Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10870 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #195 on: October 20, 2023, 12:32:33 am »

(Have fun rewriting the update, Nankeen)
(Good thing I didn't start, hehehehe)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 04, 2024, 05:28:49 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 3 - Missions

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "Very well. Commencing operations. 4th Division, deploying ARMs. Target: C-Class Spectre."

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "All teams will focus on the C-Class extermination. Being composed of senior members, Teams Scarlet Star and Team Green will take the operational lead for this operation. Be safe out there girls."

Team Scarlet Star, Team Green and Team Gunmetal Rose

Mission: Eliminate a C-Class Spectre, Type Corrupter

Danger Level: Medium
Difficulty Range: 7-9
Reward: 24000EC
Goals:
- Eliminate a C-Class Spectre, Type Corrupter.

Phase 1: Destroy the Spectre's First Barrier.
Phase 2: Destroy the Spectre's Second Barrier.
Phase 3: Destroy the Spectre's Phantasmal Core.

Main skills:
1. DEFENDER

Useful skills:
1. CASTER and INVOKER
2. AID (SOUL)

On the landing pad, the two new ARMs joined with Baretta and Scarlet, and Malakim-12 and Raven-621 who were already waiting in their Maiden Dresses.
Daybreak's dress was a combination of a skinsuit and a metallic looking medium length combat garment that really gave her that futuristic weapon feel.
On the other hand, Tule Vankrels gear was an extravagant long purple dress with so many frills and blue and white roses it looked as if she came straight out of a fairytale.

The three teams of the 4th Division then took off, heading for the battlefield in an echelon formation with Green followed by Scarlet followed by Rose. There was a certain awkwardness in the air at first, as the ARMs had only exchanged a simple greeting before taking off. In particular, Baretta and Capella were tenser than usual. It wasn't hard to see through these two pure girls: they were feeling a certain degree of responsibility for keeping the two "newbies" safe.

A perceptive girl, Daybreak had picked up on this. When the teams landed at the edge of Yellow Area H32 for a quick assessment of the area, she spoke up to convey her resolution and reassure her seniors.
Daybreak: "Seniors, you don't need to babysit us. We are ARMs as well."

Baretta felt a bit of shame for being troubled by such a minor thing. It wasn't the time to be troubled, and as Daybreak had said, they were ARMs as well. All of them. She tried to act it cool, but still managed to fumble on her words.
Baretta Scarlet: "Y-yeah! I mean... ahem. Let's review the crommanders- commanders' plan then. Capella will be on Focus duty along with Malikim- my bad, Malakim-12. The rest of us will remain behind as Supports. No none- no one has any issue with the plan?"

Capella pumped her fist, and Tule Vankrels gave a thumbs up.
Capella Scarlet: "Well technically we only took down one Spectre so far... but I will do my best!"
Tule Vankrels: "Yes! We will be counting on your guidance, seniors!"

Malakim-12 who had been watching from the sideline followed up on this.
Malakim-12: "So long as we remain resolute and united, we have nothing to fear. We will be counting on the two of you. Let's go ahead with the cro- damn it. Commanders plan then."

Raven-621 only nodded in approval. With a bright smile, Baretta reasserted her determination.
Baretta Scarlet: "Alright! Let's dedicate this Spectre to Carla, to the 4th Division!"

The girls rearranged their formation to accomodate for the mission. Malakim-12 and Capella flew ahead, with pairs of ARMs on each wing: Daybreak and Raven-621, Baretta and Tule. The six of them traced colourful trails in the skies, six shooting stars carrying humanities hopes.

Notice: Teams Scarlet Star, Green, and Gunmetal Rose Green hav entered the battlefield!

From afar, they could all see that Area H32 had completely changed since turning "yellow". The skies were obscured by blue-purple phantasmal clouds, the skies only being visible at some scarce occasions. Below, infrequent spatial distortions had mangled parts of the landscape, and waves after waves of apparitions were being repelled by the stalwart Guardian squads. That was only one part of the battlefield. Farther into the distance, the girls could see the figures of ARM teams fighting off Spectres of their own, same as they would very soon.

Malakim-12: "Malakim-12 reporting. Arrived at third coordinates. I have a visual on target."
Capella Scarlet: "Yep! It's the C-Class we are looking for! What was it again..."
Raven-621: "C-Class Spectre, Type Corrupter. Defender style is advised."
Capella Scarlet: "Yeah that!"
Malakim-12: "Capella Scarlet and Malakim-12 will engage the target."
Daybreak: "Daybreak reporting. Ready on Support."
Tule Vankrels: "Tule Vankrels here! Support ready."
Baretta Scarlet: "Baretta Scarlet on support duty as well."

