Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10837 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2023, 09:06:34 pm »

"Easy decision. Team Scarlet Star will provide support for the Specter Extermination. Handlers, ready your gear."

Accept the Apparition Extermination mission, deploy both ARMs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2023, 09:11:05 pm »

"Commander, I suggest that we deploy to the Recon mission. Both of our ARMs are capable in all of the required skills, which cannot be said for the other options."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2023, 10:05:46 pm »

Commander Deer, of the remaining missions, I would recommend sending our team on the decontamination task. They are quite effective at all of cleansing, combat, and aid, and while they are not as good at sensing, they are not much worse in that skill than at labor and empathy, which are both important for the relief mission.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2023, 10:49:47 pm »

"Baretta, you're going to deploy to Aumacha City on Apparition extermination, in support of the Crystal Wings. It should be an honor to work with them. Just three waves and you're out, no surprises. Stick with Capella and take advantage of her defensive capabilities."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2023, 11:55:13 pm »

Cmdr. Belov appears in person for the first time. Without even stopping to listen to the advice from Handler Finch, he matter-of-factly states:
"Gunmetal Rose will deploy to Green Area H32. Handler Finch, you and your ARM will be designated November Rose. Handler Thompson, you and you ARM will be designated Whiskey Rose. November Rose will take point due to superior SOUL, with Whiskey Rose supporting. You will undertake a systematic areal sweep following basic urban combat tactics, maintaining communication at all times. Although this mission does not require combat engagement, I will expect you both to use your judgement and eliminate petty threats as convenient. In the event of major threat, Whiskey Rose will provide suppressive fire to cover your retreat. Any questions?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2023, 12:46:19 am »

"Roger. Whiskey Rose approves deployment of designated ARM to Green Area H32. What is our operational budget?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2023, 01:08:30 am »

"I'll have to agree with Handler Alabaster's assessment. Of the two remaining missions, it appears our ARMs would be best suited for the decontamination job. I could suggest sending them to aid one of the other teams, but it would be prudent to get them used to working as a lone team, before familiarizing them with combined operations."
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2023, 02:32:02 am »

"Alright Capella, you will soon be deployed to your first mission. It is essentially just killing three waves of apparitions in support of Team Crystal Wings. Just make sure to protect Baretta and stay safe."

(Insert Mr. Bean copying meme for what I been doing so far.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2023, 11:53:56 am »

"Roger. Whiskey Rose approves deployment of designated ARM to Green Area H32. What is our operational budget?"
"Minimal. High Command has not seen fit to pay us yet. We can theoretically afford a team support supply drop. Try not to spend any money."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2023, 03:48:11 pm »

"Indeed, I agree."

Team Green will go on the Decontamination mission.  Deploy both ARMS.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 04:23:55 pm by Devastator »

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2023, 03:54:02 pm »

"Minimal. High Command has not seen fit to pay us yet. We can theoretically afford a team support supply drop. Try not to spend any money."
"November Rose copies, Commander!"
Sarah turns to Carla.
"You summon spears, right? Carla seems fairly plain for a magical girl, so I was thinking about using Longinus as a codename while you're in the field!"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2023, 05:11:50 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Missions

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: "Commencing operations. 4th Division, deploying ARMs."

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "Best of luck out there, girls."

Team Scarlet Star

Mission: Exterminate Apparitions

Baretta Scarlet: "We are sticking to the plan. Ready Capella?"
Capella Scarlet: "Yes Baretta! Let's make our Handlers proud!"
Baretta Scarlet: "Commander Lanceheart. We have entered the combat zone."

The two girls were soaring through the skies, each drapped in an ethereal veil of Phantasmal energy that seemed to flow around their "Maiden Dress", the clothes they manifested when entering combat mode.
Baretta wore a light red dress that looked like a functional ceremonial military uniform one would see at a parade.
Capella wore a bright orange dress with an elegant balance of frills and cool looking accessories, the sort you could imagine on an idol that performed on a scene.

Baretta Scarlet: "We are from the 4th Division, here for ground support."
[2nd Division Guardian Pilot] G2-Hawk: "Glad to have you there with us, girls. The Spectre hasn't manifested yet, Team Crystal Wings is on standby until it appears. The first Apparitions are already on the scene though, and are about to cross the first defensive line. We will be counting on your support."

