Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13639 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 3- (14/???)
« Reply #150 on: September 24, 2023, 01:22:40 pm »

The flames peak to those who see them, foretelling the destruction of Gempria should all not come to terms as one nation.
To follow the noble example of their God-Kings, the Fire-Unlen from the Kingdom of Fire Season and the Unlen from the Empire of Eternal Day decided to put their past enmity behind and forge a new peace. This new peace was signed in the magnificent palace of Neetocris the God-King, greatest home across the realms. The Cults of the Burning Queen and Eternal Day have merged into the Cult of the Phoenix.
In the interests of helping maintain the steady flow of time, and in reflecting affairs on earth as they reflect affairs in heaven, to move into a pleasing fractal infinity, THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame, Two Speaking as One, inspired by the warmhearted enthusiasm of our worshippers within the Cult of the Phoenix, as they worshipfully imitate the state of our divine body in their practice of faith, hereby requests that the rulers and highest offices our two great states, the Kingdom of Fire, and the Empire of Eternal Day, begins the long process of integration into a single unified state.

Relaxing our borders, unifying our currency, standardizing tax code and book sorting systems, sharing census data, learning from each others storied military traditions, and other similar policies, so that the governance of two can become one, and thus grow more effective and powerful, while preserving the unique cultures and traditions which made us so great to begin with. It is the hope of THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame that this celestial mandate will be respected and carried out, and will lead to greater prosperity and happiness for all. As it is within the solar heavens, let it be so on Gempria.

THESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUNTHESUN

-The contents of two very brightly shining amber tablets that fell from the heavens into the centres of power and rule of the Kingdom of Fire and the Empire of Eternal Day, speaking with the humming double-voice of the THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame, which makes the ground tremble.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 12:02:19 am by Demonic Spoon »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 24, 2023, 01:51:05 pm »

The Astral Kingmaker beheld the flowing states of causality around it. The dying Fungus, the roaring Dust, the fleeing Dalasans, and the raiding Sratiira. This saga would be born in disaster and strife. However, it was that which has birth-devoured countless rulers and nations. Drawing upon it's recollection of a thousand similar kingdoms, it recalls their tales of glory-suffering, savoring in the details of their struggles. The Arcane God-King's remembrances, and the inspiration of both the Vast Dust's rage and the Sandfolks own unique forms, coalescing into The Way of the Shifting Sandstorm. A defensive doctrine and philosophy, to be unknown and unexpected, to strike fast and deep into those who were vulnerable then disappear, to take and destroy all that would sustain their foes. To those who would call Esulom their home, they would be the howling desert which obscures them from danger, and to any invaders they would be the searing hot sand which saps you of all will to struggle.

Minor Intervention:
The Crown of Arcane Wisdom propagates The Way of the Shifting Sandstorm amongst the Sandking and his leadership.

Minor Blessings:
It removes the blessing irresistibility and the blessing on it's landing site.

The Astral Kingmaker blesses the lineage of the Sandking, may their line be fruitful and powerful for as long as they hold true to Esulom

The Astral Kingmaker blesses the desert of Esulom, may the sands forever shift upon it's surface.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 01:58:21 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 24, 2023, 02:13:29 pm »

“If you do not remove the Curse you lay upon my Spawn, THESUN, then there will be no more migratory isolationist stance from me, I do not wish to resort to the act of conflict, but if the act must be done, I shall perform it as so.”

Omnipotence transmutes the Major Intervention into three Minor Ones

Minor Intervention: Create the Electricity Orb, a giant magical orb made out of steel inserted into Omnipotence Pyramid Vessel that can shoot deathly electricity, capable of dealing divine damage, and utilize it to shoot an electricity-cage at the Interloper hunting Omnipotence, to Seal it for this turn.

