Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Greatest War Arms Race (CORE THREAD) - Summer 1912  (Read 2907 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest War Arms Race (CORE THREAD) - Summer 1912
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2023, 08:40:06 am »

Behold, the generic rifles with similar specs. The only difference is range apparently. And giant spear blade.
I can't imagine the shame of being beaten by generic rifles. :-[

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2023, 08:47:23 am »

read this thread on their phone and missed the descriptions. I would suggest future BRs include a spoiler with the new equipment descriptions at the bottom (just copies of the abbr ones) for the benefit of mobile readers.

Huh, I didn’t notice that before. But then I don’t see it used too often and it’s not something I’ve looked for on my phone. I’ll be sure to do the spoiler for people using the small magic boxes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2023, 09:18:28 am »

Behold, the generic rifles with similar specs. The only difference is range apparently. And giant spear blade.
If by this you mean to compare our two rifles, of course they're similar, one is a revision of the other, we couldn't exactly make something completely different in a revision.
If instead you meant to compare the service rifles of north and south, that's absurd. One is semi-automatic, one is bolt-action. One uses pistol rounds, I think? Also, both have bayonets of comparable size.
Long Live United Forenia!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2023, 09:38:26 am »

If by this you mean to compare our two rifles, of course they're similar, one is a revision of the other, we couldn't exactly make something completely different in a revision.
If instead you meant to compare the service rifles of north and south, that's absurd. One is semi-automatic, one is bolt-action. One uses pistol rounds, I think? Also, both have bayonets of comparable size.
In the south, the main argument was the traditional gun, and the crazier options that didn't use gunpowder. It was the crux of the arguments.

While one can see that the two guns of our sides are different, their basic principle is standard gunpowder and bayonet. So generic options fitting WW1 tech in real life.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2023, 10:01:44 am »

I'll do my best to convince my team to vote for a design which utilizes laser propulsion to throw little pixies fitted with solar sail parachutes and suicide vests next time, just so you don't get too bored and drop out of the game prematurely.
Speaking of suicide vests - I assume, based on the exploding mercury bullet thing, that asking people around about places called Hague or Geneva will only get me puzzled looks?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2023, 10:17:30 am »

Are those, like, a pastry?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2023, 04:48:04 pm »

I'll do my best to convince my team to vote for a design which utilizes laser propulsion to throw little pixies fitted with solar sail parachutes and suicide vests next time, just so you don't get too bored and drop out of the game prematurely.
Idea stolen. You will rue granting your foes the methods of your own destruction!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maxim_inc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2023, 05:37:44 pm »

Idea stolen. You will rue granting your foes the methods of your own destruction!

The worst part is he's serious.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2023, 05:58:25 pm »

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2023, 05:59:29 pm »

Then this is shaping up to be the fastest Arms Race finished by one side actually winning.
I'm sure at least some of you will be able to make a decent case for insanity at your crimes against humanity trial after the war but even then you'll probably die of old age while waiting for the sentencing.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 09:35:52 am by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2023, 06:01:41 pm »

Green and blue fighting over north and south in the early modern period? Hmm...

Well I'll go green for the North if joining is still permitted :)
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2023, 06:19:45 pm »

Always looking for more meat to throw into the grinder.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2024, 03:51:29 am »

Personally I count this as another notch in my Arms Race victory belt.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2024, 02:18:00 pm »

Hey, as long as the W doesn't go to tric and maxim!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2024, 08:37:37 pm »

Personally I count this as another notch in my Arms Race victory belt.
You can take it, I cannot imagine trying to duel the other players in my faction for influence for any longer.

My headcanon is that our entire royal palace got destroyed by a rogue invention in the middle of a spirited 'debate'.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4