Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31

Author Topic: Greatest War Southern Star Thread - Spring 1912 (Prelim 2 Revision)  (Read 13191 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest War Southern Star Thread - Spring 1912 (Prelim 1 Design)
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2023, 06:15:47 pm »

I am disappointed that you all want boring designs. At the least let's push the boat out.

Quote from: Votebox
4 - Świnka-Kröte M12 Rifle - Maxim, UristMcRiley, C2M, Thanatos
3 - Gryf's Szybki Rifle - TCK, BBB, Kashyyk
0 - 'Killer Queen' Standard Steam Rifle -
0 - Míngxīng Shèshǒu Rifle -
1 - Wiatrówki Wer. 1 "Windgun Ver. 1" - Fallacy
0 - Mle 1912 "Volcan" Rocket Gun -
0 - Coiling Bow "Kynigós" -
2 - L'Arsenal De Sa Majesté Modèle 1912 "Silverscale" Self-Loading Rifle - TricMagic, m1895

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2023, 06:18:01 pm »

Well fuckit, then. Voting the Silverscale because it uses proper, imperial, units.

0 - Wiatrówki Wer. 1 "Windgun Ver. 1" -
3 - L'Arsenal De Sa Majesté Modèle 1912 "Silverscale" Self-Loading Rifle - TricMagic, m1895, Fallacy
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2023, 06:28:45 pm »

I am disappointed that you all want boring designs. At the least let's push the boat out.

2 - L'Arsenal De Sa Majesté Modèle 1912 "Silverscale" Self-Loading Rifle - TricMagic, m1895
Vote for the Italian name, with proper measurements. (We're not beating a 5 vote consensus, so we switched.) Your vote can once more tie it. And then second place can decide~
Cordite-derived powder charge is at least more interesting than black powder, technologically. Not by much, but Silverscale is a cool name.

BBBence1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2023, 06:41:28 pm »

We could have Polish stuff. And play against Kot. Think about how funny that is.

Also, can we have less "we can tie it" as our plan, looking at the 15 pages of salt that happened so far? I don't want to deliberately set the tone of the entire game as half of us competing against the other, especially not with the chance of a cointoss just causing half the team to dip on the first turn.
Proud Juraki/Cannalan/Kasgyr/Ertexite/Karikhitan/Nogranian/Aratam Engineer.

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2023, 06:52:23 pm »

We could have Polish stuff. And play against Kot. Think about how funny that is.

Also, can we have less "we can tie it" as our plan, looking at the 15 pages of salt that happened so far? I don't want to deliberately set the tone of the entire game as half of us competing against the other, especially not with the chance of a cointoss just causing half the team to dip on the first turn.

Both of my submissions are Polish

Also any more calls for intentional ties will be met with very mean words.

UristMcRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2023, 07:48:57 pm »

Honestly can we just close the voting at this point and move on

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2023, 08:01:26 pm »

3 - Świnka-Kröte M12 Rifle - Maxim, UristMcRiley, Thanatos
4 - Gryf's Szybki Rifle - TCK, BBB, Kashyyk, C2M

Ehh was leaning this was originally.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2023, 08:04:49 pm »

Oi, you moved my vote.

3 - Świnka-Kröte M12 Rifle - Maxim, UristMcRiley, Thanatos
4 - Gryf's Szybki Rifle - TCK, BBB, Kashyyk, C2M
0 - Wiatrówki Wer. 1 "Windgun Ver. 1" -
3 - L'Arsenal De Sa Majesté Modèle 1912 "Silverscale" Self-Loading Rifle - TricMagic, m1895, Fallacy

Fixed.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2023, 08:17:29 pm »

Doubt we're going to have tied votes at this rate. M12 gang, want to vote Silverscale? Or solidify the GSR votes?

The Silverscale comes with smokeless powder~

... I would like an explanation of the difference between repeater rifles and self-loading rifles too?

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2023, 08:30:46 pm »

Doubt we're going to have tied votes at this rate. M12 gang, want to vote Silverscale? Or solidify the GSR votes?

... I would like an explanation of the difference between repeater rifles and self-loading rifles too?

Bro smokeless powder isn't a draw when the M12 and GSR uses it too.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2023, 08:47:46 pm »

Bro smokeless powder isn't a draw when the M12 and GSR uses it too.
Your guns are lovingly detailed in their craftsmanship. Their ammo.. Not so much. Where does it say it's cordite-derived in the design again? Cause on a first read, and second, and third. Well, there is no direct mention of it.

... Also repeater and self-loader might be the same thing? Kinda un that it mentions Air Guns, again.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 08:50:09 pm by TricMagic »

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2023, 04:02:25 am »

Why are we trying to tie? Just vote what you want and if it is more popular people can accept it.

I accept disagreement, whatever, I like the boring option. Stop intentionally tying please.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2023, 07:27:54 am »

Mostly cause if it's tied, it encourages people to swap votes. Normally anyway. The mindset of "I don't want to tie the votes" also pushes people to keep the status quo, meaning that there isn't a chance of beating the frontrunner. Someone has to tie the vote in order to challenge the winning option.

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2023, 10:48:11 am »

Mostly cause if it's tied, it encourages people to swap votes. Normally anyway. The mindset of "I don't want to tie the votes" also pushes people to keep the status quo, meaning that there isn't a chance of beating the frontrunner. Someone has to tie the vote in order to challenge the winning option.

Jesus fucking Christ Tric we just got out of a 12 page argument over a tie and you call for another one? Can you honestly not realize how insane that is?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2023, 11:00:59 am »

Jesus fucking Christ Tric we just got out of a 12 page argument over a tie and you call for another one? Can you honestly not realize how insane that is?
The other option is one of the leading votes to switch to second place. Or for a one of the other votes to switch to and affirm first place. I'm pretty much voting for the best of the remaining Cool options given everything else fell apart.

Also, you never adressed my retort of those two designs not mentioning cordite derived powder, so Silverscale still has that going for it.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31