Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10784 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #270 on: September 14, 2024, 12:14:18 am »

"Not bad, but our assets got a little roughed up."

"You've done well, as usual." Handler Natasha is pleased with the mission results. "...You don't leave me much to say. I'm sure you know much more about combat than I do, Baretta. If there's anything left for you to learn, it would have to be keeping a straight face when you're embarrassed and shrugging it off."

"Commander, it may be time to add a third ARM to the team. Obviously, we're going to need more combat power to fulfil the 4th division's full ambitions. One more thing. Team Green is currently under-strength in the support department. If we're going to have more than one ARM per handler anyways, we should help them out until a replacement handler can be found..."
"I think you might be right. You two should discuss what you want.

Right now we have an Invoker and Defender, which means we're good against Life and Soul Spectres. Team Green has good Casters and a Defender, so they're extremely well suited for Heart and strong against Soul. Gunmetal Rose has an Invoker and Striker, but their actual abilities are pretty spread out. We might want to consider a Striker, since there's only one across all three teams right now, but we can compensate or specialize into anything over time.

On that note, I'll recommend QL-2444 STRIKER. She's got excellent existing potential as a Striker, and even though her Mind is weak, it'll be easier to increase that than boost any other option's stats to meet.

The other obvious option would be to double down on one of our current strengths, or plan to train our existing assets beyond their designation."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2024, 12:25:28 am »

Natasha's advice caused Baretta's wound of embarassment to reopen, dealing critical damage to her spirit.
Baretta Scarlet: "Ugh! Y-Yes Handler Natasha. I will work on that. Do you maybe have some advice?"

Baretta doubled up on her question due to feeling or imagining some pressure coming from her Handler.
Baretta Scarlet: "You are like a paragon of composure, I have never seen you embarassed!"
"Of course, I can tell you what works for me, but it might not be the same for you. Do you know that I'm not exactly a normal human being?"
Natasha closes her eyes, focusing inward.
"I was made artificially. People think of robots as being cold and logical, but that's not necessarily true. I'm basically a human like anyone else, like your 'sister' or like... you. But people are afraid of what a robot can be, they expect me to be logical, so they'll be scared if I'm not, think it means I'm becoming unstable. So it was an expectation for me to avoid showing emotions externally, something that I was... taught from a young age."

She sighs, slumping slightly.
"Sorry, maybe that's too heavy for you. You are a maiden, it's okay if you act like a kid, really."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2024, 12:34:35 am »

Look, there are a lot of words in those manuals. How was I supposed to know the history section would be important one day?

“Why would anyone do such a thing? Maiden’s hearts are life’s greatest mystery. Those romance shows should have taught you that much.”

It is even possible this was done because of the Maiden’s urge to destroy phantasms. Some kind of political terrorism to urge high command into expanding? Or maybe they just have a grudge stronger than that innate desire. It was a fair question. If I had any idea what their motive was I could find them.

“Before I forgot, the Commander sends his regards and asks if you have any requests.”

Tule immediately dropped the Maiden speculations to pounce on the occasion. Her sharp blue eyes were locked on Handler Roland, her face a hair's breadth away from his.
Tule Vankrels: "Any request?"

She took half a step back and listed her requests.
Tule Vankrels: "Then I would like to request better accomodations as far as our means allow. Our living facilities only fulfill the bare minimum which means our recovery time is less than optimal. Handler Roland, I don't know what is the state of the team's finances, but I consider we deserve at least a decent level of accomodations if we are to perform in a more optimal manner."

Now that she had started, she just couldn't stop listing her issues.
Tule Vankrels: "The food. We barely have enough condiments save for salt and sugar, and the austerity of the meals make me worried I am going to lose my sense of taste if it goes on. If that cannot be changed, I will not raise any further complaint, as I remain a weapon at your disposal. But I believe it will have a very real effect on our operational ability. Next is our recreation room. It is so desolate I ended up finding the intense training of the simulators more relaxing than spending time inside of it."

She thought for a hot second, mentally listing some other grievances she may have had, mentally sorting them by order of priority.
Tule Vankrels: "Oh yes. Our medical facilities. Which we have none of. I do not believe myself skilled or lucky enough to continue operations without sustaining single wound, so I hope our Commander is not waiting for us to need surgery before investing in medical facilities. We don't even have a single one, how is that possible?!"

She started raising her voice, attracting some attention. Daybreak hastily arrived behind her to stop her from making more of a scene. She grabbed her by the arm and pulled to bring her back to her senses.
Daybreak: "Tule, everyone can hear you..."
Tule Vankrels: "Ah. My apologies, I got a bit too into it."
Daybreak: "It's fine, you did say you would explode if something wasn't done about that... Hello Handler Roland. I agree with what Tule Vankrels said, our team facilities are critically insufficient to support our operations. Please have a word with the Commander."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2024, 12:39:56 am »

Natasha's advice caused Baretta's wound of embarassment to reopen, dealing critical damage to her spirit.
Baretta Scarlet: "Ugh! Y-Yes Handler Natasha. I will work on that. Do you maybe have some advice?"

Baretta doubled up on her question due to feeling or imagining some pressure coming from her Handler.
Baretta Scarlet: "You are like a paragon of composure, I have never seen you embarassed!"
"Of course, I can tell you what works for me, but it might not be the same for you. Do you know that I'm not exactly a normal human being?"
Natasha closes her eyes, focusing inward.
"I was made artificially. People think of robots as being cold and logical, but that's not necessarily true. I'm basically a human like anyone else, like your 'sister' or like... you. But people are afraid of what a robot can be, they expect me to be logical, so they'll be scared if I'm not, think it means I'm becoming unstable. So it was an expectation for me to avoid showing emotions externally, something that I was... taught from a young age."

