Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13545 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 8- (15/???)
« Reply #315 on: October 15, 2023, 12:13:28 am »

Vessel Type: World
Vessel Description: A small Hill located within Gemperia, Mortals that stay upon this hill can feel great remorse coming off it
THESUN's major blessing of the EMERGENCY GEMPRIA PRESERVATION ACT contests this.

Imagine having the gall to incarnate into the only land that survived you and your partner's rampages.

No.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 12:53:34 am by Demonic Spoon »

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 15, 2023, 12:15:47 am »

Vessel Description: A small Hill located within Gemperia, Mortals that stay upon this hill can feel great remorse coming off it
THESUN's major blessing of the EMERGENCY GEMPRIA PRESEERVATION ACT contests this.

Imagine having the gall to incarnate into the only.land that survived you and your partner's rampages.

Blame Rut-Var for this, I just chill and gave people stuff and I would rather reincarnate elsewhere but unfortunately elsewhere does not exist anymore

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 15, 2023, 02:42:00 am »

Reincarnation:
The God-King once known as Esulom seeped into the Mana-Heart of it's Vessel, forged for this very purpose. The majestic, gestalt King of Mana shifting, his Mana body changing to reflect the awe inspiring divine radiance within, a presence of ancient glory and power hanging about it.

Minor Intervention:
Esugomot gathered the Mana Kingdom, leading them to completely abandon Gempria entirely and voyage to The North to found a new home for his entire descendant-people. The Ancient King personally dealing with any dissent amongst it's people along the way, either natural or stirred up by the powers of it's Kin.

Minor Blessings:
Maintain the Blessing on Raven

Talking to the People of the Mana:

Esugomot spoke, and thus heard all beings connected to the Mana, for he was the Heart-Origin of all Mana. "Listen well my children, for I am Esugomot! I am Esugomot who first took upon his brow the Divine Crown of Mana, and the Mana Crown one and the same. I am Esugomot who lead the people in exile and returned them to the Divine Land of Mana, and the Divine Land of Mana one and the same! I am Esugomot who refounded our Divine Kingdom of Mana, and the Divine Kingdom of Mana one and the same! I am Esugomot, Last of all Ancient Kings who ruled in the era before the Sundering, and Heart-Origin of the Mana one and the same!"

"Fair and fruitful Gempria, most gentle of all lands... but I ask of you, how can the children of Mana settle upon the land of the Jealous Sun and Hateful Dragon? Nah, this decadent land can not house the Faithful of Mana! This land which will either be reclaimed by it's birthers or torn asunder by our now unsettled Kin will only drag the People of Mana from it's path! Heed the words of your Divine King, follow me upon my march to the North, to the Unknown! We shall carver out a home away from the influence of our foes, those who trampled upon our holy Esulom! For you are the children of the Mana, of me, undaunted before all adversity!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 15, 2023, 07:13:07 am »

THESUN's major blessing of the EMERGENCY GEMPRIA PRESEERVATION ACT contests this.

Imagine having the gall to incarnate into the only.land that survived you and your partner's rampages.

Blame Rut-Var for this, I just chill and gave people stuff and I would rather reincarnate elsewhere but unfortunately elsewhere does not exist anymore
Tim claims the land for The Dragon. Pick a random mortal. (We hold greater claim to Gempria.)

Reincarnate as a Dragon instead. Join the raiding.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 07:34:54 am by TricMagic »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 15, 2023, 07:48:50 am »

Monarch, once the sandy ground he had landed on had been promptly eradicated moments after the fact, was frankly, somewhat dissatisfied. Miffed, if you will, as he floated in the void, above where Esulom had once been.

It was a very unControllable set of events.

He took stock of what remained and his options. An unknown North and a still livable region under the Control of a powerful God-King who wanted to instill... democracy!? Monarch suppressed a retch... what an utterly Abhorrent idea. He supposed it was predictable of such an offensively Radiant entity.

The King of Shadows shook his head - he had no interest in contesting Gempria. At least for now. He turned his gaze to the North and then the God-King leading his people to the Unknown.

An opportunity?