Quote from: Phase 1
Danger: Medium
Difficulty: 4
Type: Individual
Skill: Highest Combat Skill

Baretta Scarlet: 6 = [3]+3(Invoker)
Capella Scartet: 6 = [2]+3(Defender)+1(Courage)

Baretta and Capella headed for the first defensive line where the NRCPF latest bipedal machines were fending off the assaults of the lowest grade of Phantasmal Entities, the Apparitions. Outfitted with special weaponry, the Guardians could destroy these dangerous ethereal creatures. Of course, such weaponry would be completely ineffective against even the weakest Spectre.

Baretta Scarlet: "Come on out, Gelato!"

Baretta conjured a phantasmal avatar from her soul, some Apparition-like soft marshmallow-like giant armed with twin red revolvers. Baretta jumped on top of it, and it started blasting at the waves of Apparitions, easily wiping them out.

Capella Scarlet: "You are not getting any further!"

Meanwhile Capella conjured a gigantic barrier to stop the advance of the Apparitions, with those entering its territory slowly dissolving until they were gone.

Baretta Scarlet: "First wave, cleared!"
Capella Scarlet: "Nice work Baretta!"

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "Attention ARMs. We are picking up a heavy Phantasmal anomaly. The Spectre is about to manifest, Team Crystal Wing is moving onto the scene. Stay on your toes and keep up the good work."

Quote from: Phase 2

Capella Scartet: 10 = [6]+3(Defender)+1(Courage)

The assault of the Apparitions resumed, while in the distance space was distorting. From the corner of their eyes, the ARMs of the 4th saw three rapidly moving trails of shining light approaching the anomaly. That must have been Team Crystal Wings.

Capella and Baretta continued advancing, and Capella expanded her domain even further. The Apparitions that kept appearing were dealt with in a clean and swift fashion.

[2nd Division Guardian Pilot] G2-Hawk: "Amazing. I will never stop being impressed by the power of Maidens."

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "The Spectre has manifested. C-Class, type Sorcerer. Watch out for the Apparitions, the increased levels of Phantasmal energy will empower them."

Quote from: Phase 3
Difficulty: 6

Capella Scartet: 4 = [1]+3(Defender)+1(Courage)

Just as Chief Operator Lia Valie warned, the Apparitions suddenly became much faster and stronger, even breaking through the barriers of Capella.

Baretta Scarlet: "Capella! You are over-extending yourself, get back! Ah! Watch out!"
Capella Scarlet: "Aaaah!"

A group of empowered Apparitions suddenly broke through several consecutive barriers, reaching and damaging Capella. Baretta abandoned her safe position to assist her partner, taking some damage in the process.

Baretta has taken 1 Courage damage (2/3)
Capella has taken 1 Power damage (2/3)

Baretta Scarlet: "Gelato! Shoot them all down!"

The Phantasmal avatar reloaded its guns, and laid waste to the remaining Apparitions.

Capella Scarlet: "Sorry Baretta... I got careless."
Baretta Scarlet: "It's all good, it's all still going as planned."

With the Apparitions cleaned up, they watched from afar as the three ARMs of Team Crystal Wings took out the C-Class Spectre.

Mission completed!

Team Green

Mission: Decontaminate the area

Malakim-12: "Team Green entering the contaminated area."
Raven-621: "Beginning analysis of Contamination."

The two girls of Team Green flew past Balyon City, whose western side had been heavily damaged by the recent attacks. Guardians and Gunships were patrolling around the outer defensive wall, on the lookout for any Apparitions. The ARMs then landed in the Contaminated area, a few kilometers away from the wall.

Malakim-12 wore a red and purple Maiden Dress, which looked like a long-sleeved qipao with flaming patterns. Each of her movements seemed accompanied with ethereal flames.
In contrast to the other ARM, Raven-621's Maiden Dress seemed futuristic in style, it was a white and orange cloak and suit set that was quite reminiscent of those worn by Guardian pilots. The cloak was long and large, able to completely cover Raven-621 when closed.

Danger: Low
Type: Teamwork
Skill: SENSE (SOUL)

Malakim-12: 6 = [5]+1(Sense)
Raven-621: 6 = [5]+1(Sense)

Light, ethereal pink and blue particles occasionally floated and jolted from the ground and out of thin air. There was like a transparent veil covering the entire area, one that would feel suffocating to a normal human.

Malakim-12: "Contamination levels within expected range: level D."
Raven-621: "I'm detecting incoming Apparitions, assuming battle mode."