The Spectre was floating around a completely desolate area. The vegetation had morphed into some sort of alien flora, and the spatial distortions had intensified in these parts, molding the land and buildings like clay. The C-Class Spectre was a single winged humanoid with four purple eyes but no other facial features, approximatively 10 meters tall. Through its translucent body coursed countless veins of blue and purple, all connected to its core located in its chest in what was a facsimile of a human's circulatory system.

It had noticed the arrival of the ARMs, and Capella saw some sort of blur around it.
Capella Scarlet: "The target has already deployed its second barrier. Detecting interferences... it's deploying a phantasmal avatar I think."

Just as Capella had surmised, an incredible flow of phantasmal energy started to pour out from its core, located in its chest, and another body formed around its smaller body. It was a gigantic sphere of ethereal horns curled on themselves, with many poking out in all directions.

Malakim-12: "It's attacking! Everyone, deploy your barriers! Incoming barrage-"

Quote from: Phase 1
Danger: Medium (Focus) Low (Support)
Failure Damage: 2 Love on a Failure, 1 Love otherwise
Combat Skill Effectiveness: Defenders +0 / Striker and Caster -2 / Invokers -4
Difficulty: 9 (Focus) 7 (Support)
Type: Individual
Skill: Most appropriate Combat Skill

Malakim-12 (Focus): 10 = [6]+3(Defender)+1(Courage)
Capella Scarlet (Focus): 11 = [6]+4(Defender)+1(Courage)
Raven-621 (Support): 8 = [5]+2(Defender)+1(Courage)
Baretta Scarlet (Support): 7 = [5]+1(Defender)+1(Courage)
Daybreak (Support): 6 = [4]+1(Defender)+1(Courage)
Tule Vankrels (Support): 3 [1]+1(Defender)+1(Courage)

Malakim-12 (Focus): Partial Success
Capella Scarlet (Focus): Success
Raven-621 (Support): Partial Success
Baretta Scarlet (Support): Partial Success
Daybreak (Support): Failure
Tule Vankrels (Support): Failure

Malakim-12 has taken 1 Love damage
Daybreak has taken 2 Love damage
Tule Vankrels has taken 2 Love damage

The Spectre fired its horns in all directions, raining down like guided missiles all over the surrounding area. The phantasmal explosions left no place unscathed, filling everything with blinding light.

Daybreak: "Aaargh!!!"
Tule Vankrels: "Shit- my barri-!!!"
Baretta Scarlet: "Daybreak! Tule!!"
Raven-621: "Geh! Baretta Scarlet, focus. Believe in them, we have a job to do!"
Baretta Scarlet: "-yes!"

The dust subsided a bit, and two girls flew through the skies like arrows, drawing all the attention of the Type Corrupter.
Malakim-12: "Damn MONSTER! It's OUR TURN now!"
Capella Scarlet: "You dare hurt my friends! You will pay- for Carla!"

From behind, Raven-621 and Baretta Scarlet had managed to maintain a powerful enough barrier, and had identified a weakness in the barriers.
Raven-621: "Ready Baretta?"
Baretta Scarlet: "Let's go Raven! Gelato, feed it lead!"

Magical chains conjured by Raven-621 emerged from the ground and locked the ball of regrowing horns in place. The marshmallow giant conjured by Baretta then fired its twin revolvers at a weakpoint in the barrier, causing it to shatter.

Baretta Scarlet: "We are not done yet!"

With a calm breath, Raven-621 conjured new chains to pry open the shell of horns, exposing the winged humanoid.

Capella Scarlet: "Look over here four eyes!"

Capella taunted the Spectre by sticking her tongue out. Although it was unknown if Spectres could feel emotion, it seemed that one answered at least answered to the taunt. It opened its four eyes, causing a surge of energy to gather, and fire in one massive beam of flickering purple.

Capella took Malakim-12's hand, and the two of them focused on a combined barrier.
Capella Scarlet: "We got thiiis!!!"
Malakim-12: "Damn right! You won't break us!"

The two girls disappeared inside the burst of energy for 6 long seconds. When the energy dissipated, they were floating unscathed, with a wide grin on their face before the exhausted Spectre.

Capella Scarlet: "Playtime's over four eyes! Scarleeeet! Puuunncchhh!!!"
Malakim-12: "Eat this and never come back!!!"

The two girls dove toward the winged humanoid, landing a simultaneous magic punch and tonfa strike on the being and flying past it until they landed on a nearby building. The Corrupter was convulsing as two magical barriers filled with Heart power had encased it. First the false body broke down, and finally the exposed core melted inside the barrier, ending it for good.

