Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10871 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2023, 02:40:45 am »

"Too bad these things get stronger when they Fall. It would have been really convenient if they just got weaker. Or if we could corrupt the enemy's units into stronger versions of themselves. Well, we'd better not risk it, Commander. The 4th has it covered, and whatever extra money we make would probably just get sunk into repairing the extra damage we took."
"Commander, I recommend going with option 1. While it might be nice going for glory hunting on the C-Class Spectre, unfortunately, I believe Capella will not be up to the task and might run the risk of death, or becoming another fallen maiden with only Team Scarlet Star participation in the mission. If you do decide to go with option 3, best to cooperate with another team with a defender like Team Green, or borrow TV-2906 as another support ARM"
"I think our capabilities are more than enough to handle a single D-Class Spectre alone. I think two at once or a single C-Class would be within reach, but very dangerous."

"I do not believe we have the forces available to handle the primary mission of attacking Carla.

I do think we have the forces required to handle the other two missions, however.  If two teams were to pair up and send four ARMS to the C-class specters, we should be able to succeed at the mission."

"That would leave one team to deal with the D-class specters."

"Team Green is prepared to handle either position, either helping out with the C-class specters, or attacking the D-class specters."

"You're more optimistic than I am. Even Scarlet Star's best Defender would struggle against a C-Class, less relevant ARMs might have trouble adding anything."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2023, 09:15:58 am »

"Welcome, Daybreak. Please do your best."
Sarah smiles weakly.
"If there's anything I can do to make your time here better... just let me know, alright?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2023, 04:54:16 pm »

"Welcome, Daybreak. Please do your best."
Sarah smiles weakly.
"If there's anything I can do to make your time here better... just let me know, alright?"

Daybreak salutes her handler with a firm and resolute gesture.
"Thank you Handler Sarah. I will do my best."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2023, 05:26:51 pm »

There is a rather tense atmosphere in the briefing room. Sparse words and measured remarks, with Commanders and Handlers alike more often silently reviewing the enemies data. A few seconds of silence settle in, quickly dissipated by the intervention of the Chief Commander.

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "I agree with the assessments of Commanders Deer and Lanceheart. The safest option would be to focus on taking down the D-Classes, and leave the rest up to the other Divisions. There is no need to take unnecessary risks to go glory hunting, but I will not oppose you if you think your ARMs are capable of handling two objectives at once."

The chief turned in the direction of Team Gunmetal Rose.
[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "What does your team think, Commander Belov?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2023, 09:45:58 pm »

"I suspect this is a situation known as decision paralysis, Commander.  Allow me to solve it."

Team Green will take mission 2.  Deploy both ARMs.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 11:33:53 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2023, 11:13:43 pm »

"Whatever your decision, I'll accept it, Commander Lanceheart."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 18, 2023, 01:28:11 am »

The chief turned in the direction of Team Gunmetal Rose.
[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "What does your team think, Commander Belov?"
"I think most of us, across all teams, were unprepared to see a single failure snowball so quickly. Speaking for myself, I think that all three groups together could effectively take down the C-class spectre working together, but it by no means suits our strengths to do so, and we would be better prepared and more efficient in fighting the two D-classes as a cohesive group effort."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 18, 2023, 03:27:45 pm »

Ray finally looked up from his calculations, frowning.

"Team Scarlet Star can fairly comfortably handle one D-Class on our own, but not two. Team Green is similar in composition. Team Gunmetal Rose is poorly suited.

Combined D-Class it is. Maybe it'll be good for cross-team cohesion, and getting seven thousand apiece is better than risking total annihilation for double that."

Deploy to Mission 2, Capella Focus while Baretta Supports. Both ARMs focus on one Spectre at a time, then shift to the other in the same configuration once their current target is down.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 18, 2023, 03:57:30 pm »

"Teams November Rose and Whiskey Rose will take support. November Rose is encouraged to attempt to act as DEFENDER if this will improve combat position. Really, both of you can try; it might be wise to train for well-roundedness."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 18, 2023, 09:03:49 pm »

“Whiskey Rose approving deployment. I’ll leave the choice of tactics to the field conditions.”

Sorry Carla, someone else will have to be the one to stop you. If we had the firepower for it you wouldn’t have fallen in the first place.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 18, 2023, 09:26:39 pm »

"...I'm sorry, Carla. November Rose, ready to go."

"Please stay safe, Daybreak."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 18, 2023, 11:00:57 pm »

Ray finally looked up from his calculations, frowning.

"Team Scarlet Star can fairly comfortably handle one D-Class on our own, but not two. Team Green is similar in composition. Team Gunmetal Rose is poorly suited.

Combined D-Class it is. Maybe it'll be good for cross-team cohesion, and getting seven thousand apiece is better than risking total annihilation for double that."

Deploy to Mission 2, Capella Focus while Baretta Supports. Both ARMs focus on one Spectre at a time, then shift to the other in the same configuration once their current target is down.

"If we're teaming up, I think we should try mission 3.  I believe we can each tackle mission 2 safely, and together, can easily tackle mission 3.  The C-class specter offers a better reward and seems to be at least as important a target."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2023, 11:33:28 pm »

After some negotiation, myself and Ray have agreed on a change of plan.

Deploy to mission 3.  Xili as a Focus defender, and Airi as a Support Defender.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2023, 11:37:31 pm »

After some negotiation, myself and Ray have agreed on a change of plan.

Deploy to mission 3.  Xili as a Focus defender, and Airi as a Support Defender.
Confirmed. Capella on Focus, Baretta on Support.

Team Gunmetal Rose should come along as Support. You'll be mostly useless, but gain experience, get paid, and have a slight chance to help shred the barriers in the unlikely but not unheard of event that our sideliners fail on the first pass.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 20, 2023, 12:25:24 am »

(Have fun rewriting the update, Nankeen)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21