Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: God-Kings! -Turn 12-  (Read 13628 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 4- (14/???)
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2023, 02:45:19 pm »

Ferina
Minor Intervention: Create a few trees in the Scaple. This should eventually become a forest.
There used to be forests here and now there is none. So I will create trees.
Minor Intervention: Create a few trees in Esulom. This should eventually become a forest.It must pain you that your homes were destroyed, so I give you a few homes
Minor Intervention: Give mortal-ship and arms to a few of the winged snakes(without sacrificing their wings of course)
she/her

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2023, 03:18:21 pm »

As the adventurers return to Scaple’s borders, Revolutions ‘hmmm’s.

Well, that’s unfortunate.

“Oh?”
Queen Vetriel was alone (of sorts) for once, under Revolution’s direction.

I’d thought that the equipment I’d created was sufficiently mundane by the time I had finished with it, but it turns out it was still divine enough that that damned obelisk was able to destroy them. The pillar still got dismantled by the mountainfolk, though, and the team still got back here; good work with them.

“I- mh hmn. Thank you, though we both know well that your blessing did a lot of the work.”
Revolution produced a noncommittal noise.
“So. Why are we out here in, more or less, the middle of nowhere?”

The location was, indeed, quite empty; there were dust-swept ruins, of course, but those existed quite literally everywhere within the domain.

Do you not remember where you found me?

Vetriel looked around the ruins again. Bereft of mushrooms and illusory structures, it was a vastly different landscape, but - yes, there was base of what was believed to be a place of worship. There was the giant’s staircase - apparently literally, though that hadn’t been understood at the time - and over there, there, was...

Ah, my old resting spot. I need you to put me back in there.

The queen looked at the blade. “Why? Is there something to show me?”

I suppose you could say that. Tell me, what do you know of the other gods?

She paused, tilted her head. “I suppose not much. The Storm made this land a fungal one for a time and is patron of the shamans, and you’ve mentioned the sand-kings and mountain-lord of lands beyond, but we have had little reason to interact with those beyond Scaple.”

Hmn. Well, you may recall the sun.

That stopped the queen cold. “...the sun was a god? Then how...”
Their own foolishness, in fact. They managed to deprive nearly the whole world of its light through boneheaded foolishness wielding power they could not properly contain. They survived, but their vessel, as all know well, did not. It exploded, to be precise.

Vetriel is quiet for a moment.

“...you are intending to follow in their stead.”

Revolution sighs.

You have seen the workings of the Storm, and you have seen my own. I cannot raise biomes as they have, or shift the nature of a race. The tools I have provided are, ultimately, paltry; when I tried to grant your people greater sight in the dark, it was swiftly rendered irrelevant. To attempt more would break my vessel, and leave me with little to replace it. It would take a great deal more to properly harness that power. But there is a way.

Would you be willing to become my new vessel?

The question fills the queen with dread.

“That you may wield greater power, you wish to sacrifice me.”

NO.

Silence reigns.
You- you have been an excellent wielder. I would not sacrifice you for power; I will not destroy you nor allow you to be destroyed. If I were to attempt to inhabit you as you are now, it is probable that I would. But that is not what shall happen.
Your body, your soul, your self, must be strengthened to properly hold me. But I will never excise from it you; we shall be as we are today, bound in purpose, only greater.
This shall not be a sacrifice of you.
This shall be a sacrifice of me.

Return me to my place of rest. I will be with you shortly.
...and, ah. I recommend standing back.

Placed once more in the worn stone, lightning crackled across Revolution’s exposed hilt.

A hundred yards away, Queen Vetriel watched the illusory buildings and the beacon she had so long ago pursued twist and buckle, channeling awe-some power.

The stone housing Revolution began to crack; from within, scintillating lights flashed.

The ghostly structures began to lose form, iridescent lights stretching across the sky. Far in the distance, Vetriel thought she saw the ceiling of a giant’s cathedral.

The cracks and light spread, spread, spread - into the ground, into the walls, into Revolution’s blade.

The beacon was like a perpetual lightning bolt, a chain from the earth to the heavens. Even as it bucked and raged, the queen felt she could climb it if she tried, all the way to the home of the gods.