The nearby Guardian squads who were in charge of securing the perimeter hailed the victorious ARMs, with one daring pilot even exiting the safety of its mechanized armour to salute the girls. Capella raised her fist and gave a thumb up, all smiles.

Capella Scarlet: "We did iiit! Victory, yay!!!"
Malakim-12: "Gah!-"

Behind her, Malakim-12 fell on her knee. Raven-621 arrived on the scene in an instant to support her wounded partner.
Capella Scarlet: "Woah- Malakim?"
Raven-621: "It's okay. She just needs rest. I will carry her, can you see to the new girls? Don't worry they are alive, just took a bit of a beating."
Capella Scarlet: "M'kay! Thanks Raven."

Baretta was tending to the wounds of the ARMs of Team Gunmetal Rose.
Daybreak: "Aargh. It- really hurts."
Tule Vankrels: "Ow. Ow! Not here not here. Ow! What are- no please don't!"
Baretta Scarlet: "You two are okay!..."

Baretta was overcome with emotion and hugged Daybreak and Tule Vankrels, the later letting out a scream of agony as all her wounds started aching at once. Capella arrived just in time to pry her out from them, saving Tule Vankrels from passing out from the pain.

Mission... Completed!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 11:36:55 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 04, 2024, 05:29:07 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 3 - Reports

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: You all came back... that's a relief. You did well out there, congratulation girls. The Spectre was eliminated in record time, you can be proud of your formidable teamwork.

Team Scarlet Star

Main Objective Completed: +8000EC

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Team Scarlet Star, your performance was excellent. Keep up the good work!

Quote from: ARM Report
Baretta Scarlet (Support)
Phantasm Elements
D: 4 -> 10 [+6]
C: 0 -> 3 [+3]

DEFENDER: 1/4 -> 2/4 (0/10 -> 5/20) [+15]

Capella Scarlet (Focus)
Phantasm Elements

DEFENDER: 4/5 (18/50 -> 48/50) [+30]

Spoiler: Baretta Scarlet Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capella Scarlet Status (click to show/hide)

Team Green

Main Objective Completed: +8000EC

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Team Green, great job out there, you made the 4th Division proud with your achievement. You worked hard, take a well deserved rest now.

Malakim-12 (Focus)
Phantasm Elements

DEFENDER: 3/5 (0/40 -> 30/40) [+30]

Raven-621 (Support)
Phantasm Elements

DEFENDER: 2/5 (0/30 -> 15/30) [+15]

Spoiler: Malakim-12 Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raven-621 Status (click to show/hide)

Team Gunmetal Rose

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Team Gunmetal Rose. Although it was your first sortie, you faced a C-Class Spectre and survived. You did great, good job returning alive.

Daybreak (Support)
Phantasm Elements
D: 0 -> 6 [+6]

DEFENDER: 1/5 (0/20 -> 15/20) [+15]

Tule Vankrels (Support)
Phantasm Elements
D: 0 -> 6 [+6]

DEFENDER: 1/4 (0/30 -> 15/20) [+15]

Spoiler: Daybreak Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tule Vankrels Status (click to show/hide)

Year 450 Cycle 3 - 4TH DIVISION ARM TEAMS

Team Scarlet Star
Commander: Ray Lanceheart
[Baretta Scarlet] GZ-2187 INVOKER (Handler: Natashia Argis)
[Capella Scarlet] GY-2296 DEFENDER (Handler: Johnathon Smith)

Spoiler: Team Budget (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Team Facilities (click to show/hide)

Team Green
Commander: Charles Deer
[Malakim-12] XH-2111 CASTER (Handler: Jocelyn Alabaster)
[Raven-621] AC-2621 CASTER (Handler: Walter)

Spoiler: "Malakim-12" XH-2111 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Raven-621" AC-2621 (click to show/hide)

Team Gunmetal Rose
Commander: Aleksei Vasilyevich Belov
[Daybreak] PN-2079 (Handler: Sarah Finch)
[Tule Vankrels] TV-2906 (Handler: Roland Thompson)

Spoiler: PN-2079 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TV-2906 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 11:37:39 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 04, 2024, 05:29:33 pm »

RP is open

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 04, 2024, 07:32:27 pm »

Sarah hovers around Daybreak frantically.
"Oh god, are you okay, is everything alright, does anything still hurt?"
She looks around for a moment, before grabbing a plate off of a nearby counter.
"You did just fine out there, the mission was a complete success. I brought cookies from the cafeteria, if they'd make you feel better?"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2024, 07:47:27 pm »

wow, are we just cursed?

