your higher upkeep paid, but sure.

I was considering docking you by .6 for bringing three extra squads and thus costing us collectively 600 credits we really didn't need to pay to beat those defenses.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:38:46 am by Egan_BW »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2023, 05:39:13 am »

but sure.
Wait... does that mean you agree to my split? Or haven't seen the edit?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2023, 05:40:21 am »

I posted before the edit, but I agree to it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2023, 07:29:31 am »

Goldsmith does not agree with Aiven. The point of partnering is that all benefit. An immediate ship upgrade benefits raids more than 300 credits. They also spent the time to organize, and can make use of the reactor.

Quote from: Split
Kaerja T-560: 1 Class-0 Reactor, 2000 credits

Goldsmith: 2,450 credits

Adun Axel: 2,450 credits

Aiven Aesdottir: 2,700 credits

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2023, 09:09:30 am »

It was never actually my intention to delay the ship production, but I see your point. I shall agree to the proposed split.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2023, 09:27:54 am »

Quote from: Defunct
The Following is an agreement to raid a Mining Town A and pillage all it's Cold Steel. Spoils will be split according to contributions. Disagreement will result in duels and spoils taken. Vanguard Units get the bulk of the spoils, Mainline Unit Leaders shall receive spoils equal to twice their Gang's Upkeep.
(One vanguard champion makes an offer -> others accept or refuse -> if refused, counteroffer -> if offers from all champions refused, default to duel between leader(s) and their Gangs)

Vanguard
(Raid Leader) Goldsmith (1A/2D/1H)
 - 5 Viking Gangs (10A/10D/50H/1U)

Spoiler: Goldsmith's Gang (click to show/hide)
No action
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 02:09:08 pm by TricMagic »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2023, 10:38:16 am »

On topic of this turn, I am interested in joining the GBSROI, but I can't both go myself and do Smithing. Would anyone be interested in babysitting my Viking Gangs so I can get some shares of that action?  I can offer to Smith you something at no labour cost.
Sure, just hand them over via contract or something, work up what happens in case of your Viking dying, and ill gladly add your Vikings in

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2023, 11:16:38 am »

The basic ship has 10 space, does that mean
A) 10 men?
B) 10 squads and unlimited champions
C) 10 squads and champions together?

C! 1 champion and 1 squad takes up 1 spot.

The contract actually specifies the bidding of shares, not of money. Therefore, with no opposition, you could bid one share for each, leaving the money to be divided into 23 shares. Each share would then be worth ~334 money. But if you want to bid 1000 (let's say, 3 shares) instead, well, go for it. :P

Is there any future in advanced Smithing facilities to allow multiple things per action like training?

Yes, I’ll add it to the list later today, but consider it added, same cost as that as training.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 11:28:21 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2023, 04:49:53 pm »

Goldsmith does not agree with Aiven. The point of partnering is that all benefit. An immediate ship upgrade benefits raids more than 300 credits. They also spent the time to organize, and can make use of the reactor.

I agree. And now we gotta get Canadian to agree again. :p

...I made this system assuming that I'd scare everyone away with allcaps and zero mainline payout and only have to negotiate with one other player at most.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2023, 04:51:31 pm »

Also interestingly if Canadian refuses that offer then they can make literally any counteroffer split they want and if we say no then we're forced to fight to the death, just putting that out there.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2023, 05:04:52 pm »

I agree. And now we gotta get Canadian to agree again. :p

...I made this system assuming that I'd scare everyone away with allcaps and zero mainline payout and only have to negotiate with one other player at most.

I will duel everyone to the death with this butterknife that killed 10 people

still accepting this payout

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2023, 05:20:01 pm »

Heck yea, split finalized.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Build the Skipper! Name her the "Hearthcannon". Gotta save the more apocalyptic names for the bigger vessels.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2023, 05:24:58 pm »

I would be willing to sell Regulars for 2.1k or train your gangs to regulars for 1.1k

Currently training: 1/1

Crews available for sale: 1 Regulars

Thinking about it, one regular has less attack defense and health than two gangs despite costing the same in credits and a bit extra in time spend training. The main objective of the Regulars as far as I can see is being able to fit more onto a ship, so these will become useful when we're trying to raid hard targets via ship which would fail if we just loaded her to the brim with weak gangs.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2023, 05:54:24 pm »

In order to simplify our lives, I propose we, by pact, obviate the auction clause and instead treat the cold steel as being worth 550 money. Then, my share will be 3300, Funk's share 1650, and Kashyyk's 2750 + the two cold steel.
This actually earns me and Funk slightly less and Kashyyk more money than forcing him to spend two shares on the steel would (this assigns a price to the metal of over 660), but since neither of us have a need for steel at the moment, I don't personally mind, and it entails much simpler numbers.

That is a fine division by me.

I will buy 1 Viking Gang for a 1k
I will join GBSROI.

With blood and steel we will cut our path back to the stars! For Týr!

Quote from: GBSROI
The Great Big Stonking Raid on Iscariot.
Mainline units will receive nothing beyond their upkeep. There will be no fronting of upkeep. In the event of insufficient plunder to pay upkeep, mainline units will be shot until there is enough plunder to pay the remaining upkeep. Join the mainline at your own risk.
Special loot will be auctioned off among champions in the vanguard for real money, which will be added to monetary loot. Vanguard champions will then receive shares of the total monetary loot equal to the number of A contributed to the battle.

Vanguard: 15A/16D/71H/1.4U 26A 28D 122H 2.4U
- Leaf Ericsson and his 7 viking gangs (15 shares)

Estrid Skull Blaster (1A/2D/1H)
         Estrid Skull Blaster's battle dogs,
     5X                 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)

Sub Total 11A /12D/51H/1U

Mainline: 0
Don't join the mainline.

Spoiler: Estrid Skull Blaster (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2023, 06:07:45 pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22