Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10792 times)

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2023, 12:15:08 am »

Name: Sarah Finch
Desired Role: Handler
Appearance: A young woman just out of college, she stands significantly shorter than average, with blue eyes and black hair.
Background: Growing up on the wake of the NCRPF's resounding success in reclaiming the continent, Sarah was drawn to the idea of ensuring a bright future for humanity. After the appearance of the UPI unmade decades of progress, she knows she can do more than ever to help others.
Personality: Treats the ARMs, (and the rest of the staff) as comrades working towards the noble goal of making the world a better place.
Dislikes: Darkness, needless cruelty, fish.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2023, 06:31:32 am »

YEAR 450 CYCLE 1 - PROLOGUE: THE NRCPF 4th ARMS DIVISION

[4th Division Chief Commander] Talaros Braern: Greetings Officers, and welcome to the newly reformed NRCPF 4th ARMS DIVISION. My name is Talaros Braern, Chief Commander of the 4th Division and its Guardian Squads. You will be put in charge of our three 2nd Generation ARM Teams. Officer Lia Valie, please explain the specifics of the roles.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Thank you commander Braern. Let me introduce myself first, I am Chief Operator Lia Valie. I am in charge of the 4th Division communications, and will be your main liaison in future operations. Let us begin by reviewing your assignments.

Quote from: Team 1
Commander: Ray Lanceheart (IronyOwl)
Handlers: Natashia Argis (Egan_BW) and Johnathon Smith (The Canadian kitten)

Quote from: Team 2
Commander: Charles Deer (Devastator)
Handlers: Jocelyn Alabaster (Glass) and Handler Walter (Prophet)

Quote from: Team 3
Commander: Aleksei Vasilyevich Belov (Maximum Spin)
Handlers: Roland Thompson (Stirk) and Sarah Finch (VermilionSkies)

If you have an issue with the current assignments, please manifest yourselves and we will make arrangements. Of course, you will still be able to reorganize your teams later on if the need arises.

Now then, we will need each of you to decide on the name of your ARM Team.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Once that is done, let us review the basics once more. The Commanders will be in charge of directing operations, managing their team's budget and equipment. The Handlers will be acting as supporting officers, but their main task will remain taking care of their assigned ARM.

Now for a bit of refreshment about the definition of an ARM: Artifical Maidens are biomechanical humanoid units created with cutting edge Phantasmal technology. The two main components of an ARM are the Frame and the Core. The Core, also called ARM Core, is an artifical Maiden Core grown from a shard of the original Maidens each ARM is based on. This process is called Incubation, and is grown along with the second component of an ARM: the Frame, an artificial replica of the base Maiden's body, enhanced to surpass a human's capabilities. Appearance-wise and mentally, an ARM is indistinguishable from a normal girl.

Next let's review the four Core Attributes of an ARM, and their associated Qualities and Flaws, as well as the ARM Combat Styles. Still following? Good.

An ARM's Core Attributes are LIFE, MIND, HEART, and SOUL. Each Attribute will determine the Potential of a Quality, as well as the Flaw Limit of a Flaw.

ARM Qualities and Flaws are descriptors of an ARM's integrity. The higher a Quality's state, the more resilient and powerful an ARM in the associated Core Attribute. If an ARM suffers from too much damage, its Quality may become a Flaw. If a Flaw's state exceeds the Flaw Limit, the death of the ARM will be the least of your worries.
- LIFE is associated with POWER and WEAKNESS.
- MIND is associated with HARMONY and TURMOIL.
- HEART is associated with COURAGE and FEAR.
- SOUL is associated with LOVE and HATE.

I hope you are still with me. I like beating the iron while it is still hot.

Each Core Attribute is also associated with a Combat Styles. The four Combat Styles are as follow:
- STRIKER (LIFE): those who imbue themselves in magical power and manifest it into weapons.
- CASTER (MIND): those who use magical power to cast spells and overwhelm their enemies.
- DEFENDER (HEART): those who project magical power to create barriers and protected areas.
- INVOKER (SOUL): those who summon their magical power into a phantasmal avatar to command.

And lastly, we have the non-combat skills.
- SENSES (variable): the ability to perceive and discern. The attribute used depends on the situation.
- AID (variable): the ability to heal others and share magical power. The attribute used depends on the situation.
- LABOR (POWER): the ability to complete physical labor.
- PUZZLE/ENIGMA (MIND): the ability to solve problems and avoid traps.
- EMPATHY (HEART): the ability to understand and appease the emotions of others.
- CLEANSE (SOUL): the ability to purify phantasmal contamination.