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 04, 2024, 07:48:54 pm »

absolutely
genuinely haunted
there is a spectre inside of our quarters

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 04, 2024, 11:30:25 pm »

Ray raised a smug eyebrow.

"Perhaps I underestimated our teams after all. That was rather clean."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 04, 2024, 11:36:19 pm »

I made a mistake in the turn, Raven-621 and Baretta Scarlet shouldn't have taken damage due to being on a Support role (Low Danger) and getting a Partial Success.
Correction done.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 11:37:55 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 04, 2024, 11:48:23 pm »

Sarah hovers around Daybreak frantically.
"Oh god, are you okay, is everything alright, does anything still hurt?"
She looks around for a moment, before grabbing a plate off of a nearby counter.
"You did just fine out there, the mission was a complete success. I brought cookies from the cafeteria, if they'd make you feel better?"

Despite the heavy damage she had taken, Daybreak kept a cool composure.
Daybreak: "Even with the painkillers I got one terrible headache, but apart from that I'm good. I will take you on on that offer, Handler Sarah. Do we have any tea to go along with the cookies?"

She grabbed one of the cookies, taking a bite out of it. She seemed to be mopping a bit.
Daybreak: "I still have much to learn... Next time I will do better."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2024, 07:45:22 am »

"Not yet, but I can go get some! Just one moment, please."
"Don't worry too much about the mission. You're still here, and that counts for... a lot."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2024, 07:53:52 am »

"If all of our operations go that smoothly, this spectre menace will be eradicated in no time. Good work."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 05, 2024, 09:01:37 am »

"Both teams did as well as could be expected as virtually fresh combatants thrown into a high-danger situation." Cmdr. Belov nods at his subordinates. "Of course it would be nice if we were luckier, but we will have time to make up for it as long as we all keep coming back alive."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2024, 01:06:22 pm »

I can't remember where I was going with this character so if his personality shifts we can blame like, trauma or something.

This time Roland had opted to bring a handful of roses from the flower-heavy landscaped area as a victory gift. If she lived, well her profile said she liked them. If it was a repeat of Jeannie...it would still feel like an appropriate parting gift.

"Congratulations on surviving your first real battle. We've got cof- uh tea ready in the landscaped area of our base."

He hands her the roses. "Lots of flowers there, like these ones. They are supposed to help you recover. Rest quick, you're probably going to end up training if the commander decides to give us a budget..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2024, 03:56:23 pm »

"Not yet, but I can go get some! Just one moment, please."
"Don't worry too much about the mission. You're still here, and that counts for... a lot."

The girl's cool composure faded a bit when her handler arrived with the fragrant beverage, her eyes shining with expectations.
Daybreak: "Hmm! Now I feel alive~"

She was now all smiles and giggling.

"If all of our operations go that smoothly, this spectre menace will be eradicated in no time. Good work."

Baretta didn't hide her joy upon receiving praise from her usually dispassionate handler.
Baretta Scarlet: "It- It is an honour, handler Natashia!"

"Both teams did as well as could be expected as virtually fresh combatants thrown into a high-danger situation." Cmdr. Belov nods at his subordinates. "Of course it would be nice if we were luckier, but we will have time to make up for it as long as we all keep coming back alive."

The Chief Commander congratulated you for successfully completing the mission, and having both new ARMs come back in one piece. He seemed to have something on his mind. He always had that air of passive frustration against the world, but this time you could tell something very specific made him more annoyed than usual.
[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "That's the spirit commander Belov. Live to fight another day, and luck is bound to show her face. Luck, eh."

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "Really. You did great with the cards you had in hand, and that includes what happened with Clara and Jeannie. We share some of the responsibility, but that situation could have been avoided if HQ hadn't... Nevermind my rambling. I will see what I can do to prevent another disaster like that. Oh, and do get some rest Commander Belov. You look tired."

I can't remember where I was going with this character so if his personality shifts we can blame like, trauma or something.

This time Roland had opted to bring a handful of roses from the flower-heavy landscaped area as a victory gift. If she lived, well her profile said she liked them. If it was a repeat of Jeannie...it would still feel like an appropriate parting gift.

"Congratulations on surviving your first real battle. We've got cof- uh tea ready in the landscaped area of our base."

He hands her the roses. "Lots of flowers there, like these ones. They are supposed to help you recover. Rest quick, you're probably going to end up training if the commander decides to give us a budget..."
(Well I am to blame for the long pause. I'm happy to resume with you all though.)

Tule Vankrels took the roses with the greatest care. She had elegant yet straightforward mannerisms, and she clearly really liked the flowers. Taking their fragrance in full, her nose was close to digging in the bouquet.
Tule Vankrels: "Thank you Handler Roland. They are beautiful."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21