Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10869 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2023, 03:01:03 pm »

Responsibility of the officers? Your Chief Operator just said in so many words that High Command didn't expect any team to succeed. I don't remember the contract I signed including any terms about accepting blame for being assigned poorly-fit missions using inferior weapons. It's as if we're secretly the only ones employed here at all and there's nobody more qualified available, so we have to do whatever work shows up regardless of whether it makes sense.[/glow]"

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "Commander Belov. Let me remind you why you signed up: to destroy Spectres. You thought it would be easy? You think HC and the other divisions don't have their hands full with high Class Spectres? If you aren't happy, then I am sure we can arrange to find someone more qualified to manage your ARM Team. Someone who will account for the possibility of failure and save resources for an emergency extraction. You are a Commander. Act like one."

Retcon: never happened!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 04:02:10 pm by Nakéen »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2023, 03:08:18 pm »

Purchase Medium-Grade Quality Optimizer
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2023, 03:49:17 pm »

Purchase Medium-Grade Learning accelerator for 2000

"Training budget is 2500.  I'd like to save up for a third ARM, while reserving enough resources for an evacuation."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2023, 07:15:01 pm »

Xili Han will spend this cycle resting.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2023, 02:59:08 am »

"Since 12 is being assigned to rest, I'm proposing 621 take the opportunity to further their skills as a Caster with our current downtime training budget. They have made good progress during their missions, but the faster they learn, the more ready they will be for what's to come. High command will only assign us more and more dangerous missions moving forward."

Handler Walter proposes Raven-621 train their Caster for 25 training cycles.

"Commander Deer, I appreciate your forethought with preparing evacuation funds, in light of recent events. Losing experienced ARMs, outside of critical emergency missions, is a waste of resources and time... along with a senseless lose of life."
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2023, 04:04:47 am »

Year 450 Cycle 2 - Downtime

Team Scarlet Star

Quote from: Downtime Activities
Baretta Scarlet: HG Combat Simulator - 30 INVOKER Cycles (3000EC)
Capella Scarlet: HG Combat Simulator - 30 DEFENDER Cycles (3000EC+600EC)

Quote from: ARM Report
Baretta Scarlet
INVOKER: 3/7 (18/40) -> 4/7 (8/50)

Capella Scarlet
Power: 2/3 -> 3/3
Love: 1/2 -> 1.5/2
DEFENDER: 3/5 (28/40) -> 4/5 (18/50)

Team Green

Quote from: Downtime Activities
Malakim-12: Rest
Raven-621: HG Combat Simulator - 25 CASTER Cycles (2500EC)

Quote from: ARM Report
Malakim-12
Love: 0/1 -> 1/1

Raven-621
CASTER: 3/6 (11/40) -> 4/6 (6/50)

Team Gunmetal Rose
TV-2906 has arrived.
PN-2079 has arrived.

BUILD ORDERS

Team Scarlet Rose:
MG Quality Optimizer (2000EC)

Team Green:
MG Learning accelerator (2000EC)

Team Gunmetal Rose:
None

SKITS

Skit: Visit from Team Crystal Wings

Characters: Baretta, Capella, Raven-621, Tsubasa.

Neither did Baretta, Capella, nor Raven-621 get the occasion to celebrate their victory. The three girls were immediately sent to further hone their skills in the Combat Simulators. It may have been for the best though, as the loss of Team Gunmetal Rose was still fresh. While they haven't had the opportunity to interact with the ARMs Carla and Jeannie Xian, the thought that the next to die could be them did linger in the back of their mind.

Baretta Scarlet: "Wew, I'm spent."
Capella Scarlet: "Same here... I'm not sure if I have energy left to relax. Wait, isn't that... Raven-621 from Team Green?"

A tall girl was sitting on a bench right outside the building where the simulators were installed. She was reading some science fiction thriller. Raven-621 nodded at them.
Raven-621: "Hello. Baretta, and Capella was it?"

It was the first time the girls of Team Scarlet had interacted with Raven-621 who was much taller than them. She had finished her training session a bit earlier, and had been waiting for the girls to finish.
Capella Scarlet: "Oh hi! You are so much taller in person!"
Baretta Scarlet: "I wish I was as tall as you..."
Raven-621: "You two are amusing. How was training?"

The girls only got to chat a bit before Baretta and Capella were interrupted by a sudden notice from their Handlers. They had a surprise visitor from the 2nd Division: an ARM from Team Crystal Wings. They invited Raven-621 to come with them.

(...)

In the visitor hall, a tall girl with pink hair and eyes in military uniform greeted Baretta and Capella, as well as Raven-621.
[Team Crystal Wings] Tsubasa: "Hello girls, how have you been? Is that a new member of your team?"
Capella Scarlet: "Miss Tsubasa!"