Minor Intervention:
Monarch issues an edict onto the North, commanding the Region to stabilize its southernmost lands, to eradicate their mystery, forcing them to become livable... preferably, in his 'image'.

Minor Blessing:
Monarch blesses the Kingdom of Mana, to shield them from draconic wrath during their journey.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 15, 2023, 08:05:50 am »

Esulom, Voices of the Mana (2/4/0)
m: Esulom creates the King of Mana by fusing the Sandking with the remaining Sandprinces.
A large Sandfolk, many grafted limbs of the Sandprinces sprouting from it's back, headed by the face of the Last Sandking, the Crown of Astral Wisdom taking form upon it's brow.
b3: Esulom blesses the King of Mana.
talk: Esulom spoke Raven, urging them to be free. (Awe 2)
misc: Esulom stares at Tim menacingly.
THE WARDEN HAS ERADICATED ALL REMAINING ENTITIES THAT WORSHIP RUT-VAR:
- Esulom
Name: Esulom, Voices of the Mana
Crime: The unauthorized ascension of the Four Astral Princes
Vessel Appearance: The landmass of Esulom and it's boundless well of Mana, as it current is.
The God-Kings SLAIN by the WARDEN may reincarnate into a Vessel with only 1 stat to distribute.

God-Kings who were not directly targeted by an action of the WARDEN have managed to escape somewhere.
Reincarnation:
The God-King once known as Esulom seeped into the Mana-Heart of it's Vessel, forged for this very purpose.
Name: Esugomot, Last of the Ancient Kings, Heart of Mana.
Vessel Attributes:
Awe - 4
Law - 0
Might - 2

THESUN is unsure if being killed while the Warden was breaking Rut-Var's power is considered being directly targeted, and is concerned by this potential flouting of the Warden's authority while they are active.

Spoiler: Worldmap (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2024, 03:28:57 am by Demonic Spoon »

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 15, 2023, 09:32:24 pm »

In a instant, all the mortals Keseem cared for...were gone. The Might of Dressalia...vanished in a instant. The Sky cities of the wanderers gone forever. It is said that the dragon weeped the day it passed over the emptiness where the vast dust once was in its circulation. But quickly, got back in pattern...realsing that it all was gone, he sought to preserve the ancient works and life of his people..to any who would listen...

Use a Minor intervention, to create the Crystal Tear, a tear shaped meteorite which would land in a location near wheremortals begin to arise. It is always cold to the touch. There, encased is it, through the ether is the collected knowledge and history of his people, transmitted by touching the meteorite for the for the recipients to learn from, perhaps.

Transfer All once-active blessings if possible onto the memories of the people, which could be inherrited by those who learn from what came before. If I cannot do it, just do the first thing.

Avetruetotheimperator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 15, 2023, 09:59:27 pm »

Name: Aceroth the lord of all Dead
Crime: Created an Undead Computer singularity.
Vessel Appearance: A great storm in the skies, from which wails and other strange noises scream in the midst of it. Including things that sound like the voices of the long lost.
Vessel Attributes:
Awe - 2
Law - 2
Might - 1

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 15, 2023, 10:15:50 pm »

Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread reincarnates as a fork, assuming there is a fork in what remains of the world.

Minor Intervention: cast Kungo's Dress of Desire desire upon my fork vessel. This makes the fork irresistible to all who can see it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 10:20:08 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2023, 06:28:11 am »

((OOC: Joining in!))

Spoiler:  Kipp (click to show/hide)

"I can't believe I have been imprisoned for such a crime. Time to meet the cellmates, I suppose."

Minor Intervention: Conjure a series of rainstorms above the populated parts of the world.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 01:03:58 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 16, 2023, 09:28:35 am »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 16, 2023, 12:12:59 pm »

I will allow new God-Kings to act.

For chaos.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2023, 12:59:13 pm »

Acted.↑
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 9- (15+/???)
« Reply #328 on: September 04, 2024, 06:37:46 am »

TURN 9:

The Slumber has been broken! Time resumes, and catches up.

Name forgotten are uttered once more!