Minor Intervention: Create the Sandstone Fort, an entire pyramid-shaped fort with defensive structures in place made out of sandstone that sits on the border between Esulom and the Vast-Dust, mainly more towards Esulom

Minor Intervention: Create the Lasercats, magical elemental-like mortals that take the shape of a cat made out of pure red plasma-like energy with glowing sandstone orbs for eyes that contain their energy cores, they are capable of shooting destructive lasers out of their energy cores as well as their only form of reproduction is through magical-mitosis. They are very much sapient, but their mentality is that of order and structure, needing to follow a strict hierarchy within their groups for them to cope with their existence and a hatred of anarchy resides within all of them. Place as much as can be created with a Minor Intervention across the Sandstone Fort

Minor Blessing: Bless the Council of Sand, the oligarchy for the oldest Sandfolk that controls the Kingdom of Lasers that they are not welcomed here, they need and will have to mass migration (turning into the shape of Dust Devils) back to their homeland of the lands of Esulom so that a war with the other Kingdoms and Empire in Gempria doesn’t happen. As well as bringing in the new spawn of Omnipotence, the Lasercats as assistive mortal worshippers into the Kingdom when they reach Esulom. They can learn about the new Kingdom that resides within Esulom that has their ancestral family within them on their own.

Misc Action: Give the Laser Cannon and Energy Shield Generator to the Lasercats that live within the Sandstone Fort.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 04:07:45 am by Shadowclaw777 »

sodafoutain

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:incessant muttering]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2023, 02:19:16 pm »

Minor intervention: Cause some of the news distributed through the network to be unnecessarily derisive, inciting conflict among the races of men.
Minor blessing: One of the users of the terminal becomes insane, and starts to investigate the source of the pipes. He retreats into his chambers, vowing not to come out until he can be one with the information network.

I've been out of the way thus far, but I have no particular allegiance to these mortals. Let's see them burn.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Richard Stallman's Kind Communication Guidelines

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2023, 02:19:27 pm »

Action: Go and blast the Interloper that is hunting Omnipotence, again with the Laser Cannon.

(Warning you beforehand! The laser is very much available and powerful, but it won't succeed in harming the Envoy without an Intervention as "action fuel". In practice this just means the Action you declared will not be processed, as it would fall outside the rules of Intervention.)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2023, 02:30:20 pm »

“If you do not remove the Curse you lay upon my Spawn, THESUN, then there will be no more migratory isolationist stance from me, I do not wish to resort to the act of conflict, but if the act must be done, I shall perform it as so.”

Major Intervention : Create the Lasercats, magical elemental-like mortals that take the shape of a cat made out of pure red plasma-like energy with glowing sandstone orbs for eyes that contain their energy cores, they are capable of shooting destructive lasers out of their energy cores as well as their only form of reproduction is through magical-mitosis. They are very much sapient, but their mentality is that of order and structure, needing to follow a strict hierarchy within their groups for them to cope with their existence and a hatred of anarchy resides within all of them. Place as much as can be created with a Major Intervention all across Esulom, making sure they understand that Omnipotence is their creator.

Minor Blessing: Bless the Council of Sand, the oligarchy for the oldest Sandfolk that controls the Kingdom of Lasers that they are not welcomed here, they need and will have to perform a mass migration of their Kingdom (turning into the shape of Dust Devils) back to their homeland of the lands of Esulom so that a war with the other Kingdoms and Empire in Gempria doesn’t happen. As well as bringing in the new spawn of Omnipotence, the Lasercats as assistive mortal worshippers into the Kingdom when they reach Esulom. As well as telling the Council, about a new Kingdom that has taken residence there.

Action: Go and blast the Interloper that is hunting Omnipotence, again with the Laser Cannon.
Quote from: Godchat
Guess the Omnipotent isn't Omniscient. There is no Curse in the Eternal Kingdom of Light.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 24, 2023, 02:59:51 pm »

Minor intervention: Cause some of the news distributed through the network to be unnecessarily derisive, inciting conflict among the races of men.
Minor blessing: One of the users of the terminal becomes insane, and starts to investigate the source of the pipes. He retreats into his chambers, vowing not to come out until he can be one with the information network.

