Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: Risky Space Vikings: Still Accepting Raiders! Turn 7  (Read 13314 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Vikings: All Players Welcome!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2023, 10:25:51 am »

Will try to process the turn in the next 10-24 hours. You can still join and raid, and let me know if you would like more time!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2023, 11:19:27 am »

Name: Leaf Ericsson
Appearance and favored weapon: A bloodthirsty young man raised by hippie parents who gave him a hippie name. Throws laser-guided power axes.
Skill: Drillmaster
Attributes: (1A/2D/1H)
Wealth: 0K credits
Prestige: 0
Crew: 4 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)×4

Quote from: Thorbjørn's First Mining Camp Raid
These Vikings swear to the undertaking of the raid of [Mining Camp].  Each Champion receives 1 share, and an additional share for each unit contributed, of the total plunder. You may bid your shares on Special Items, highest bid 24 hours after the end of the Raid gets the item, and the shares worth of credits is distributed to the rest of the raising party.  Those in the Vanguard receive an additional share per contributing Champion or gang.

Vanguard (18A/20D/82H/1.6U)
(Raid Leader) Thorbjørn Odinsson (1A/2D/1H)
 - 4 Viking Gangs (2A/2D/10H/.2U)

Leaf Ericsson (1A/2D/1H)
- 4 Viking Gangs (2A/2D/10H/.2U)×4

Main Line

Estrid Skull Blaster (1A/2D/1H)
         Estrid Skull Blaster's battle dogs,
                     Viking Gangs (2A/2D/10H/.2U)
 Sub Total 9A /10D/41H/0.8U

I seriously thought about joining the other one and forcing a duel, but if it's just going to be random combat rolls until someone is left it doesn't sound like my thing.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2023, 05:13:00 pm »

Well if no one is going to hire my squads, the least I can do is take them with me on the raid.
Quote from: OPERATION KILL TOWN 1
THESE BEINGS AGREE TO RAID AND SMASH THE TRADING TOWN WITH ALL APPROPRIATE BRUTALITY AND MERCILESSNESS!

MAINLINE UNITS WILL BE PAID EQUAL TO THEIR UPKEEP, MAY THE GODS PITY THEIR COWARDICE. IN THE EVENT OF INSUFFICINT SPOILS TO COVER THIS, RAID LEADER WILL FRONT THE COST.

THE VANGAURD WILL BE PAID THE REMAINING SPOILS, AND MUST AGREE TO A SPLIT. FAILING THAT, THEY WILL DUEL TO THE DEATH TO THE WINNER GOES THE SPOILS!
(One vanguard champion makes an offer -> others accept or refuse -> if refused, counteroffer -> if offers from all champions refused, default to duel)

Vanguard: (18A/22D/84H/1.4U)
(Raid leader) Kaerja T-560 (1A/2D/1H)
 - 1 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)

Goldsmith (1A/2D/1H)

Adun Axel (1A/2D/1H)

Aiven Aesdottir (1A/2D/1H)
- 4 Viking Gang (8A/8D/40H/.8U)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2023, 11:11:04 pm »

Turn 1
Raid results

Th­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­orbjørn's First Mining Raid: (27A/30D/123H/2.3U) total vs 8 militia (8A/16D/80H)

Attacking on of the larger mining camps, the Vikings quickly overwhelmed the guards hired to keep the labors complainant and the stray bandits away.

Th­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­orbjørn personally slayed 4 men, and Erickson 5 to his axes.

Casualties: None!

Spoils: 7.7 kc and 2 units of Cold Steel. 1 prestige to each champion and 1 extra to raid leader.

Note upkeep is already taken out of the spoils, no need to worry about it.

OPERATION KILL TOWN 1: (18A/22D/84H/1.4U) VS 8 militia (8A/16D/80H)

The town was utter unprepared, the militia only just mustering a feeble defense,  and only a few injuries of the new Vikings to show for it.