GOD-KINGS ACTION REPORT

THESUN (1/4/4)

Minor Intervention: THESUN creates the five Mirrored Glories from the leftover existential slurry of the Fellowship of Print.
Ominously floating masses of many angled mirrors which emit sonorous hums, the Mirrored Glories communicate among themselves and with others through transmuting nearby material into impeccably calligraphed pieces of writing, sometimes entire books if the Mirrored Glories are feeling verbose. As such the Mirrored Glories could theoretically recreate libraries of knowledge from their inherited fused memories. Indeed the Mirrored Glories feel joy in discovering, preserving and spreading knowledge. The Mirrored Glories can reflect and focus SUNlight into beams of deadly light to defend themselves and attack foes. They are sterile and immortal.
Minor Blessing b1: THESUN rescinds the blessing on the Bookbinders, instead blessing the Mirrored Glories with blinding LIGHT.
Minor Blessing b2: THESUN rescinds the blessing on the Apothecaries, instead blessing receptive and charismatic individuals from the Kingdoms of Mana and Lasers with fascination for the artifacts and ruins of the Democracy of Days, and a way to become one of the People of the Eternal Day.

Ferina (1/1/2)

Minor Intervention: Ferina creates as many snakes as godkingly possible.

Neetocris (1/0/0)

Incarnation: Neetocris returns, although its name has been forgotten by all! It rises as the derelict Palace of Neetocris, now much less awesome as it once was. The blessing on the Contest Winner's houses fizzle out as a result of its lower Law.

Tim (4/0/2)

Minor Intervention: Tim wrecks havoc by corrupting Gemprian technology and being a general nuisance to the people in Gempria.
Minor Curse: Tim curses the leaders of the Kingdom of Mana, removing the Major Blessing of Renewing Fire.

Revolution (1/4/2)

Minor Intervention: Revolution raises a series of pillars, each describing the history of the lost civilizations: the Democracies of Day and Two Seasons, the Adventurer Kingdom, Dressalia, the New Empire of Gavrasratii, the Scapleen Giants, the Old Empire of Gavrasratii, and the Wisp-People of Esulom. No mention of their gods would ever be found.

Minor Blessing: Revolution blesses the leaders of the Kingdom of Mana with wisdom, kindness, and unity. The stronger Law of Revolution overrides the curse of Tim.

Taki (1/0/4)

Miscellaneous: Taki walks into the FURTHER NORTH.

Gratis (0/1/0)

Incarnation: Gratis attempts to return as a Gemprian hill, only to be thwarted by the Major Blessing of THESUN. In extremis it reincarnates into a bird of suitable lawfulness.
Minor Intervention: Gratis hurls a ball of mud at Revolution to make them less Awesome. Revolution receives the attack without resistance.

Omnipotence (4/0/1)

Minor Intervention: omnipotence creates the Cotton Shrubs.
Sapient shrubs that produce cotton balls, imagine them like immobile Treants, with each shrub having a set of woody eyes. These shrubs can reproduce both through seeds and vegetatively through roots, the main purpose of these shrubs is to be cash-crops to provide worship; all of these shrubs that don’t worship Omnipotence are enchanted with a magical leylines in their roots, in which if they worship something else besides Omnipotence they explode magically.
Minor Blessing b1: Omnipotence blesses the Council of Sand to help them set up Cotton plantations.
Minor Blessing b2: Omnipotence blesses the Elder Cotton Shrubs with fertility.

Esulom, Voices of the Mana (2/4/0)

Incarnation: Esulom relinquishes its worldly vessel, incarnating into one bound by Blood. It takes on a new name, that of Esugomot, Last of the Ancient Kings, Heart of Mana.
Minor Intervention: Esulom now Esugomot then leads his people of the Mana Kingdom into a long journey North.

Monarch, Origin of Control, Lord of Violence, Shadow God of Conquest (2/0/2)
Minor Intervention: Monarch orders the Unknown to become Known, stabilizing a region of the southern North into a land of Control.
Minor Blessing b1: Monarch blesses the Kingdom of Mana against draconic wrath.

Rut-Var (0/0/0)

Slain Rut-Var remain Slain, causing its name to fade from mortal memory.

Kesem, Starlit Dragon of the Night Sky (1/3/2)

Minor Intervention: Kesem creates the Crystal Tear, a repository of the history and knowledge of Dressalia.
Unable to transfer the blessings to the memories, Kesem does nothing more for now.

Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread (0/0/1)

Incarnation: Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread reincarnates into the last fork in existence.
Minor Intervention: Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread casts Kungo's Dress of Desire upon the fork it has become. Now that's a curvy fork.

Kipp (2/1/2)
With what could be considered terrible timing, a new God-King is hurled down this mortal prison. Kill the Jaywalker, incarnated into a giant flying goldfish made of clouds.
Minor Intervention: The scarce few remaining populated parts of the world see a series of rainstorm passing over.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 11:39:00 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 04, 2024, 06:38:04 am »

WORLD TURN 9: AFTER THE END?

With the Warden's judgement descending, Time suffered collateral damage. The God-Kings perception became frozen, and the World kept on turning, and turning. Now the Warden is asleep once more, but names of old have been forgotten.

Rolls
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the wake of the annihilation of all other civilizations, the Manafolks and Sandfolks of the Kingdoms of Mana and Lasers were equally horrified and grateful for having been spared the indiscriminate wrath of the Watcher. Now out of fear of eradication, they made the names of the slain gods taboos not to be uttered or even thought of.

Not long after, the Kingdoms parted ways, those of Mana leaving North with their God-King, and those of Lasers remaining in Gempria to become plantation workers.

Gempria: Here be Dragons and Mana-infused Mech-piloting Birds

Ever blessed Gempria remained unphazed by the disappearance of mortals. It kept shining its indiscriminate light eternal for the lucky survivors to enjoy. Gempria once land of the Unlen now became land of Dragons and Mana Cores. With the disappearance of most of the civilized world, it was only natural for wild creatures to become the new rulers of the land.

Dragons multiplied and evolved into many subspecies allowing them to take advantage of all the biomes of Gempria. They were only challenged by the Mana Cores, these strange songbirds flying in gigantic frames of mana with an unbridled thirst for freedom. The Snakes for a time attempted to contest their dominion, but they were no match for the powerful Dragons and overpowered Mana Cores. Most of them were wiped out, but the scarce few that survived adapted and evolved into Bigger Snakes to rival the Dragons. They are a rare sighting in Gempria, but they do exist and fill an ecological niche.

Meanwhile territorial battles between Dragons and Mana Cores remain a sight to behold, but that doesn't make life any easier for the Kingdom of Lasers who remained in Gempria. There is now a saying that goes "to be stuck between a dragon and a mana core" to mean that a situation is less than stellar.

Kingdom of Lasers: Dragon Attack!

Life changed a lot for the folks of Lasers, who turned into a kingdom of cotton planters under the inspired directive of the Council of Sand. The sudden change caused the Kingdom of Lasers to stagnate or regress on anything unrelated to cotton, and eventually they became known as the Kingdom of Cotton.

For some reason the Dragon attacks kept intensifying, and there was one especially nasty Dragon known as Tim the Scourge who made life miserable for cotton planters and ruin delvers. Following suit, the Dragons regularly raided cotton farms for reasons unknown, but one surmise they might have just loved burning cotton.

Nonetheless the Kingdom of Cotton endured. And with each passing years they lost more of their past knowledge, their entire lives turning around cotton farming. They now lived to farm cotton, rather than farm cotton to live.

North: The Promised Land is Meh, and the North wants to maybe kill us

Under the guidance of Esugomot, the Kingdom of Mana journeyed North where Monarch stabilized existence into the Southern North, also known as the Known. This stabilized land was small, but stable. So terribly stable it could be called bland.

Here the Kingdom of Mana settled, and struggled due to the limited resources of the Known compared to abundant Gempria. They managed to endure as well, thanks to the guidance of the blessed leaders. Unlike their brothers of Laser now Cotton, they didn't lose their knowledge and skills, but they remained a small kingdom struggling with limited resources. That would have been perfectly fine if the Unknown North hadn't suddenly started expanding at a rapid unknowable rate, causing it to periodically spills into the Southern North, contaminating it.

With their land shrinking and any attempt to seal off the North ending in failure, some unrest is brewing in the Kingdom of Mana. There are talks of returning to Gempria among dissidents.