I was joking, there is more! I swear, this is the last before we move on to the next subject. I haven't yet talked about the four ARMS TYPES. An ARM can have up to two types, with some having a single type. You should understand quickly by looking at this slide:
- Pure: +Power / +Hate
- Cool: +Harmony / +Weakness
- Brave: +Courage / +Turmoil
- Innocent: +Love / +Fear

Easy right? Good job holding out. I have sent you a summary if you need a refresher.

Spoiler: ARM SHEET (click to show/hide)

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Moving on. Here is the list of ARMs made available to the 4th Division. These 24 units are all brand new 2nd Generation units, and as such their operational history is squeaky clean. Once you have finished reviewing the ARM specifications, please select which ARM you wish to be assigned to.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Oh, do note that if several Officers select the same ARM, then we will decide the assignment with a coin toss.

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: If you have any question just ask, I will gladly answer.

Spoiler: ZW-2929 STRIKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: BR-2056 STRIKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: VG-2780 STRIKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MT-2883 STRIKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MM-2899 STRIKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TS-2516 STRIKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AC-2621 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: PF-2145 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: XH-2111 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CR-2405 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: JX-2344 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MG-2840 CASTER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HK-2373 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GY-2296 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SD-2034 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: YS-2444 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FT-2044 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AA-2678 DEFENDER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TV-2906 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TR-2070 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HD-2666 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GZ-2187 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: YX-2783 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CI-2921 INVOKER (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 03:25:45 am by Nakéen »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2023, 08:45:51 am »

…How do ARMs have parents and family exactly? No wait, it is the person they copied from I get it. I need to get more sleep.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 08:48:05 am by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2023, 08:56:34 am »

Handler Alabaster requests assignment to Xili Han/XH-2111.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2023, 09:05:43 am »

This is Finch, requesting to be paired with Invoker CI-2921.
I leave the naming of our team to our noble Commander.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2023, 10:00:29 am »

"Analyzing data. Handler Smith, do you have a preference for tactical role?

Tentatively selecting GZ-2187 for good invoker and aid potential.

Assuming I go with that, we probably want solid senses and cleanse in addition. Maybe a Defender. GY-2296?
Or I guess Invokers can be a tank using their phantasms as frontline fighters, so we could go with a Caster as pure offense.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 10:37:41 am by Egan_BW »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2023, 10:54:58 am »

Via text-based communication, Cmdr. Belov indicates assent.
This assignment is acceptable.
Seconds later, another message follows through the same channel:
Thompson, recommendation to take JX-2344 due to strong potential and acceptable all-around statistics.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2023, 12:30:59 pm »

"Analyzing data. Handler Smith, do you have a preference for tactical role?

"Seems best to have a defender in the team. I will be selecting GY-2296 for her good stats and potential

Handler Smith requests the assignment of GY-2296

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2023, 01:03:37 pm »

Via text-based communication, Cmdr. Belov indicates assent.
This assignment is acceptable.
Seconds later, another message follows through the same channel:
Thompson, recommendation to take JX-2344 due to strong potential and acceptable all-around statistics.

“Affirmative. No complaints here Boss. If we don’t have a name yet I suggest following the traditional naming scheme with something like ‘Crimson Tide’ “

Roland yawns, takes a big sip of a popular energy drink, and looks over his new partner’s file. Likes cool people, eh? He briefly considers if he qualifies, realizes he is probably the single least cool person in the organization, and contemplates if buying sunglasses would help the situation.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2023, 02:27:43 pm »

"This is Handler Walter, requesting assignment to AC-2621"
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2023, 03:03:44 pm »

“Affirmative. No complaints here Boss. If we don’t have a name yet I suggest following the traditional naming scheme with something like ‘Crimson Tide’ “
Handler, that name sounds like some kind of popular energy drink. How about... "Rock Stars"?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2023, 03:32:32 pm »

Roland crushes his Crimson Tide can and throws it in the trash.

"Traditionally they have color names, from what I understand this is related to how young girls like pretty colors. So something like...Black Sabbath. I know that has nothing to do with Rock Stars, but I'm really looking forward to the weekend"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2023, 03:45:54 pm »

I also thought of Red Bulls, but that might confuse people. We can think on this and circle back to it later.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2023, 07:08:12 pm »

Commander Lanceheart grins, looking over the files with glee.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance, Handlers. This is Commander Ray Lanceheart designating Team Scarlet Star."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2023, 07:43:27 pm »

Well, seems like the naming scheme is, uh, 'colored environmental feature'. Do with that what you will, Commander.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21