Capella hugged Tsubasa, who patted her on the back. They looked like friends who had known each others for a long time, even if they had technically only met once before.
Baretta Scarlet: "It really is a pleasure to see you again! Ah, this is Raven-621, she is from another team."
Raven-621: "It's an honour. I am Raven-621 from Team Green. I hope I am not intruding in your reunion."

[Team Crystal Wings] Tsubasa: "Oh it's fine! I'm always happy to meet new girls. My name is Tsubasa from Team Crystal Wings of the 2nd ARM Division. I heard you had your first Spectre battle, I'm glad it went well for you three."
Capella Scarlet: "Y-you came all the way for this? You really shouldn't have!"
[Team Crystal Wings] Tsubasa: "It's okay Capella! I had some time to spare and I wanted to see my cute juniors, as simple as that."
Baretta Scarlet: "By the way, is Miss Colombine not with you today?"

The ARM from the 2nd Division smiled tenderly, with a faint hint of sadness.
[Team Crystal Wings] Tsubasa: "Yes. Colombine is in the Harmonizer, the last battles were tough on us. Don't worry though, she will be ready for the next operation."

[Team Crystal Wings] Tsubasa: "How about you? I... heard of what happened to Team Gunmetal Rose."

The three girls from the 4th Division looked downcast.
Capella Scarlet: "We didn't get the chance to know them. But... it's still so sad."
Baretta Scarlet: "I know things don't always go as planned, but still. I try not to think about it."
Raven-621: "They... did their job."

Tsubasa gently embraced the three girls.
[Team Crystal Wings] Tsubasa: "It might be for the best, then. I'm glad you girls are okay. A little advice from your senior... always stay focused on the mission, and never lose heart. When it gets difficult, never forget who you are, what we are, and why we fight."

The three girls would soon understand what their senior meant by that.

Tsubasa remained for another hour, which she spent chatting with the three girls. The new ARMs were very curious about her: Tsubasa was a first generation ARM who had been in operation for 3 years. She had many experiences and tips to share, and above all was incredibly caring.

Skit: Malakim-12's Scenery

Characters: Malakim-12

Malakim-12 was alone in the landscape area. The surroundings were a reconstructed scenery that calmed the girl, inspired by a memory of her Core Donor "Xili Han". It was a hill with a bamboo forest, which constantly sung as the winds made the bamboo trees swing from left to right. It was an adequate reproduction, and Malakim-12 was napping.

She thought back of her Handler's reaction after they learnt of what befell Team Gunmetal Rose. She understood why her Handler was distraught, but she also didn't feel it was necessary to worry about herself.

Malakim-12: "It's okay. I am an ARM."

She remembered why her Core Donor had become a Maiden. There was a person Xili Han trusted more than anyone, an old soldier who taught her martial arts, and who beat the crap out of her abusive parents when he later learnt about it all. The old soldier returned to the front when the Spectres intensified their assaults, and Xili Han followed her. And now, Malakim-12 had inherited that will, and she truly felt grateful for having been given the chance to fight.

Year 450 Cycle 2 - End of Cycle Balance

Team Scarlet Rose:
Start: 2600EC
+10000EC: Mission Reward
-6000EC: Training Cycles
-600EC: Team Gunmetal Rose Commission
-2000EC: MG Quality Optimiser
-600EC: Facilities Maintenance
Final: 3400EC

Team Green:
Start: 600EC
+10000EC: Mission Reward
-2500EC: Training Cycles
-2000EC: MG Learning accelerator
-550EC: Facilities Maintenance
Final: 5500EC

Team Gunmetal Rose:
Start: 3600EC
+600EC: Team Scarlet Rose Commission
-400EC: Facilities Maintenance
Final: 3800EC
« Last Edit: September 04, 2024, 01:29:45 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2023, 04:05:30 am »

Year 450 Cycle 3 - Briefing

The Commander looks like he hasn't had enough sleep last night.

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Commanders. I hope you and your teams got enough rest. We got a Fallen Maiden Extermination Order on our hands. You heard that right, time for us to clean our own mess.

AVAILABLE MISSIONS

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Fallen Maiden "Carla" is on the move. Following her Fall, Area H32 turned Yellow. Carla then incubated for a day before starting to move toward the 4th Division Base, along with a host of D-Class and C-Class Spectres attracted by her Wail. The 2nd, 3rd, and 8th ARM Divisions have been mobilised for the operation. The Spectre wave will be intercepted by the 3rd and the 8th. As for who will eliminate Carla... it depends on your decision. HC thinks the 4th Division isn't ready to take on their first Fallen Maiden, and I agree with them. The experienced 2nd Division is objectively the best choice for the job, but if you want to prove HC wrong, and think your ARMs can do it... then we will be granted the "honour" of taking on Carla. If we do not, the 4th will be assigned to Spectre elimination to support the 2nd Division.

