Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Boatmurdered save file?  (Read 1086 times)

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Boatmurdered save file?
« on: September 30, 2023, 09:42:18 pm »

Is the save file for boatmurdered still floating around someone on the internet? I’d love to explore it in adventure mode.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Boatmurdered save file?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 02:59:03 am »

You'd have to get in contact with the originals from Something Awful (if they're around/alive still) and hope they kept a hard drive around for that long. Seems like a long shot, especially because the fortress gained popularity more as it was already done.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2023, 07:41:25 pm »

You'd have to get in contact with the originals from Something Awful (if they're around/alive still) and hope they kept a hard drive around for that long. Seems like a long shot, especially because the fortress gained popularity more as it was already done.

Flipping through those threads, seems the original saves are likely lost media now. Any links people found are deader than dead.

The Master might have had a save of it at some point and I happen to have a line to him so I can ask, but chances are as I said - lost media.

EDIT: I also checked some found archives of the threads of the fort itself, but they're paywalled so even if one or more saves might be salvageable someone would need to buy in to go looking.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 02:49:50 am »

A search on the DF file depot shows what looks to be the last three save files ("Boatmurdered-autuv-4" is the largest and probably last save) and the complete story in a PDF.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Urist Mchateselves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 03:35:12 pm »

A search on the DF file depot shows what looks to be the last three save files ("Boatmurdered-autuv-4" is the largest and probably last save) and the complete story in a PDF.

Nope, that’s not Boatmurdered. It’s not even in the proper game version to run Boatmurdered.
If you're so sure that you're gonna end up killing all of dwarven civilization, why not make a statue depicting 2147483647 dead dwarves, all of which are burning? Name it something good, like Deaddead the Dead Dead Dead-Dead of Dying. Just put it in the main hall or something, as a grim reminder that they're all gonna die.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2023, 07:36:03 pm »

I will ask Sankis