She sighs, slumping slightly.
"Sorry, maybe that's too heavy for you. You are a maiden, it's okay if you act like a kid, really."

Baretta's eyes widened, and she couldn't help but grab the hands of her Handler. She was radiating excitement and curiosity, and if the subject was an anvil then it had passed right past her.
Baretta Scarlet: "N-No waaay?! I knew it was possible but I never imagined that could be the case for anyone I knew! Then, then that means you are kinda like us ARMs!!! That's so cool! How were you made? Oh, and for what purpose?! Capella won't believe it when I tell her!!!"

She was very, very close from just grabbing the cheeks of her Handler to check if they were any different from hers texture wise.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 12:45:11 am by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2024, 12:42:22 am »

Right now we have an Invoker and Defender, which means we're good against Life and Soul Spectres. Team Green has good Casters and a Defender, so they're extremely well suited for Heart and strong against Soul. Gunmetal Rose has an Invoker and Striker, but their actual abilities are pretty spread out. We might want to consider a Striker, since there's only one across all three teams right now, but we can compensate or specialize into anything over time.

On that note, I'll recommend QL-2444 STRIKER. She's got excellent existing potential as a Striker, and even though her Mind is weak, it'll be easier to increase that than boost any other option's stats to meet.

The other obvious option would be to double down on one of our current strengths, or plan to train our existing assets beyond their designation."

"I'm not sure if things like this are worth considering over combat potential, but PN-2079 would be liked by both of our ARMs for her Bravery and... Coolness, and like the others for their Purity. A striker who can act as a role model for the team seems like a force multiplier to me. Admittedly her Power is limited."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 12:47:31 am by Egan_BW »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2024, 12:47:00 am »

“Alright, I’ll pass on your requests to the Commander.”

Good thing I asked, I guess.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2024, 12:59:06 am »

"I'm not sure if things like this are worth considering over combat potential, but PN-2079 would be liked by both of our ARMs for her Bravery and... Coolness, and like the others for their Purity. A striker who can act as a role model for the team seems like a force multiplier to me. Admittedly her Power is limited."
Ray rubbed his chin.

"More mascot than fighter, but we can optimize anything over time. Is compatibility that important?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2024, 01:03:58 am »

Ray rubbed his chin.

"More mascot than fighter, but we can optimize anything over time. Is compatibility that important?"

Compatibility is something I wanted to expand upon, but I haven't got the chance to properly do it. For now I would personally recommend not thinking too deeply on it, but I fully intend for compatibility to play at least a minor role in the future. I have been keeping some sort of tally of relationship points.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2024, 01:18:09 am »

Ray rubbed his chin.

"Well... It's something that we can't just optimize after picking our ARMs. We're headed for the unknown sector, right? If our Division lives long enough, the ARMs might well reach their potential maximum for strength, but they'll still have to stick together to the end."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2024, 01:56:22 am »

"This is Handler Walter speaking, it's good to have you back Commander. I would suggest, as we're allowing the other Teams to use our old and soon to be Decontamination Spheres, that we have Malakim-12 undertake Quality Optimization for her Love, as both her and Raven-621's readings are rather low in that department. Speaking of, since we have a sizeable training budget limit I'd recommend 621 branch out and train her Invoker skills for 30 cycles, as her Core Attribute readings support her future promise in augmenting her current skill set with the technique. Naturally, next downtime between missions I would suggest we allow 621 to optimize her love and 12 continue her training, assuming nothing major changes with their situation."

The lines is silent for a moment.

"I will also add that paperwork might be slightly delayed if 12 goes for Optimization, as I'd have to reschedule my tasks to make time to personally attend."

"Sounds good."

Concur with training plans

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 14, 2024, 02:11:58 am »

Baretta's eyes widened, and she couldn't help but grab the hands of her Handler. She was radiating excitement and curiosity, and if the subject was an anvil then it had passed right past her.
Baretta Scarlet: "N-No waaay?! I knew it was possible but I never imagined that could be the case for anyone I knew! Then, then that means you are kinda like us ARMs!!! That's so cool! How were you made? Oh, and for what purpose?! Capella won't believe it when I tell her!!!"

She was very, very close from just grabbing the cheeks of her Handler to check if they were any different from hers texture wise.
"Ah, you're being excited again. It's good to know that it's really you~ My purpose is- to prove that it's possible, I suppose. The experiment is still ongoing."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2024, 03:47:59 am »

Congrats on completing another mission Capella! I am running out of ways to say how great teamwork you are doing with Baretta, keep being great!

Ray rubbed his chin.

"Well... It's something that we can't just optimize after picking our ARMs. We're headed for the unknown sector, right? If our Division lives long enough, the ARMs might well reach their potential maximum for strength, but they'll still have to stick together to the end."
I agree with PN being compatible with Baretta, and Capella is great. However, would just being an ARM that both Scarlets likes be good enough for increasingly dangerous situations? Hence I suggest recruiting ZW-2929, as her power is high, can be trained higher, is considered cool, and has likes and dislikes that doesn't conflict with the team?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2024, 08:21:51 am »

Upon receiving Roland's answer, Cmdr. Belov submits a request for a Decent Canteen, Decent Recreation Room, and one each of every Low-Grade medical facility. (9000 EC)
Only very faintly can he be heard to mutter, "that's so much money  :-\"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2024, 04:10:40 pm »

Waiting on Downtime activities for Team Scarlet Star and Team Gunmetal Rose. If nothing in particular is selected, ARMs will default to Rest, or use a medical facility to heal their lowest negative quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 14, 2024, 04:17:26 pm »

Waiting on Downtime activities for Team Scarlet Star and Team Gunmetal Rose. If nothing in particular is selected, ARMs will default to Rest, or use a medical facility to heal their lowest negative quality.
Do we need to wait a round for the facilities?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21