Option 1: Eliminate Carla
Quote from: Mission Specifications
Danger Level: Medium
Difficulty Range: Special
Reward: 30000EC
Goals:
- Eliminate the Fallen Maiden "Carla"

Phase 1: Eliminate the Fallen Maiden "Carla"

Main skills:
1. CASTER

Useful skills:
1. AID (SOUL)
2. AID (HEART)

Fallen Maiden Data:
Spoiler: "Carla" (click to show/hide)

Option 2: Eliminate D-Class Spectres
Difficulty Range: 6-8
Reward: 20000EC
Goals:
- Eliminate two D-Class Spectres, Type Messenger.

Phase 1: Destroy the Spectres Barrier.
Phase 2: Destroy the Spectres Phantasmal Core.

Main skills:
1. DEFENDER

Useful skills:
1. CASTER and INVOKER
2. AID (SOUL)

Option 3: Eliminate a C-Class Spectre
Difficulty Range: 7-9
Reward: 24000EC
Goals:
- Eliminate a C-Class Spectre, Type Corrupter.

Phase 1: Destroy the Spectre's First Barrier.
Phase 2: Destroy the Spectre's Second Barrier.
Phase 3: Destroy the Spectre's Phantasmal Core.

Main skills:
1. DEFENDER

Useful skills:
1. CASTER and INVOKER
2. AID (SOUL)

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "Here are materials on Fallen Maidens. I have nothing else to add."

Spoiler: Fallen Maiden Combat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 03:48:29 pm by Nakéen »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2023, 04:58:44 am »

<Deleted.>
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 05:33:09 am by Devastator »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2023, 04:06:43 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 3 - New ARMs Introduction

A few hours before the mission briefing, the two new ARMs of Team Gunmetal Rose are delivered to the 4th Division Base.
PN-2079 is an average sized girl with blond hair and deep yellow eyes, like a cat's.
TV-2906 is tall. Her deep blue eyes contrast with her long vermillion hair.

"PN-2079 STRIKER, ready to deploy."
"TV-2906 INVOKER, honoured to be assigned to the 4th Division!"

What will be the name of these new ARMs?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2023, 04:22:02 pm »

Given the danger of all three current missions and the Commander's viewpoint on ARMs, Roland wasn't sure if he'd even be able to meet the girl this time.

"And we're honored to be working with you. I'm Roland Thompson. From here on out you'll be known as 'Tule Vankrels'. We don't have much time to prepare for deployment, but if you have any requests you can make them either now or during the next downtime."

He offers a handshake to Tule.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2023, 04:26:02 pm »

"I do not believe we have the forces available to handle the primary mission of attacking Carla.

I do think we have the forces required to handle the other two missions, however.  If two teams were to pair up and send four ARMS to the C-class specters, we should be able to succeed at the mission."

"That would leave one team to deal with the D-class specters."

"Team Green is prepared to handle either position, either helping out with the C-class specters, or attacking the D-class specters."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2023, 04:28:39 pm »

"Too bad these things get stronger when they Fall. It would have been really convenient if they just got weaker. Or if we could corrupt the enemy's units into stronger versions of themselves. Well, we'd better not risk it, Commander. The 4th has it covered, and whatever extra money we make would probably just get sunk into repairing the extra damage we took."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2023, 05:04:15 pm »

"I'm not so negative.  I think we're very close to being able to handle Carla.  Shortly, almost before we notice, I think we'd be more than capable of handling even such a dangerous enemy."

"Do you agree with my suggested disposition?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2023, 01:28:51 am »

Given the danger of all three current missions and the Commander's viewpoint on ARMs, Roland wasn't sure if he'd even be able to meet the girl this time.

"And we're honored to be working with you. I'm Roland Thompson. From here on out you'll be known as 'Tule Vankrels'. We don't have much time to prepare for deployment, but if you have any requests you can make them either now or during the next downtime."

He offers a handshake to Tule.

The newly named ARM shakes back her Handler's hand.
"Thank you for my name, Handler Thompson. I do not require any particular accomodation, but I will be sure to inform you if something comes to mind!"

She appears to be a serious girl ready to tackle any challenge. She got spirit at least, let's hope her abilities can match that spirit on the battlefield.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2023, 02:07:08 am »

"Commander, I recommend going with option 1. While it might be nice going for glory hunting on the C-Class Spectre, unfortunately, I believe Capella will not be up to the task and might run the risk of death, or becoming another fallen maiden with only Team Scarlet Star participation in the mission. If you do decide to go with option 3, best to cooperate with another team with a defender like Team Green, or borrow TV-2906 as another support ARM"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21