Minor Events

A scant few charismatic individuals from the Kingdom of Cotton are attempting to uncover the ruins of the Democracy of Days. So far no expedition really took off due to the ever present threat of dragons.

Some blessed homes remained uninhabited for so long they have somehow acquired sentience. They tend to themselves, and welcome any traveler that would be lucky enough to find one.

Some Dragons have adapted to the North. It is unclear if they truly exist or not, and are called Unknowable Dragons. Sudden disappearances of people around the Northern fault are attributed to these sneaky Unknowable Dragons. Rumors say these Unknowable Dragons are also responsible for stealing socks, but that remains unproven.

A Dragon has come across a fork. It is trying to spread table manners to its kin.

The Mirrored Glories wandered across Gempria, and started developing an odd obsession in the ecology of Dragons. Immortals and with a lot of time to spare, they recorded all details about Dragons, whether useful or utterly useless. As it turns out, 9 out of 10 what they recorded was in the latter category, but all that knowledge about Dragons might prove useful if anyone wanted to know more about these majestic creatures.

INTERLOPERS TURN

Scared of being noticed by the Warden, the Interlopers do not act this turn.

WORSHIP

Regions and World
Gempria generates 3 Worship.
Gempria worships THESUN and Tim equally due to their cordial relationship.
THESUN gains 1.5 Worship.
TIM gains 1.5 Worship.

North generates 3 Worship.
North worships Taki (Awe 1) and fears Monarch to a minor extent (Awe 2).
Due to Monarch's superior Awe, North fears Monarch equally.
Taki gains 1.5 Worship.
Monarch gains 1.5 Worship.

Southern North is too weak to generate Worship.

Creatures and Entities
THETHIRDSUN generates 3 Worship.
THETHIRDSUN worships THESUN (Awe 1).
THESUN gains 3 Worship.

The Dragons generate 4 Worship.
The Dragons worship Ferina (Awe 1) and Tim (Awe 4).
Due to Tim's superior Awe, most of the Worship goes to Tim.
Ferina gains 1 Worship.
Tim gains 3 Worship.

The Mana Cores generate 2 Worship.
The Mana Cores worship Esugomot.
Esugomot gains 2 Worship.

The Snakes generate 1 Worship.
The Snakes worship Ferina.
Ferina gains 1 Worship.

The Cotton Shrubs generate 2 Worship.
The Cotton Shrubs worship Omnipotence.
Omnipotence gains 2 Worship.

The sentient homes are too weak or few to generate Worship.
The sentient homes worship Neetocris.
The Unknowable Dragons are too weak or few to generate Worship.
The Unknowable Dragons worship Taki.
The Table-Mannered Dragon is too weak to generate Worship.
The Table-Manned Dragon worship Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread.
The Mirrored Glories are too weak or too few to generate Worship.
The Mirrored Glories worship THESUN.

Civilisations
The Kingdom of Mana generate 2 Worship.
The Kingdom of Mana worship Esugomot (2 Awe).
The Kingdom of Mana also worship Monarch (Awe 2) and Revolution (Awe 0) to a minor extent.
Esugomot gains 2 Worship.

The Kingdom of Cotton generate 2 Worship.
The Kingdom of Cotton worship Omnipotence.
Omnipotence gains 2 Worship.

Coalescing Worship:
Previous worship levels have been reset by the Warden

THESUN: 1.5 + 3 => 4.5
Ferina: 1 + 1 => 2
Tim: 1.5 + 3 => 4.5
Revolution: 0 => 0
Taki: 1.5 => 1.5
Neetocris: 0 => 0
Gratis: 0 => 0
Omnipotence: 2 + 2 => 4
Esugomot: 2 + 2 => 4
Monarch: 1.5 => 1.5
Kesem: 0 => 0
Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread: 0 => 0
Kipp: 0 => 0

4 Units of Worship will coalesce into a Unit of Major Intervention
Have gained a Major Intervention:
THESUN: 4.5 => 0.5
Tim: 4.5 => 0.5
Omnipotence: 4 => 0
Esugomot: 4 => 0

WARDEN TURN

THE WARDEN HAS LOST INTEREST, AND IS UNAWARE.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 05:38:37 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27