Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Risky Space Vikings: Still Accepting Raiders! Turn 7  (Read 13328 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Vikings: All Players Welcome!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2023, 06:07:36 am »

Johan Carlson the drillmaster will start his Viking career by buying another gang of brave Vikings and training his 1st gang of brave Vikings.

Spoiler: Johan Carlson (click to show/hide)

Question: Upkeep is only for raids right?

Correct!
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2023, 01:42:06 pm »

Actactact: Hire 3 Viking Gangs for 3k Cr
Hire  3 Viking Gang  - 3K
I thought you could only recruit 1 squad per turn (without a training facility?)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2023, 01:51:21 pm »

I thought you could only recruit 1 squad per turn (without a training facility?)
Nothing has given us any indication that this applies to recruitment and not just training.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2023, 01:54:36 pm »

Actactact: Hire 3 Viking Gangs for 3k Cr
Hire  3 Viking Gang  - 3K
I've just read thru it and training takes a training facility and has limits.
But i just want basic recruits, there rules say nothing about how many of them it can have.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2023, 01:59:39 pm »

Since recruiting is apparently not a skill use, can I raid and recruit at the same time?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2023, 02:44:09 pm »

Since recruiting is apparently not a skill use, can I raid and recruit at the same time?

Yes you can! Recruiting/purchasing from the Market does not take an action. Training a unit to be a better Viking does take your action. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit:Made clarification in Main post. Also included the option to train the base Viking Gang for free for the Drillmaster with their action (probably not optimal to do but makes sense to me.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 02:49:38 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2023, 02:51:59 pm »

Yes you can! Recruiting/purchasing from the Market does not take an action. Training a unit to be a better Viking does take your action. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit:Made clarification in Main post. Also included the option to train the base Viking Gang for free for the Drillmaster with their action (probably not optimal to do but makes sense to me.)
Might not be 'optimal' but this drillmaster will be doing it.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2023, 02:55:31 pm »

why would anyone ever split their forces away from the Vanguard? I don't know how damage works in this game but it sure seems like there is safety in numbers.
Also, do main line units contribute to damage (attack) if the vanguard is alive?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 03:01:25 pm by a1s »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2023, 03:02:12 pm »

why would anyone ever split their forces away from the Vanguard? I don't know how damage works in this game but it sure seems like there is safety in numbers.

Damage and Defense reduction is calculated all together between the Vanguard and Main body, just whoever is in the Vanguard is agreeing to take damage (and die/get wounded) first. You’re basically agreeing to take more risk of losing your forces in exchange for more shares/more reward (depending upon the Oath.)

But battle calculation wise it doesn’t make much of a difference on my end until you start unlocking special units.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2023, 03:08:52 pm »

Spoiler: Aiven Aesdottir (click to show/hide)
Hire 3 Viking Gangs.

Can I send my gangs on a raid without me?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2023, 03:14:05 pm »

Also, what is your policy on post editing Vs. double-posting?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2023, 03:15:56 pm »

Spoiler: Aiven Aesdottir (click to show/hide)
Hire 3 Viking Gangs.

Can I send my gangs on a raid without me?

Kind of! They will need to be assigned to a champion to follow, which you can work out with whoever. You cannot put them in a raid on their own/without a designated champion who will receive the spoils, however.

Edits are a-okay, though if it’s an auction situation or been awhile I’d say a new post is better.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2023, 03:33:44 pm »

I would like to offer up to 3 of my squads for hire, for 0.4k credits each (double upkeep.)

Quote from: Squad hire contract
Aiven Aesdottir transfers the command of a Viking Gang to the undersigned for 1 turn, in exchange for 400 credits upon the completion of the raid. If the squad dies, the undersigned agrees to pay an additional 1000 credits instead of returning the command of the squad.

Quote from: OPERATION KILL TOWN 1
THESE BEINGS AGREE TO RAID AND SMASH THE TRADING TOWN WITH ALL APPROPRIATE BRUTALITY AND MERCILESSNESS!

MAINLINE UNITS WILL BE PAID EQUAL TO THEIR UPKEEP, MAY THE GODS PITY THEIR COWARDICE. IN THE EVENT OF INSUFFICINT SPOILS TO COVER THIS, RAID LEADER WILL FRONT THE COST.

THE VANGAURD WILL BE PAID THE REMAINING SPOILS, AND MUST AGREE TO A SPLIT. FAILING THAT, THEY WILL DUEL TO THE DEATH TO THE WINNER GOES THE SPOILS!
(One vanguard champion makes an offer -> others accept or refuse -> if refused, counteroffer -> if offers from all champions refused, default to duel)

Vanguard: (12A/16D/44H/0.8U)
(Raid leader) Kaerja T-560 (1A/2D/1H)
 - 1 Viking Gang (2A/2D/10H/.2U)

Goldsmith (1A/2D/1H)

Adun Axel (1A/2D/1H)

Aiven Aesdottir (1A/2D/1H)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2023, 05:28:49 pm »

What actually happens in the event of a duel?

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2023, 07:44:38 pm »

What actually happens in the event of a duel?

Modified combat between the two combatants, winner wins the dispute and gets half of the loser’s assets. The loser (typically) dies.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22