Some particles congregated, forming Apparitions. Then from the ground and some ruins, more of them emerged.

Malakim-12: 10 = [6]+3(Caster)+1(Harmony)
Raven-621: 9 = [5]+3(Caster)+1(Harmony)

Malakim-12 summoned two tonfas, and a magical circle appeared around her wrists like wristbands. She then executed a quick succession of strikes in the empty air, and each of her strike was accompanied by a magical impact on the distant Apparitions.

Raven-621 took to the skies, and a circle made of red chains appeared behind her. Dozens magical chains fired from it, with the ARM making them swerve and accelerate with just a thought. They pierced and lashed at the Apparitions, easily dispatching them.

Malakim-12: "All Apparitions eliminated on my side. How is it on your side Raven-621?"
Raven-621: "I'm done clearing the area. Not picking any response from the Phantasm, we can begin decontamination."

Skill: CLEANSE (SOUL)

Malakim-12: 5 = [3]+2(Cleanse)
Raven-621: 5 = [3]+2(Cleanse)

The two ARMs focused the power of their SOUL, slowly removing the contamination from the area. But suddenly something went wrong, and there was a surge of Phantasmal Energy.

Malakim-12 has taken 1 Love damage (0/1)
Raven-621 has taken 1 Love damage (0/1)

Malakim-12: "I messed up- my bad."
Raven-621: "We both did. Let's focus, like we trained for."

Quote from: Phase 3 - Attempt #2
Skill: CLEANSE (SOUL)

Malakim-12: 6 = [4]+2(Cleanse)
Raven-621: 8 = [6]+2(Cleanse)

After recovering their bearings, the two girls resumed the decontamination of the area until Phantasmal levels were back to normal.

Malakim-12: "And we are done here. Good work out there Raven-621. Field work really is different from simulations..."
Raven-621: "Likewise Malakim-12. That was a learning experience."

Mission completed!

Team Gunmetal Rose

Mission: Search for precursor signs of Contamination

Carla: "Commander. We have reached the first designated area. Jeannie, ready to commence the recon?"
Jeannie Xian: "Yep Carla! Or should I call you Longinus?"
Carla: "Carla is fine. Let's go. Longinus, commencing survey."

The dusty abandoned ruins seemed devoid of activity, and the two girls stuck like sore thumbs.
Carla's Maiden Dress was some sort of light blue battle robe that was easy to move in. It had some religious feel to it, making her appear like a warrior priestess.
Jeannie wore a cute dress that was the same shade of green as her hair. It had cute and intricate floral patterns, and some flowing parts were iridescent with butterfly wing motifs. She also wore a stylized ammo belt around her waist.

Difficulty: 2

Carla: 5 = [2]+2(Sense)+1(Love)
Jeannie Xian: 6 = [3]+2(Sense)+1(Love)

The girls flew over the area, using their supernatural senses to check for Phantasmal energy levels.

Carla: "Nothing to report here. Anything on your end Jeannie?"
Jeannie Xian: "Nothing either, shall we move to the next area?"
Carla: "Let's, yes."

Carla: 9 = [6]+2(Sense)+1(Love)
Jeannie Xian: 7 = [4]+2(Sense)+1(Love)

Carla: "I'm picking up something in that stadium. Can you feel it?"
Jeannie Xian: "Yes. The Phantasmal energy level seems higher in there."

The two ARMs headed for the place where they felt something. In the middle of the stadium, there was an abnormal but weak accumulation of Phantasmal energy. The two girls started investigating.

Quote from: Phase 2 - Optional
Skill: PUZZLE (MIND)

Carla: 8 = [6]+2(Puzzle)
Jeannie Xian: 5 = [2]+2(Puzzle)+1(Harmony)

The two girls managed to find the source of all this. Some invisible hole from which Phantasmal energy was leaking.

Carla: "Found it- Phantasmal energy is leaking from there."
Jeannie Xian: "Should we purify it?"
Carla: "No, we will just report it. They may send us or someone else later, for now let's focus on the survey."

They moved on to the last target.

Carla: 5 = [2]+2(Sense)+1(Love)
Jeannie Xian: 5 = [2]+2(Sense)+1(Love)

The place was a pile of rubbles, destroyed by a previous battle between the NRCPF and Phantasmal Entities.

Carla: "Interferences... that's odd."
Jeannie Xian: "...Hey, is that?... Ah!"

Suddenly an Apparition emerged from below the rubbles, slashing at the two surprised ARMs. More of them appeared from their hiding places.