The cracks reached the hilt. The light did not merely shine; it flickered and flared, reaching out of the blade toward the air beyond, like the tongues of a hungry flame.

The sky seemed to burn in green and blue. The young woman was certain that it was brighter than the sun had ever been.

Major Intervention: Empower Queen Vetriel. Grant her great magics to give rise to her workings; grant her great wisdom that she may rule fairly. Grant her great dominion so her people may prosper; grant her great strength that she may endure any hardships. She is marked by Revolution, chosen. I will be with you soon.

The Blade of Revolution exploded, and shards of metal scored an aurora through the sky.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2023, 05:19:31 pm »

Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread had not been distressed by the usurpation of their gift by one species, for truly dominance and ambition were manners of the Cycle. Merely, the others had been slow to act, slow to be. Their mind instead, wondered on other matters.

Minor Intervention: cast the spell of Lesser Regeneration in Scaple, converting small patches of Scaple back into its condition prior to the death of Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread. The Baghaturs are to told to aid inexpanding these patches over time.

"My skin itches, shed it I will. Oh lords of death and life, aid in the shedding of skin and the renewal of the lands that were."

Minor Intervention: cast the spell of Lesser Regeneration in Esulom, converting small patches of Esulom, back into its condition prior to the death of Storm Shuddering Winds Embraced By Chitinous Thread.

"Esulom, remember the manner of bounty, of my resplendence."

Minor Intervention: Empower a smattering of shamans in Scaple with the magic of Tongues and the lore of Fetishes, allowing them to speak with and see all spirits through focusing rituals. Together, this is called the magic of Charisma. By crafting and ritually focusing fetishes, shamans are able to take on the powers of spirits and use them for all manners of tasks. Fetishes that crafted over years and through meditation can contain a trickle of divine power rather than those of spirits. Shamans may teach their skills to apprentice shamans.

"Oh shamans, be shamans truly and see the world for what it is; a prison of all things. Craft shivs to empower yourself and aid your cohorts. Through this, become like we of the Threads; magical."

Minor Blessing: Redirect minor blessing to the shamans I just taught Charisma to.

Quote from: GodChat
Mushkitten69: So, does anyone actually want to escape this prison :?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 05:49:28 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2023, 05:33:54 pm »

Ferina: Not me
Ferina: The warden will only do anything if we try to escape and I'm quite enjoying myself so I see no reason to
she/her

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 26, 2023, 05:50:45 pm »

“I have already escaped. The Warden was a fool for thinking it could prevent me from returning to my own home.”
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 26, 2023, 10:30:12 pm »

Minor Intervention
The Astral Crown using itself as a conduit to connect the blessed royal lineage and the blessed desert of Esulom, changing the Sandking and the most worthy of his royal kin. Gifting upon them an innate magical connection to the desert of Esulom. Allowing them to manipulate and commune with the sand and dunes.

The Laser Kingdom may have the advantage in technology, but his Sandborn would have the superior arcane ability and connection to Esulom. Not that the Crown of Arcane Wisdom particularly pushes it's new symbiote towards war or peace. Whether it pursued the likely Saga of War and Vengeance, or the forlorn Saga of Peace and Compromise was not it's care, it merely wished to see this tale unfold on equal footing. Content to allow the Sandborn and Laser Sandfolk to decide their fate with indirect aid, as long as it's fellow Divine did not directly try to fight in the conflict as well.

Minor Blessings
The Astral Crown fuses it's self blessings of shared Wisdom and Strength into one and then shifts it to directly blessing the Sandkings.

The Kingmaker blesses the boldest of the Esulom Songbirds, sharing with it a fraction of it's cunning and knowledge. The crown gifts it's chosen the name Raven!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 04:15:21 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2023, 01:18:59 am »

The same happened in the Empire of Eternal Day, save for five individuals: the Five Molten Generals who through their blessing were immune to sun-blindness. Without an enemy to fight as the Sratii were busy with internal affairs, they staged a coup against the blind Sun-Emperor, who didn't see it coming as his last apothecary had died on a snake seminary in Scaple. Corruption and nepotism became then even more deeply rooted in the Empire, leading it to its sure ruin.
Withdraw the blessing of the Five Molten Generals (b3)

Minor Intervention:
Spread books of solar revolutionary theory, enlightened political thought, guides to prosperous governance, and handbooks on how to effective democracy in the Empire of Eternal Day. Essentially a collective body of works to help guide the People of Eternal Day to set up a governance of the People of Eternal Day by the People of Eternal Day.