At the front of the fight, the champions Kaerja and Goldsmith slew 6 men apiece, Aesdottir 7, and Axel tore through 10 with his butter knife.

Casualties: None!

Spoils: 9.6 kc and 1 class 0 reactor. 1 prestige to each champion and 1 extra to raid leader
Note upkeep is already taken out of the spoils.

Hope has spread as word of your raids has spread through Jotuun. Conversely, towns and mines have consolidated, doubling their guard.

Targets:

Mining Camps
  The largest of the nearby mines where many of your fellow Jotuun's are forced to labor. Lightly defended, might be a good source of Cold Steel.

Trading Towns Small towns with light defenses. Collects the resources of the region and sends them to the larger ports south.

Unique Target- Port Iscariot: Guard of 25 militia and 5 soldiers. The hub of your northern continents trade network. Well guarded with a neat stockpile of goods and ships.

Spoiler: Market (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Targets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 11:19:36 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2023, 11:37:40 pm »

As raid leader, in accordance with the Oath I will propose a split:

Kaerja T-560: 1 Class-0 Reactor, 2,000 credits

Goldsmith: 2,533 credits

Adun Axel: 2,533 credits

Aiven Aesdottir: 2,533 credits

I'd be willing to take less than 2k creds, but it would mean waiting longer to get a ship up.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2023, 12:11:54 am »

In order to simplify our lives, I propose we, by pact, obviate the auction clause and instead treat the cold steel as being worth 550 money. Then, my share will be 3300, Funk's share 1650, and Kashyyk's 2750 + the two cold steel.
This actually earns me and Funk slightly less and Kashyyk more money than forcing him to spend two shares on the steel would (this assigns a price to the metal of over 660), but since neither of us have a need for steel at the moment, I don't personally mind, and it entails much simpler numbers.

Since no division method which I will accept would result in my acquiring less than 3300 anyway, as I do not intend to spend shares on the items, let me provisionally say:

Name: Leaf Ericsson
Appearance and favored weapon: A bloodthirsty young man raised by hippie parents who gave him a hippie name. Throws laser-guided power axes.
Skill: Drillmaster
Attributes: (1A/2D/1H)
Wealth: 300 credits
Prestige: 1
Crew: 7 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)×7

(I have purchased 3 more gangs)
and:
Quote from: GBSROI
The Great Big Stonking Raid on Iscariot.
Mainline units will receive nothing beyond their upkeep. There will be no fronting of upkeep. In the event of insufficient plunder to pay upkeep, mainline units will be shot until there is enough plunder to pay the remaining upkeep. Join the mainline at your own risk.
Special loot will be auctioned off among champions in the vanguard for real money, which will be added to monetary loot. Vanguard champions will then receive shares of the total monetary loot equal to the number of A contributed to the battle.

Vanguard: 15A/16D/71H/1.4U
- Leaf Ericsson and his 7 viking gangs (15 shares)

Mainline: 0
Don't join the mainline.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 12:30:00 am by Maximum Spin »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2023, 12:49:56 am »

The basic ship has 10 space, does that mean
A) 10 men?
B) 10 squads and unlimited champions
C) 10 squads and champions together?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2023, 01:34:02 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I was going to propose the above, which if no one bids equates to a 1,880(+2Steel) / 3,880 / 1,940 split. I'm happy to Max/Leaf's split instead though.

Spoiler: Thorbjørn Odinsson (click to show/hide)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2023, 01:50:36 am »

I was going to propose the above, which if no one bids equates to a 1,880(+2Steel) / 3,880 / 1,940 split. I'm happy to Max/Leaf's split instead though.

Spoiler: Thorbjørn Odinsson (click to show/hide)
The contract actually specifies the bidding of shares, not of money. Therefore, with no opposition, you could bid one share for each, leaving the money to be divided into 23 shares. Each share would then be worth ~334 money. But if you want to bid 1000 (let's say, 3 shares) instead, well, go for it. :P

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2023, 02:58:53 am »

Johan Carlson the drillmaster will train his 2nd gang of brave Vikings.

