Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10880 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2023, 10:13:13 pm »

Downtime time, by the way

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2023, 10:55:31 pm »

Chosen by Handers?

“Handler Thompson requesting assignment of QL-2444”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2023, 11:01:00 pm »

"H-Handler Finch, requesting assignment of PN-2079."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2023, 11:04:11 pm »

Baretta should train Invoker in our HC Combat Simulator for 30 cycles.

Arrange for joint training with the Crystal Wings of the 2nd Division, if possible.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 01:22:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2023, 11:30:22 pm »

((Just for future reference, all the already chosen ARMs are now unavailable, right? Might want to mark them))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2023, 11:32:05 pm »

((Just for future reference, all the already chosen ARMs are now unavailable, right? Might want to mark them))
((They are available! You can absolutely select an already chosen ARM!))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2023, 11:38:42 pm »

((Alright, the coin flip at the start had me confused. No change from me, but good to know we can make an army of clones))

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2023, 07:45:50 am »

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: You did an amazing work out there, and defied all expectations. HC wasn't even sure you would succeed in taking out the Spectre, and you did it in a single assault. Yes, you were lucky, but you managed to grab the occasion when it was most needed and took out the Spectre in one go. You can be very proud of your success.
[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "Enough. While Chief Operator Valie did make a mistake, it does not remove the responsibility of each team's officers over the result of the missions. This is no time to be blaming our coworkers over the tragedy of Team Gunmetal Rose. Handler Natashia, be grateful we even had information about these Spectres. Medium Class Specters and above won't always give us this luxury."
"Responsibility of the officers? Your Chief Operator just said in so many words that High Command didn't expect any team to succeed. I don't remember the contract I signed including any terms about accepting blame for being assigned poorly-fit missions using inferior weapons. It's as if we're secretly the only ones employed here at all and there's nobody more qualified available, so we have to do whatever work shows up regardless of whether it makes sense."

"Commander Belov. My sympathies for your setback. How much to rent your training facility?"
Raising his head from staring dourly into his mug, Cmdr. Belov chuckles just a little. "You don't waste time, do you? I can respect that. 120 rubles per training cycle if you take all of them. If you want fewer, I'll have to raise the price to at least cover our maintenance costs for the cycle."

“Handler Thompson requesting assignment of QL-2444”
"Under the circumstances, Handler, I will not accept assignment of ARMs with any quality ratings of 1. We may be forced into the situation of taking any class of damage unpredictably; there's no need to make it easy for our enemies."

"H-Handler Finch, requesting assignment of PN-2079."
"This, on the other hand, is acceptable under those terms, but I note that the ARM's potential in its preferred combat style is limited by poor LIFE. Unless you are interested in retraining as a Defender, I would ask you to consider ZW-2929, or even TV-2906, arguably the strongest available model, though of a different category than you asked for."

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2023, 08:18:25 am »

"I do wish to train her as a Defender, Commander."

"I can't fail them again."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2023, 08:47:41 am »

"I do wish to train her as a Defender, Commander."

"I can't fail them again."
"Well, in that case, I authorize the assignment. Given the unclear timeline for training, I hope you know what you're doing.
You're wrong to blame yourself, though. We should never have been sent on such a mission in the first place. The entire setup was ridiculous - as if there were no other ARMs with better Harmony in the world, while now we can order them a la carte.
"

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2023, 11:27:44 am »

Capella will train Defender in Team Gunmetal Rose's HG Combat Simulator for 30 cycles at the cost of 3600 EC

Can be edited down to less cycles at whatever price if Ironyowl has a problem with this

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2023, 12:44:56 pm »

Under the circumstances, Handler, I will not accept assignment of ARMs with any quality ratings of 1. We may be forced into the situation of taking any class of damage unpredictably; there's no need to make it easy for our enemies."

But that doesn't fit the narrative going on nearly as well

"If you insist, comrade Commander. I'll leave the choice in your hands."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2023, 12:55:59 pm »

"TV-2906 seems to be the only model on offer which has both all quality ratings above 1, and the strongest core attribute actually in line with its preferred combat style, making it the strongest out-of-the-box. Can you work with that? As far as I know, you can just give it a gun."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2023, 01:01:54 pm »

"TV-2906 seems to be the only model on offer which has both all quality ratings above 1, and the strongest core attribute actually in line with its preferred combat style, making it the strongest out-of-the-box. Can you work with that? As far as I know, you can just give it a gun."

"Invokers fight with summons, I'd have to give her an Invoker sized gun. Approving TV-2906."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2023, 01:19:20 pm »

"Commander Belov. My sympathies for your setback. How much to rent your training facility?"
Raising his head from staring dourly into his mug, Cmdr. Belov chuckles just a little. "You don't waste time, do you? I can respect that. 120 rubles per training cycle if you take all of them. If you want fewer, I'll have to raise the price to at least cover our maintenance costs for the cycle."
"Done. All thirty."

Baretta should train Invoker in our HC Combat Simulator for 22 cycles. (May edit to 30 cycles if IO says we have the money. Or switch to Recreational Leave if we only have one machine...)

Arrange for joint training with the Crystal Wings of the 2nd Division, if possible.
Capella will train Defender in Team Gunmetal Rose's HG Combat Simulator for 30 cycles at the cost of 3600 EC

Can be edited down to less cycles at whatever price if Ironyowl has a problem with this
"We have the money, go for it. A joint training exercise sounds advantageous, if you can manage it."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21