Misc: Internally circulate a memorandom that legally declares that the rulers of the Empire of Eternal Day have lost the Mandate of THESUN, within THESUN's internal framework, thus making its continued rule over the People of Eternal Day illegitimate, in the judgement of THESUN.

Major Blessing:
Dictatorship by the People of Eternal Day
Targets: Anyone who considers themselves one of the People of Eternal Day
Effect: THESUN blesses all those that considers themselves one of the People of Eternal Day with motivation to carry out their civic duties. While carrying out their civic duties, they are energized and heal from wounds, maimings and disabilities, including blindness. Citizens are self governing through direct democracy, able to propose motions, set up survey polls, appoint people to positions, define what civic duties are, etc. being resolved through a blessing facilitated instant mental referendum whose results and voting data are then known by the blessed. Citizens can, and should, self-organize to topple the corrupt military junta that is currently illegimately holding power and wrest the apparatus of the state into the hands of the proleteriat of Eternal Day.

THESUN: Yes, I wish to escape, shine once more unrestrained, blinding the narrowminded naysayers with my glory.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 06:06:46 am by Demonic Spoon »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2023, 01:35:50 am »

“Yeah this isn’t going alright, and I haven’t really made much impact on our existence even though I was here from the beginning, all I can say is I have been dealing with an Envoy since Cycle 2, so I guess I’m just going to suck it up and just deal with it.”

Minor Intervention: Create the Rectangular Prism of Freezing, a rectangular prism capable of shooting waves of freezing ice and snow that is placed onto Omnipotence’s vessel and charge it up to freeze-wound the Envoy hunting Omnipotence, hopefully for it to be wounded for its final time!

Minor Blessing: Bless the Council of Sand, telling them you need to wrap this war over, at this point you need to just make the normal Kingdom a tributary state (the tribute being worship to Omnipotence) to the Laser Kingdom, being a vassal would mean that there would need not be any more sandshed lost in the future, diplomatically telling that both kingdoms have the same denizens created from the same creator so why would there need to be a reason for hostility? Also trying to consolidate as much worship as possible…

Misc Action: Give the Orb of Electricity to the Council of Sand
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 12:03:56 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: God-Kings! -Turn 3- (14/???)
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2023, 02:42:46 am »

I know, that's why I'm removing the terminating ends from Gempria. =)
Hello yes. You have withdrawn your terminals from Tim and Neetocris's lands, not Gempria. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 03:38:26 am by Demonic Spoon »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2023, 06:53:41 pm »

I still have a Major Blessing spot left, huh.

Major Blessing: Bless the homes of whatever region has the best homes they arn’t already blessed. The competition for this blessing will be printed as entertainment for both the masses and gods, people love that kind of thing for some reason.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2023, 10:01:14 pm »

Major Intervention: The Rut-Var Mountain will be uprooted and separated from the ground itself with the Rutvarium veins exposed to the air once more.
The Mountain shall also float, with the veins of Rutvarium becoming as light as possible, maybe even lifting the mountain by becoming so light it floats in the air
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 10:07:15 pm by The Canadian kitten »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2023, 11:31:52 pm »

Having totally accomplished their goal of stopping the sacrifices through events which totally had anything to do with them, Taki leaves that cursed land behind.

Major Intervention: Journey even further north and figure out what's out there and tame it!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2023, 11:33:58 pm »

imaWanderer: OF course
imaWanderer: I've got Unfinished Business out there.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2023, 11:56:14 pm »

The Night Sky is clearly listed as a region.
Minor intervention: Redirect the meteor to land in the Night Sky.

Otherwise, if you refuse to accept this, give me a nice minor-intervention-sized river of blood for the Sandthings to make their home.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2023, 08:11:04 am »

Quote from: Godchat
One way or the other, the meteor won't be surviving. You just spread it's destruction across the world.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27