Spoiler: Johan Carlson (click to show/hide)

I would be willing to sell Regulars for 2.1k or train your gangs to regulars for 1.1k

Currently training: 1/1

Crews available for sale: 1 Regulars
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2023, 03:37:18 am »

As raid leader, in accordance with the Oath I will propose a split:

Kaerja T-560: 1 Class-0 Reactor, 2,000 credits

Goldsmith: 2,533 credits

Adun Axel: 2,533 credits

Aiven Aesdottir: 2,533 credits

I'd be willing to take less than 2k creds, but it would mean waiting longer to get a ship up.

Sounds good to me

Recruit 5 Viking Gangs for 5k

Quote from: GBSROI
The Great Big Stonking Raid on Iscariot.
Mainline units will receive nothing beyond their upkeep. There will be no fronting of upkeep. In the event of insufficient plunder to pay upkeep, mainline units will be shot until there is enough plunder to pay the remaining upkeep. Join the mainline at your own risk.
Special loot will be auctioned off among champions in the vanguard for real money, which will be added to monetary loot. Vanguard champions will then receive shares of the total monetary loot equal to the number of A contributed to the battle.

Vanguard: 28A/30D/132H/2.6U
- Leaf Ericsson and his 7 viking gangs (15 shares)
- Adun Axel and 6 Viking gangs (13 shares)

Mainline: 0
Don't join the mainline.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2023, 05:22:17 am »

The Steady as She Goes Raid.
These Vikings swear to the undertaking of the raid of Mining Camps.
Mainline units will receive 1 share per A(ttack) contribution. Vanguard units will receive 2 shares per A(ttack) contribution.
Special loot will be auctioned off among champions for notional* money, which will be added to monetary loot. Vanguard champions will then receive a portion of the monetary loot equal to the proportion of their shares. If at the end of the turn a champion is unable to settle with the loot pile (e.g.: because they overbid on special loot) they are denied any loot, beyond upkeep, and the auction happens again next turn without them**. Any remainder credits that can't be evenly divided is given to the raid leader.

Vanguard: 9A/10D/41H/0.8U
- (raid leader) Aiven Aesdottir (1A/2D/1H)
 and her 4 viking gangs (8A/8D/40H/0.8U) (18 shares)

Mainline:
None

(*) This just means you may bid more money than you have on hand.
(**) This will inconvenience everyone, thus the harsh sentence.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:26:31 am by a1s »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2023, 05:24:22 am »

The contract actually specifies the bidding of shares, not of money. Therefore, with no opposition, you could bid one share for each, leaving the money to be divided into 23 shares. Each share would then be worth ~334 money. But if you want to bid 1000 (let's say, 3 shares) instead, well, go for it. :P
You are technically right there. I had conflated the results of the share with the share itself.

I think ≈3 shares per Cold Steel is fair. Will see what Estrid/Funk says.

On topic of this turn, I am interested in joining the GBSROI, but I can't both go myself and do Smithing. Would anyone be interested in babysitting my Viking Gangs so I can get some shares of that action?  I can offer to Smith you something at no labour cost.

Is there any future in advanced Smithing facilities to allow multiple things per action like training?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2023, 05:25:29 am »

A1s, you will have to accept or reject my split.
And tric as well.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2023, 05:31:30 am »

A1s, you will have to accept or reject my split.
I reject it on both the grounds that I did all the heavy lifting and that a reactor is worth more than 533 credits.
I would, of course, be happy to buy your Viking squad off of you for 900 credits.

Quote from: split
As a dissenting champion, in accordance with the Oath I will propose a split:

Kaerja T-560: 1 Class-0 Reactor, 1,100 credits

Goldsmith: 2,800 credits

Adun Axel: 2,800 credits

Aiven Aesdottir: 2,900 credits
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:36:56 am by a1s »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22