I've been out of the way thus far, but I have no particular allegiance to these mortals. Let's see them burn.

"I believe you are confused, it is likely to leave the mortals intact while destroying their hierarchies. The kingdoms will fall, not the mortals"

Having said that Neetocris repurposes the tubes in his area of influence as waste disposal receptacles, transforming news.global into a combination of sewer and garbage duct as punishment for attempting to destroy all the mortals.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 24, 2023, 09:11:12 pm »

Awe: 1
Law: 0
Might: 3+1

Taki is reincarnated as a Wanderer captive to be sacrificed by the Gavrastratii!

minor Intervention: Revolution time!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2023, 09:59:25 pm »

Something is wrong.

Queen Vetriel and her party of adventurers still. Revolution’s words before have been at times irreverent or perfunctory, rambling or dismissive, but never... solemn, like this.

“What is it, oh Lord? Have we... have we failed you? Tell us how-“
No! No, it is nothing you have done. Her companion’s words are interrupted, but it is welcome. No, this is the working of interlopers. Something is dividing us. I hear your prayers, but the power behind them is... locked away. Restricted. It does not flow as is proper.

That is... bad. Revolution had not explained much, but they had at least explained that the strength of their blessings had been in large part derived from the worship they were given - that their support of the people of Scaple was made possible only by the people of Scaple supporting them.
Vetriel came to a decision.
“You would not tell us this if we could not assist you. What, then, are your commands? We shall be your champions, so bless us-“
I cannot.

Silence and stillness once more reign over the desert landscape.
It is... terrified.

Another explorer begins to speak, but is immediately cut off.
I would if I could, but the pillar they have left here, the blessed and cursed cannot touch it. It denies the gods in all manner. Only those who carry not the touch of divinity may even approach it; my blessing would only doom those sent to eternal wandering in the Vast Dust, unable to find their goal. I am sorry.
But I can provide aid of a different sort.

Minor Intervention: Revolution creates a sizable amount of equipment, suitable for a long journey and whatever complications they may encounter along the way.

Queen Vetriel and her companions stare at the conjured items; their slick silhouettes and forms made of deep-blue metal are... disconcerting, somewhat. It does not belong here.
This should... help. It is of high quality, and should be of a level of technology beyond what any mortal here should be capable of producing. But that is all they are; there is no magic to them, no divinity. I cannot guarantee that they shall not fail; I cannot bend fate in their favor. They are merely... good tools.
There is a sense of the divine blade... sighing.
Regardless. I am not done, for tools alone can do naught.

Minor Blessing: Bless Queen Vetriel with wisdom and insight into the skills of others.

It is at a time like this, that I am glad that I bound my blessing to the land of Scaple. Those unlen of your kingdom who travel beyond its borders will, too, leave their blessings behind until their return. So heed this charge: find those who are willing to take such a risk, to go beyond the land of your home, beyond the land of my blessing, to break the Bastion of Blasphemy, the Pillar of Profanity. Select of them the greatest, who you believe shall be most likely to succeed.
Return to me, to us, the proper bindings of faith and fate. For we are stronger together, and that which would divide us must not stand.

Around her, the adventurers broke out into cheered praises of Revolution and affirmations of determination to succeed.
Vetriel herself was fighting off yet another divine-infusion-of-information-inflicted headache.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2023, 11:01:38 pm »

THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame sincerely thanks eagle-eyed Omnipotence for their co-operation in preserving both our powerbases, and wishes them the best in their future endeauvours. THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame shall be watching with great interest. The curse has been retroactively lifted due to a brief stutter in time, which proves the neccessity of what we are doing.

Minor Curse: The mailpipe terminals in Gempria can now only send out messages and items, not receive them, and transmute anything they send into vaporizing beams of light and heat that come out the other end somewhere outside Gempria.

If THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame understands correctly, this will cancel the minor blessing on the terminals, and counter news.global.*'s minor intervention, because THESUN Phoenix if Renewing Flame has higher Law than news.global.* has Law or Might.

THESUN Phoenix of Renewing Flame sends down some purple feathers etched with golden letters to messengers and book deliverers informing of the change, as the mailpipes have fallen out of night and solar favour, due to the activities of news.global.muskmelon.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 03:09:04 am by Demonic Spoon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2023, 11:13:04 pm »

Minor intervention: Extend my transmitting antenna to precisely beam large amounts of data from space into the cores of a handful of sand-things, causing them to reproduce rapidly into a new bloodline of sand-things which absorb information instead of magic.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2023, 11:22:31 pm »

Minor intervention: Big war golem that accompany legion of criminals  to smash that big pillar, and big monster in the middle of nowhere

Minor curse: That monster guarding the pillar
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 11:54:29 am by The Canadian kitten »

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 25, 2023, 02:38:53 am »

A stunned silence filled the cold night air, as the Wanderer of the stars watched in horror at what had happened to his people, and fellow god. Seeing the state of Dasalan, and the wanderers who stilled lived within it, he realised that help would be needed. Firstly, he communed with the vast dusts of the earth.

"Dusts of Daslan, I have gazed from the peak of my tower at your actions for many years, and understand your anger at the loss of my cousins form. But I ask you this, I am to make life within Daslan, to help the cities of its people recover. These forests shall float above you, and only water will touch your mighty forms from it. I ask you, that you do not destroy it, and the moisture that the Wanderers have. Should you follow this, and perhaps provide help to the people who once lived here, and may return...I will bless you greatly, giving you knowledge to outsmart those who would see you destroyed. I will ensure your safety, if you ensure my people theirs."

Then, he got to work, gathering metals and life frozen on rocks from the sky, and twisting them together to create alien seeds, which grew and raised parts of the earth off the ground, as water filled the holes, and floating islands made. This jungle like forestwas known asThe Startouched bounty, and became full of creatures and foods that grew and thrived under starlight, and strange Starmetal, which refused to stay bound to the ground, and took other material with it...to be used to build family barges and other flying machines so the Philosipher city of Dressalia, and one day the wanderers as a whole could live how they wished to, in the air. This area did not stretch far however, only around the mighty city, though the god had plans of expanding it farther.

Finally, he spoke to the city that remained, now surrounded by life and beauty.

"Knowledge seekers, who have gathered in this sacred ground and survived the desert winds...I bless you with greatness and life. Though my cousin was struck down, he will return...and when he does, I would like that this desert is reclaimed and strengthened...I wish for you to elect the wisest and most adept with True Names and faith that you know, and send them on barges across the world...to Recruit Wanderers, and likeminded folk that would join this civilization and grow, and perhaps one day spread all across the desert again. I also ask that you be wary of some of the other gods...for example the accursed tendril of earth that meets our fair city has a god planning foul things to civilization as a whole...do not listen to its dissonant whispers for now...and be cautious of the Lord of the Sun, and the two betrayer gods that attempted to destroy the desert. Should you keep this both in mind, we shall rebuild, and grow stronger than ever before."

Use One Minor Intervention to create the Startouched bounty as detailed above, above and around the city that still stands, vines outstreched down for the people to explore. Also use my final Minor Blessing, of cunning and protection upon the vast dust, should it not attempt to strike down what I have made. If it does attempt to do so, give it no blessing, and pray that the people of the nation hear the stars prophecy in time. Also for my Misc action, tell my people my plan, and hope to me that they follow it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 02:41:11 am by Megam0nkey »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2023, 03:11:07 am »

I also ask that you be wary of some of the other gods...and be cautious of the Lord of the Sun,
Wow. Ruuuude.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2023, 03:32:53 am »

I also ask that you be wary of some of the other gods...and be cautious of the Lord of the Sun,
Wow. Ruuuude.
[ACTION].[WILL].[EON] squints in the general direction of HYPOCRISY.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27