Carla has taken 1 Courage damage (2/3)
Jeannie Xian has taken 1 Courage damage (2/3)

Quote from: Phase 3 - Optional

Carla: 8 = [5]+3(Invoker)+1(Love)
Jeannie Xian: 8 = [5]+3(Caster)+1(Harmony)

Carla: "An ambush! Come, Warrior!"
Jeannie Xian: "Damn weaklings!!!"

Carla summoned forth a great Phantasmal avatar that looked like an armoured spear-wielding giant, which picked up the ARM an put her on its shoulder. With a sweep of its massive spear, it eliminated most of the Apparitions.
Jeannie Xian then took to the skies, conjuring a dozen of heavy machine guns from a magical circle that hovered behind her like a large halo. The guns fired all at once, causing magical bullets to rain over the remaining Apparitions until none remained.

Quote from: Phase 3 - Attempt#2

Carla: 9 = [6]+2(Sense)+1(Love)
Jeannie Xian: 8 = [5]+2(Sense)+1(Love)

Carla: "Area clear, and Phantasmal levels low. We are good to go."
Jeannie Xian: "That was more tiring than I expected..."

The two ARMs then sent their findings to HQ, after which they returned without an incident.

Mission completed!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:49:05 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2023, 05:12:23 pm »

Year 450 Cycle 1 - Reports

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Good job out there girls. You performed quite adequately for a first outing, be proud, but don't let overconfidence get to your head.

Team Scarlet Star

Main Objective Completed: +5000EC

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: The 2nd ARM Division and Team Crystal Wings are sending their regards and thanks for the assist. They are looking forward to the growth of Team Scarlet Star, and hope to work again with them in the future.

Quote from: ARM Report
Baretta Scarlet
Phantasm Elements
D: 0 -> 1

INVOKER: 3/7 (0/40 -> 3/40)

Capella Scarlet
Phantasm Elements
D: 0 -> 1

DEFENDER: 3/5 (0/40 -> 3/40)

Spoiler: Baretta Scarlet Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capella Scarlet Status (click to show/hide)

Team Green

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: The Administration of Balyon City sends its gratitude for decontaminating the area. The surrounding areas should be a bit safer for workers, now.

Malakim-12
CASTER: 3/4 (0/40 -> 1/40)
SENSES: 1/4 (0/20 -> 1/20)
CLEANSE: 2/4 (0/30 -> 2/30)

Raven-621
CASTER: 3/6 (0/40 -> 1/40)
SENSES: 1/3 (0/20 -> 1/20)
CLEANSE: 2/5 (0/30 -> 2/30)

Spoiler: Malakim-12 Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raven-621 Status (click to show/hide)

Team Gunmetal Rose

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Thanks to the data from the recon, HC has a better grasp of the situation in Area H32. A low priority decontamination order may be requested soon.

Carla
INVOKER: 3/7 (0/40 -> 1/40)
SENSES: 2/6 (0/30 -> 3/30)
PUZZLE: 2/5 (0/30 -> 1/30)

Jeannie Xian
CASTER: 3/7 (0/40 -> 1/40)
SENSES: 2/5 (0/30 -> 3/30)
PUZZLE: 2/6 (0/30 -> 1/30)

Spoiler: Carla Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jeannie Xian Status (click to show/hide)

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: And that's it for the reports. The Teams will now be on standby until further notice. Handlers, the rest is up to you.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 08:54:56 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2023, 05:51:34 pm »

Mechanic explanations about Downtime, Training, and Phantasm elements will come next. You are welcome to RP the results of the missions, though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:00:55 pm by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2023, 06:12:27 pm »

>Commander Deer, I believe it would be advantageous to acquire a decent or better landscape area, which will allow them to restore Love without having to skip out on training or other such activities. Additionally, it would likely be advantageous to acquire a low-grade quality optimizer, so that we may raise their Love thresholds and keep them safer from situations like this. It was entirely possible for them to botch the purification a second time. A learning accelerator would also be useful, likely better to get before the optimizer, as we can actually use the accelerator now.

Closing the communication channel, Jocelyn turns her attention to the swiftly-arriving Team Green, particularly her charge. “Welcome back, and excellent work. While it was not perfect, few missions ever are, and you recovered admirably. Both of you will be healing soon, but as we presently only have one decontamination sphere, turns will need to be taken. Han, do you feel ready to begin training prior to decontamination?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21