Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Best Throwing Weapons  (Read 6849 times)

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Best Throwing Weapons
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 01:09:00 am »

I threw a head at a skeletal bowman and it fell in a lake.  I jumped in the lake to grab the head and there was a fly on it.  A single fly.  So I picked it up.  I then threw the fly at the bowman...

That's about as humiliating as it gets.  Killed by a thrown fly.

Vengeful Donut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 04:13:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Karlito:
<STRONG>butterfly corpses.  Hands down.</STRONG>

I've killed an ettin with a handful of live faeries  :D

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 04:55:00 pm »

Fish grenades are quite effective if you pull the pin before you throw:

But yes, adamentine ballista arrows, when superior quality or above, are a light and very effective weapon. At minimum they sever something. Always. Even on demons and dragons. I've never had someone explode from them, though, personally.

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>I know this isn't quite throwing, but once I beat a kobold to death with his own arm. That's gotta be disgraceful.</STRONG>

[ December 22, 2007: Message edited by: Anti-Paragon ]

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 07:59:00 pm »

Bahaha. Owned. Could've used gamelog.txt, though.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Anti-Paragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Clerk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2007, 09:01:00 pm »

Aye. I didn't know about it back then, though.
Ah well, the screenies discern legitimacy anyway. :P

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2007, 12:57:00 am »

Heh, I got my sword stuck in an ettin's lower body once. I couldn't pull it out, so I did the only thing I could think of: I started strippping and throwing my clothes at it. He didn't last long.

On the other hand, while in the same cave I got instagibbed by a naked mole dog because I forgot to go pick up my armor.  :mad:

Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2007, 01:22:00 am »

Finally! A use for all the statues iron men always drop!
ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

FunkyBomb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2007, 09:52:00 pm »

I like throwing the wooden weapons elves carry. There's not much else to do with them, so...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »

I once had a wrestler die because a pack of wolves bit his head off. So I did the only thing that made sense and kept the thing. It was my lucky throwing weapon, I often made a kill with it. Also, did anyone notice that whenever you throw dismembered body parts they leave a neat trail of blood (if the creature had blood, of course)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »

I find spears to be quite handy for throwing purposes, as they can cause some very nasty injuries on a critter, and leave a trail of blood behind them for easy tracking, provided they run away from you.

However it's kind of a pisser when it gets stuck in the wound, and you have to run after the creature through the tunnels to get your spear back.

On a slightly different note, giant corpses are strangely effective for close combat.  I don't think I tried throwing him, but smashing people with him was quite entertaining.  I also figured I'd bring the body back to prove to the mayor I'd killed him, as an added bonus.

ChaosSonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »

Shields are great for throwing, I mean, look at Captain America! They're even better if the shields menace with spikes of something.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 07:58:00 am »

Live flies and cockroaches. Nothing is as terrible of a death as a pierced lung by a cockroach.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

nicro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 02:13:00 pm »

are thrown items as stronger/more accurate than in the 2d version? I find my new adventurer usually has more luck than I previously had. Although this might be coincidence.

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 04:38:00 am »

I always like to nick the quiver off a bowman or crossbowman and then kill him by throwing his own ammo at him.  But failing that, I've actually had fun with about 5 or 6 full waterskins throwing water at things.  There's nothing funnier than watching a goblin child's head get ripped off by a thrown spinning water.

[ January 03, 2008: Message edited by: Rob Allen ]

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 05:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by nicro:
<STRONG>are thrown items as stronger/more accurate than in the 2d version? I find my new adventurer usually has more luck than I previously had. Although this might be coincidence.</STRONG>

As thrower skill increases, your damage and accuracy goes up. The 2d version was bugged such that while damage still went up, no skill = legendary accuracy and legendary = no skill accuracy.

This has been fixed for the 3d version (at least as far as I can tell, I don't throw much).

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!
Pages: 1 [2] 3